30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey guys!

i know i'm a week late but was hoping i could join the group:embarassed:

i got my dvd over the weekend and started yesterday on lvl 1. it was a good sweat for sure!!! :drinker: decided to try doing lvl 2 this am. WOW! felt like puking midway thru :noway: but kept at it! think i will alternate between 1 and 2 for 15 days and then do lvl 3for 15.

is everyone doing it for 30 straight days, taking breaks between or how??? how often are check ins?

ttys!!! thanks:flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    ClassiC,

Everyone is going at their own pace. I've decided I'm going to start out by doing the shred for 2 days, then take 1 day off, and keep repeating that cycle. I think most of us plan on taking more than 30 days to do this. Even Jillian Michaels stresses the importance of rest days. I'm trying to do 10 days on each level, but , by that I mean 10 days of the actual video. I don't count the rest days in with the 10. I also do cycling for cardio and am getting back into yoga to get a good stretch on days I don't do the Shred or ride. We've just been checking in as we do it. Also, some of us are taking our measurements and then checking them again halfway through and again at the end. You don't have to post them, but maybe post your progress. It's up to you :happy: Hope that helps. It's not too late to join in :drinker:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    thanks skywalker!! :flowerforyou:

i'm going to be doing the couch to 5k program 3 days a week in conjunction as well for some extra cardio. i'm going to take weekends off:flowerforyou:

keep up the good work:drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Sounds good!! :happy: Welcome aboard!! :drinker:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Had the weekend off last week. but done the three weekdays so far so that makes 7 days. definately feeling it in my shoulders. im alternating between level one and two because they are so very different. i don't get my heart rate as high in level two but it is defiately harder work. haven't got to level three before but im feeling positive. lost 3 pounds since the start aug 31st so far. will update measurements a week on friday but i know things have changed a little already

bought protein recovery shakes to see if they help. they were on offer so i thought i would try. they state, but are definately not, vanilla flavour lol.
    i am never eating enough protein but i can now.
    hope everyone keeps going. it seems all the time that life gets in the way.
    good luck
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

April_mesk: Thank you for the information on kettlebells. I did not end up going last night because I didn't get home on time, but am planning on going next Tuesday. I have been having email conversations with the instructor/club owner and she says that beginner level is fine. I would imagine that in the meeting next week, that she will give me an overview and then I'll either watch or participate in a class. They offer two free classes, which I think is a great idea so people can determine if it is a match for them before signing up for a series of classes.

Well, I was a lazy bum when I got home last night. I hate that I didn't do anything, but tonight is a volunteer night, providing it doesn't rain, so I'll be spending three hours walking with the kids and horses in a sandy arena. If I have enough energy left after that, I'll try to fit in a session with Jillian. Otherwise, I'm hoping to get up early tomorrow morning so I can fit it in before work.

I'm glad to see others are forging ahead and I hope I have something more positive to report tomorrow!

Heather
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    dont know if Ill get my shred in today....had some weird stomach issues last night that Im still fighting off.
    and on top of it I have a migraine, Im dizzy, and I feel like I may have a fever.

Probably in my best interest not to push it
  • everyday
    Options
    Gosh this JM Shred is not as easy as I thought it would be.... does~ ANYBODY actually do 30 days in a row?

I did my 3rd Shred L1`... this morning along with 15 mins TM warm -up and 10 mins of extra stretching after, it went pretty well, just a tad easier:smile: than the 1st time. Might of been my attitude.. dont know.

Hang in there all.. Dont give up!!!

~feel better Jovi
  • Jovialation
    Options
    thanks. I really wish I felt fine because I didnt do the shred over the 3 day weekend and now I cant help but feel kind of guilty.
  • everyday
    Options
    Life's not in a straight line ( ebbs & flows) & besides.....Your not the only one! Just give it your best + your next Shred!!
  • skywalker
    Options
    dont know if Ill get my shred in today....had some weird stomach issues last night that Im still fighting off.
    and on top of it I have a migraine, Im dizzy, and I feel like I may have a fever.

Sounds like you're having the same issues I had all weekend. I took 2 days off from all exercise and because of my stomache I was afraid to eat certain things. I didn't really get to enjoy the holiday weekend and still am not 100%. I know how you feel, so I hope you get well soon :flowerforyou:

Finished day 6!! :happy:
  • Jovialation
    Options

Sounds like you're having the same issues I had all weekend. I took 2 days off from all exercise and because of my stomache I was afraid to eat certain things. I didn't really get to enjoy the holiday weekend and still am not 100%. I know how you feel, so I hope you get well soon :flowerforyou:

Finished day 6!! :happy:
    thanks, im just trying to stay positive in the meantime. My self esteem has gotten worse since Ive been dieting and exercising because my progress has been so slow and hasnt really shown in numbers so much as the way things fit and I really want to see numbers change.
    so now whenever Im not getting exercise I tend to guilt myself terribly even if I have good reasoning
  • skywalker
    Options
    Don't feel guilty! You can't help being sick. Better to take it easy and recover rather than push yourself too hard and end up feeling worse. It's ok to take a break :wink:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Heather,

Just popping in quick. Going in to weigh in in 6 mins. Let me know how you like the Kbells. I am curious about getting the 30 day shred. I will have to check it out online and see what it's all about- I think they have it at Walmart. I know Jillian is tough and I cannot weight to see Biggest Loser next week. That is my favorite show ever! It just keeps me more motivated. Well, good luck and wish me luck on the scale today. We'll see how things go.
  • skywalker
    Options
    april_mesk

One of the girls in this group said that Comcast On Demand has the Shred. If you have Comcast cable, check it out :happy:
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Hope I can join in the group! I love 30day shred, I have started working out regularly again after slipping the whole month of august! yuck! I have started the shred again last week but it is so hard for me to fit in a workout everyday even if it is for 20minutes, so here is what I did last week Tues, Wed, and Thurs I did Level 1 then right to level 2 back to back so 40minutes of the shred. This week I started it again on Tuesday and just finished another 40min of shred tonight. So I think that counts, right? 6 Shred workouts in 3 days is still 6 Shred workouts! I am also hoping to add in the couch to 5k workout 3 days a week also, i just need to keep motivated. I feel wonderful after the workout but I feel less energy from my diet throughout the day, going from eating everything in sight to 1300 calories is a killer! Hope you guys can keep me going I really want to complete the shred!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :flowerforyou:

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • skywalker
    Options
    Welcome, bribaby!! :drinker:
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 4, done!! :drinker:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Alright, I've been a slacker. I did one day since the beginning of Sept. I am going on vacation this weekend and my Mother-in-law will be at my house on Monday - fun! Anyway, my plan is to get back on track on Wednesday. I will totall restart the shred starting on Wed, Sept 16th. I also plan to get Jillian's other dvds next week.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    skywalker: Great, I do have Comcast and I will have to check that out, thank you! I may need to join this thread! I am going to check it out tonight. Thank you!