Why do you work out?

Options

Replies

• sfoster3171982
    sfoster3171982 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I work out because not only does it give me something to do during the day but i feel lighter,stronger and hotter when I see my six pack coming in
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I work out to be healthy and set a good example for my children. I don't want them to be lazy (and unhealthy) like I was for so long.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Because it makes me incredibly happy.

...no, seriously.
  • 912systems
    912systems Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Despise it but I am sorta liking it.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Initially, to look good naked and prove to myself and others I could do it. Lately, it's to keep from choking the crap out of some of the "grown ups" in my life.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like how my mind relaxes afterward and how well I sleep that night. Exercise is the biggest stress buster there is.
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Because it makes me healthier and stronger.
  • Smilez22
    Smilez22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For the physical reason, I want my body to look the best it possibly can, not just losing the weight, but on a more personal mental level, i love how I feel after I've worked out and when I don't honestly its like a dark cloud over my head! lol I just don't feel right anymore if I go long without exercising, it's become a part of my life now.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I want abs of steel.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Because strong women are sexy.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Because I love it, and to help get rid of all this fat so I can see my 6-pack! I love being able to do more, and do it longer!
  • Maureeeen
    Maureeeen Posts: 9
    Options
    Simple. It makes me feel good. :happy:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Working out makes me feel good! And it helps to get all this fat off my body.
  • cherylldawn
    Options
    I work out because I like to eat a bit more than the calories my body needs :) As much as I hate it, I get up early and get it done before going to work or else it won't get done during the day. However, I have read from good sources that it is cutting calories that really makes you lose weight and not so much the exercise. I tend to agree with that because when I just work out and not diet, the pounds don't dip at all. Now I'm so used to it, I feel strange when I don't work out.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It is a great stress reliever and helps me sleep at night. Loving the shape my arms are getting from the push ups and my thighs from the lunges and squats.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    So I can eat more AND lose weight!
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I work out to eat more lol I have only been on here for 2 days though :P
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Not in any particular order . . .

to set a good example for my daughter (this is actually #1)
    so I can eat more (I like food, thats how I got fat)
    to look good naked (duh, right?)
    I want awesome girl muscles (muscles are hot)
    I get rid of all the garbage from my day when I am running (the garbage in my head)
    cowgirl (it's hotter if you look good while doing it)
  • nicolefrances1977
    nicolefrances1977 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I work out 1st to reduce stress. 2nd it helps with weight loss 3rd it is getting my body and shape. Lastly, I now just love to work out!:smile: