I LOVE YOU

Options
Erica27511
Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
Do you tell your spouse "I love you" every time you hang up the phone with him/her?

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do. The way I see it, any time could be the last time I talk with him.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    No, usually I am annoyed by the end of the phone call. But it is a really good idea to do it because you never know what might happen
  • Erica27511
    Options
    True. I don't and a friend of mine suggested I should. I basically told her to mind her own business.

BTW, that is a bangin black dress!!!!!!!
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Not every time no. We don't say it that often in general, maybe twice a week.
  • Erica27511
    Options

LOVE LOVE LOVE King of Queens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    you told your friend to mind her own business and then brought it to get the opinions/actions of hundreds of strangers?
    :tongue:

to answer - almost every time. in our 7 years of marriage, probably less than 5 ended without saying it.
  • Erica27511
    Options
    you told your friend to mind her own business and then brought it to get the opinions/actions of hundreds of strangers?
    :tongue:

I did! HAHAHA I said it in a nice way ...that should count for something! It just got me thinking and doubting myself. UUUGHGHHGHGGHGH
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE King of Queens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me, too! It's funny how so many things that happen in real life remind me of one of their episodes. I still watch the reruns every night.
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I used to when I was married. The problem was trying to make sure to reassure that it wasn't just something you said and that you meant it.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yes, every time we leave the house, every time we get off the phone and every night before bed...and other times throughout the day, even if we're frustrated with eachother.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    we do tell each other "i love you, (insert name)" when we get off the phone. having been through 2 year long deployments, we have learned that anything can happen. even when i want to throat punch him for being a douc#e sometimes, i still tell him i love him. LOL
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    I certainly do and always will! I made a promise that he will never ever wonder about my feelings for him and that is just one way that I do it!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Not really... predictability with that phrase can drain the meaning out of it. I save those exact words for the moments that need it.

Instead, I prefer to overload her phone with dirty text messages at various inconvenient times.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Yes, any time either one of us leaves the other or hanging up the phone. It's just something we've always done.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    ... most of the time.

Sometimes conversations end in a hurry, with a preschooler around there's a lot of "oh no.. don't do that.. no.. oh, I gotta go!" moments, but generally we try to.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yes, every time we leave the house, every time we get off the phone and every night before bed...and other times throughout the day, even if we're frustrated with eachother.

^^^ This
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yep, we do. Although, I must admit that when we get into an argument saying "I love you" is the worst feeling that can come out of my mouth . . . don't know why it bothers me so much when I'm upset with him . . . I've got plenty other issues though. :frown:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Sure do.
  • ErB56
    ErB56 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    About half the time on the phone, but I never leave the house without kissing her and telling her I love her!