Hubby wants to see Magic Mike, should I be worried??

Options

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i'd go if my wife asked me to. but she hasn't and hasn't shown any desire to see it.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I think it's ridiculous to be worrying that your man is interested in half naked men because he will watch it with you. How many films do we watch with completely nude women all the time and nobody is labeling all the women who see it lesbian or bisexual. I really get tired of the homophobia towards men in general. Maybe he is just being nice and offering to take you to see it. Period.
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to go with your hubby. I'll go with him. Mind if we go for drinks afterwards?

Also what steve1686 said.

Lol
  • hungrybunni
    hungrybunni Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well read the first lot on the wall, really made me chuckle. It's only just been advertised over here, my hubby looked horrified! I'm going to drum up a gang of girls and go......
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    nah.

I'm not sure I would offer to see it with a girlfriend (if I had one), but I wouldn't be embarrassed to see it. It also sounds like he offered explicitly in response to your disappointment at not seeing it with your girlfriends. The dancing looks pretty kickass. The prospect of seeing half-naked women on-screen and being surrounded by worked up women in RL is also alluring.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I am just now seeing your strip club comment. I also see this all the time around here. The men wanna drag the girls to strip clubs where the entertainment is obvioius. A good number of women oblige them. There are no male strip clubs around here. Do you really think the men would be as kind to return the favor if there were. Noooooo....because magically they would all be gay if they did. Once again I say Ridiculous!
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1. watch magic mike with wife
    2. wife gets all worked up for channing tatum for 2 hours
    3. she is forced to settle for you at the end of the night anyway
    4. oh well, guaranteed sex

LOL

I saw it with a bunch of girlfriends and there were a few boyfriends dragged with their girlfriends and surprisingly saw lots of groups of men, who not surprisingly also appeared to be gay.

My hubby was waiting for me at the end of the night :)
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    Personally if youre into hot Channing Tatum, go watch this. If my hubby wanted to see Magic Mike, I will be more than happy to purchase tickets for him and who ever hed like to take, but i went with my crazy ladies..

Scene 1: Channing Tatum gets up from his bed, freaking naked. I need hubby later, not right now! Right now I want to inhale Magic Mike mmmm.

Scene 2: no f@ucking clue, im still on scene 1

ITS FUN WITH THE LADIES!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    So Friday night my hubs offered to go to see Magic Mike with me, and I just kinda looked at him funny and was in shock. So what should I think,

A) He's a great husband and will do anything to make me happy
    B) He will enjoy watching half naked men
    C) He wants to watch and to learn some new moves

Personally I'm going with A... and kinda hope there's some part of the c mixed in also. :wink: Who went and seen it over the weekend?? We actually didn't end up going, our night out turned into going to Menards and buying a fence for our pool. hahaha Yeah, that was much more exciting. :laugh:

I want to see it. But just for the dancing.....and Channing Tatum.....I mean just for the dancing.....
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    He offered because of answer A. It probably wasn't geniune, but you bought it and ended up going to Menards to buy home improvement stuff. WIN FOR THE HUSBAND!
  • LuluC13
    LuluC13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have the recreational funds to do so, see it alone or preferably with your girlfriends or sisters, then ask if he still wants to go and accompany him. The theater I went to was crowded with chicks who were wound so tight they were screaming and clapping at a man's bare a** AND a woman's bar chest only 3 min into the movie!

However, if you don't want to spend the money twice, just go with your girlfriends and promise him he can be your Channing Tatum later...:love: But if he insists he still wants to see it, promise you'll watch it with him on DVD later. If he still wants to see it, ask him why because I'm thinking he's just intensely curious over what all the hubbub is about and wants to know if you go ga-ga over the strippers like most ladies watching the film did. If I would have went with my boyfriend, I would have reacted to the really hot scenes the same way, with a little "Ooh!", but I would have felt more embarrassed that the other members of my sex forgot that it WASN'T an Strip Club and had to carry on yelling out blatant sexual innuendos through the whole movie.
  • MrsJaimeW
    MrsJaimeW Posts: 54
    Options

Yes, and this is why my husband went with me. Because he wanted to make me happy.... and he loves coming home with a happy wife :)
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    And here I was thinking I was weird because I don't want to see it and don't think any of the men in the movie are hot.... LOL

Good luck finding the answer's you want.. go with your gut though!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    My husband took me to see it... nothing wrong with that - really could have been a silent movie cuz the plot or lack there of sucked...
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My very straight male friends went to go see it and actually said it is an excellent movie. SO maybe a and c....maybe he heard it is a good movie?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Magic Mike is no movie for a real man.
    Elephants will roost in trees before I would see such a silly movie like that. My wife can see that while I have some real fun a few screens over watching manly and macho Prometheus...:drinker:
    ....with my boyfriend....lol
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'll go with choice A. Last night when I got home from work, my boyfriend surprised me by taking me to go see Magic Mike. Originally when I mentioned it to him--he told me to go see it with my girlfriends, but since I've been having a pretty couple of stressful days, he just wanted to do something nice for me. He was uncomfortable in certain scenes, but he sat beside me like a solider through it all while of course a swarm of women around us we're giggling their heads off, but it just made me love him even more.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I saw guys in the theatre with their significant others. He's probably just curious to see what the big hype is with the movie
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    No way that my husband would watch Magic Mike...at the theater. He asked a lot of questions about the movie when I went to see it, so I'm sure he'd watch it at home. :wink: