I LOVE YOU

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    In my family, you do this to EVERYONE you love, not just your SO. So just about every time I hang up with a dear friend or relative gets an I love you, too.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Not unless he's been away for a while and we're talking on the phone.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Th first time my fiance told me he loved me, we were 17. I broke up with him! lol.. told him I wasn't ready for that. He knows it's not a word I throw around lightly.. but yes.. it's something that is said all the time in our house, on the phone.. whenever. Our kids probably hear it 50 times a day between the 2 of us.
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Not every phone call, but most of them. I am sure we don't need to remind each other of our love, but it is nice to hear it anyway. It doesn't get old to me, and I hope it doesn't for her. Depending on the situation of the phone call, it certainly does help to hear it at the end. However, we do not do the cutesy "no...I love you more- no you hang up" BS. That is just annoying lol.

We also do the occasional hand holding in public. Or the surprise back rub/butt slap/crotch grab while you are doing mundane tasks around the house. I always enjoy them, and feel it strengthens the relationship just as much as saying "I love you". In fact, that is what I take it as. A physical way of saying "I love you" without actually saying it.

As far as the inappropriate texting. That is like relationship gold. LOL i rarely find it, but when I do, I smile at the giant nugget of awesome.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Always. You never know what could happen.
  • lorradear
    lorradear Posts: 6
    Options
    hmmm. not so much.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    Every phone call but the fight calls. But usually by the end of the night, we're saying it again. :P
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I would if I had one.
  • brianyeager
    Options
    I have been married for 17 years. I tell her I love her every chance I get, including at the end of a phone conversation.
  • wolfehound22
    wolfehound22 Posts: 887
    Options
    Always, get jokes from other people sometimes, but I don't care. Never know what could happen I guess, just like I never leave angry, never want that to be the lasting memory.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    On the phone he tells me before he hangs up every time and I say it back, but I'm usually the first to say it in person and he says it back.

We probably say it to each other at least 10 times a day.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Guilty of not doing it. Funny, they are the easiest 3 words to say, yet so hard to say it often enough. I do however say it everynight faithfully before bed.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    No, usually I am annoyed by the end of the phone call. But it is a really good idea to do it because you never know what might happen

Haha, sometimes I feel this way (annoyed) with my bf at the end of the call because he takes about 5 min to say goodbye (bye babe, you're the best, have a great day, i'll be thinking about you, love you babe, you're beautiful). He literally will say all of that before we hang up. I know it is sweet and very caring for him to say that, but sometimes I just like it short and sweet. Overall, I love him for it :-)
  • stephanne82
    stephanne82 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We do everytime! We also send each other IM's throughout the work day and say it everytime we end our conversation through that too...:wink: I love my hubby! :love:
  • rhonnie66
    rhonnie66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My hunny tells me every single time, whether he is in front of his friends or family, I forget to tell him though....Does that make me a bad wife??
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Around the house, I think the jokingly "I Hate you" s fly around more than the ILY's do.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    When I was still married, I always used to tell her I loved her. Once, I ordered pizza from Dominos and told the dude taking my order that I loved him out of habit.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I dont want either of us to die and not hear that we love each other.
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    Yes. As well as every time one of us leaves. In fact, we work for the same company, but drive separately just in case one of the kids gets sick or he has to work late and we say we love each other ever day before we come to work even though we know in 20 minutes. :heart:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Around the house, I think the jokingly "I Hate you" s fly around more than the ILY's do.

^ we do this as well. LOL

i had a friend tell me that my husband was my "brother-husband". i was like "i'm not from the backwoods dude..." LOL but she meant that we tease, fight, etc like brother and sister sometimes. i love that we can be ourselves though. we're nerds. :happy: