Hubby wants to see Magic Mike, should I be worried??

Options

Replies

• Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    First of all, there are half naked women in the movie too, they just aren't advertising that. Second, he probably just wants to see what all the hoopla is about. Check out his "competition". I don't see anything wrong with him going, but personally I think you'd have more fun if he did NOT. Enjoy!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I went to see it last night and I counted a total of 5 men and one of them was my straight cousin. He went because his gf wanted to go see it. I sure hope all the guys in there learned a thing or two.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    No man should see this, for NO reason. My friend, who is a psychologist, says he is seeing it for 'research'. He has not had sex with his attractive wife but one time in the last 3 months. (His wife should not tell my wife anything, she gossips).

I rest my case.

You see Magic Mic and you are a man. You want to see man meat.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Nothin' wrong with B
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    1. watch magic mike with wife
    2. wife gets all worked up for channing tatum for 2 hours
    3. she is forced to settle for you at the end of the night anyway
    4. oh well, guaranteed sex

This puts a small hole in my theory. I will allow this as an excuse to see Magic Mic as a hetero male.
  • Pixie_star1234
    Pixie_star1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you even have to ask yourself that, then yes, you should be worried for even doubting him.
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So Friday night my hubs offered to go to see Magic Mike with me, and I just kinda looked at him funny and was in shock. So what should I think,

A) He's a great husband and will do anything to make me happy
    B) He will enjoy watching half naked men
    C) He wants to watch and to learn some new moves

Personally I'm going with A... and kinda hope there's some part of the c mixed in also. :wink: Who went and seen it over the weekend?? We actually didn't end up going, our night out turned into going to Menards and buying a fence for our pool. hahaha Yeah, that was much more exciting. :laugh:

He sounds like a man who is confident in himself and would do anything for you. I wouldn't read too much into it. Just because he wants to take you to see a movie he knows you'll enjoy doe not mean he has homosexual tendencies. If a man is comfortable in his sexuality he doesn't have to act the big tough boy act. So unless you've noticed anything else to make you wonder....then just go with the fact he is a confident man and wants to make you happy.

I find the men who freak out the most and make big scenes and try to put on the tough guy act are actually the ones that you find out years down the road are gay....just saying....I've been out of the closet a long time so I don't want anything to think I'm flaming gay people because I'm not.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just thought it was very sweet and funny he even offered. I was bummed because I couldn't go with the girlfriends to see it, our times didn't work out together, so he offered to take me instead! So he gets brownie points in my eyes. But I just figured he was looking at the big picture, wife gets a little turned on by the movie and he's right there to collect! LOL I guess I didn't see it any different than a woman going to a strip club. But I think the guys on here see it very differently. hmmm... that's kinda interesting. So just out of curiosity to the people that are replying B, what would say to a woman that went to a strip club with her husband?? Oh, and this is all in fun, no judgments or getting mad, just curious that's all!
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Deffo wants the cack.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    LMAO for real? The movie itself actually looks kind of cool, shirtless dudes aside. The fact that a man can't offer to take you to it without his sexuality being questioned is hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilarious
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Do you normally/usually go the movies together? Maybe that's what it is. Whenever I go to the movies it's with my husband, it's one of our date night things. It has literally been years since I've gone to the movies with a friend or group of friends. But my husband would not go to Magic Mike with me LOL. I can't say I blame him, I would be uncomfortable too going to see a movie with him about a bunch of female strippers.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    LMAO for real? The movie itself actually looks kind of cool, shirtless dudes aside. The fact that a man can't offer to take you to it without his sexuality being questioned is hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilarious

I know right? Because men are only allowed to enjoy sports and beer and half naked women washing cars! :laugh:
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

That's exactly what I was thinking!
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry unless he decides to go with a man friend on a man date at the last minute.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options

I know right? Because men are only allowed to enjoy sports and beer and half naked women washing cars! :laugh:

Is there anything else in the world? :ohwell:
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

this ^^
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I saw it yesterday and honestly there was a row of guys behind us watching it but I think they were #2, possibly #3.

But there were also plenty of couples watching it together. :smile:

I would think you are right that he is going with a mix of A & C.
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    First of all, there are half naked women in the movie too, they just aren't advertising that. Second, he probably just wants to see what all the hoopla is about. Check out his "competition". I don't see anything wrong with him going, but personally I think you'd have more fun if he did NOT. Enjoy!

I was going to say this same thing myself. He's probably wondering what all the hype is, or he finds it exciting to watch all the women get all excited watching the men on screen.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options

Get outta my head!! The only thing you left out is bacon!
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband is a movie buff and puts a lot of stock in reviews. Apparently Magic Mike has a good director and has been getting rave reviews so now he is curious lol. I'm going to see it next weekend with some girlfriends so he said maybe he'll watch it with me when it comes out on DVD.

My husband works in the TV business and he also said the reviews are really impressive. He said maybe he'd see it on DVD but wouldn't step foot in the theater with all the crazy ladies!