Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    me me me!!! i've been sober 5 years and 3 months. life couldn't be better. :)
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hats off to you guys !! I for one cant wait for Saturday night to get absolutley spangled :)
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    non a drinker here, had a couple sips of beer in high schooll that's about it
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

You're awesome.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

You're awesome.

Tyler, you're drunk right now.
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    never been drunk, haven't had a drink in 20+ years
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot when I was in my early 20's but we were always out at the bars and clubs. I have noticed once I hit 25 my drinking diminished and I couldn't really get drunk anymore lol

So since I can't really get drunk, I find no point in drinking the excess cals, so I only have one or two when I do drink. And I usually have a couple on bowling nights (I really suck when completely sober for some reason lol) and maybe another day a week, not always but sometimes.

i do have alcohol issues in my family with a few members, but I haven't had any issues with it, so I don't think it is bad to have every once in a while.

I worry for the people who lives get altered by it, when that becomes a priority over everything else. Then I think it is too far, but I see nothing wrong with the occasional drink here and there.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I pretty much hate beer, wine, champagne, and most liquors. I can drink a few foo-foo drinks here and there, but I'm a puker, so I don't indulge very often at all. Plus it makes you FAT...no Kelly Beer Belly here :)
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me!!!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Alcoholism runs in my family so I vowed to never start.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Never drank before, never plan on it!
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't drink alcohol. Never have, never will. :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Me, but it's not really a choice. My stomach lacks an enzyme that metabolizes alcohol, so instead of getting a buzz, I get poisoned! I turn red, can hardly move a muscle, stomach gets upset and I feel like I'm dying, all within minutes of drinking.

I miss drinking, tasting wines from a winery a friend of ours owns, and my yummy, summer, fruity drinks but it's not worth it. If there was a pill that would cause people to not have this enzyme, there would be no alcoholics. lol
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had a few sips of champagne at my wedding, but I just don't understand the appeal of booze.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Tried it a few times ( peer pressure from the people i went out with) but i never liked it and haven't tried it in a long time.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    On average, I have about one or two drinks a month. It's not my thing. I prefer water.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    ME! My last drink was five years ago. I drank an entire bottle of vodka. Had a roaring hangover the next day and never drank again. :P

I didnt quit because of hangover... I quit cause I don't need it... I love a good party and can go without drinking...
  • scorchy808
    Options
    Haven't had a drink since March 1989...
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    To those of you who choose not to drink, I respect your decision. To those of you who are alcoholics and have given it up -BRAVO! to you for changing your life positively.

I personally choose to drink. I make my own beers and wines and enjoy them. It hasn't caused negative issues in my life and I will continue to do so.

To those who have expressed intolerance - either way - sorry for you.
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I drink maybe twice a year. I really don't like it.