Hubby wants to see Magic Mike, should I be worried??

Options

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Plenty of women go to strip clubs and hooters, etc - so how is that any different from a man seeing magic mike? dont have a double standard ppl.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    What/who is Magic Mike?

:noway: So disappointed...lol You have to meet Magic Mike:

magic-mike.jpg
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I got an email about Magic Mike tickets being available, and I thought it was some sort of kid's show.

I was happier thinking that actually.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I told my wife I'd go see it with her if she wanted ....... i dont care
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    My husband refused to go...talking about having to pull his man card. And he is always going to watch movies to make me happy. He even goes and sees the twilights with me with no complaining.....I went it really wasnt that good anyways and I love Channing tatum he wasn't bad AT ALL in this movie but everyone else was....in my opinion anyways. But honestly if my husband offered I would be worried because he's either MAJORLY in the dog house (which he even said he wouldn't go to make it up lol) or he is questionable..
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My husband was willing to go with me- who cares? Are you honestly worried he's gay? Don't you think that would have come "up" by now??

As others have pointed out, there's more female nudity, and there actually is a story line.

Geez.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    What/who is Magic Mike?

:noway: So disappointed...lol You have to meet Magic Mike:

magic-mike.jpg

oh dayumm ;)
    haha. btw i live on the other side of the world and it takes us an extra 6-12 months for movies to come out here which are out in america
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    What/who is Magic Mike?

I sometimes call it Mike and some consider it magic.
  • caitles14
    caitles14 Posts: 89
    Options
    Haha I wouldn't be worried at all. My fiance and his friends all wanna see it because it looks funny and they joke about having a "man crush" on Matthew McConahey. I wanna see it because of Channing Tatum, obviously! Seems like a win-win situation to me. Relax people, it's just a movie.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    This can't possibly be real. :huh:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Here's the lowdown. I'm allowed to tell you this, because I'm a brit which means I wasn't raised with all the homophobe crap that most American guys are raised with. A guy - I mean a genuine, secure in his sexuality guy - can watch half naked men and even appreciate their bodies without feeling sexual attraction to them. Your hubby is probably just wanting to take you to see the movie because he thinks you'll enjoy it and maybe it will turn you on and he'll get a bit of extra bedtime fun that evening.

Or maybe he's bi... but he's with you anyway, so you shouldn't be worried.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My guess is that hubby is either aroused by, or humored at seeing you get all 'hot and bothered'. I know my hubby loves it to know that I'm aroused. I doubt it's anything to worry about. unless you've had any thought in the past that he may have an interest in men.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Saw it. There was some female nude scenes as well, maybe he heard about those?

the story line was blah but i got what i wanted, and that was to see channing tatum grind his hips all over the place.

his past as a stripper paid off.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    1. watch magic mike with wife
    2. wife gets all worked up for channing tatum for 2 hours
    3. she is forced to settle for you at the end of the night anyway
    4. oh well, guaranteed sex

Modified the plan a bit..

1. Sent wife to see Magic Mike with her friends.
    2. Wife gets all worked up for Canning Tatum for 2 hours
    3. Wife and friends talk about what they would do to said actor if they had him alone
    4. Wife comes home and rips my clothes off. :smokin:

the plus side to this plan is I get a quiet couple hours to catch up my my "Lost Girl" episodes on SyFy, :drinker:
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    1. watch magic mike with wife
    2. wife gets all worked up for channing tatum for 2 hours
    3. she is forced to settle for you at the end of the night anyway
    4. oh well, guaranteed sex

THIS!!! Just have a fun night!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Modified the plan a bit..

1. Sent wife to see Magic Mike with her friends.
    2. Wife gets all worked up for Canning Tatum for 2 hours
    3. Wife and friends talk about what they would do to said actor if they had him alone
    4. Wife comes home and rips my clothes off. :smokin:

the plus side to this plan is I get a quiet couple hours to catch up my my "Lost Girl" episodes on SyFy, :drinker:
    [/quote]

There you go...It's a win/win!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    B) He will enjoy watching half naked men

Question.....when ordering pizza does he insist on extra sausage?
  • Glovesave3373
    Glovesave3373 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    or D..... He wants to go with you in support, but also becaue he knows, or hopes it will get you excited... and then HE BECOMES MAGIC MIKE FOR ONE NIGHT.... ;)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't sweat it. My hubby said he'd come with me if I wanted. No, he doesn't want to see the man meat. I just think he wishes he was a stripper, lol. It's the whole 'lots of hot women and money' concept. :laugh:
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I went and saw the movie this weekend. There were other men in the theater with their women. You have nothing to worry about. To go along with answer A, he is probably willing to go with you because he is secure enough with himself.