Options
    To eat more and sleep better.
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    to at least say i tried "
  • hardwork797
    Options
    For many reasons...one just recently being one of the kids I coach in soccer brought a Mens Health magazine in and said it is it impossible to look like him (he was a slim cut guy) and I want to prove to these young men nothing in impossible! NOTHING! I consider IMPOSSIBLE a challenge!
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Depression. Walking frees my mind. I don't get the same thing out of other forms of exercise yet but I think its because I am still learning to do the other things.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I work out because of the way it makes me feel. When I work out I have some much more energy than when I don't. Plus I love seeing the results that exercising has brought to my body. Never thought that I would admit this, but I actually enjoy exercising. Because of exercising I am actually able to keep up with my kids when we go hiking. And I don't have to stop every 10 minutes to take a breath.
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It is 90 minutes a day for myself. Nobody to bug me, interrupt me, enrage me, frustrate me! Put on my ipod and lose myself. Otherwise, I would probably kill the teenagers at my house! Haha.

Oh yeah...and to be healthier...and frankly, I can't just diet, my body needs the exercise for it to lose weight.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Every motive behind me working out aside from health aspect is completely superficial. The rest of the world judges you first by superficial appearance and if you're overweight people likely think negative things before they'd every think anything positive. so its time to get judged positively for once and actually feel good about myself and how I look
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I do it because it helps control my diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

Pretty much the same reasons, and to strengthen my heart.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I workout because it gets me in a good mood, and i know the benefits i'll reap from it.
  • devenwarvel
    devenwarvel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like beer and ice cream.

Seriously, like, no other reason. lol

I couldn't have said it better:)
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Working out makes me feel so much better overall. I'm not as tired andexercise seem to reduce my stress level. I love the energy! I want to be about 75lbs lighter and healthier and sexy since I wasn't sex for this summer ima rock it this winter....stay tune peeps!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Honestly, because I'm told it's good for me and I need to to lose weight. :(
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Because I was incredibly self conscious about being 6'4 and a very skinny 165 lbs. I wanted to be proud to stick out in a crowd, not ashamed.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I workout for many reasons, but the biggest 2 are so I can live an active lifestyle, and because of the health benefits I've seen. Health benefits include:

* Lower blood pressure
    * Reduced triglycerides
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    For many reasons...one just recently being one of the kids I coach in soccer brought a Mens Health magazine in and said it is it impossible to look like him (he was a slim cut guy) and I want to prove to these young men nothing in impossible! NOTHING! I consider IMPOSSIBLE a challenge!

Good for you!. Just remember that every picture in that magazine has some level of photo retouching.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I hate working out with a passion. I'm not a fan of sweating. I'm not a girly girl either, I just don't like it. I work out because I feel great afterwards, I want to feel better about myself in the long run, I want to make it part of my lifestyle. I want to love it one day, and I want to change.
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I h. a. t. e. working out.

I like walking, though. Walking, I can do, even for 4 miles. After awhile, that can turn into a jog. Also, I tell myself "I was on cross-country before, where is my old goal of a 5k in 25 minutes!?"

DVDs seem boring; same room all the time. But when I find something that I can DO (At my school it's like all we own and know is Insanity, so I would burn out after just the fit test) I get SUPER excited to sweat. Today was my second day sticking back to DVD workouts. I really put it off til late at night, but all you have to do is click once and don't LET yourself press pause or close. Drink some water, maybe talk or lounge for a BIT but remind yourself of the consequences of giving up (again).

tl;dr because after awhile you just know you have to, need to, and then WANT to.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    GREG SMASH!!!!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I need to pass my Air Force BMT graduation test.

Also, I look more toned and shapely. Moar pretty naked. My clothes don't squish me because I have muscles under my skin.
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I work out so I can eat more.

Yeah, yeah... plus the health benefits, relieves stress, tones, builds muscle, etc. But if I'm being honest, it's so I can eat more. Plain and simple. :tongue:

Pretty much this!