30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    I'm going to start the shred next week when my husband goes back to work after the long weekend -- and I have a question....are you you all doing the Shred every single day for 30 days -- or are you alternating every other day or what?? I know it's 3 levels and I plan to move up levels as I get comfortable with beginning, I'm not sure how it's meant to be used as far as the '30 days' goes -- every day, every other day -- or what?? Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Sassy,

Everyone is going at their own pace. I've decided I'm going to start out by doing the shred for 2 days, then take 1 day off, and keep repeating that cycle. I think most of us plan on taking more than 30 days to do this. Even Jillian Michaels stresses the importance of rest days. :laugh: I'm trying to do 10 days on each level, but , by that I mean 10 days of the actual video. I don't count the rest days in with the 10. I also do cycling for cardio and am getting back into yoga to get a good stretch on days I don't do the Shred or ride. Hope that helps. Join in if you'd like :drinker:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Thanks, Skywalker!! I may join in once I start on Tuesday -- if that's not too late. I think your plan for 2 on and a rest day is great -- I may try it that way also. I also love to ride the bike at our "Y" with it set on interval training - I burn about 340 calories with a 28 minutes interval ride with 5 minute cooldown. So, it would be fun to include the bike along with the shred. Thanks for the info!! Good luck to you all!!! I have taken before pics and will post my before and after SHRED in my blog. THANKS!
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've finally received my dvd this morning! :smile: But is it to late to join you? :ohwell: :embarassed:

It's never too late! Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

Yeah!! Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Day 1 completed!! Fiou! Really hard for me to do it without cooldown wow! :embarassed:
    My 5 year girl do it... and she can do the level 2 to (ok, she don't use any weight and haven't very good positions lol) !! :frown: *crying!* :wink: So I must wait that she's in the bed to make the workout! :embarassed: :bigsmile:
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Alrighty. I am going to join too. =D

Yay 30 day shred!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Ok my fellow shredders...While my LO is asleep I am going to try to get through level 1 this morning:):):)...

OT: I am buying a new scale tonight, Can anyone suggest a good scale that is accurate and below 40 bucks:)..I found 1 at ****s for 60 bucks and it seems nice but I am afraid it won't be accurate...
    TIA:drinker:

Keep on shredding:smokin:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Ok..Just got done....I cheated on the jumping jacks..because I have excess body parts( Im sure you can figure it out)....But the rest I worked really hard at it!!!!:laugh:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Ok my fellow shredders...While my LO is asleep I am going to try to get through level 1 this morning:):):)...

OT: I am buying a new scale tonight, Can anyone suggest a good scale that is accurate and below 40 bucks:)..I found 1 at ****s for 60 bucks and it seems nice but I am afraid it won't be accurate...
    TIA:drinker:

Keep on shredding:smokin:
    My Mom got a really nice Weight Watchers scale at Lowe's. It's glass and looks pretty cool. :laugh: I think it was under $40. I've also seen the same one at Kmart and Walmart.
    Great job getting through the Shred today. There's no shame in making modifications when you need to. I hate the jumping jacks too. Thank god for sports bras :laugh:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    hahaha!! the problem is i only have 1 sports bra....I try to wash it everyday but sometimes I forget...

stupid big B**bs:grumble:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I want in but won't start till next week when the kids go back to school!

Have a great long weekend!
  • skywalker
    Options
    hahaha!! the problem is i only have 1 sports bra....I try to wash it everyday but sometimes I forget...

Same here :laugh: :laugh: I only have one that is "strong" enough for the Shred!! :laugh:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options

Same here :laugh: :laugh: I only have one that is "strong" enough for the Shred!! :laugh:

bwahahha...Its SO true... I practically need duck tape to tape these suckers down!!!!...I bought a sportsbra from the Reebox outlet store in Tannersville for 7 bucks...Its really tight and gives me a nice uniboob...:grumble:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options

bwahahha...Its SO true... I practically need duck tape to tape these suckers down!!!!...I bought a sportsbra from the Reebox outlet store in Tannersville for 7 bucks...Its really tight and gives me a nice uniboob...:grumble:

I do not have that problem :sad: haha. oh well.

On the bright side I lost a pound this week! Don't know how...but I'm super happy! :happy:

I am having major allergy issues this week so only did shred once...but am going to do it tonight after work since I'm headed to my cottage for the long weekend :drinker: and have a feeling no exercise will be happening.....:blushing:

Have a happy weekend fellow Shreders!

31345.png
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hello!

was so sore yesterday that i did a really puny job on day 2 so im not counting it... i am about to do it now!

in response to the "how much weight do you use and when to switch to the next level" question:

i did this in the summer too, and tried to switch after 10 days. i found level two much more difficult - so i would recommend not switching until you can do level one with natalie (the one doing all the moves a bit harder and/or full out), because then you will probably be ok at level 2. agian, everyone is at their own pace so honestly i will probably not change for a while because i want to be great at level 1 before i try level two again. oh also i use 5 lb weights which make the shoulder raises soooo painful lol.

good luck with the shred today everyone!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I jumped ahead and did the Level 2 Shred last night and liked it better than Level 1. Maybe it was because I didn't have to do as many pushups! I used 3 lb. weights and found that I could consistently do the moves with them. In Level 1, I use 5 lbs. except for the side lunges/shoulder raises.

Thanks for the giggles this morning as I was reading the sports bra commentary. I am fortunate enough to own about four sports bras, but the Champion ones from Target are my favorite. They keep my DDs firmly in place during those darn jumping jacks and they were only $9-14 when they had a sale. They're usually buy one, get one 1/2 off at any Bally outlets.

Last night after my workout, I watched Level 3 and am thinking that looks like a tough one! I just might attempt it, but might need the modified moves.

I'm going to be rotating different Jillian and Biggest Loser videos throughout, though I love Shred because it takes half the time as the other Jillian videos! The Biggest Loser videos are longer as well. I may also fit in some biking and hiking this weekend; try to make the most of the nice days while we have a few of them left!

I'm glad to hear everyone is progressing. Have a great day and happy exercising!

Heather
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I would love to join your Shred group. I bought the DVD two weeks ago and have been rotating it in with other Jillian Michaels (Metabolism Boost and Trouble Zones) videos, as well as the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt. I'm already down 8 lbs. in my first week. This was after attempting the Beach Body Slim in 6 program, where I did nothing but gain weight!

30 Day Shred is intense but the time (20 minutes) goes so fast and I feel energized afterward. In 25 minutes, I burned 362 calories according to my HRM. Wow!

Jillian is amazing and I can't wait for the new season of Biggest Loser to start on September 15th...that show is a huge motivator for me.

I wish you all luck on your first day of 30 Day Shred! I'll be doing it tonight!

Heather

I love the BL show! I have watched every season. So motivating! I don't have the 30 Day Shred, but may purchase it. I am doing AE Active and kbells right now, but this challenge ends this week so, I will need to find something different, I think. Would like to mix it up. I may need to try this out. I just hate sinking money into diff. fitness dvds etc. I have already spent soo much money... but, I don't drink/smoke so, I guess this is my vice...Hey, it's good for you, right? :bigsmile:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I use Weight Watcher scales. My mom, sister and I each have different models of them and they all will give the same readings on the same day (we tested them!) My boyfriend has a scale of another type and the readings on his exactly match the readings on the Weight Watcher ones. When I belonged to Weight Watchers, their expensive scales also matched what mine said at home, so I'm thinking they must be pretty accurate. All of the models were under $40 and they were all purchased at WalMart and Target. If you can't find them at a retailer near you, you can also purchase them online at weightwatchers.com.

Hope that helps!

Heather
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    woops, obviously, still have issues with certain things...
  • everyday
    Options
    Hi Shred ~ E's

Just a fast ck in!

My scheduled 3rd Shred day is tomorrow, but have to do Sunday! ( promise to me)

Glad to see all the new people!!:smile:

~WELCOME!!~
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    2nd day shred : OK!! :happy: :drinker: