I LOVE YOU

Options

Replies

• Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    No I don't and my husband prefers me not to be like that. I am quite embarassed when I say I love you to him or even to my family members. My husband hasn't said he loved me in about 3years either. He shows his love in other measures but sometimes I just wish he would say it to me :( I guess it also has something got to do with my upbringing, love was always meant to be indoors and only in your bedroom. I can't even imagine my parents saying it to me either. Strange though as you never know what tomorrow will bring.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    nope.. since we don't get along very well.
    can't even think of the last time he said it to me or i said it to him.. sad hey..
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Yes. Always.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    If I'm not being a brat...
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    that is the last thing i tell him.... we dont say goodbye....

before we got married he came to visit me..i lived in oregon him in new york... when he left he kissed me and told me not to say good bye because it sounded like i wouldnt see him again and he didnt want that to be the last thing he heard from me so he told me to say i love you

that has just been something that has stuck with us lol
  • jdaniels52509
    Options
    Almost every time we hang up, stop texting for the night (because he works 3rd shift), and every time on of us leaves the house.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Not really... predictability with that phrase can drain the meaning out of it. I save those exact words for the moments that need it.

Instead, I prefer to overload her phone with dirty text messages at various inconvenient times.

love this... want my number? :)

I so agree..I love this.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I dated a woman for over 2 years and never once did I tell her I L'd her, nor did she tell me. She knew how I felt about saying that word.

As a coach, I insist my athletes abide by my 1 simple rule: "Don't tell me...SHOW me!"

I didn't tell her I loved her...I showed it to her! She knew. She knew all too well.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    After 11 years, yes.

Every time we hang up, end a text message, go to bed or part ways. It isn't because "you never know what will happen", it is because we just do.

He also will not sleep at night until I give him a kiss. :blushing: It is really annoying if I am upset and pouting and he makes me kiss him and will pick on me until I do. Usually end up laughing so hard I forget why I am mad. :grumble:

This reminds me so much of my husband!! We say it everytime one of us goes somewhere , usually before going to bed, and every single time we get off the phone. We also randomly text it to each other throughout the day. It's just nice to know that the person you love is thinking abt you too. And if i'm mad all bets are off...cause he'll say i'll love you, and i'll say that's nice. Then i get harrassed until i start cracking up and kiss him. I've been known to give him a quick kiss even when im beyond pissed and not realized i'd done it.
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    Yes, and usually several times throught the day. We have been together 12 years.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I don't know why that was hilarious! But yes my husb. is pretty good about saying it every time. I'm trying to get better at it. Why not?
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    oh yes I do and not as form of a greeting, but to let her know she is an absolute gift from God! I don't know why she puts up with me... I've have a hard time putting up with me! lol She's my sanity and the love of my life. My goal everyday is to put a smile on her face. I tell her I love her because I do!

Exactly!
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do. The way I see it, any time could be the last time I talk with him.

^^^^^ this I love my hubby so much I can't ever imagine my world without him so literally any excuse is a good excuse to let him know!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Everytime...sometimes more than twice! (Been together for over 13 years too!)
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    yep!! Even if he's going to call me right back. I think it makes both of us feel good about ourselves and the relationship :)
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    oh yes I do and not as form of a greeting, but to let her know she is an absolute gift from God! I don't know why she puts up with me... I've have a hard time putting up with me! lol She's my sanity and the love of my life. My goal everyday is to put a smile on her face. I tell her I love her because I do!

^^ this is so sweet!!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Do you tell your spouse "I love you" every time you hang up the phone with him/her?

My husband is deployed right now so i make sure to tell him i love him every time i talk to him cause i never know if it might be the last time i will be able too !
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    wow.. this tread is making me depressed as hell. going to get off the computer and cry now. :(
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Not married, but I try to tell her everyday that she is beautiful, that I appreciate her, and that I love her. We don't always say it when getting off the phone. But we say it a lot, there's no doubt that we love one another.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Actions speak louder than words in my opinion. Although I think its important to say " I love you" to your significant other, its even more important to show it through simple gestures that can have alot of meaning. But.. to answer your question, yes my fiance and I do say it, just not every time we speak on the phone.:smile: