How long were you with your SO before you got engaged?

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I can't say anything about myself, because I'm still single, but my parents were engaged after only knowing each other for 1 month. They've been married for nearly 30 years.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    He proposed 2 weeks before our 2yr anniversary, we lived together for a year before too. Getting married in a year and a half! :love: Its different for everyone though, A friend of mine got engaged after being with her bf 10 months and they are getting married this November.
  • theMIDDLE
    theMIDDLE Posts: 64
    Options
    together for a year. then engaged for 4. married 2 years so far.
  • THINtense
    THINtense Posts: 42
    Options
    My boyfriend and I were together for roughly a year before he proposed. I'm 22 and he's 25. Man of my dreams! Before that though, I was with someone else for six years...and I never even thought of getting engaged to him.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was also with my husband for a year and a half before we got engaged and then out wedding was another year and a half later. I was also married by 23, so if I were you I would want the next step too!!!
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Almost 7 years
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Engaged 7 months after we started dating. I was 18. We married when I was 20 and he was 23. We built a home together and closed on it when I was still 20. We'll be married 14 years this fall and it's been 110% wonderful!
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    4 1/2 years and we got married on our 5 year anniversary.
  • letsgetskinny88
    Options
    4 years :) got engaged at age 23 (me) and 24 (him)
    haha btw I asked him .... he said yes and got me a ring. LoL :P :P :P
    I think some guys are just clueless about these things. They are not sure what is the right age and what is on our minds. I think girls should be more proactive.
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    5 months.
    We started satin right after high school. I was 18 when we got engaged. I had just turned 19 when we got married. :)
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Met my husband in a bar - we were both drunk. He had just been dumped by his fiance only 5 days earlier. We've been together ever since.

We moved in together after 3 months of dating, got engaged around 6 months, married shortly after our 2 year dating mark. We're going to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in October.

His whole family warned him I was just a rebound. HAHAH. Guess we showed them!

^^and since this post makes us look like white trash, we're really not. Honestly!
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    6 month :wink:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    We were together a little over a year, and we got married after about 2 years of being together. We are gonna be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary in Aug. We got married at 23 :)
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were together for 16 months before we got engaged, we were engaged for 1 year and just got married this past April.
  • kramereh
    kramereh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I was with my ex for 9 1/2 years and then we broke up. We started dating when I was 16 and I wanted to get married and all that jazz or I thought I did. I think it was more everyone else around us was getting married and engaged.... We lived in an apartment for a year and then bought a house which we were in together for 2 years. I ended up breaking up with him b/c I realized neither one of us were happy and we just became comfortable... Things will happen in your own time when it's right... i just thank my lucky stars he never proposed or else we'd be stuck or divorced. Now I'm in an amazing relationship for little over a year and we are talking about getting married in Sept 2013.. things will come just be patient :)
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    We were together for 7 months before we got engaged. We are getting married in 44 days after roughly a 2.5 year engagement. I will be 23. He will be 31.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    3 months.. married the next month.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    We skipped engagement ... I met my Aussie OH in Cyprus on a walking tour, she invited me wine-tasting in France and Greece, one thing led to another and I got a phone call from a never before visited land saying 'we are pregnant' ... I was going to emigrate from the UK to be with her anyway but having an ultrasound is pretty good proof for the immigration people.

8 years later we are still happily living in Oz with a thriving kid :)
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Me and M dated and lived together for about 8 years before we got engaged. We wern't even originally going to get married at all but one day we were discussing who we would invite to the wedding IF we were to ever marry and where etc etc. Before we knew it it was all booked up for 9 months time!!! :love:

We have now been married for 6 years and he is my best friend as well as my husband (puke!) hehe

Now to think about kids....... :noway:
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    We got engaged last July, after dating about 11 months. He was 28 and I was 23.
    We are getting married this August on our two year anniversary :)

It sounds like he knows what you want, so let it go for now, and don't expect it, and it might happen sooner than you think :)