Replies

• beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yes, everytime, and my adult kids too!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I used to say it my ex, when there was more respect and love in the relationship. Have to admit, even during the good times, I rarely heard it said to me. :-(

Sometimes, you don't have to say I love you though, it can be said just in the things you do for each other. The little things.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I tell my wife every time we talk/leave and my girls every time I talk to/leave them. If I am to die (or worse if they do) while we are apart I want the last thing I say to them to be how I feel.

On a side note, I alawys told my wife this and then I nearly died one night (and three times subsequently due to medical problems) so I know all too well how this can happen. Last night was our aniversary and I wrote her a note telling her I loved her and that no matter how long we have left she has given me two beautiful girls and I will always love her. She read it, handed it right back to me and told me to put it in our safe. (We also lost our home in a tornado, which is how I almost died the first time.)
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I tell my wife every time we talk/leave and my girls every time I talk to/leave them. If I am to die (or worse if they do) while we are apart I want the last thing I say to them to be how I feel.

On a side note, I alawys told my wife this and then I nearly died one night (and three times subsequently due to medical problems) so I know all too well how this can happen. Last night was our aniversary and I wrote her a note telling her I loved her and that no matter how long we have left she has given me two beautiful girls and I will always love her. She read it, handed it right back to me and told me to put it in our safe. (We also lost our home in a tornado, which is how I almost died the first time.)

I'm glad I came back to read this. :happy:
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes always, same with my kids and my best friend
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Yes, every time. I should count how many times I say it per day, probably at least 50. Every time I look at him I think it :)

This^. 17 years. I mean it when I say it too. I don't say it when I'm angry. When I'm done though, back to this.

And yes, actions do need to back it up too.

Love the man. He took me kayaking this week because none of my other friends were willing to try it. He's not a strong swimmer and this is a big thing for him to do.
  • ProudArmyWifey8
    Options
    We always do. he loves to say it first gives me butterflies
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm not married...but when I'm with someone, absolutely. If its true for me, I want them to know every minute of every day. If its not for her...I need to know so I can be doing something about it...or preparing for the end of it.

Anything less, for me...isn't acceptable.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, every single time, except when he's home and I'm out. As soon as the dogs here I love you, they figures he's talking to me and I must be around somewhere and they get really cranky when they can't find me! :-)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yes, we did every time even though only one of us meant it...and it wasn't him.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm not married...but when I'm with someone, absolutely. If its true for me, I want them to know every minute of every day. If its not for her...I need to know so I can be doing something about it...or preparing for the end of it.

Awwww. I love you, my new friend. Your comments always make my heart do weird *kitten* like get feelings or hope or something. I don't know
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Last word of every phone call = :heart: Loveyoubye :heart:
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • AnnaBeach7
    AnnaBeach7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes. Always.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Yes I do :) and he is actually shocked that i say it back and say it first because his exes would never say it. Whether its email, phone call, text, etc, we even say it to each other when we go to bed at night (and have for the past almost four years). I never know when it might be the last time, and I don't want for either one of us to have died and not say it.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

EXACTLY this... *of course except for the obvious*

Not only do I say it, though, I show it...
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Every chance I get! It's not just words either. I say it, and I make sure he knows I mean it. He says it too, and I know he means it.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I do (unless he's pissed me off then i simply say bye)
  • Luxxmundi
    Luxxmundi Posts: 52
    Options
    Yes, Because like most people have said, you never know if it will be the last time you can say it.