Why do some people on here say that cheese is unhealthy???

Options

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    People who have never had good cheese are just deprived! Cheese is a great food that is dense in calories but has a lot of healthy stuff going for it. I am so glad I am not lactose intolerant!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Now I want some cheese. Maybe with an apple...mmmmmm
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation. I love cheese. I just eat less of it these days.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Cheese has fat in it...you can't lose weight if you eat food with fat in it!!!

BTW not my personal opinion lol
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Too much cheese can make one constipated. :blushing:
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I just bought a nice big block of sharp cheddar. I am a cheese-lover!!!! Don't mess with my cheese! ;P lol!

I'm also a big milk drinker. :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Because its a dairy product and although its good calcium for your bones dairy slows down your metabolism & the salt in it is not really good for you salt helps store unneeded watter that can cause you to have some extra weight on your body! Allllsooo if you eat enough it can constipate you lol :-)

omg! ''dairy slows down your metabolism'' Pouahahahahahaha!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm 5'6, 116 lbs and eat a TON of cheese almost everyday! My metabolism is just fine! I maintain at 1600 cals and with exercise, I eat over 2000 cals.
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Cheese is really bad for you, so why don't you give me your share... :bigsmile:

Seriously, moderation is the key.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The reason people think cheese is unhealthy is because it has a lot saturated fat and is high calorie. We were previously told that saturated fat was very bad for you. However, that's not true, and the lipid hypothesis has since been debunked over and over. Still, old myths are hard to kill.
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    OP: To answer your question, I think people against cheese are either lactose intolerant or vegan.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Because they're whack.

Wiggety wiggety wiggety whack.

ROFLMAO!!!! OMG! This made me laugh so hard!!! Love it!!
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    The reason people think cheese is unhealthy is because it has a lot saturated fat and is high calorie. We were previously told that saturated fat was very bad for you. However, that's not true, and the lipid hypothesis has since been debunked over and over. Still, old myths are hard to kill.

agree! I forgot to say that my cholesterol is just fine as well! Cheese is the best!!!!! :)
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i love cheee my fave is cheshire cheese real crumbley one app u can have a match box size a day for calcuim also its addictive has somthing in it to make u want more i dont like feta cheese to salty for me and the smelly horrible ones i dont like edam , red lecister and mozzeralla type are tastless to me , goats cheese is yummy as well . anything processed is bad for u so they say but in moderation is ok by me ..:bigsmile:
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Because it's full of fat and salt and dissolves all my self control when facing it down?

Low sodium Heluva Good Cheddar Cheese is YUM!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have cut way down on mature cheddar because it is so high in saturated fat which is bad for cholesterol, and I have a family history of heart disease. But I've been eating mini babybell lights everyday to up my protein and give me a cheese fix! They still aren't great for saturated fats but are better than all the other cheeses I love like Brie and Camembert!
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    More cheese please!!!!! I think cheese is a gift from heaven, all yellow and gooey and yummy in my tummy!! I don't think I could live without it!!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If you read threads around here for long you'll come across at least a few people who believe any food you could name is evil and unhealthy for some reason. Seriously, everything. I had a co-worker who was on a diet for a while where vegetables were discouraged....

Personally I find that dairy, cheese included, really helps in my weight-loss goals. It's tasty and helps me feel full and satisfied.

So, don't worry. It's not you; it's them. :flowerforyou:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I agree with an above poster that we all must be careful not to believe everything we read about nutrition from the boards. There is considerable misinformation out there. Certainly, moderate portions of fresh, minimally processed cheese can have a role in a healthy diet. String cheese is one of my frequent snacks and a meal I frequently look forward to is Caprese salad: fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, plenty of fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, a splash of olive oil, fresh ground pepper and a little sea salt. Just send me to the French Riviera right now where it's on every menu and lots of skinny French and Italian women are eating it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The saturated fat in dairy has been linked to increased risk of disease.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation. I love cheese. I just eat less of it these days.

Moderation for all things, not just cheese. I love it too!!!!