Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• CookieAnne81
    Options
    I dont drink anymore. Loved to drink.....and now I am 30 years old and battling cirrhosis. I have been sober from drugs and alcohol for 4 years and 30 weeks as of today. Plus it cuts out ALOT of calories :)
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    i only drink on vacation, but my last vacation was to vegas and that turned out bad :laugh: i may be done for good now.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Me! Legally I can't drink for another 23 days, but I don't intend to anyway. I'm too much of a control freak, so I'm not a fan.
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    Me. I don't drink at all. Way too much alcoholism running in my family.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Never had a drink (or tried a drug) in my life. Not religious or prudish or anything, just made a choice when I was 14 and I'm too pig-headed to reconsider. Meanwhile, I get together with my friends every Saturday for poker and they amaze me with the many different foods that can be made with marijuana (and purchased legally, God bless California).

My favorite thing ever: When I show up to a get together with Gatorade or diet root beer (IBC FTW) and somebody holding a jack and coke takes a break from puffing on a volcano to tell me about the health dangers of sugary Gatorade or artificial sweeteners.
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    I only like alcohol that doesn't taste like alcohol. I also like to sound coherent and after 2 drinks that pretty much stops. I hate the calories and the expense for something I can so easily live without. My father was an adamant non-drinker. He felt that alcohol did more harm than good in this world and refused to support the industry. I'm more about moderation.
  • WolfPackFan13
    WolfPackFan13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Me! Been a little over a year ago... best decision I've ever made.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I can count on two hands the number of alcoholic drinks I've had in my lifetime. It just isn't something that appeals to me. I don't care for the taste at all.
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I used to drink EVERY weekend but have been trying to find balance lately. I haven't had a drink since September (woop-dee-doo I know) haha but it's getting easier to pass it up as time goes on. It definitely is easier to lose weight without the crazy weekend drinking/middle of the night eating! This weekend I'm staying in a hotel for a wedding so I'm going to partake and have a little fun :) Everything in moderation!
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Havent had any alcohol since I took up dieting. I think the last drinks I had were on my birthday.

No regrets so far!

Also @Kara, careful where you aim those guns! You could hurt someone!
  • dani_alaine
    Options
    My husband and I both live alcohol free! In fact, (I know I may sound sheltered or like a dork) but I have never had a drink of alcohol in my life (25 years old). I am actually pretty proud of the fact. I do not judge those who do choose to drink, I just know it is not right for me or my family due to personal convictions and also to family predispositions we do not want passed down. I will always be alcohol free!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have never drank. And, I don't ever plan to. I personally know what type of damage alcohol can do (to the drinker AS WELL as the people around them). I've witnessed too much in my 28 years. I don't ever plan to do that to myself.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I took my last drink February of 1997. Drinking was never a problem for me. I would normally drink a wine cooler or something after work. Then I started going to church and gave my life to the Lord. I decided to go all the way and stopped happy hour and casual drinking all together. I have to admit, sometimes after a rough day I wish I could have a beer. Got angry about something at work few days ago and the wife and I went to get some frozen yogurt instead! LOL!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My finace and I both. We have alcoholism in both our families and figured it was easier to stay away.
  • mkim3138
    Options
    Me, but it's not really a choice. My stomach lacks an enzyme that metabolizes alcohol, so instead of getting a buzz, I get poisoned! I turn red, can hardly move a muscle, stomach gets upset and I feel like I'm dying, all within minutes of drinking.

I miss drinking, tasting wines from a winery a friend of ours owns, and my yummy, summer, fruity drinks but it's not worth it. If there was a pill that would cause people to not have this enzyme, there would be no alcoholics. lol

I turn almost purple, from my belly button up. Feel like I'm about to die, one beer and I'm passing out lol
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I drank wine coolers during my senior year in college..and did a little drinking but never more
    than a wine cooler during me after college years. BUT I haven't had a drink of ANYTHING in over
    5 years. Not appealing at all at this point in my life. I see what it does to my MIL..and I for one am
    not going to be her.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Never had a drink (or tried a drug) in my life. Not religious or prudish or anything, just made a choice when I was 14 and I'm too pig-headed to reconsider. Meanwhile, I get together with my friends every Saturday for poker and they amaze me with the many different foods that can be made with marijuana (and purchased legally, God bless California).

My favorite thing ever: When I show up to a get together with Gatorade or diet root beer (IBC FTW) and somebody holding a jack and coke takes a break from puffing on a volcano to tell me about the health dangers of sugary Gatorade or artificial sweeteners.

wow, the irony
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Alcoholism runs in my family so I vowed to never start.

This!! I never touch the stuff! Yuck!!
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Me, I just plain don't like the flavor. Bleh.

The fact that I had a few alcoholics in my family certainly assisted that, too.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've been sober 35 days. I'm still a baby. But I've lost 7 pounds since I quit drinking & I have a lot more money now. I got sick of doing stupid stuff when I drank, got sick of the hang over, it was causing more problems for me then it was solving, I decided enough was enough.