I LOVE YOU

Options

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I try to too... don't always remember based on our conservation.

However, I do with my son. Every time. Even if he has annoyed the heck out of me or ticked me off, I end every conversation with "I love you" or "You know I still love you regardless of what stupid stuff you do!" :tongue:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Every time we hang up the phone, at the end of most emails, and at least a few times throughout the day. It's just what we do. We also make sure to tell the children at least a few times through the day, along with some good snuggle time.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yep, and each time we text. It's how we know the conversation is over! We also tell each other I love you before bed, before leaving the house... When we are just sitting around the house together... :-)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Not really... predictability with that phrase can drain the meaning out of it. I save those exact words for the moments that need it.

Instead, I prefer to overload her phone with dirty text messages at various inconvenient times.

^^ this... i overload my husbands phone with pictures and texts.... while he's at work. and when deployed i overload his email... haha!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Not married, but the entire family says it to each other before we hang up the phone. It's a habit now and a habit I have instilled in my daughters. A good habit to get into, I'd say.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    After 11 years, yes.

Every time we hang up, end a text message, go to bed or part ways. It isn't because "you never know what will happen", it is because we just do.

He also will not sleep at night until I give him a kiss. :blushing: It is really annoying if I am upset and pouting and he makes me kiss him and will pick on me until I do. Usually end up laughing so hard I forget why I am mad. :grumble:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    :heart: No..we probably say it a couple times a week. I think I'll text him right now.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    yep!!Say it with meaning everytime too!! If we're mad we wont force it out.. even though we still love eachother.. We dont want it to turn into just a saying. We see each other about once a month (for a weekend) because of his military training..
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes. Well with my ex-husband we didn't after the first 3 years because he turned into a #1 Craftsmen tool and usually had a mistress at his side so he couldn't.

But, my last boyfriend, totally.
  • BNA_Mommy
    BNA_Mommy Posts: 36
    Options
    We tell each other "I Love You" all the time...on the phone, in a text, driving in the car, eating dinner, etc....not because it's something to say, but because we actually DO.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Working in the emergency medical healthcare field I have seen far too many lives cut short. Tomorrow it can all end and the last thing I want my wife to remember from our last conversation is that I love her deeply!
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i don't have a spouse but my parents and i say 'love ya bye' every time one of us leaves the house. and 'love ya goodnight' each night lol. i have to. you never know what could happen. i know this too well. even if i am in a bad mood or if i've gotten in an argument with one of them, i can't go/let them go without saying it.

it's actually gotten so that my dad makes fun of me by saying 'love ya bye' if he is going downstairs sometimes haha.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    YEAH we do...on phone..by text...email ..whatever lol...and its a great habit! :)
    and next year we'll be celebrating 25 yrs marriage :)
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    I don't have a spouse or significant other:sad: , but I do tell my kids:heart: that before we hang up
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Most of the time and if he has to go back to work he will text I love you to me too.
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    awww...lesson learned today and it will be appreciated!!
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes except for some awkward calls where I have a client sitting in front of me and I don't want them to know it's a personal call that is keeping me from helping them.

17 years in almost every phone call but I don't always say it or hug her before i leave in the morning and/or when I get home. Gotta work on that.

I believe we should take every opportunity to let our loved ones (wife kids) know we love them.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    yes, everytime!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    That phrase is the #1 most overused phrase in the history of phrases. It's a lie...a flat out lie when used most of the time. It's a manipulator.

Other than my family, I refuse to use that phrase. It's such a powerful one, so using it (for me) must be taken seriously.

Sorry for the rant....carry on!!!
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    We say I love you all the time, every day, after every call, before we fall asleep. We have been together 7 years and married a year on July 2nd.