is it really worth it?

Options
does anyone else get sick of watching what they eat? I mean is life to short to just drink water eat meat and veg and excersise? Today i am feeling like well this is me and so be it. I enjoy my food i like a drink and i am too lazy to excersise so if i am meant to be this weight well there it is.

Replies

• dmwells3
    dmwells3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want but in moderation. I love chocolate, but I no longer eat a a big bar, I eat a small one. I love pasta, and I now eat one "serving" (size dependant on if it is a main course) and I do not go back for seconds. I drink my beer on the weekends.

You can have just about anything as long as you do not go overboard. Just pay attention to the amount, and you should be fing. Keep track of your cals and stay as close to your goal as you can. Good luck and happy weight loss!
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    One could also say that life is too short to be fat and unhappy with yourself.

Or that life is bound to be short, if you don't take care of yourself.

Its subterfuge. You CAN do this. Its in you. Just reach for it, and try your best! :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it to live a long, healthy life? Is it worth it to combat metabolic syndrome, arterial sclerosis, type 2 diabetes, bad joints and a myriad of other health problems that come from eating poorly and being over weight?

Yes.

It's a lifestyle change, not a one-shot-deal.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Well, I had that attitute in the past. But not any longer. I've seen the health benefits of not being overweight. I feel better at this size than I did before, and that is worth all the hard work.

That being said, I do a lot more than just eat meat and veg and exercise. I have an active social life, including eating out and movies with popcorn (occassionally). I am able to eat the foods I want using portion control. I have ice cream and cookies just about every day and have the whole time I've been losing weight. I take part in healthy activities that I enjoy, like hiking and yoga, and still find time to veg out in front of the TV sometimes. You have to find a balance that makes you happy and keeps your body in shape. It's not necessarily an all or nothing proposition.

You're right, that life is too short. I know that mine is going to be even shorter if I don't take care of myself, and that includes controlling my weight.

Best of luck to you. :) And ps your doggie is too cute!!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is worth it. It feels sooo good to be healthy.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I still eat cupcakes.
  • ilovedogs
    ilovedogs Posts: 77
    Options
    I know you are all correct but I just feel like I am flogging a dead horse so to speak. I have tried every diet there is. i was 9-10 stone up untill 2009 and now i am 12, just cant seem to shift a lb, and i get really down and think sod it its not going to happen so what the hell
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    There are days I feel like this, but then like someone else said I have to decide what's more worth it, being fat and miserable just so I can enjoy a meal or being healthy and happy so I can find happiness else where with my kids and family longer. I am not saying I eat perfect by any means. In fact some days I eat like crap but still manage to stay with in my calories.

It's not easy, nothing in life that is worth having comes easy, and if it's easy more then likely it's not worth having. We have to chose our hard, it's not really easy being fat either, you have higher risks of heart problems, diabetes, and other things, so you can pay it forward now by getting yourself on track, or pay them hospital bills later. We have to chose our hard's.
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can make two choices, live your life to the fullest, be healthy and active. Get out do stuff have the energy to get it done, feel good about yourself, feel good about other people.

Or, you can lounge in front to the TV, eat crap, don't do anything and waste your life away not really doing anything.

The choice is completely yours. Everyone one on this site has made that choice to a degree. You are almost there because you are here and have posted this forum. If you choice the to be healthy there are untold people here to help, support and motivate you. But you have to want to too it or it will be for nothing.

Make the choice..................
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely worth it, but you have to want it bad enough to work for it. I don't deprive myself of anything. Everything in moderation is key for me, although I tend to find myself making better choices as I go along.I have made a lifestyle change, so I know I will get to my goal and be able to keep the weight off this time.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it to live a long, healthy life? Is it worth it to combat metabolic syndrome, arterial sclerosis, type 2 diabetes, bad joints and a myriad of other health problems that come from eating poorly and being over weight?

Yes.

It's a lifestyle change, not a one-shot-deal.

^^^this
    and yes it is worth it!! I haven't felt this good in years :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    does anyone else get sick of watching what they eat? I mean is life to short to just drink water eat meat and veg and excersise? Today i am feeling like well this is me and so be it. I enjoy my food i like a drink and i am too lazy to excersise so if i am meant to be this weight well there it is.

It all depends on what you desire most really, to get to your goal weight, or all those foods that most likely made you overweight in the first place.....

Nothing wrong with being happy with the weight you are at the moment or with eating and drinking what you like, as long as you don't make excuses in order to just carry on as you are and using that same excuse in order to not make the effort.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Feeling healthy and strong is so worth it!! And who told you it was all meat, veggies and exercise. EVERYTHING in moderation!! When you master self control and willpower you can have what ever you want....just smaller portions. I have a treat EVERYDAY. I just makes sure it's small 100 to 150 calories and it doesn't make me go over for the day.

Life is too short to be overweight and unhealthy! God-willing I want to be that awesome old wrinkly 95 year old lady that's still taking her morning walk or going for a swim.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    You should enjoy food.. it is part of your life, it keeps you alive.. BUT if you just don't care and 'enjoy' too much, it will make you overweight and can make you sick... =/ Enjoy in moderation! Don't enjoy it to the point where it costs your health! The point of food is to fuel your body to enjoy other parts of life.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Yes life is short, but it's even shorter when you don't take care of yourself!
    I'm doing this to live a healthy happy life, and hopefully a longer one free of Diabetes and heart disease. To me, it's worth it!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's worth it.

Food is still enjoyable....but the rest of my life is more enjoyable now too. I have more energy. I feel more comfortable in social situations. I don't get winded walking up stairs. I've developed awesome new friendships. And I look great!

I still eat what I want, as long as it fits in my goal.

You need to get rid of the idea of a "diet" and start living your life to take care of yourself.
  • ilovedogs
    ilovedogs Posts: 77
    Options
    thank you all. i am going to sound really sad now but some of mentioned getting out and stuff but I dont have any freinds to do anything with.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    One could also say that life is too short to be fat and unhappy with yourself.

This is how I see things too.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I eat and drink what I want and still lost weight.

It is worth it, but then I'm not too lazy to exercise. I made the sacrifice and worked through the initial aches and pains......running and working out is now an addiction for me and I'm happier and healthier for it.

But that's me
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    thank you all. i am going to sound really sad now but some of mentioned getting out and stuff but I dont have any freinds to do anything with.

I have been there, I didn't have friends because I didn't love myself enough to let others love me. I pushed everyone away because I was miserable. I am just now starting to gain friends because I'm enjoying getting out and meeting people. I don't have to work, my husband makes ok money to give us the things we need to survive, I work because I enjoy getting out of the house now. It took me losing weight and learning to love myself in order to realize I was worthy of friends.