How long were you with your SO before you got engaged?

Options

Replies

• steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    10 months, but we knew each other from HS, and we were engaged for 2.5 years before our wedding
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    8 months, but we were engaged for 20 months before we got married
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    When the time is right, go for it. Don't worry about what others are doing. Just make sure you know in your heart that it is right.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I was with mine for 3 weeks when he asked me to marry him,and 9 months when we got married lol
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    We met July 6 1993, moved in together August 5 1993 and were married August 25 1993. Approaching 19th anniversary.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    husband and i were engaged.... wait.. thats not right.. thats not right at all!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    6 years. Married at 28.5 and 31 respectively. He wanted to finish his PhD first and I wasn't in any hurry. :D
  • mikevizer
    mikevizer Posts: 4
    Options
    6 Months, but we were both in our 30's and were both mentally and financially ready for the decision. We are going on 9 years now and our marriage is still great, even with the four girls that sometimes complicate our lives a bit. But we do have a strong spiritual background to hold us all together.
  • smuckyrun
    smuckyrun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We were together 2 1/2 years. No engagement just went to JP and were married.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    6 months ,roughly. He was 20, I was 19.

We'll be celebrating 13 years next month. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    We got engaged 9 months after we started dating, we were already living together by that point. We got married 9 months later. We've been together 22 years and married 20. Though we've had our ups and downs, we are best friends and are very much in love after all this time.

I think it really depends on what you both want out of the relationship. We both knew we wanted to be married, but not everyone is like us. I was 25 and he was 31 when we got married.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    3 years , I held out kicking and screaming lol
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    We were together for 3 years and 5 months before getting engaged, engaged for a year, and have been married for 11 years and 4 months. :-)
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I met the love of my life in 2002 - he moved in WITH me just after 3 months and we have been together 10 years in August.
    We got engaged after 4 yours, and then got married during our 8th year anniversary. And this summer we celebrate our 10 year anniversary, being married 2 of those years.

But don't worry what is "right or wrong", just do what you feel is good for your life :) and good luck!
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We dated for 6 months and got engaged. We got married 9 months after that and we've been married for almost 11 year :)
    I was 23 and he was 24.
  • Mustlovepugs11
    Options
    We were together 8 months when he proposed and then we got married 11 months after the engagement.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    Just a couple months, but we knew each other for years & dated before we got together again. Now we've been together for over 6 years. We're still not married but we're happy & planning our wedding slowly, there's no need to rush things when there already great.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    2.5 years, he proposed 1 month before my 30th birthday and we were married 9 mos later.
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 17 he was 21 we started dating in Nov. got engaged MLK weekend in Jan. and we married the day after I turned 18 in march. So enaged for a little over under two months before we got married. He is a Marine and I have met a lot of other military spouses who have only dated a few months before they got married. We have been happily married for 6 years now! (-: The funny thing is that EVERYONE thought I was pregnant when we got married!! No one could understand why else we would get married so fast. We didn't get pregnant with our first child until almost two years later.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    8 months :) And still in love since day one... :love:

Then married 8 months later...