Why do you work out?

Options
I see a lot of people talking about how they've lost weight by just cutting calories and not working out. I love to work out, and for me, it feels like a part of a healthier lifestyle. My question is "Why do you work out?" or "Why don't you?"

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I work out so I can eat more.

Yeah, yeah... plus the health benefits, relieves stress, tones, builds muscle, etc. But if I'm being honest, it's so I can eat more. Plain and simple. :tongue:
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Haha I'm right there with you. I like to have the cushion in case I have a bad day at some point.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I love to run.

So I run. And other workouts I do make me run faster. So I do them.

And I eat so I can do the workouts that make me run faster... and then I run.

I run, therefore I run.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Yeah, yeah... plus the health benefits, relieves stress, tones, builds muscle, etc. But if I'm being honest, it's so I can eat more. Plain and simple. :tongue:

^^This! I love it when I'm done, but I hate getting started. I'm starting to love running, so that helps. But my ultimate motivation is so that I can eat more!
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Because working out makes me see I am physically trying to change something about myself. I've tried just cutting calories and I eventually got too lazy to care.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    . . . I'm addicted to it now . . .

It's all my trainer's fault!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Because I know it's good for me.

I hate doing it, though. Grrr.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options

I completely agree. I wanna eat more. The other things, too, and I wanna tone and tighten my skin for the weight I'm losing. But mostly it's so I can have some beers.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I really want abs..
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Because I know it's good for me.

I hate doing it, though. Grrr.

How do you make yourself do it then? Sheer force of will?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    We're supposed to work out?!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My question is "Why do you work out?" or "Why don't you?"

I do because it burns calories and makes me feel better afterward.....helps with depression immensely!
  • damorzacon
    damorzacon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    To get healthy obviously but I ran across this quote some time ago and it really got me motivated.

“Every man should be able to save his own life and protect his children and spouse.” -Steve Kamb

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/02/22/8-reasons-you-need-to-rediscover-your-passion-for-exercise/
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I work out because I love being fit, getting outside, and moving. Yeah.... I'm a nerd.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I do cause it helps with stress and unused energy which actually isn't good for me sometimes because it turns me into a grouch
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I like beer and ice cream.

Seriously, like, no other reason. lol
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I workout because it feels good. I feel good afterwards. I love toning up and building muscle. I love to sweat! :) Gives me more energy too!
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    To change my body. You can lose weight without exercise, but I like the way a person's body looks when they are fit and toned. I also love the way it makes me feel. Beforehand, sometimes I really, really dread it, but afterwards and throughout the day, it makes me feel great. Picks up my mood, and makes me feel better about my body. Even though I still have lots to lose, I feel more comfortable in my skin when I work out regularly.
  • verykristin
    Options
    I work out because I love the satisfied exhaustion I feel afterwards. And I love to feel my my muscles tighter and my body firm up. I sleep better and am in a better state of mind when I work out. I like myself more, plain and simple.
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    <~~~~ This I have done in one month. All I changed was increase my calories and started working out with weights. I have actually gained weight and turned that into muscle. I also like how I feel after a workout. I have since this week added "The Butt Bible" to my circuit program. believe me it looks easy, but it is an azzkicker and you WILL feel it working!