What type of 'body' are you attracted to?

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to fit men but if they have a little bit of pudge I'm ok with that too. I'm not a huge fan of facial hair -- like full on beards. ICK! -- but a little bit of scruff or a goatee is pretty darn sexy. He has to be tall (I'm short so at least taller than me) and broad. Muscles are good (goes with the fit part) but he can't be a scrawny little thing either.

For women she's got to have nice badonkadonk. Slim, fit, muscles and long hair. Not into the scrawny way too skinny eat a cheeseburger type of girl. I love muscles and think a fit, sleek, tight body is very sexy.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah we all love our significant others. That isn't what the OP asked. If you are straight, you are attracted to the opposite sex. If you are homosexual, you are attracted to the same sex. If you like blondes, you can love a brunette. Physical attraction is a biological response and (for many of us) has nothing to do with love. Just stick to the OP without all the "you're so shallow".

^Thank you. Don't know why everyone has to be so freakin' diplomatic and PC. No-one cares - you're allowed to have PREFERENCES AND ATTRACTIONS.

Why be so divisive and assume it has to be one way or the other. I think many people in committed relationships struggle with the tension between what their spouse looks like and what he or she prefers in someone else physically. I will tell you that I find a lean sculpted feminine physique with medium to large breasts, chiseled abs and powerful calves very attractive. I think women in high heels with tan and toned legs is very sexy. Having said all of that, my SO, like me, struggles with weight and I find her far more beautiful than anything I just described. Physical attraction is not just about external physical attributes and your callous attitude tells me that either you have never truly been in love or are unhappy in your current situation. I can say definitively that you could offer to take my wife's personality and put it into a fitness model's body tomorrow and I would decline. I love my wife for EVERYTHING that she is despite also being physically attracted to a body type different from hers!

I think you have digressed, somewhat. Nobody is denying that you can't find your spouses more attractive than your preferences, nor is anyone saying attraction and love are completely, and always, exclusive from one another.

The point is; we are all human beings. We all have preferences and attractions. There is no need for the PC army to come out, guns blazing, talking bullcrap about how much they love their SO for who they are, and how shallow the OP is etc.

I have a type. My ex wasn't really my type. But I still loved him. That's obviously how love works. You love that person so they are uber attractive to you.

ETA: Wait, I just re-read your comment. "Physical attraction is not just about external physical attributes and your callous attitude tells me that either you have never truly been in love or are unhappy in your current situation." - my callous attitude?! What the hell are you talking about? You seriously have missed the point, it's gone way past you and over your head. Sigh.

Well help me out then since I seem to be just short of the cup! What I hear you saying is that love somehow overcomes any absolute lack of attraction as it love covers another's flaws. That is what I hear so help me out.
  • jcmartin0313
    Options
    I'm attracted to fit men but if they have a little bit of pudge I'm ok with that too. I'm not a huge fan of facial hair -- like full on beards. ICK! -- but a little bit of scruff or a goatee is pretty darn sexy. He has to be tall (I'm short so at least taller than me) and broad. Muscles are good (goes with the fit part) but he can't be a scrawny little thing either.

For women she's got to have nice badonkadonk. Slim, fit, muscles and long hair. Not into the scrawny way too skinny eat a cheeseburger type of girl. I love muscles and think a fit, sleek, tight body is very sexy.

Has pudge will grow goe-tee...hehe !
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm not attracted to any one type, but I am attracted to how a woman carries what she's got. I'm not into overly done up; clown make up only works at the circus. A woman doesn't have to think she's the sexiest thing in a room, but she should believe that she looks good. Confidence has a look, and that's attractive.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

Has pudge will grow goe-tee...hehe !

LOL! :tongue:
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like them tall and what I call soft muscular meaning they have definition but the body fat % isn't so low that you see every single muscle on them.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I can see where the OP('s friend) is coming from...I'm not saying I wouldn't be attracted to someone who may be fat, but I wouldnt want to date them as I may slip back into my old ways, going out for meals, eating rubbish etc...same as I wouldnt date a smoker, not because I dont like it but the fact I'd probably start smoking again!
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to a body that is dressed neatly (not sloppy) and clean. He can be big or small. But the way he takes care of himself says alot. I don't like a buff guy- to me that shows he is too "into" himself. I don't like the "preppy" guy as looks are too important to him.

I like the body that is himself and is genuine, inside and out.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    0.jpg
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like strong arms, big strong hands and kind eyes... Everything else is open for discussion.
  • jcmartin0313
    Options
    I like big butts and I cannot lie............
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Cold ones that have been in the ground no more than 5 days, no less than 2.

a44b2110.gif
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah we all love our significant others. That isn't what the OP asked. If you are straight, you are attracted to the opposite sex. If you are homosexual, you are attracted to the same sex. If you like blondes, you can love a brunette. Physical attraction is a biological response and (for many of us) has nothing to do with love. Just stick to the OP without all the "you're so shallow".
    Well, I must say that my SO is indeed what I wanted which is why I selected her.
    They key is to get honest about what you really want.
    No BS or nampy-pamby non-sense about beauty from within or people who are generous or good with babies.
    What TURNS YOU ON?
    Go after it, and once you find the person making the attraction cut, then see about all the nampy-pamby stuff.
    Never settle for anything less than 100% of what you truly desire.
    Just my opinion.....:bigsmile:
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Physically speaking; tall with long legs, with some muscle, brunette or blonde and big pupils (sort of weird I know :laugh:)
    Personality wise: funny, spontaneous ( maybe a little crazy too) and sporty.
    Too bad... I'm not too tall, my legs not too long, appropriate to my height, have some muscle, am brunette with normal pupils, and, am married Bwaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    A male body with a sense of humor. I am not picky about looks.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I like women from all races, creeds, classes, heights, weights, shapes, sizes ect.

So long as they are clean, neat, and presentable with an upbeat, optimistic attitude. ;D
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Slim. Doesn't have to be muscular. Just slim. And tall.
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Love doesn't know a "body type". You can't help who you love and if you love them truly, you take them any way you can.

No, but attraction does. If I'm not attracted to someone I'm not going to waste my time with them. I was (and still am) attracted to my husband which is why I dated him in the first place. I fell in love with him later but it was his physical appearance that I was attracted to from the start. You could be the nicest person in the world, great personality, sweet heart and just an all around nice guy but if I don't find you physically attractive then you'll just be a friend. I'm not the type of person who can "grow to love" someone.

It just ain't happening.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

^Thank you. Don't know why everyone has to be so freakin' diplomatic and PC. No-one cares - you're allowed to have PREFERENCES AND ATTRACTIONS.

Why be so divisive and assume it has to be one way or the other. I think many people in committed relationships struggle with the tension between what their spouse looks like and what he or she prefers in someone else physically. I will tell you that I find a lean sculpted feminine physique with medium to large breasts, chiseled abs and powerful calves very attractive. I think women in high heels with tan and toned legs is very sexy. Having said all of that, my SO, like me, struggles with weight and I find her far more beautiful than anything I just described. Physical attraction is not just about external physical attributes and your callous attitude tells me that either you have never truly been in love or are unhappy in your current situation. I can say definitively that you could offer to take my wife's personality and put it into a fitness model's body tomorrow and I would decline. I love my wife for EVERYTHING that she is despite also being physically attracted to a body type different from hers!

I think you have digressed, somewhat. Nobody is denying that you can't find your spouses more attractive than your preferences, nor is anyone saying attraction and love are completely, and always, exclusive from one another.

The point is; we are all human beings. We all have preferences and attractions. There is no need for the PC army to come out, guns blazing, talking bullcrap about how much they love their SO for who they are, and how shallow the OP is etc.

I have a type. My ex wasn't really my type. But I still loved him. That's obviously how love works. You love that person so they are uber attractive to you.

ETA: Wait, I just re-read your comment. "Physical attraction is not just about external physical attributes and your callous attitude tells me that either you have never truly been in love or are unhappy in your current situation." - my callous attitude?! What the hell are you talking about? You seriously have missed the point, it's gone way past you and over your head. Sigh.

Well help me out then since I seem to be just short of the cup! What I hear you saying is that love somehow overcomes any absolute lack of attraction as it love covers another's flaws. That is what I hear so help me out.

:sick:

What I'm saying is simple;

We all have certain things that we find exceptionally attractive or prefer. For me, it's guys with almond eyes and long eyelashes.

Love has got nothing to do with this. You can love someone who has got these characteristics, or they may not. It doesn't make you shallow if you still have your preferences.

As for wanting a new partner to fit your lifestyle, that is okay. And if you lost a bunch of weight, and wanted to leave your partner if they didn't change, that is okay also. It may hurt them, and they are entitiled to that hurt, but we are all in control of our OWN lives.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My SO is very tall and slim and I like that but I'd be fine if he gained weight.

I don't like muscle, it freaks me out.