Gym pet peeves

Options

Replies

• PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I really hate when women keep staring at my Junk while im lifting!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    People that don't follow the order in the circuit training room and ruin everyone elses work out.

there is an order?
  • Kayla4U
    Kayla4U Posts: 73
    Options
    I hate seeing men with gallon jugs

I hate seeing men wear those ugly A** pants

I hate having to wait for a machine cause somone is either staring at the tv or to busy using their smart phone.

I hate it when people dont pick up after themselves
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1 main one

-Sitting on a bench or piece of equipment. If you're not lifting at the present time get the f*** up and let me knock out my set while you rest. I'm not going to steal it and take it home with me.

Lol, so true!
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

- People who walk across my mat for a shortcut to the weights.
    - People who gather all the equipment they need for their training programme and don't leave anything for anybody else (happened tonight).
    - People who decide that me staring off to the distance as I'm exercising is me actually looking at them and then moving into my line of sight just to make sure.
    - People who don't break a sweat. By the time I'm done, my face is red and I feel a mite warm.
    - The show offs. A bloke at my gym always does hand stand push ups in the middle of the floor.

And not peeves, just something which amuses me - I've seen people copying my exercises and not doing them quite right or doing as many reps. And just people in general who really don't know what they're doing like the ones who look like they're headbanging when doing the lat pull down.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I can deal with a lot... but the one thing that makes me SOOOO MAD is people leaving the equipment all STRUNG out, ALL OVER, and not picking it up when their done! There's nothing worse then not having the box I need, or the kettle bell, or the correct weights. :explode:
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    1 main one

-Sitting on a bench or piece of equipment. If you're not lifting at the present time get the f*** up and let me knock out my set while you rest. I'm not going to steal it and take it home with me.

Guilty as charged! But only because the blokes at my gym always seem surprised to see a female on a weights machine so I like to make them wait.
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I hate seeing men with gallon jugs

Why do they do that?!!!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    And not peeves, just something which amuses me - I've seen people copying my exercises and not doing them quite right or doing as many reps. And just people in general who really don't know what they're doing like the ones who look like they're headbanging when doing the lat pull down.

This... And THIS! lol!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The guys giving me dirty looks because I dare go into the weight room:grumble:
  • mnowens
    mnowens Posts: 71
    Options
    and lastly, i dont know why but it bothers me when obese people are doing weights instead of cardio.
    I think they should be doing cardio to loose more pounds and then switch to weight-lifting.
    I know, I know, atleast theyre making the effort to go to the gym but i think if your obese cardio would benefit you much more!

Wow, way to make me self-conscious. I do cardio AND strength training. How do you know they don't do both? Do you follow them around on a daily basis? I run for my cardio... outside in my own neighborhood, not at the gym. But I do take a Zumba class there. I weight train because muscle helps burn fat. And once I lose more body fat the weight training will keep me from being as saggy as I would be without it. I work my @ss of at home, so don't judge me at the gym.
  • treetpflyer
    Options
    and lastly, i dont know why but it bothers me when obese people are doing weights instead of cardio.
    I think they should be doing cardio to loose more pounds and then switch to weight-lifting.
    I know, I know, atleast theyre making the effort to go to the gym but i think if your obese cardio would benefit you much more!

Wow, way to make me self-conscious. I do cardio AND strength training. How do you know they don't do both? Do you follow them around on a daily basis? I run for my cardio... outside in my own neighborhood, not at the gym. But I do take a Zumba class there. I weight train because muscle helps burn fat. And once I lose more body fat the weight training will keep me from being as saggy as I would be without it. I work my @ss of at home, so don't judge me at the gym.

Keep up the weight training mnowens! Don't let anyone distract you!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    When people are in the gym but do the bare minimum and never break a sweat. Why are you there? Especially when they are naturally thin.

people who say "your naturally thin, why are you even here." then again, i like to respond with "i had to work my butt off to get where i am now."

Didn't say you're naturally thin, why are you here, said you're not doing anything, why are you here. And these people obviously aren't working their butts off if they're lifting two pound weights and never sweating.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    1. Not removing weights from machines and barbells when you are done.
    2. People taking weights off of my machine I am using without asking if they can.
    3. Leaving benches within other equipment.
    4. Loud screamers while excercising
    5. People that think that they can jump between equipment back and forth to do super series or extra work..
  • cassaliz
    cassaliz Posts: 16
    Options
    These are all the reasons why I prefer to work out to DVD's at home. LOL
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to make me self-conscious. I do cardio AND strength training. How do you know they don't do both? Do you follow them around on a daily basis?

I do cardio at 6 in the morning and do my strength training at night after dinner. Depending on what time you're there I'm an all cardio guy or an all weights guy.
  • treetpflyer
    Options
    These are all the reasons why I prefer to work out to DVD's at home. LOL

I think maybe I need to workout to DVD's at home :)
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I generally don't pay enough attention to what goes on around me at the gym to have any sort of pet peeves. I really don't get wearing makeup to the gym, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. What I don't get is applying makeup WHILE working out. I saw a young woman at the gym yesterday on the stair machine (apparently on the slowest setting) APPLYING makeup as she was exercising (if you could call it that). I couldn't help but see what she would do next. I wasn't disappointed because she then proceeded to take down her already perfect ponytail, take a brush out of her pocket and redo the damned thing! WTH was that all about?!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I just left the gym and several items jumped out at me. I would like to here your gym pet peeves and let's see if we are encroaching on others but don't even realize it.

Here are mine:

1. Not removing weights from machines and barbells when you are done.
    2. Men who walk around or just sit bare naked in the locker room for all others to see.
    3. People who stand around the equipment and socialize.
    4. People who walk slowly from one station to another. Get a move on!
    5. Placing your towel on a piece of equipment you are not even using.
    6. Loud talkers!

Geez I have alot!

I hate those very much (in bold)
    I generally don't pay enough attention to what goes on around me at the gym to have any sort of pet peeves. I really don't get wearing makeup to the gym, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. What I don't get is applying makeup WHILE working out. I saw a young woman at the gym yesterday on the stair machine (apparently on the slowest setting) APPLYING makeup as she was exercising (if you could call it that). I couldn't help but see what she would do next. I wasn't disappointed because she then proceeded to take down her already perfect ponytail, take a brush out of her pocket and redo the damned thing! WTH was that all about?!

LOL at the make-up girl :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: