What?! Duggars expecting 19th child?! Running out of "J" nam

Options

Replies

• JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Michelle/Jim Bob are doing this because they are Quiverfuls and it's deemed ok because they are.

My point is what if all the people on this planet were Quiverfuls and did exactly what they did. Would it be deemed ok then???!!!

Think about it.

What if all the people on the planet were suicide bombers??

The Duggars are one family and if they can afford 19 or 49 children it doesn't affect my life one way or the other.
    [/quote]

The point is that it will affect FUTURE lives and generations who will live on an over-populated poisoned planet without clean food.
    [/quote]

Wow! Some people really think this way? Let them do what they want. Unless you are living off the grid completely, then you are being a hypocrite! :sick:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    This thread kept me entertained for a few minutes this dreary Tuesday morning. Thank you!!!

MY TWO CENTS, for the record:

1. If you have a tv show about your family, I get to have an opinion on your family. :bigsmile:

2. As long as you financially support them all, don't abuse them, and show them love, have as many kids as you please. You aren't stepping on my civil liberties.

3. As far as too many people using up all the earth's resources.... each of use vital resources as we continue our daily life. I don't see how that is really an issue. I have a cousin who doesn't want kids. There's a freebie spot for 2.3 kids. I only have 1 kid currently, so there's another 1.3 kids freed up. Meh, I just don't see how that really plays into how many kids we should/ shouldn't have.
    ---- a. And as far as that goes, she's had 19 naturally. Kate Gosse-whatev had 6 at once but by unnatural means. Nadya Sulle-whatev had 8 by unnatural means. Those births worry me more.... The more we "play" with reproduction, the more I worry of unintented genetic complications/side effects that may not present for generations to come!!

(Where did that long rant come from? :huh:)

4. I get irritated by families that use the same letter for everyone's name. My friend's family is Adam, Amanda and Alexander & Andrew. *gag* But at this point, the Duggars can't name this newest addition out of the J name grouping! It'd be like a Scarlett Letter! :noway:

5. My first name is Jessica. Think I could slip into the folds of the Duggar household, pull my own weight, and go unnoticed? :tongue:
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This thread kept me entertained for a few minutes this dreary Tuesday morning. Thank you!!!

1. If you have a tv show about your family, I get to have an opinion on your family. :bigsmile:

2. As long as you financially support them all, don't abuse them, and show them love, have as many kids as you please. You aren't stepping on my civil liberties.

3. As far as too many people using up all the earth's resources.... each of use vital resources as we continue our daily life. I don't see how that is really an issue. I have a cousin who doesn't want kids. There's a freebie spot for 2.3 kids. I only have 1 kid currently, so there's another 1.3 kids freed up. Meh, I just don't see how that really plays into how many kids we should/ shouldn't have.
    ---- a. And as far as that goes, she's had 19 naturally. Kate Gosse-whatev had 6 at once but by unnatural means. Nadya Sulle-whatev had 8 by unnatural means. Those births worry me more.... The more we "play" with reproduction, the more I worry of unintented genetic complications/side effects that may not present for generations to come!!

4. I get irritated by families that use the same letter for everyone's name. My friend's family is Adam, Amanda and Alexander & Andrew. *gag* But at this point, the Duggars can't name this newest addition out of the J name grouping! It'd be like a Scarlett Letter! :noway:

5. My first name is Jessica. Think I could slip into the folds of the Duggar household, pull my own weight, and go unnoticed? :tongue:

Too funny, my name is Jessi too!!!! More power to them if they can support and not abuse their children! They can have my extra 1.3 kids as well, so I think they are good :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jessica-- I'd go for it. Just smile a lot, they'll never notice you're not a real Duggar.
  • Marla64
    Options

Too funny, my name is Jessi too!!!! More power to them if they can support and not abuse their children! They can have my extra 1.3 kids as well, so I think they are good :laugh:

Well, as long as they're using environmentally friendly lightbulbs and are driving hybrids...otherwise, stone the irresponsible dopes.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Jessica-- I'd go for it. Just smile a lot, they'll never notice you're not a real Duggar.

Smile and use my manners.
    Do some dishes, cook a little.

At this point, I think I could really dig that lifestyle....
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Well, as long as they're using environmentally friendly lightbulbs and are driving hybrids...otherwise, stone the irresponsible dopes.

I use environmentally friendly lightbulbs because supposedly they only have to be changed every 7 years or so, and I'm short and lazy :tongue:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think if we look back all the duggar "j" names are from the bible, I could be wrong but I am pretty sure thats correct...Also as far as the house goes, if I'm not mistaken the Duggar boys/men, built that house with their own hands, it was not GIVEN to them by the network, or any of form of donation...they built that house themselves....I also believe that they are the most respectable children I've ever seen and if they want to have 50 more bring it on, maybe they can teach some of these hoodlums how to respect their elders and actually get out and WORK for what they want not have it handed to them....and yes I realize I probably just opened a whole nother can of worms, but its the truth.
  • shinybonnie
    Options

Lol! I just had the funniest image of some Duggar-imposter creeping around, ducking around corners, trying to blend in with the crowd... :laugh:

As for using up the world's resources... I'm not sure how much of the Environmentalist hand-wringing is rational. I remember learning in 3rd grade that the sun was going to burn itself out and that killer bees from Mexico were migrating to the US. Those things really scared me, but never actually happened. So, while I do care about the earth, scientists predictions regarding "future generations" do not effect my day-to-day life. In fact, if a scientist told me that "future generations" were going to suffer because my A/C is set at 74 degrees...:yawn: I'm not willing to sacrifice much of anything for "future generations." I mean, in my 30 years on this planet, I have heard so many dire warnings about things that are going to wipe out the human race: AIDS, drought, killer bees, exploding suns, terrorism, nuclear accidents.... again, :yawn: Why should I turn off my A/C if we are all going to be dead from the sun exploding?
  • Marla64
    Options
    I think if we look back all the duggar "j" names are from the bible, I could be wrong but I am pretty sure thats correct...Also as far as the house goes, if I'm not mistaken the Duggar boys/men, built that house with their own hands, it was not GIVEN to them by the network, or any of form of donation...they built that house themselves....I also believe that they are the most respectable children I've ever seen and if they want to have 50 more bring it on, maybe they can teach some of these hoodlums how to respect their elders and actually get out and WORK for what they want not have it handed to them....and yes I realize I probably just opened a whole nother can of worms, but its the truth.

Yes, I think you're right....they built the house. And most of the names are Bible names...although I don't know of any Bible character named "Jinger." That one stumps me....:laugh:

I found it to be pointless to try and enlighten w/facts those who may wish to hold onto rumor to support their ill-feelings.

These are seemingly self-supported people, raising lovely children....how anyone can have a negative opinion about them is truly beyond me.

But....whaddyagonnado?
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    they got the money from there shows to build it they did alot of the construntion on it and had a contractor come in and build it .my mother had ten kids she would have had twelve but she lost two before they were born my mother could not keep up with ten let alone nineteen. kids dont complain or are not aloud .untill they get out and look back and say that was not good. they need one on one. it should not be up to there kid to raise than she needs to stop i"m sure there kid in that big houses she forgot she"s had
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Yes, I think you're right....they built the house. And most of the names are Bible names...although I don't know of any Bible character named "Jinger." That one stumps me....:laugh:

Sounds like a reindeer's name! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    i"m sure there kid in that big houses she forgot she"s had

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Who are you and why do you keep calling me 'Mommy'?? :huh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    There is a couple in my church (Baptist not Quiverfuls) that have 14 kids. All the kids are very respectful, polite, well mannered hard working kids. I day if they can take care of that many kids, then God bless them!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Holy crap - 19???? I'd lose count if I had more than my two!:laugh: :wink:
  • mommared53
    Options
    I remember as a kid, my mom used to go through all the girls names to get the right one when she was trying to get that child's attention. Like if she was trying to get my attention she might say LilaMelbaJodyBetty! Can you imagine going through all those names trying to get the right kid? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I only have two kids (daughter is out of the home; son lives with me) and sometimes I'll call my son by my daughter's name. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I remember as a kid, my mom used to go through all the girls names to get the right one when she was trying to get that child's attention. Like if she was trying to get my attention she might say LilaMelbaJodyBetty! Can you imagine going through all those names trying to get the right kid? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I only have two kids (daughter is out of the home; son lives with me) and sometimes I'll call my son by my daughter's name. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me too, and I always wondered whoLilaMelbaJodyBetty is?

Mom drank:drinker:

:laugh:
  • mommared53
    Options

Me too, and I always wondered whoLilaMelbaJodyBetty is?

Mom drank:drinker:

:laugh:

:laugh: Now you know. :laugh:
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I'm one of 5 and i'm "Brian, Christine, Timothy, whatever the hell your name is!!!"

My name is Megan and I maybe I didn't get all of the attention I wanted because it was just us kids and my mom BUT
    We all have and keep our jobs for extended periods of time
    None of us do drugs
    We all respect eachother and others
    And we all are loved

wether its 5 or 19, they choose to have those children because they know they will be able to care and love them, so more power to 'em cause we all know I couldn't do it!

Cheers to you Marla and your 9 beautiful children!:drinker:
    You're a SAINT!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Definitely a mom thing-- I go through all the names, or at least half of 'em before I get frustrated and go, "You! What is your name?!!! Rebekah? Stop that!!!"