I LOVE YOU

Options

Replies

• teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    Right now, yes. He's working out of town during the week, so he only gets to come home on the weekends. :(

When he was still working locally, not as much. Mostly because calls were about picking something up from the store on the way home or something like that.

But we always always always make sure to say it at least once a day, regardless. :heart:
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Not married, but the entire family says it to each other before we hang up the phone. It's a habit now...

This for me! ^^

I always think that the one time I don't because I was mad or in a hurry could be last time I see them and they wouldn't get to hear me say it. My mother always used to tell me "you never know what will happen when we're sleeping and you might regret it". Of course this started as just a way to get me and brother to apologize to each other before bed when we were younger. But it stuck.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    We don't say it at the end of every conversation we have (with 2 young ones running around you're lucky to be even having any type of conversation!), but we do make sure we say it regularly and at various times so we no the other is saying it because we want to, not just cos its habit. We have a rule of not leaving the house without a goodbye kiss tho...just in case...
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    All the time. And we also tel lour son that all the time and when we are on the phone. We are loved flled houehold:heart:
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

I believe we should take every opportunity to let our loved ones (wife kids) know we love them.

agreed. i let my babies know i love them often. have you read the 5 love languages book? it's great! i learned a lot about myself and the relationships with the people i love.
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    :heart: No..we probably say it a couple times a week. I think I'll text him right now.
    Awww, and he will appreciate it (lesson learned for the day)
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yes, every time. I should count how many times I say it per day, probably at least 50. Every time I look at him I think it :)
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Instead, I prefer to overload her phone with dirty text messages at various inconvenient times.
    [/quote]

We also exchange text messages, keeps the fire burning. Nothing like seeing a pic of my boobs in the middle of a meeting to put a smile on my hubby's face :wink:
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I tell my friends and family too. Everytime I hang up the phone or say goodbye. If it's the last time I speak to them I want the last thing they hear to be I love you. :heart:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Probably half of the time.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No, it's overuse.
    It's like the converse of crying wolf. I am secure enough that I don't need to hear it over and over all the time.
    And so is she. We laugh at people who ooze "love"
    One lady said to her husband "I just love you"
    He just smiled and thanked her. That was not good enough.
    "And?" she said. He rolled his eyes. "AND!" she persisted..
    "And I love you too" he droned in an exasperated tone. She smiled sweetly and ate a potato chip.
    That marriage is doomed.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    You betcha!! For 2 reasons: To make sure He never forgets and in case I never get to say it to Him again for some unknown reason...

: ))
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    That phrase is the #1 most overused phrase in the history of phrases. It's a lie...a flat out lie when used most of the time. It's a manipulator.

Other than my family, I refuse to use that phrase. It's such a powerful one, so using it (for me) must be taken seriously.

Sorry for the rant....carry on!!!

I pretty much agree with you. Its a powerful statement and not one to just be thrown around. I feel the same way about hate. if you feel it - say it. When it becomes automatic it means nothing. Dont say it if you dont mean it. ever.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    No reason to say that phrase to the person you love out of habit or expectation. You say it when the moment strikes, when you mean it, when it means something to both of you. Otherwise it's just words.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    No, it's overuse.
    It's like the converse of crying wolf. I am secure enough that I don't need to hear it over and over all the time.
    "And I love you too" he droned in an exasperated tone. She smiled sweetly and ate a potato chip.
    That marriage is doomed.

hm... yeah in that situation i can see where there may be a problem.
    i'm glad i never feel like i have to force it.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Working in the emergency medical healthcare field I have seen far too many lives cut short. Tomorrow it can all end and the last thing I want my wife to remember from our last conversation is that I love her deeply!

Totally agree. Too many times when I worked trauma I heard family say "I didnt tell them I loved them" or "We were arguing this morning". You never know what can happen in a blink of an eye.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Usually when he leaves for work and before hanging up the phone. "See you, love you, bye" for some reason has become the norm when he goes to work, lol!
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    No, it's overuse.
    That marriage is doomed.

It's hard to not use it, though, when your partner works at a high-risk job. It's that fear of the unknown.

I would much rather the last thing I said to him be 'I love you', than 'Can you pick up milk? Thanks.'
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Yes, every time we leave the house, every time we get off the phone and every night before bed...and other times throughout the day, even if we're frustrated with eachother.

Same here :smile:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No, it's overuse.
    That marriage is doomed.

hm... yeah in that situation i can see where there may be a problem.
    i'm glad i never feel like i have to force it.
    We're both business people, and at work, we talk to each other as business people.
    When the time is right, we say it. It's very special.