Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies ~ Today started with STS Disc 7/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps and after work tonight I am going to get in a Peloton ride! DH made us dinner last night … his homemade spaghetti that he makes while he is gone every fishing season. It was great to have a nice dinner made for me. Always love that. He said he is really trying to make an effort to help out more with the cooking since being back. :) I didn't say a word.

Laurie: Sounds like you had a wonderful dinner too! YUM. Way to go with your LITE Cardio Party + abs. I forgot to say how awesome it is that your DH has lost that much weight! Good for him, WOW!! Hopefully your weather is not awful and your roads stay safe. DH is leaving for a weekend (next weekend) it will be my chance to watch some good Hallmark Christmas movies! YAY love those.

Laurel: Awesome job again today! What a great combo ….. that extra cardio add on is tough! Way to go. I would have been happy w/ the weights and abs with the way things seem to go for me these days and my workouts! LOL OMG, no worries on the rotation! I am happy to have you helping me with a format to follow. I will plan on STS for Sun as well unless I hear differently. I love that your yarn and Christmas movies are both coming out next week after finishing a scary Stephen King book.

Hi Thelma :)

Have a great evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow …. Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Well, I survived the confirmation party. To say I was stressed last week was an understatement! I ended up taking a 1/2 day Friday and spent all day cooking and cleaning. I slept nearly 12 hours Friday night and was rushed getting to the church, so was kind of a hot mess all day. But, everything went well, we had great food, and I managed to keep everything gluten free and cross contamination free for all the celiac disease family members!

I ended up taking off a couple days of workouts to try to get everything ready, so I did a double Sunday and finished my Cathe rotation. New one started Monday, and I'm loving it!

Thelma, sounds like the appt was a mix of good/not as good. Hopefully the fasting food plan will help enough that you don't have to drop to 2 meals a day. It's amazing what the body can do when you work on healing it! I'm saying a prayer you continue moving in the right direction and can get back to a more normal eating routine soon!

Laurie, we got our first round of snow last night...2" and of course there were accidents galore. My son made it safely to school and our new pup loved the first time seeing snow, so I'd say it went over ok in our household!

Tami, sounds like work is keep you busy and wowsa on the class attendance. I'm never sure if it's a good thing if it's really busy or not!!

Laurel, the yard work makes me think of warmer weather...which I miss. I love snow, but not cold. I told someone today if it could be the warmth of Arizona but snow, I'd be really happy!

Well, have a great rest of the week. I'm headed out for a girls night tomorrow night and the boys are off school Friday so I'll be trying to work and hang with them at the same time!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Sculpting fusion today. I just noticed that after I typed my post on notepad last night I didn't post it and I deleted it! BUMMER!
    My carrot cake came out pretty good. What a relief!

Laurie, great workouts! Sounds like you had a great time with your friends!
    I LOVE those bibs! You are really creative and sooo talented!

Laurel, awesome workouts!
    I hope my aunt loves Blue Ridge. I hope she falls in love with the house too. I can see how you're still enjoying the fall colors because it is warmer there. We went to the town south of BR today and they still had beautiful red and yellow leaves! They're only 20-30 minutes from here!
    I can't believe it's been one year since you moved to Huntsville! Congratulations! Fall here is really nice, glad you're enjoying it!

Tami, so glad you had a nice weekend with family and your VB friends! Congrats on your VB wins! That BC class sounds like another killer class! WTG!! How sweet of your DH to make you dinner!!

DH and I always have a great time. We are really loving life here.

Erika, I'm so glad you survived the confirmation party! I don't know how some women are so good at throwing parties. I stress as much as you do. I always underestimate how long things take too.
    You had the added stress of cooking gluten-free! OMG! You're amazing!
    Congrats on finishing up another Cathe rotation!

My ENT appointment was disappointing, to say the least. I still feel pressure in my right ear but the intermediate fasting thing is helping with my GERD a lot. I think I could do two meals if I have two big meals. Today I basically had two meals. I think I'll start having oatmeal for breakfast more often because it really keeps me full for a long time. We had a big lunch at about 2 PM and I had an apple at about 4 pm and I was OK.
    It really is amazing what the body can do when you're working on healing it. Of course, being scared to lose my hearing is a big motivator! Thank you so much for that prayer. I really, really appreciate it!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Forgot my computer at home since I had to leave work yesterday because WE Energies had two transformers that blew up. Our plant was in the mix of 11K that where without power, and they didn't know when the power would get back up, so they sent us home. We have really cold temps right now, and about a couple of inches of snow.

This morning my workout was LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower.

Laurel, All your workouts sound great! Sounds like there where a lot of issues yesterday with servers and of course electricity. We had a few accidents yesterday, and one was a fatality. The icing up was the biggest problem with the weather yesterday. I can't read King novels anymore, I read one that was really weird and have never read another one. Glad to hear that your yarn will venture out soon. :D

Tami, Nice that your DH had dinner ready when you got home. I know that I will never have that happen, unless it is grilled cheese. :D Great job on your workouts. If I watch my Hallmark movies, DH heads down in the basement and works on his car. So I will watch them at least two nights during the workweek.

Erika, Great job with getting your rotation done, and starting up a new one. I hear you on the getting ready for parties. Now that you have that one under your belt, all the others should be easier. ;) I can't even imagine all the hoops you had to go through to give everyone something that they could eat. We had our fair share of accidents around here, it was crazy. Glad to hear that your DS made it to school okay on his first snow trip. I'm sure you where sitting on pins and needles wait to hear back from him though.

Thelma, Nice job on your fusion workout. Glad to hear that the cake turn out okay. Hopefully with continuing with the IF eating, your ear problem will be corrected. Thanks for the kudos on the bibs, they where super fun to make.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did Cathe’s live workout with her today, and it was a super fun one. With a title like ‘Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing’, it had to be fun! :D Really good 50+ minute kickboxing routine that was moderately intense. What I really liked about this one was she did a great job of going from high impact to kicking/punching drills so it didn’t seem like endless impact. I think this one will find its way into my schedule quite often. :) I followed it with LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body and Six Pack Abs 1. Good stuff.

Tami, great workout! How nice of your DH to cook. I know Laurie said that wouldn’t happen in her house unless it was grilled cheese. Mine would be the same, minus the ‘grilled’ part. :D Actually, my DH can cook. He just doesn’t do it. And, for whatever reason lately, I have no interest in cooking or meal planning or anything like that. Usually this time of year I start wanting to make some lasagnas or chili or something but I am kind of like.....tacos are good five nights a week, right? ;) It’s not quite that bad......mostly. :p Anyhow, I am looking forward to some Christmas movies next week for sure. We even have a snow flake in our forecast, though I don’t expect to see any. But it’s kind of fun to think about it this time of year.

Erika, I am so glad the confirmation went well. I would have been stressed beyond all reason if I had to do gluten-free for a lot of people. My sister is gluten-free, and having her as a guest always has me nervous. I am always so afraid I am going to make her feel bad! So good job managing that. I am glad it turned out well. I love your description of Arizona temps with snow!! My ideal would be Florida temps every weekend of the year with Colorado night time temps year round. And for week days....I’ll go with Virginia. Four solid seasons, about five inches of snow a year, beautiful autumn and springs with the hot, steamy summer I love. Sad thing is.....there is no place like that on the planet! :p Glad you are enjoying your new rotation.

Thelma, great workout! I am glad your carrot cake turned out well. Well, somebody definitely flipped the switch on seasons during the middle of the night last night. I woke up to a yard absolutely covered in leaves and still so many falling. And there was just the gentlest of breezes! :o So I know what I am doing this weekend. But the colors are also very pretty right now. Are you predicted to have snow next Tuesday? I don’t know if this cold front is reaching you. But, if so, be ready to be entertained by what may be your first southern snow forecast. :D Panic will ensue. :D:D:D

Laurie, another great workout. I really go back and forth whether I enjoy those Stacked Sets or the Pyramid Pump workouts more. They are both SO good! I am sorry to hear about the power outage. That’s a big one. I am glad they sent you home, though. Like you, I gave up reading Stephen King for about ten years about 20 years ago. Even now, I rarely read him. But since this book is about the boy from The Shining, I wanted to read it. Being from Colorado and spending most of our summer vacations growing up in Estes Park, where King first started writing The Shining after staying in the Stanley Hotel there, I feel a certain affinity towards that book. And this one, while weird, is actually a pretty good one. I don’t find it gratuitously gross like I have some of his others. But it certainly isn’t Christmas reading! :o

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I did get in my Peloton ride last night “Tabata – 45 min.” which is always tough but a favorite forsure!
    This a.m. was STS Back/Tris.

Thelma: So nice to hear you had a great weekend and your carrot cake turned out! YAY. I knew it would. It is so awesome to know that you are loving your life there ….. after all the stress and anxiety your old job caused and then the move, it is all paying off now. I am sorry to hear about the pressure in your right ear, hopefully they will be able to find some help there. It is amazing what nutrition and food timing can do for your body. I have oatmeal almost every day. I do “overnight oats” and have them late in the a.m. at work. LOVE this meal and always feels so nutritious and filling.

Laurie: Yikes on the power outage. Glad you were all able to leave early. That is hilarious about the grilled cheese! LOL My DH is definitely a good cook, he just “lets” me do the cooking I think. Falls into that habit of me doing all the cooking, but mentioned he would like to help out more …… so we will see. I wondered how your weather was doing after hearing the news this a.m. with the “arctic blast” happening. BRRRRR. Way to get in your LITE Lower Body workout this a.m. another great one! OMG, if I tried to turn the TV to the Hallmark channel while DH was home he would be out of that room so fast my head would spin. He calls them after school specials. LOL Those are when he is gone or I just head to the bedroom and snuggle up on my bed to watch one.

Laurel: That workout sounds like a lot of fun! Nicely done with the Pyramid Lower & Abs add on. WOWSA. Way to work. That is funny about your DH … I am in a little shock right now that mine is wanting to help out. Not in a bad way, in a good way that he is trying forsure! LOL I go through phases like that forsure where I just don’t want to think about what to eat or plan on what to have. I think it is very normal. Comfort food … probably because everywhere you look it is being advertised or promoted due to “winter”.

Have a great evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workout today was a Jessica Smith low impact workout.
    I'm in deep cleaning mode and I will hopefully finish tomorrow.

We got some heavy rain earlier tonight. It was also very windy. Cooler temps starting tomorrow. Just on time for my aunt's arrival!

Laurie, great workout! sorry about the power outage and forgetting your computer at home. I hope you didn't get too much snow.
    I also home that this IF method helps my ears recover.

Laurel, great workout combo!
    It was raining leaves here today too! I know you'll be raking leaves this weekend!
    Our driveway was covered in leaves this morning. We got some heavy rain tonight and the wind was really strong. I can't imagine how our driveway will look tomorrow morning. We are getting more rain tomorrow too.
    Last week my weather app was predicting snow for next Tuesday. Today it predicts temps in the 40's during the day. I bet everything will be closed over there on Monday in preparation for the snow! School will probably be cancelled on Sunday. That's how it's done here. if you get snow and black ice, don't leave your house until the black ice is gone. I hear it gets really slippery around here. Panic will ensue for sure!

Tami, great workouts!!!
    Thanks for having faith in me about the cake! LOL
    It's amazing how wonderful like is here for us. DH will start traveling for work soon, so life won't be as fun. Not happy about this but a job is a job.
    I hope my ear gets better. It really is amazing what nutrition and food timing can do for our bodies. I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast years ago and I think I'm going to start doing it again.
    I used to make oatmeal in the crockpot on Sundays and I'd store it in single-serve containers in the refrigerator.
    Do you warm up the overnight oats before you eat them?

Goodnight and have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm sure glad that it is Friday, even though the morning temperature was 16! :p It should warm up into the 40's tomorrow. This morning was LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body + Six Pack Abs.

Laurel, Another great combo of workouts! That kickboxing one has a very nice title, and who wouldn't love me some kickboxing. LOL about the grilled cheese without the grilled. :D I hear you on the meal planning, it gets more and more difficult to do. I would be right with you on taco's every night. I love tacos. ;) I did make some chili the other day, and it sure tasted great in these cold temps. I was just looking at some chicken chili for next week. I will never read that book so you will have to let me know how this follow-up Shinning ends. ;) I have been eyeing up my puzzles, so those will probably get pulled out before Christmas. I think the Stacked Sets and Pyramid compliment each other, they both hit the muscles in different ways.

Tami, Nice that you where able to get your tabata workout in, and great job on the weight work. I hope that the cooking trend continues, it is hard to come up with dinner ideas everyday that is for sure. So if someone else is willing to take that over, I would be all for it. Maybe I should have one day of grilled cheese and tomato soup scheduled. :D If I went upstairs to snuggle in my bed and watch the Christmas movies, I would probably fall asleep. This arctic blast can go away, we never had a chance to have fall. :s

Thelma, Great job on your Jessica workout, and of course doing the deep clean. I hope that your Aunt has a great time. I'm sure it will be quite different from what she is used to when visiting with you. Only a couple of inches of snow for us. I'm sure that you and your DH are happy that you won't have to deal with heaps of snow this year. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body, and I went as heavy as I could. Yowza! But it felt good to challenge myself. I followed it with a 45 minute HiiT and Hills Ride from Peloton which was about as good as a super challenging spin class can get. Not as fun as some I’ve done, but the challenge was excellent and it flew by. Looking forward to more of those.

Tami, great workout! As I mentioned above, I did Ally’s 45 minute HiiT and Hills today. I don’t know if you have done it yet, but I highly recommend it. Loved the variety of challenges in it. Looking forward to more of those for sure. DH was really good about doing some cooking on the weekend when we were in Alaska because I need a break some times and, up there, healthy restaurants just weren’t really an option except for special occasions because of the cost. But here.....not so much. And now his job is beginning to get overwhelming with travel and weekend work. I can hardly get on his case for not cooking when we is hardly home! But, still, cooking just has never been something I have particularly enjoyed. But I am not a particularly enthusiastic eater either, so I suppose that goes together. :) And, btw, my MIL called last night and there whole move is a mess. :# But I am going to press on as I mentioned the other day with Meso 1/4DS through Thanksgiving and then take it from there. Both DH and I are still hoping to get them moved that first week or weekend in December.

Thelma, great workout! Wow, we didn’t have any of that weather you did. We had some rain but no wind. But my yard is completely covered in leaves! :o I am headed out this afternoon to try to take care of part of it. And still so many leaves in the trees. :o Our forecast for snow has been removed as well. I don’t think it is going to be nearly as cold as they predicted either. I hope your aunt arrives safely. Good job with the deep cleaning. I have been doing some of that these last few weeks as well. Always feels good when it gets done.

Laurie, great workout! That’s a cold temperature. Seems so early in the year for that kind of cold, but I guess it really isn’t anymore. I think one of the many reasons I have troubles with meal planning is my DH is, without a doubt, the easiest human being to cook for. Honestly, I could serve him sandwiches every night and by about the eighth night he might want something different. :D Whenever I ask him what he would like, he more often than not mentions the meal we just had! So while that takes all pressure off me, he also isn’t any help when it comes to planning meals. But I will take that every day over a picky eater. I did talk myself into making some chili next week for our cold day. I love that meal because it makes for a lot of left overs too! :p

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'll be doing short, low impact workouts at home for the next two weeks. Jessica Smith will be my go-to instructor. I did a low impact workout today.
    My aunt arrived safely and on time on Saturday night. she is in love with our house. She said pictures don't do it justice.

We've had beautiful, sunny days in the last two days. Rain tonight, snow early tomorrow morning and then temps in the 20's and 30's the rest of the week!
    Schools already called a 2-hour delay for tomorrow morning. I wonder if we'll have black ice. If that's the case I'm not leaving the house till it melts, that's the advice we've been given here.

Laurie, great job with that LITE workout! You did have cold temps on Friday! I think we will drop into the high teens one night this week.
    So far my aunt is having a good time. It really is different here. Everywhere I went to with her today, we ran into someone I knew and we were greeted with hugs. THAT never happened in MA! LOL

DH and I are really happy about not having to deal with lots of snow.

Laurel, great workout combos! Congrats on going as heavy as you could with the pyramid workout!

I was telling DH about the fact that we hardly have any leaves on our driveway. He says it's because the wind blows them away. We had one maple tree in our driveway in MA that when the leaves fell the entire driveway would be covered in leaves. It was like a sea of leaves. Snow and cold temps are back in our forecast. What about you?
    Since we actually have people who visit us here, I keep the house clean always. Deep cleanings are not as hard as the one I had to do in MA before we sold the house.
    I hope you were able to rake those leaves and complete your deep cleaning.

Hi Tami!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I had the day off yesterday, so didn't post. My weekend was cold and snowy, and I got a lot of sewing done. No workout on Saturday or Sunday, and yesterday was LITE Body Weight & Bands. This morning was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body + Bonus Abs.

I'm officially ready to get a new tooth made for my implant. Went to the oral surgeon yesterday, and he said everything was great. I hope I can get this done before the end of the year, because the dental coverage I had here at work is no longer available if I don't have health insurance coverage through work. Kind of a bummer, because my teeth are horrible. DH's dental coverage doesn't cover as much.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts. Got to love those Pyramid workouts, they can be challenging if you use the right weights. This morning I'm wearing a sweater that I knitted. Since it is in the single digits, it seemed like the right thing to wear. I'm a lot like your DH and can eat the same thing day after day. DH on the other hand likes variety, so it can get difficult some days. Sorry to hear about the in laws move being hosed up. I hope it all gets straightened out before you start to move them.

Thelma, Great job on with the Jessica workouts. Glad to hear that your Aunt arrived safe, and that she loves the house. I hope that you survive the winter weather, and don't have that black ice. :s Your experience with meeting people, and the hugging is wonderful. It just makes moving into that area feel like home I'm sure.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My weekend was very quiet. DH had to work all weekend and long days at that, so I raked leaves, cleaned, watched some Christmas movies, went grocery shopping, practiced baking some biscuits (new recipe), read.....and worked out. :) My workouts this weekend: Saturday was a 20 minute Jessica Smith Standing Pilates Fusion Ab routine into a 45 minute yoga routine with Kristin McGee on Peloton. Sunday was STS Disc 12/Legs followed by Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Plus Core. Yesterday was STS Disc 10/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps followed by Cathe Live IMAX Live. And today was a 60 spin ride from Peloton followed by Kristin McGee’s Total Body Pilates from YouTube.

Thelma, so glad your aunt arrived safely and didn’t experience any delays this time. Glad she loves the house and is probably falling in love with the community seeing how warm and welcoming everybody is. I don’t know about you but we have the very slightest little bit of snow today. :o It only shows up in the garden areas and on the roofs of the houses.....but it is there. I am sure down in the valley there isn’t anything though. Unfortunately this cold front brought a lot of wind and my yard is more covered with leaves than last week.....and I just raked!! Oh well. I am determined to enjoy it because they are really taking trees down now around us as they prepare the lots for building.....and I am going to miss those trees. :'( Of course, we knew this when we bought but it is still hard for me to see all those trees cleared out. Sounds like you have a great workout plan for your aunt’s visit.

Laurie, sounds like a nice way to spend a cold, snowy weekend. Glad to here you are approved for the new implant. Definitely hope they can do that quickly. Great workouts! We are in the 20s here, so sweater weather for these parts too! I’ve got my chili cooking in the crock pot now, so that will make the house smell nice all day. Of course, our national weather service people are warning everybody about hypothermia, which I think may be a little much! I don’t think I will every quite get used to the winter panic down here. Looks like my in-laws are all set to move, barring any further upsets. I will be so glad when we get them safely relocated for sure. This has been quite a roller coaster of a year for them with this.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did a Leslie Sansone low impact workout today.
    We had really cold temps today! We had rain all night, strong winds, sleet, snow, and very cold temps this morning. It is still windy and very cold tonight. Temps will drop into the high teens tonight and will eventually warm up into the low 40's tomorrow.

Our friends have invited us on a road trip to TN and NC to see/drive the Cherohala Skyway. I love this kind of trip. We're not sure if we'll go because DH has a meeting in the morning. If he can't reschedule the meeting we won't go.
    http://www.cherohala.org/

Laurie, glad you were able to get a low of sewing done during that cold and snowy weekend! Great job with your workouts too!
    I hope you can get the tooth made before the end of the year too. Will you be switching to your husband's health plan or is it that your job will not offer healthcare plans anymore?

Thank God we didn't get rid of our winter gear because we will need it here. Thankfully we didn't have any black ice but the dusting of snow on our deck was totally frozen and slippery.
    The warm, welcoming people really make this place feel like home.

Laurel, you sure kept yourself busy this past weekend! Wonderful workouts too!
    I've never made biscuits but one of our favorite breakfast places makes the best biscuits. I had tried biscuits and gravy once and I hated it but we tried it yesterday at this place and it was delicious.
    My aunt is really loving Blue Ridge and its people. She'll get to meet our best friend and his wife tomorrow.
    We also had a little dusting of snow. It didn't stick too much here but other neighboring towns had more snow. I don't know if it's because we're at a high elevation and it's super windy here.
    We actually were able to see the GA mountains (through our binoculars) this afternoon when the clouds cleared up and they had snow.
    Sorry about those leaves and the trees being cut down! It must be really sad to see those beautiful trees cleared out.

Hi Tami!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was another cold one, and we are suppose to get more snow later this afternoon. My workout was LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower. <3 I have an appointment with my dentist this afternoon to get the process started for a new tooth, it takes about two weeks to have the new one made.

Laurel, Great job on all the workouts! I love the sound of your weekend, and I'm glad that the weather cooperated for you to get the leaves raked. We still have trees around here that have leaves still on them, and the snow is getting covered with leaves. Going to work the streets still have piles of leaves that the city didn't have a chance to pick up. Did your DH have a chance to do any Veteran's Day activities, it sounds like he had a busy weekend? By the way thank him for his service. I hope your biscuits turned out delicious, and where a great compliment to your chili. LOL about the hypothermia. Guess if you go outside without adequate protection and out for a very very long time, then you might suffer from that. :D Glad to hear that the moving process is back on track.

Thelma, Nice job with the Leslie workout. We where lucky and didn't have to deal with that horrible ice since it was cold. That drive looks like a lot of fun, and very pretty. Hope that you are able to go, but if not it is something to look forward to in the future. I have been on my DH's health plan, but my employer offered dental and vision so I paid for that. This next year I have to be on my employer health plan to have dental and vision. The cost is way more than what we pay on DH's plan. It is unfortunate.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Headed out to my hair appointment soon so this will be quick. I am hoping it warms up a bit while I am gone so I can try to rake some this afternoon. But it is cold for here.....it was 17 when I got up. So we still have patches of ice, and raking that may not be fun. :# There is always tomorrow I suppose. Anyhow, for my workout this morning, I did STS Disc 11/Back and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Cardio Fusion. I was happy to do Meso 1.....and happy to put it back on the shelf today as well. :) Looking forward to 4DS for the next couple of weeks for sure.

Thelma, great workout. Sounds like your weather was a little rougher than ours as we didn’t have high winds. It was breezy all day, though, which made it feel uncomfortably chilly out. But it is bright and sunny today, though we are supposed to stay pretty cool for the next several days. Hope you get a chance to go on that driving trip! I am glad your aunt is enjoying her visit. I am not a biscuit eater very often, but I have been experimenting around with some baking recipes this fall, and this biscuit recipe called for layering the dough (rolling, folding, rolling, folding, rolling etc) like they do with croissants to get that light, flaky texture. I have never done that. It was kind of a pain to do.....but they were good! I will only do them for special meals, though, because of the work involved....and the fact I try to shy away from things like biscuits too often.

Laurie, great workout! This cold spell really has covered almost the entire nation. I hope you don’t get too much snow. I don’t think we’ll see the last leaf fall for another month if I go based on last year. But I am surprised you still have some on the trees up there! :o Thank you for thinking about my DH on Veteran’s Day. No, there was no celebration for him this year, unfortunately. I was at least hoping to take him to dinner this last weekend, but no go with his work sadly. But, again, thank you for thinking of him. And the biscuits were perfect with the chili! DH didn’t really speak the entire meal last night until he put his spoon down, looked at me and said ‘that was good!’ Made me smile. :)

Must run! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry for the MIA! I had Monday OFF, which was FABULOUS. DH even took me out to lunch to our favorite Sushi place. <3 Things are good. I had a really nice 3-day weekend. Absolutely love having that extra day. Was able to get in some great workouts, went a little off schedule but it felt good. Friday after work I did the Peloton Ride Laurel and I were talking about “Hiit & Hills” and loved it! Saturday was LITE PHA 2 (Xtreme pre-mix), Sunday was KCM Strength and Stamina (workouts #1 & #2 combined) + Peloton ride, Monday was a Peloton ride and yesterday was BootCamp. Today is STS Chest/Shoulders/Bi’s.

Laurie: Hang in there with your cold temps and snow. BRRRR, looks like you guys are in it now for winter weather. Your weekend sounds perfect with all that cold weather. Excellent job on the workouts! Love that you are still doing the S&S . I bet you are anxious to get that tooth taken care of along with the dental coverage through the end of the year.

Laurel: I wanted to get on here Monday and tell you the same thing that Laurie said …. Thank your DH for his service! I love the gratitude extended on Veteran’s Day but it should really be every single day in my book. So thank him and you for taking such good care of him. <3 Fabulous job on the workouts! As I mentioned above, I went a little off grid so to speak over the weekend. I took advantage of my time and got in a couple I was missing and always enjoy. Your weekend sounds like it was very nice. This weekend will be my Christmas Movie marathon since DH will be gone. Really looking forward to it. Not necessarily a marathon but in the evenings forsure. I love that you are enjoying the Peloton app so much and I really do want to do one of Kristin McGee’s Yoga. You are correct in knowing I would love that Hitt & Hills ride. SO good!

Thelma: Sounds like a great plan for your LI workouts! I know you really enjoy Jessica’s workouts so that should feel great. I’m glad to hear your aunt arrived safely, I bet she absolutely loves your new home. That is so fun she is there. BRRR on your temps as well. Hopefully you get to go on that road trip.

Hope you have a great evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I did a JS low impact HIIT workout today.
    Our trip got canceled because our friend's wife has a really bad cold.
    Our temperature this morning was 15F!! We had a sunny day so temps warmed up into the mid 40's.

Laurie, I hope you didn't get too much snow! Awesome workout! I'm glad you got an appointment to get the process started on the new tooth. I'm sorry about your dental insurance, that is really unfortunate.
    I hope we'll be able to do the skyway drive one of these days.

Laurel, I hope you had a nice hair appointment! Nice workout combo!!
    You had really cold temps too! I hope it warmed up for you as it did for us. I just couldn't believe the winds we had. It was still a little windy during the first half of the morning.
    That biscuit recipe sounds great! It does sound like way too much work. I'm glad you liked them after all that work!

Tami, I'm so glad you had a nice, long weekend! How sweet of your DH to take you out to lunch! Great workouts! Good job!
    I'm thankful for JS short workouts now that my aunt is here. She gets up way too early for me to be able to get in longer workouts.
    No road trip this time. I'm glad our friend decided to stay home instead of sharing her cold with us.

Goodnight Ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE Rev'd Up Rumble! <3 It will be three weeks before my new tooth is ready, and I have my appointment scheduled. They where surprised that I got this all going so quickly, but I can't afford to wait around. :D Didn't get all that much snow, and now the temps are up into the 20's, and they said that we should be in the 40's next week. Back to normal November temps for us.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! Hope your temps warmed up a little more, and that your hair appointment was relaxing. Speaking of hair, my dd had a client that we new from our faire days. Not one of my favorite people. The client didn't realize that dd was her stylist until she arrived. Of course her hair looked gorgeous. I think the leaves are afraid to fall out of the trees, or they are frozen in place. :D I think that your DH probably enjoyed that chili more than going out to eat, and it sounds like it was very tasty by that reaction. ;) I don't make biscuits, but do make bread. Of course the bread never last very long.

Tami, Great job on all the workouts that you where able to get in the past few days. Glad that you where able to enjoy a sushi meal with your DH. Enjoy your Christmas movie marathon. When I'm down in the basement sewing, I have the volume up on the Hallmark channel. :D I can't see the movie, because it is blocked by the stairs. I can certainly hear it though, and since I have seen a majority of them, I don't really need to watch. :D

Thelma, Nice job with the Jessica workout! Sorry to hear about the cancellation of the trip, but I'm sure that you will have another chance to go. I will be happy when we get warmer temperatures and can see some of this snow melt.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did Cathe’s live class with her again today (which seems to be my Thursday habit now). Today’s was Metabolic Mish Mosh, which was a cardio move followed by a metabolic weighted move repeated for about 40 minutes followed by core. It was really good. I followed it with LiTE Stacked Sets Lower Body, which was really good too! :) And, after I post this, I will tackle the leaves. It is still chilly but at least it looks like the ice is gone. If you don’t hear from me tomorrow, it is because a half acre of this killed me. :D

qxzhgviydyix.jpeg

Tami, glad to hear you enjoyed the long weekend. I am so glad you enjoyed that HiiT and Hills ride. I am hoping to do another one tomorrow. Thank you for remembering my DH on Monday as well. I will pass that on to him for sure. Just so you know, I am going to do the 4DS premixes as planned next week but probably go a little off track as well with my other workouts....just for fun. So don’t worry about doing workouts you enjoy.....because I will be doing the same thing. I will try to post the outline for our section next week so it doesn’t get lost in the Thanksgiving shuffle.

Thelma, great workout. Jessica Smith is so good about having short, effective and enjoyable workouts. She really is a gem. I am sorry your trip got canceled. Hopefully you get a chance to do that drive someday. I would love to hear about it. :) We warmed up nicely yesterday, and I probably should have done the raking then. But I just didn’t feel like it when I got home. Sadly, no sunshine today, so it feels pretty chilly out still.

Laurie, great workout! :) Glad to hear it looks like you will get your new tooth in before the end of the year. That can be SO expensive. :o Hopefully your former faire lady appreciated your DDs work. My stylist just moved to a new Ulta location here in Huntsville. This is the second new one that opened here in the last year, so they are expanding. Unfortunately the one she moved to is, literally, on the opposite end of the city. But since we endured Alaska together, and I really like her, I will drive the 45 minutes...because, thankfully, Huntsville just isn’t that big. I pulled out my bread machine this last weekend for the first time in awhile. DH was asking for bread, and that’s how I make it. Kinda cheating, I know. :p So good! I can’t do that too often because those loaves just disappear into my belly.....and then show up on my thighs. :D You made me laugh saying the leaves were afraid to fall like ‘it’s cold and wet down there!’

Off to rake! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I woke at about 2am with a headache, and had a really hard time getting up after that. It doesn't help that the headache still lingered after I actually woke up. Anyway I did manage to get a workout done, and it was Cardio Party. Nothing to stressful. ;) No major plans this weekend, just want to get the two banners I'm currently working on finished, and hopefully the last of the quilting done on my Mom's quilt that she gave me to sew up. Want to get some baking done also, so I have huge plans for the weekend. :D

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and I hope that the leaf raking wasn't to difficult to get done. Yep the tooth can be very expensive, and I'm glad that I had the insurance to take care of the oral surgery portion. I don't blame you for traveling that far to see your stylist, I would do the same thing if my dd went to a different salon. One of the things that I want to make this weekend is bread, so we will see if I have enough time. One of the nice things is that it takes a while to rise, so that will give me time to sew. :D I used to have a bread machine, but it broke and never replaced it.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie