Why do you work out?

Options

Replies

• thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Exercise is just another opportunity in life. An opportunity to see how far you can push yourself, to see how great you can be, and a shot for you to put your heart and soul into something. Its that positive attitude that that carries over into all aspects of your life for the better.In the end will you say " i lived and existed which was ok i guess" or " I gave it my all in anything worthwhile I did, and accomplished things I didnt think I was capable of"

Love this ^^^
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    stress relief, cheap therapy.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Because it feels amazing, gives me tons more energy, and makes me feel strong and sexy. I also love the way it has reshaped my body. But yes, when I first started, I didn't workout much. I lost the first 26lbs mostly by watching calories, then I got more motivated to workout.
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't work out - yet. Mainly because I'm lazy :wink: So now I've hooked up with a friend, and hopefully we can motivate eachother.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I work out so I can eat more.

Yeah, yeah... plus the health benefits, relieves stress, tones, builds muscle, etc. But if I'm being honest, it's so I can eat more. Plain and simple. :tongue:

This :D
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I train to....
    1. boost sports performance
    2. increase calories per day I can eat
    3. advance muscle growth
    4. build strength
    315658_280950218612456_987092827_n.jpg
  • chixdrag2
    chixdrag2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stress relief!!! Oh and also to look good - lol - you can lose plenty of weight just watching your diet, but I don't want to just look skinny - I want to look strong!!! I lift things up and put them down, and feel badass doing it! ;)
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Many reasons; love the feeling when I have completed a good workout, love being outdoors, to get back into shape and feel healthy, and my not good reason - to be able to enjoy drinks with friends and not feel as guilty :)
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning so when I get to work I don't hurt people that get on my very.last.freaking.nerve.

It saves my sanity and a jail sentence. Oh yeah, for health too.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    If you don't work out, you're hardly going to gain muscle. I like working out because feeling the burn and sweating feels like such an accomplishment. Plus weights will help me build muscle. I don't want to just lose weight, but gain muscle so I can be nice and strong. Right now I have to ask for help, getting them to pick up things that are heavy. I'd rather do it myself.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Because I am not trying to lose weight I am trying to be healthy.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Because strong women are sexy.

This^^ and healthier! It feels so darn good!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Because you can always progress with your workouts and have a feeling of accomplishment. Whether the tape measure or the scale moves or not.

I like feeling faster, stronger and more flexible. And seeing muscle definition and tautness where it wasn't before.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I just know that time is marching on and I at least want to put up a good fight.
  • hlcgreene
    hlcgreene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    so whilst losing weight I tone up too
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Because I like to push myself and see how far I can go! I want to be fit. NOT just skinny. I have along way to go and diet alone is not going to get me there! Its honestly a stress reliever for me also!~ I get in the zone and forget about everything arounod me for that 30-60 min...
  • samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I workout for wine :):drinker:
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    to eat more. to sleep better. to feel like i did something.

and to brag and say "yeah, i worked out for an hour, sweated my butt off, then ran outside in texas' 115 degree heat. what did you do tonight?"
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    totally transforms my skin! i have a natural mineral deficiency in my skin that is fixed when i sweat. so i HAVE to break a sweat everyday...or else... lol