Women: What is the perfect size?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Eadne
    Eadne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would say its up to every person's body type. I am a big boned gal and everyone has told me they highly doubt I will ever be able to go below a 10 at the least, 12 may even be pushing it. But look at Monroe she was stunning at a size 12. So I say it's what you look good in and what makes you feel good. If you feel great at a size 12, stay there. If not, do what you gotta do. If you look amazing in a 4 then hey, there yah go!

Erm... she was never a US size 12... she was certainly no more than a size 4, and had a 23 inch waist. The urban myth about her being a size 12 seems to have become quite widespread because it makes larger people feel better about their weight.
  • moerketid
    moerketid Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I look at my best when I'm a UK 14, a UK 12 at a push (that's a US 12 or 10). I'm a tall, hip-py and busty hourglass shape and that's just what looks right with me. At my absolute thinnest as a teenager, not eating, I was a UK 10-12 (8-10US) and there is no way I could be less than that without being in serious danger. You could see my ribs clearly and my cheeks were sunken. So anyone who wants to generalise that a size 6 is plus size or ideal or whatever is talking out of a hole in their head.
  • izzie_Preston
    Options
    think my perfect size would be a uk 12 or 14 i dont want to go to skinny i dont think id suit it (but who knows im so used to carrying around my huge belly i may like it when its gone lol)

iv got 3 weddings next year of friends all very slim and beautiful (some people get all the luck) n i really want to look nice at their big days im sick of getting stuck at the back of every photo.

also when i get married im scared nothng in the dress shops will fit so ill not know what things really look like

above all i have 2 girls i do not want them seeing a fat mummy i want them to have a healthy mummy
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to hit a UK 14/16, some people would still call that big but I don't want to be any less! I like having a bit of curve and if I loose my boobs, 38FFs currently, I'd die O:
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    For me, I was happy in a US womens 8, but If I can be women's 6 that would be great. I think I'd have to be at about 145-150 for that. I have no hips and a common disease called "noassatol." Now my shirts are a different story, I will never wear a small in shirts...Even at a size 6 and 140 (high school) mediums fit me snug around the boobs, although loose as hell at the waist.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame. Currently sitting at UK 12-14, would like to be more like a 10-12. My goals are more about fitness than weight loss though, I would prefer to look more athletic/toned and be able to achieve more with the sports I do.

I have been a UK size 10 before when training a lot (kickboxing) and I looked fit and healthy but the doctor told me I was overweight as I weighed 11 stone but I was skinny for me and had low body fat. When I was a UK 8-10 and not training (I was doing the alcohol and heartbreak diet) I was told I was the perfect weight for my height! Yet I was so unhealthy, both mentally and physically, and I looked awful. Go figure....
  • sdemarco121878
    Options
    I think some of the plus-sized models are a size 6.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Whatever size each individual woman feels comfortable at. We can`t generalize which is the perfect size because everyone is attracted to something different, whether it be a man to a woman or a woman to herself. When we as women are happy with ourselves, we feel perfect no matter the size.

^^ This, big time.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    my perfect size would be a 4 US
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    My perfect size is my size right now, 4. However it ranges from store to store; some I'm a 2, some a 6. I don't care much about sizes or put much emphasis on it. Despite popular opinion about smaller sizes, I have my curves and whatever makes me feel comfortable, confident and pretty, I couldn't care what the number said.
  • aunverzagt
    aunverzagt Posts: 10
    Options
    Women's sizes are f**king retarded. You can grab clothes from one company and they will say size "x" and will fit fine, grab one from another company and that same size "x" will be either too large or too small. There is no consistancy at all.

I love you!!! I so agree with you 100%. It is absolutely true & frustrating!
  • Julienetan
    Julienetan Posts: 44
    Options
    back to pre-pregnancy weight is the best.
  • vtpixie
    vtpixie Posts: 39
    Options
    I think for me personally a size 3-5 in juniors (idk what that would be in womens). I'm really short and have a smaller frame and when I was a size 8-10 I was huge and really overweight. I think when I was a size 8 ish i was 155 and I'm only 5'1 but I think 8-10 is fine for people who are a bit taller and with a different build. lol size 6 is NO WHERE near plus size. where I shop plus size starts around size 16 in womens.

I know how you feel..I'm only 5'1" and weigh 135-137lbs right now...my heaviest was 142lbs. I'm back in size 10 and hate it...that's why I'm here to gain some control and get rid of that weigh. I believe that between 110-115lb would be the ideal weight for me...which is probably between size 4-6 woman petite or 3-5 juniors. Even at the weight I am now I am petite....just with more padding around my waist and butt....
  • sandyyy712
    sandyyy712 Posts: 94
    Options
    Well I'm 5'8" and about 120 lbs but my body is just really weird with the way it is composed I guess. Because I do so many workouts and still find it hard to keep my bf% down so to look good to myself I keep my weight down instead. I wouldn't say my size is perfect, but for me it's okay right now
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and aspiring to be a size 8. Not sure if I could get down to a size 6--but it'd make my millennium :D

So perfect for me 6-8.

I'm a 12 at 175 lbs and I was a solid 10 at 150 lbs...so I'd have to lose A LOT.
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I felt great and active at size 14, though I think I could stand to go down one or two sizes from that, depending on how this goes. I'm thinking like, size 12 for my end goal, 10 at a minimum. but I'm curvy and have always had a decent amount of muscle in my legs/etc and I like that, I don't think I would look right at a size 6/8.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Seems like 6 and 10 are the trend. With 8, 2, and 4 sprinkled in.lol Anything under 14 (and out of the plus size section) seems to be whats hot.lol
  • tcdc86
    tcdc86 Posts: 14
    Options
    Size 6 is definately not a plus size...

I dont think there is a perfect size..It really depends on your body! Also different brands sizes are different. For example, Candies size 6 may be the same as a Sonoma size 8...and Victoria's Secret runs larger as well. I bought a size 8 skirt and it was almost as large as my size 12's!

I was a size 14 at 190 pounds, I am 5' 7" tall. I have lost 39 pounds at this point. I am now 151 pounds and wear size 6-8 depending on the brand of clothing. I don't think I am perfect but I am definately not overweight at this point. My goal is 140 but still would not care if I was wearing a size 6 at that weight, I just want to tone up a little bit at the waist, arms and thighs.

So again, It depends on your body and how you feel.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    6 is NOT a plus size. So ridiculous. Like others have said, anywhere where you are within healthy BMI and body fat is the perfect size. The size itself doesn't matter.

BTW, I personally am now a size 6 and I have absolutely no desire to go any sizes smaller. For my frame (5'6" and very small boned), it's just right for me.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    For my size and body shape I think a size 2-4 looks great. However, one of my friend's is the same height as me and if she ever went below a size 6 she would look skeletal. I also had a very tall (6"2") female friend that looked fantastic in a size 2 because she has that Uma Thurman build.

I've only met two or three people who I considered good looking at a size zero or double zero. One is a thai lady who is about 5' even and the other is my very short friend who had me hemming her petite pants.