July 2nd - September 30th..P90x Group!

Options

Replies

• Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been missing for a couple days because I've been so busy! My boyfriend's birthday was this weekend, and things were pretty much non-stop action packed since Friday. xD But I'm back on track today and will be doing the Chest and Back workout! Which I'm pretty stoked for, because I've seen the most improvement with the strength of my arms! :D So yay!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is ready to start week 3! Can't believe that we're on the third week already! Crazy!
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Looks like this group is getting a wicked start to p90x. I started my 2nd round also on the July 2nd week and wanted to cheer you on!!! Lost 5.2 lbs my first week and looking forward to toning up my seriously weak core! The yoga is a killer and I rain sweat onto my mat lol

Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations on finishing one round already. Your results are awesome!
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well looks like I'm out for now. :brokenheart:

The doc told me not to lift weights or do any exercises that use my hand for a few weeks. I am going to continue on my weight loss journey though! I wish all of you the best in completing P90X!! I will be sure to check in from time to time.

:smile:
  • Rukadare
    Options

The doc told me not to lift weights or do any exercises that use my hand for a few weeks. I am going to continue on my weight loss journey though! I wish all of you the best in completing P90X!! I will be sure to check in from time to time.

I'm so sorry to hear that! But, the doctor knows best! I hope that your recovery is quick and easy. :)

Don't be a stranger, and if you need encouragement in anything, feel free to contact me or post here! And if in a couple weeks you get to start p90x, come back! :D Haha Thanks for joining the group in the first place, though. <3 Good luck on your journey, and don't give up!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear that Jordan :(
  • mdm3
    Options

Take it easy and heal. Continued good luck on your journey.
  • mdm3
    Options
    Okay guys, I'm swapping the Yoga and Kenpo days. I think I need the extra time on Saturday to get through the yoga. Hopefully that's alright.
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Okay guys, I'm swapping the Yoga and Kenpo days. I think I need the extra time on Saturday to get through the yoga. Hopefully that's alright.

Of course it's alright. :p I sometimes switch Yoga with the rest day or do some other yoga routine I like more. But Yoga X is definitely super long. Maybe a little too long in my opinion. I've done yoga classes in the past, and I feel like I get the same results from doing 45 minutes. Oh well!
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Anyone else sweat like a river when doing Yoga X? I noticed I seem to break out in a sweat very fast when I start doing the poses.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    So today was the beginning of the month of Ramadan which means I start fasting for a month. I Fast from Dawn to sunset, during that time I can't eat or drink anything. Last year I lost about 10 lbs mainly due to not not over feeding when I break my fast at night, but I also wasn't exercising at all. So I'm kinda curious to find out how the results will be this year due to P90x.

Also I hit my 240 goal that I set when I joined MFP in May, so happy about that. My weight has slowed down a lot due to the muscle gain from P90x which is very noticeable to me.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    mdm3 how did Yoga go today?

Everyone else how did Kenpo X go?

I have to say doing Kenpo X while fasting with no water in the body is rather rough, but I felt amazing after I finished.
  • Rukadare
    Options
    So today was the beginning of the month of Ramadan which means I start fasting for a month. I Fast from Dawn to sunset, during that time I can't eat or drink anything. Last year I lost about 10 lbs mainly due to not not over feeding when I break my fast at night, but I also wasn't exercising at all. So I'm kinda curious to find out how the results will be this year due to P90x.

Also I hit my 240 goal that I set when I joined MFP in May, so happy about that. My weight has slowed down a lot due to the muscle gain from P90x which is very noticeable to me.

Great job for hitting your goal! :D What an amazing accomplishment! As for the fasting, I've fasted before and tried to workout, and for me it was not such a good idea. I got very dizzy and didn't feel too well afterwards. :x So I would just caution you to be smart with your workouts while you fast. Is it possible to do your workout after you break your fast in the evenings? Like eat a bit, and then workout, and then eat again? (I'm sorry! I do not know much about Ramadan and what goes on.) Or perhaps workout early in the morning after you've eaten something that night instead of in the middle of the day or something.

Besides that, I am not so sure! But congrats on your weight loss and muscle gain! :)
  • Rukadare
    Options
    @vtmoon

I think it's so funny how much you love Kenpo X, because I absolutely hate it! XD I am so uncoordinated, and I just feel so silly throwing punches. That's the only workout that I didn't work up a sweat because of how badly I was doing the moves. Dunno how to really make it intense when I can't even get my body to throw the punches right haha. :p

So I've just been doing some other form of cardio instead of Kenpo X. Like yesterday I went surfing for a few hours. Which is pretty intense what with all of the paddling and whatnot! Much more fun than Kenpo X in my opinion. :p But each to his/her own!

Can anyone believe that it's almost the fourth week? Apparently the fourth week is a recovery week, but I read somewhere that some people just do another week of what they've already been doing if they want to. I think for me, I'll do the fourth week as planned, but then add a bunch of cardio, because I really do miss running.

How is everyone feeling?
  • mdm3
    Options
    Yes, I sweat like crazy doing the yoga and think it's my least favorite workout. Like Rukadare, I've done other yoga classes for shorter periods of time and gotten the same results. I've also liked other yoga dvds a bit better.
  • mdm3
    Options

Congratulations on hitting your goal!! Your hard work is paying off.

What's your plan for continuing on the program during Ramadan? Will you workout before dawn?
  • mdm3
    Options
    @vtmoon

I think it's so funny how much you love Kenpo X, because I absolutely hate it! XD I am so uncoordinated, and I just feel so silly throwing punches. That's the only workout that I didn't work up a sweat because of how badly I was doing the moves. Dunno how to really make it intense when I can't even get my body to throw the punches right haha. :p

So I've just been doing some other form of cardio instead of Kenpo X. Like yesterday I went surfing for a few hours. Which is pretty intense what with all of the paddling and whatnot! Much more fun than Kenpo X in my opinion. :p But each to his/her own!

Can anyone believe that it's almost the fourth week? Apparently the fourth week is a recovery week, but I read somewhere that some people just do another week of what they've already been doing if they want to. I think for me, I'll do the fourth week as planned, but then add a bunch of cardio, because I really do miss running.

How is everyone feeling?

Rukadare, it's funny because i really like the Kenpo also, although I think my favorite workout is plyometrics. I like these two mostly because there's a lot of cardio involved, but like you too, I wanted a bit more which is why I'm adding in some Insanity days. When I'm really tired, I can't do the Insanity, but when I can do it, it really feels great to get through the workout. I also ended up running on Saturday rather than doing Yoga. We had a family day at work and played soccer and did relay races. I had planned to do yoga after that, but was just wiped out. At least I got a workout in and am so very much looking forward to the recovery week. Congratulations all to making it to our 4th week! Yea us!!!
  • vtmoon
    Options
    So far seems like working out right before breaking my fast is giving the best results, I tried working out around mid night which is a couple hours after eating and I just felt spent. Surprisingly I feel my energy highest around 4 in the afternoon but don't want to do a hard workout then cause I would have to wait like 3-4 hours before I can drink water and that might not be fun.

And yes Kenpo X is just fun to me kicking and punching, it's like being a kid again! Now if I had the option to be surfing all day then of course that is way better. Also when you are throwing those punches visualizing something you don't like helps make it intense :)

Ya, I was looking at the change in the schedule, I might just fellow it and see how it goes. I'll do more reading and see if it's part of the muscle confusion stuff they do or if it's just to help you take it easy.

I'm not sure how it's going with everyone but I am starting to feel some serious muscles on my back ( the area a little under the shoulder blades) when I do the back exercises with pull ups and what not.
  • vtmoon
    Options

Congratulations on hitting your goal!! Your hard work is paying off.

What's your plan for continuing on the program during Ramadan? Will you workout before dawn?

Kinda testing out different times, bu plyo and kenpo seem to work fine an hour before breaking the fast, but need to do more day to see if that is the norm.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    CORE SYNERGISTICS = WTFmate. Some of that stuff was a bit too wacky for my taste, hopefully next time it will be a bit more easier to do.

My core is sucky to say the least this workout just made me realize how much.

How did everyone lucky it?
  • Rukadare
    Options
    CORE SYNERGISTICS = WTFmate. Some of that stuff was a bit too wacky for my taste, hopefully next time it will be a bit more easier to do.

My core is sucky to say the least this workout just made me realize how much.

How did everyone lucky it?

I'm in the same boat! (Or banana. >.> Haha!) It was so weird! And the moves were so over the place that while I did work up a sweat, I just didn't feel like I was getting a great workout. Especially when you're supposed to switch a pose really quick. I spend most of the time actually switching to the pose, and as soon as I get there, I have to switch again! XD

I did it though, and that's what counts. Now that we know the gist of what goes on in the video, maybe it'll be easier next time? But I went on a bike ride yesterday as well as a back up plan. :p Haha