July 2nd - September 30th..P90x Group!

Options

Replies

• mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The core synergistics does get easier and you are both right, it's a bit weird. I worked up a real sweat doing it and managed to burn 400 calories and so I was content. I did Kenpo today instead of the yoga and had an excellent workout. My energy is definitely increasing and I'm feeling really good. Hope you guys are too!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Did Yoga X today instead of Stretching to make up for missing Yoga X on Monday, I still get a kick out of how much I sweat doing Yoga.
  • Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love how intense yoga can be! :)

I have been semi-sick for the past couple of days. Nothing huge, just all stuffed up with a headache. :( My throat was bad two days ago but that went away fairly quickly so thank goodness! I'm glad that this is the rest week because I've been resting quite a bit. Still managing to get some physical activity in though.

What are your guy's stance on substituting workouts in the program? I know that for me, there are some workouts, like Kenpo that I will sometimes do something else like bike for 10+ miles or run or something instead. I've just been adding more cardio too. I feel kind of bad for skipping a workout sometimes or replacing it, but I feel like I get a better workout doing something else. Also, I always do the strength training workouts and Pylo. No way will I skip those! But the less intense stuff I do and do something more intense. :x Meh.

Hope everyone is doing well! I know that our little group definitely shrunk down, but I'm glad for those of you who've stayed. :) We will make it to the end! Day 30 coming up soon! Can't believe it's gone so fast!
  • mdm3
    Options
    Yeah, I love how intense yoga can be! :)

I have been semi-sick for the past couple of days. Nothing huge, just all stuffed up with a headache. :( My throat was bad two days ago but that went away fairly quickly so thank goodness! I'm glad that this is the rest week because I've been resting quite a bit. Still managing to get some physical activity in though.

What are your guy's stance on substituting workouts in the program? I know that for me, there are some workouts, like Kenpo that I will sometimes do something else like bike for 10+ miles or run or something instead. I've just been adding more cardio too. I feel kind of bad for skipping a workout sometimes or replacing it, but I feel like I get a better workout doing something else. Also, I always do the strength training workouts and Pylo. No way will I skip those! But the less intense stuff I do and do something more intense. :x Meh.

Hope everyone is doing well! I know that our little group definitely shrunk down, but I'm glad for those of you who've stayed. :) We will make it to the end! Day 30 coming up soon! Can't believe it's gone so fast!

I'm definitely in favor of swapping out workouts. I am actually doing a hybrid P90X/Insanity because I wanted a bit more cardio. However on some days, I just can't do the insanity and go for the P90x cardio workouts. I normally love yoga, but just haven't been able to get into the yoga workout and so I sometimes also swap it out of one of my other yoga dvds. I'm still feeling good and so that's what I'm going with.

Really happy to hear that all are progressing! Keep it up guys!
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Really sick today. :( I've had this cold for a couple of days now, and today is the worst of it. Thank goodness it's the recovery week, though. I hope I'll be better by next week!
  • Juustinnnn
    Juustinnnn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really love the idea of this! Sounds like a great support system. I bought p90x in January and started with someone who didn't have as much to lose as myself so I began to falter and slip into old ways. Now using myfitnesspal I'm becoming more aware of what's going in my body and am ready to start again. Please let me know if another group begins like this :)
  • mdm3
    Options
    Really sick today. :( I've had this cold for a couple of days now, and today is the worst of it. Thank goodness it's the recovery week, though. I hope I'll be better by next week!

Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are better soon!
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I hope you feel better! I am just getting over my virus as well. I am still sick and tired, but starting to feel better. It was really, really bad. Also, my hand is mostly healed, so good news! I am going to try to jump back in and start P90X again tonight! I know I am 4 weeks behind, but I would still like to be a part of the group. Looks like a lot of people "pisappeared" (as my niece used to say when she was little :laugh: )
  • vtmoon
    Options

No Bueno! Hope you feel better.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    So many different types of push ups! Which is your favorite and which is your least?

I did enjoy Two-Twitch Speed Push-ups since I could feel it all the way.

On the other hand Clap Push-ups were a little rough, I almost busted my face trying to push too hard.
  • Rukadare
    Options
    The push ups were brutal! Since I was still feeling not so great, I only did a little over half of the workout...but! Today I am feeling better than ever and did the back and biceps workout and I love it so much! I was definitely feeling a burn, and I've noticed that my pull ups have gotten so much better! I tried to do one without the chair, and could allllmmost get there, but it's still really hard. I'm sure that will change though!

It's nice to not be sick anymore. I'm going to go for a run today and possibly a bike ride or a bit on the elliptical. :) Just in a really good mood right now!
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better!

Ya the workout was fun today, I was kind of scared about the pull ups with the towel, I just imagined myself falling or sleeping once I start doing them. But like you said I definitely feel much better when doing the pushes, still with the chair.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    So anyone compare their 1st day and 30th day pictures? or measurements?
  • vtmoon
    Options
    So this week I've been slacking due to being super tired from fasting, I'm 2 days behind, going to try and double up today or tomorrow and eliminate my rest day this week to catch up.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Rukadare
    Options
    So this week I've been slacking due to being super tired from fasting, I'm 2 days behind, going to try and double up today or tomorrow and eliminate my rest day this week to catch up.

How is everyone else doing?

Hey vtmoon. I have to admit that I have been slacking too. :x I have been so busy lately with events and going to interviews and getting ready for school, that I've hardly been home and have not had time to push play for a couple of days. I have also become very frustrated with the fact that with the program, I'm not losing weight. (Due to there not being much cardio, and the high calorie intake.) I have gained muscle, which is totally awesome though. And I feel a lot stronger.

I just had a second interview for a place I'm totally stoked to work at, and I'll know by Friday if I get it or not. So with that and school, I really gotta find a time to exercise.

I'm really conflicted here. I have lost weight before by running and decreasing my calories, so I am kind of leaning towards just simply doing that again and then once I hit my goal, attempting p90x again. (Or Insanity!) I feel really guilty about saying this, but I am finding p90x to be so monotonous, and I keep wanting to be outside and active like when I ride my bike or go for a run again like I used to.

Not sure what to do now. :x
  • vtmoon
    Options
    oh Noes! Ya I kinda figured you were slowing down when. I'm the same as far as weight lose goes, been stuck in the same since I started P90x but I definitely feeling the strength and the body change. You can add Cardio X to your weight days if you are doing classic and not lean.

Glad to hear about the interviews and work related stuff, seem you are excited about ti which is good :)

Ya I know what you mean about the program feeling monotonous, I feel that some times too, I just always wanted to do ti and really didn't want to use being bored from the same stuff as an excuse.

I can give you a pep talk but seems like you already got your mind made, but stick to exercising in any form you decide. Maybe once the summer is over and you are limited to the indoors more, you can give it another go or try insanity :)

Guess I'm the last of the Mohicans, I'll give an update ever now and then to let you guys know how I'm doing with it and what my final results are (hopefully that will encourage someone to do it in the future).
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Half way point if anyone else beside me is still going :)
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Half way point if anyone else beside me is still going :)

Very nice! ^-^ I really admire your dedication, and I have no doubt that you'll finish.

I have good news, and bad news. Bad news first: I've had to post pone p90x. I am bummed, but the good news is that I got the job, and that I will be getting a second job as well! So that is such a relief for me to finally be having some income. I will also (most likely) be getting an internship for this coming school semester which starts in a week, which may be paid! So it is going to be a crazy, crazy semester.

I'm excited for it though, because once school starts for me I will be able to get into a routine instead of running around like crazy like I am now what with trying to cram in a whole bunch of stuff before the summer ends. I am hardly ever home anymore. I've been riding my bike and my job now requires me to always be standing and walking around. And the second will be me running around haha.

So I can't wait to start this again, and I would still love to hear about your progress. You have been such an encouragement to me, vtmoon, and I thank you for that! :) I still want to encourage you, though! So don't give up! >:D
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Day 62, just finished first week of Phase 3. Going to be fun this phase since it's changing every week on what we do.
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Day 77! It's the last week of phase 3 reg workout and next week is phase 3 recovery week, don't believe it's almost over.