I LOVE YOU

Options

Replies

• Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yep! I tell my spouse, my kids, my mom, sisters and brother every single time! You never know when it may be the last time. I try to make sure that everyone I love knows, without a doubt that I love them. Even when I'm mad at them I still love them.

For me too.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Also...A couple on this thread have said it's "needy". That cracks me up. I am not very needy at all. I've only said "I love you" to two SO's in my life. One was a high school boyfriend of 2.5 years and the other is my husband. Before I said it to my boyfriend in HS, I explained to him that it was only puppy love, not real love. I wanted him to be on the same page as me.

BUT I believe in showing and telling the few people that mean the world to me that I love and care about them. When you deal with a sudden tragedy or death in your life, you learn the valuable lesson of SHOWING and TELLING those people in life you love them.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    yes we do
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Yes, we both do

I also say it when I talk to my parents, and my brother. You never know when the last time you talk to them will be.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I used to :frown:
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    All the time. I tell her that I love her numerous times out of the day.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do, even when HE makes me mad:)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every time. Even if I call him at work (calls can be monitored), and every time he or I walk out the door, I tell him I love him and give him a great big kiss. If anything should happen to either of us, I'd want the last words I said to him to be "I love you!".

Funny story.... years ago, he and I had a big (for us) argument at breakfast that wasn't resolved before we both left for work (I was employed at the time). I said to him before we both left "I'm still mad at you, but I love you!". He responded in kind. Yes. We made up when we got home.
  • mandiibayybee
    Options
    About half the time on the phone, but I never leave the house without kissing her and telling her I love her!

My hubby is like that. I think its sweet.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Not really... predictability with that phrase can drain the meaning out of it. I save those exact words for the moments that need it.

Instead, I prefer to overload her phone with dirty text messages at various inconvenient times.

lol i couldve written this exact post.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Usually yes but then again I say "I love you" alot in a day's time to my kids, etc.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Yes, we do. The way I see it, any time could be the last time I talk with him.

^Same mentality I have, I also try and avoid going to bed mad at each other, wouldn't want that to be the last time I spend with anyone. :(
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    My husband and I always so I Love You when we get off the phone and in texts. :love:
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yes and to my son too.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do. The way I see it, any time could be the last time I talk with him.

VERY TRUE
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Being honest, no. There are times that our conversations have to be quick because many times I call she's in a meeting.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes, and every time one of us leaves the house without the other. We've been married 11 years and still so much in love!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Most of the time we do, can't remember the last time we didn't. I also say it every time I end a conversation with my parents or grandfather.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    yes:
    hang up phone
    get up in morning
    randomly through out the day
    when he drops me off at work or picks me up (he always walks me in and to the back (work @ walmart)if
    when we are going to bed ..

you never know when your time will end, I always wanted to tell my Aunt I loved her, but was scared of being rejected (long story)
    well she died at 50 y/o of a blood clot and I never got to tell her ( I was 17) .. I vowed to tell every one how I felt from that day foward .. so if I love you, you will hear it often ..lol
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Rarely will I not; love is far more than a feeling. There are times (albeit not often) that I'm frustrated on the phone with her, but I won't hold that back ... pride makes me want to at times, but that's a vicious enemy. 11 years and 4 kids later ... I can't imagine not telling her often ... never stop courting your spouse! One of the biggest mistakes I could ever make would be to let another man make my wife smile when I cannot ... I love her ... so why not tell her :)

I get the whole thing about it becoming routine ... but if saying I love you becomes routine, the problem is not with the words, it's something else ...