Why do you work out?

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Because I know it's good for me.

I hate doing it, though. Grrr.

How do you make yourself do it then? Sheer force of will?
    Seeing the positive results in my body diminish after I stopped doing it because I hated it so much gave me the motivation to start again and keep it up. When I actually saw my body change for the worse, I knew I had to kick my butt back in gear, because even just simply eating right at that point wasn't enough.

I now exercise four times a week. I'd love to do it every single day, but this way is actually the only way I can see myself doing it for the long term.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    because i love feeling strong and able. i love being able to breathe and lift and move freely. i love to sweat, it lets me know im working hard. i like to see my muscles moving under my skin, my legs and butt have never looked so good! i lost the majority of my weight without dieting at all. i never changed my eating habits or even tried up untill about 3 months ago, i was on a total pot heads potato chip and chocolate diet. i still slip up and i do binge, if i didnt workout i would have NEVER changed. i cannot get to where i want to be with diet alone. i dont have the discipline, but dammit, im trying!!!
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    to eat more. to sleep better. to feel like i did something.

and to brag and say "yeah, i worked out for an hour, sweated my butt off, then ran outside in texas' 115 degree heat. what did you do tonight?"

hahaha omg SO true
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Because there are things in my life that I enjoy doing and need to be physically able to do them. No more sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else have all the fun!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    1) To be all "IN YOUR FACE!" to my co-workers who don't work out (haha jk...mostly).
    2) To speed up my weight loss (I'm a do-er, just cutting calories makes me nuts).
    3) Because if I'm in the gym, then I'm not on my couch eating cheetos. Just saying.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    To get stronger, look better, and also so I don't look like one of those bent over osteoporosis old ladies one day!
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I feel stronger, and feel better about myself because of it.
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For all of the "obvious" reasons...to stay healthy, to get toned/fit, relieve stress, etc.

PLUS...I am much nicer person after I work out!!! :smile:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel better, it also makes me less of a b*tch. I also like being strong, and I love pole dancing. Oh, and it helps me sleep.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    it gives me energy, when i skip a day i can tell, i feel sluggish. plus it makes me feel and look better than just loosing weight, i feel like i breath easier when going up stairs or just walking, and the biggest reason, it works off tension and stress!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i lost my first 30 by eating good and doing minor workouts like walking etc. im working out (using a beach body program BBL) to tone and stuff. dont wanna be 'skinny fat'. i have to force myself to do the workouts because they are really long and hard and make me tired. i would enjoy working out if it didnt cost money for the gym, and if i had more time. unfortunatly i work somewhere that is physically demanding and weird hours. (10-330 here, 330 to midnight there) its unpredictable and leaves me on a messed up schedual.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    So I can outrun the zombies. Cardio, cardio, cardio.
    :happy:
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Because when I don't I feel like a disgusting tub of lard. Endorphins are a beautiful thing.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    to eat more. to sleep better. to feel like i did something.

and to brag and say "yeah, i worked out for an hour, sweated my butt off, then ran outside in texas' 115 degree heat. what did you do tonight?"

This! Nothing like Texas heat to add to a workout!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Saw this recently:

"I work out so I wont be the first to die in the Hunger Games"....score!

This. One day I was watching Bear Grylls and I was like, man I need to start working out just in case I get lost in a canyon or something.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    to look good and to play sports.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    love the feeling after i've done a good workout, that nice ache, a feeling of accomplishment...although i like to exercise too much and burn more than i can eat back alot of the time! :(
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Hello For this 19971074_8082.jpg
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I do it because it helps control my diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.