Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I don't drink at all...I don't even take it in medicine if I can help it.

I will occasionally cook with wine but the times are few and far between.
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    I dont, I used to drink very little every now and then, but dont at all anymore. Dont miss it one bit.
  • deads99
    deads99 Posts: 77
    Options
    Why the fvck would I wanna do that?

classy broad here
  • deads99
    deads99 Posts: 77
    Options
    I give a ton of credit to people who do not drink and enjoy life. I have weened off very much...I drink maybe 2-3 beers a week.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I seriously have had only two drinks since ive turned 21. In march.

Yeah. Lets get water wastedddd!
  • mustangmama3
    mustangmama3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been alcohol free for just over a year now - will be 13 months on Tuesday.
    I used to drink quite a bit during university and college and finally decided to make a change. I really have no desire to ever touch alcohol again and I enjoy not having my perception altered. I don't mind my friends drinking, but I do find when they get into the booze really heavily, I end up taking off.

Best feeling is getting a good night's sleep and waking up without a hangover! I'd rather go for a run on Saturday morning than lay around in bed all day feeling awful.
    Good fo you!
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I don't drink.
    I've never been drunk.
    Strange but true.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have an occasional drink purely because I like the taste of some alcohol, but I've never been drunk. Don't ever want to be drunk. Can't stand being around people who are drunk.
  • byrdman041708
    Options
    I don't. I'm a friend of Bill W. Haven't had a drink since April 16, 2008.
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Haven't drank since June 1989. No need too and no I don't miss it.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of wine a couple times a week with dinner. But that it. I drank more in college sometimes, but I've grown past that. I don't like getting drunk AT ALL. I just like the taste of wine, really.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, even 1/2 a glass of wine has always made me feel really ill, so am totally teetotal and have always been, At uni I was always the one who made sure that they got everyone else home
  • blanhe2
    Options
    I've never been a big drinker, mostly because I don't like the taste unless it tastes sweet. And nowadays, I'd rather spend my calories on other things, besides of that given the amount of medication I take on a daily basis... that is all bad enough not to add alcohol to the equation.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I've been drunk, I enjoyed being drunk... I stopped enjoying it and I quit nearly a year ago... I don't say 'I don't drink' because I would have alcohol if I wanted to but I rarely want do. I'd have champagne on special occasions for example :)
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I average one beer a day, and 2-3 on the weekends. I only drink good craft beer, none of that light crap that has fillers and fake stuff in it. I stay away from liquor and only drink dry red wine on rare occasions.

I will say this: If I drink a beer a day it is better than someone drinking one Diet coke or regular coke a day.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't drink and never have, it makes me feel very sick. I also tend to think lowly of people who can't have good, old fashioned fun, and need to make a mess of themselves... or people who are rely on it... I try not to show how judgmental I am though. Sure saves me a lot of calories!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I have a handful (5) of alcoholic beverages a year. Mostly birthdays, crimbo, new year. I can take it or leave it.
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Non-drinker here!!! Just not my thing and can't stand the taste of anything I have ever tried!!!!

I love being at the doctor and they ask, "Do you drink?" NO "Do you smoke?" NO "Do you drink coffee?" NO then they look at me and tell me I need to lose weight!!! DUH!!!!! They have to find something to pick on!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I do drink alcohol. I used to drink every weekend. Mainly because my hubby did. However he can't have alcohol around him. He is not someone that just has to have it in the house all the time, but he is someone that once they have one they can't stop and will pound them down until every beer is gone in the house. So if I bought a 12 pack he would have already had 9 by the time I was half way through my third. So I stopped buying beer. Plus it always made me feel dehydrated.

He no longer drinks either because he noticed the same things that I noticed about him and alcohol.

As far as I am concerned beer is just not something I want to waste my calories on. The last few times I bought beer I literally only drank half and then hours later finally poured the rest out.
  • DaisyMomOf4
    Options
    I havnt drank since July 2011.. I just hav no interest in it anymore..