30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    day 3 on level 2 done! (day 22 overall!)

still haven't seen much movement on the scale, but i feel better and i think my measurements have probably gone down, but I am waiting to remeasure until day 30 overall.

Georg - i do the shred pretty much every day, but once i start a new level it is definitely necessary for break days because your body is adapting to the new and intense routine. good luck!

sky - i think i do agree that it goes faster, but holy ****, especially that last circuit with all the shoulder stuff is a KILLER!!! when i get to the last abs i can hardly keep myself in plank! tricks that others use to keep it going during those plank jacks for cardio and then the abs???
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I didn't do any shredding this weekend, but went for a three hour trail ride on horseback and man, am I sore! Of course, this kept me from attempting any exercising this weekend (I could barely even walk!). But, I'm going to at least get some walking in this evening.

It's a hectic week at work, so I'll be sitting at my desk more than usual, which doesn't help.

The exciting thing, though, is that my mom, sister and I are starting our own Biggest Loser challenge starting tomorrow evening. We're each going to put $25 in the pot and whoever has the greatest percentage of weight loss by our deadline will get the entire pot with the requirement that they buy themselves something nice...it cannot go toward bills or food. We're having our initial weigh-in during Biggest Loser tomorrow night. That being said, I'll have to be serious about working out and getting my Shred time in!

Happy exercising,
    Heather
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 20, did level 2 today shredded to level 3 yesterday and took a rest day on saturday. Sounds like everyone is feeling yucky like me, my muscles are aching, stomach killing me, and head ponding! :sick: I am barely eating which makes it hard to workout and oh my I was so out of breath during the workout. Wish I would just get better I really want to start running also with my shredding hopefully this week if this yuckyness goes away!

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Finally, I'm back!!! After 4 days of :sick: sneezing, aching, and coughing, I completed Day 4 of level 2 and an hour long bike ride. I feel so much better. :happy: and I'm back on track. :drinker:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 12, L2 (Day 3 of level 2) and I am finally back on track.

Skywalker- Yes, I was in the same boat - thank god I am out now and back on track. I haven't been so out of energy in a long time... and drank tons of water. Glad to hear you are doing better as well! I am promising not to quit at this. I didn't care how many days it took me to get better. I had to rest those two days. It was just impossible to do anything.
    Hopefully, we all stay well and keep on shredding! Almost 1/2 way through... I am going to just keep at it! :bigsmile:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Okay.
    I'm so sore today. :grumble:
    I did level 1 again after work, but my right knee & my left ankle are not very happy about it. :frown:
    Tomorrow I'll ride the bike instead, try Shredding again Wednesday. :smile:
    Holy moly.
    :noway:
    Thanks for all your help.
    I'm afraid Jillian will get me if I don't keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Day 15 done. :drinker:

Since the begining of the Shred, I've losed :

-11 lbs
    -15 inch. in all (on : breast, waist, stomach, hips, tigh and arm). :smile:
  • skywalker
    Options
    WOW, Iwkido!!! :noway: Good for you!!! :drinker:
  • Iwkido
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
    But it's just the begining, so the easier to lose, I think (hope not! :bigsmile: ).

And what's for you, on 15 days Shred?? :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning,

I'm glad that those of you who were feeling under the weather are making improvements.

I will be Shredding tonight either before or after Biggest Loser, depending on how late I have to be at work tonight. Dinner is already planned and I'm excited for the first weigh in of my family's BL challenge.

Happy exercising,
    Heather
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 13, L2 -
    Daughter was right with me tonight doing the high knees (so funny). She is only 16 months so it's funny to see her working out with me. Usually, I like to be alone with no distractions when I am working out but, I worked out earlier than I normally do so, she was still awake and my husband was cracking up laughing. Probably will help down the road though as she grows to know that this is something everyone should be taught. How to be healthy! Anyway, looking forward to BL tonight. Have to do some laundry now, uggh... :sad:
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 21 feeling much better today! Wow it looks like eveyone is feeling better today that is awesome! Did Level 2 and level 3, I am still achy, lower back hurts but it actually feels better when I workout. Good job lwkido!! Heather~ your biggest loser challenge sounds like a great idea it will be so much easier with the help of your family good luck to all of you! :flowerforyou:

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    did level 2 day 4 today (day 23 overall), tomorrow i am taking a rest day from the shred and just doing some cardio at the gym because my muscles are sore and i think they need a day to recover from this level 2 madness (esp the shoulders, good lord!!!)

level 2 is still killing me... i can't hold myself in plank anymore by the end.. i feel like all the exercises target the shoulders somehow!!! soooo intense.

hey you level 3ers - what is targeted in that workout? and how does it compare to level 2?
  • skywalker
    Options
    Day 5 of level 2 done!! (15 total). Half way!!! :bigsmile: I said at the beginning of this that I was going to take measurements at the start, halfway through, and at the end. I should take them tomorrow morning, but I want to wait an extra day or 2 so TOM is completely gone. I tend to puff up a bit at that time :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, great job so far, everyone! :drinker:

April_mesk, you said your daughter was shredding along with you... :happy: Well, I don't have children, but I did have a nosy cat trying to walk around under me during plank poses :laugh:
  • Iwkido
    Options
    :laugh: April_Mesk : I know what it is! And Skywalker, it's to funny too! :laugh: you can't rest with this position, otherwise... poor cat! :bigsmile:

Day 16 done, here! :drinker:
    But I'm affraid, I can't do it next days : my children are sick and I too since tonight. :frown: wait and see!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Ok, I weighed in and took measurements this morning..
    Since starting the Shred I'm down 4 lbs and have lost the following inches...

waist -3 :noway:
    hips -1
    chest -1
    chest (under boobs:tongue: ) -.25
    arms -. 5
    thigh - .5
    calves - .25

Not a huge weight loss, but I'm happy with the tape measure :bigsmile:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ok so I moved to level 2 yesterday and it kicked my butt. I felt more tired during level 2 then I did in level 1. I really liked it even though I was ready for it to be over by the end. Jow long have each of you been on each level. I was on level 1 for 7 days...spread out within 3 weeks.
  • everyday
    Options
    Hey Shredders :smile:

Its almost Oct 1st and I have done 5 Sheds since we started I feel like such a slacker... :frown:

I thought I could manage the short 20 mins ... but at the end of the day I have no steam left... Maybe when I get in better shape ? ... I hope!

But I will try again. So I have enjoyed reading ALL YOUR SUCCESSES and will continue.

GOOD LUCK hitting day 30!!!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good evening, everyone!

Everyday: Don't feel bad about only have 5 Shreds in...I'm right there with you. I've been getting in a lot of walking, but not much else.

Bribaby: Thanks for the well wishes. I'm excited about our family challenge.

Last night was Shred #6 and it felt harder than the last few times. I think I was getting lazy from having such a hectic week at work. No volunteering tonight, so it will either be Shred or the treadmill, depending on how much energy I have.

Did anyone else watch Biggest Loser? I can't believe what Tracy did...even Jillian says it was some of the nastiest game playing she's ever seen on the show! Bummer for the red team, but they looked great and I can't wait to see how they do when the finale rolls around.

Happy exercising,
    Heather
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Last night, I was naughty and ate some delicious Chinese food for dinner. To make up for it, I decided I needed to burn more calories than I do in Shred, so I did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones video. I burned 659 calories in 45 minutes! Woohoo. That put me back within my calorie allowance for the day!

I have to say, though, that my arms felt like spaghetti noodles by the time I got done with the plank circuit, but I gave thorough effort to all of the moves (except pushups, which I still can't do). I'm considering trying the Metabolism Boost tonight or doing Shred AND some treadmill time. Decisions, decisions...

Happy exercising!
    Heather