Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm here, plugging away at my Cathe rotation and surviving the fall/winter...or whatever season it is! Getting ready for my oldest son's confirmation this weekend, so we're busy planning the food, pictures, logistics, clothing, etc. I felt like it wouldn't be all that big of a deal to plan, but it's turning out to be a big to-do! I'll be glad when the celebration is underway and we can relax and enjoy!

Thelma, I'm glad to hear the hearing test went well and hoping your ENT visit is informative and goes well. Great job getting the workouts in and glad your dinner party went well too! Yuck on the asian beetles...we must have missed them here with no real warm streak this fall!

Laurie, I'm over here laughing because I happened to have stacked sets the same days you did! Love those workouts! I've noticed that I can't lift heavy barbell weight over my head anymore, so I've been using dumbbells. I'm betting you got some of the rainy weather over the weekend. My oldest and hubby were near Chicago for lacrosse and got rained out Sunday and sent home early. We didn't get snow yet, but we may yet this week.

Laurel, I'm glad the trip to Florida went well. It sounds like it was a productive trip and a nice piece for your home too! Looks like you were also doing the stacked sets workouts...those are so fun! Nice combo with the Peloton and Ellen!

Tami, I hope work is going well! It sounds like you have had some nice Peloton rides! :)

I'm not sure I'll be on again this week, as it's a busy one, but hope to get back on next week. Enjoy your week!

Erika
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were Barre and Walking.
    The ENT visit didn't go as expected. The doctor's interpretation of the test results was different than what the technician said.

There is a minimal hearing loss but I am still well within normal ranges. There is also a little pressure in both ears. I only feel the pressure on my right ear.
    I have to continue the intermediate fasting to allow my stomach to heal. He actually told me that the goal was to eliminate that last meal of the day! OMG! Eating early hasn't been a big deal but eating two meals a day might be a deal-breaker for me. I ate late tonight because I started dinner later than expected but it wasn't a stomach upsetting meal so I'm good.
    I was telling the doctor how tomato-based foods upset my stomach. He said it's not the tomato. Your stomach and throat are irritated.

No medications at this point. He expects the eating schedule diet to help me. The next step would be an MRI or cat scan to see what kind of damage the sinuses have gone through. He said that if there is damage the treatment is surgery. More reason to stick to this eating schedule!

Ladies, tonight's recipe was delicious and easy to make! I didn't use all that oil though. Seemed like too much. I also used skinless chicken.
    https://laughingspatula.com/roasted-lemon-chicken-with-potatoes-and-rosemary/

Laurie, snow already! WOW! Great workouts!
    OMG with those boxelder bugs! I found a humongous bug today and asked the locals on FB to help me identify it. It was a wheel bug. It's some type of assassin bug! It likes to eat ladybugs and of course the Asian ladybeetles, so it's a good bug. These ladybeetles want to come into the house and they get in the door jams too. I found some in my Jeep this morning.

Laurel, great workouts! I am glad you enjoyed Ellen's workout. I really have to try those workouts because they sound really good.
    Some day if you're ever around Blue Ridge, you'll have to try this Barre class. The instructor is awesome and she loves to work us hard.

I can't believe the Asian ladybeetles are protected in AL!! It got too cold for the ladybeetles last night. There were lots of dead bodies all over the deck and the screened porches! Yikes! At least I discovered a bug today that likes to eat them. It was gigantic! It's called Wheel bug.

Erika, so good to hear from you! Good job with Cathe's rotation and congrats on your son's confirmation! I am no Martha Stewart and any party planting is stressful and a lot of work!

Hi Tami!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Rev'd Up Rumble, and I used my weighted gloves. Just love that workout. Guess I should say I love all the workouts. :D

Laurel, Great workouts! I'm waiting for the day I retire, so that I can get in some more stretching workouts in. Our snow was only on the grass, the roads where just fine. They are predicting a lot of snow for us this year, so I guess this is just the beginning of our winter of fun. :D I can't believe that it has already been a year since your move, you are right this year has really flown by. I'm sure it is just because we are getting older also. :p

Erika, Glad to hear that you Cathe rotation is still going strong. LOL about the Stacked Set workouts. They are awesome workouts. I like the barbell, because my hands can get cramps from holding the db's. I really like using the weighted vest with the barbell. That is quite the haul for a lacrosse game, and to bad that they cancelled the game. We had trick or treating on Saturday, and it was pouring. We didn't have that many show up. Can't say that I blame them.

Thelma, Great job on the barre workout. I'm glad to hear that your ears are within the normal range, that has to be a relief. Thanks for the recipe link, it looks really good. I'm sure that you will get used to the IF, and help to heal your stomach. Nice that you found a bug that actually takes care of those beetles, I will have to look that one up just to see what it looks like.

Tami, I hope that you are doing well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 5/Back and Triceps followed by Cathe Live Warrior Kickboxing. Both workouts felt great today. I am toying with doing another week of these STS Meso 1 workouts next week. I had originally planned to move on to two weeks of the 4DS strength workouts, but, for some reason, I am really enjoying these Meso 1 workouts. In all the years I have done STS, I don’t think I can say I have ever enjoyed Meso 1. I endure it. :D But since I am actually enjoying them, I may continue while it lasts.

Erika, great to see you! I hope your son’s confirmation goes well. Like Thelma, I am not a natural party giver, so things like that always stress me out a bit. I have a tendency to over-think everything. B) Glad you are enjoying the workouts. I will be doing the Stacked Sets workouts the next two days. Just love them!

Thelma, interesting news from the doctor. I am glad to hear your hearing is okay. But eating two early meals a day would be pretty difficult for me. I am fine with two meals a day (breakfast and dinner), but if I eat my last meal before about 4:00pm, I don’t sleep well because of being hungry. I hope you can find something that works for you and allows your body to heal.

Laurie, another great workout! I am glad the snow wasn’t too bad. They had about six inches in Denver yesterday with a temperature of 15! That is highly unusual for October. I think both my sisters are going to want to come to Alabama this winter for a break if these keeps up!

Tami, hope you are well. I have been thinking about your sister and her family out in Los Angeles. I hope they aren’t too badly impacted by the fires. Those fires look very scary. Hope all is well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I was filling in for one of our sick gals the last couple days so had a couple busier days, which I loved. Back to my “regular” stuff now though. Weekend was good and workouts were also good.

Saturday: STS Total Body and then later in the day I was able to get in my Peloton ride!
    Sunday: STS Meso #1 – Legs + Volleyball (we won 5 out of 6!)
    Monday: Peloton ride instead of BootCamp. It had snowed really hard that afternoon and DH had left for a meeting so I headed home for Bernie.
    Tuesday: No workout ~ missed my a.m. and DH had the game on last night.
    Today: STS Meso #1 Chest/Shoulders/Tris, watching the game tonight so nothing tonight.

Laurel: Excellent job with your workouts, (as always)! I have been enjoying the STS workouts as well. However, all the push-ups are a killer! LOL Looking forward to Stacked Sets as well. Although I am a little behind you again this week on our rotation so it will probably be Fri/Sat that I do them. It has been a while since I did that one. Thank you for asking about my sister. We were texting and missing each other’s phone calls and finally connected yesterday. They are luckily fine and not near to an evacuation area but the smoke of course is not fun. Her boys have had cxld school and then back to school. Air quality is terrible of course and so many main roads closed for emergency vehicles, etc. UCLA, where she works is being used or some of the space anyway for preparing in case evacuees need somewhere to go. Just super scary. I am very thankful they are not in danger.

Go Nationals!!!!! What a great game last night. :)

Our weather has been very cold at night and we still have a skiff of snow ..... but BRRR on the teens at night and only 30's during the day. :#

Thelma: Way to go with your Barre and Walking … so good you are doing what you enjoy and I am sure your body is loving it too. Your poor stomach, I hope it is helping and you are getting better. That cannot be fun at all. I’m going to look at that recipe, thank you for sharing it. Sounds delicious.

Laurie: Awesome job to you on your workouts too! Glad you enjoyed the Rev’d Up Rumble and still enjoying your S&S rotation of workouts.

Erika: Good luck with your son's confirmation... sounds very busy!

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies! I will forsure be hear again tomorrow.
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Yoga Fundamentals, Beginner gentle yoga and Sculpting Fusion. I was tired after 3 hours of workouts even though the first two hours are gentle workouts.

We've had torrential rain this afternoon, tonight and more to come tomorrow. Halloween activities for tomorrow have been canceled as a result. At least some businesses have agreed to give out candy to the children if parents take them out in the rain.

Laurie, great workout! I loved that you used the weighted gloves!
    I was so relieved when the doctor told me my hearing is well within the normal range. We could use an army of those wheel bugs to eat all the Asian ladybeetles we have!
    I found a bag of different kinds of baby potatoes and used it for that recipe. I had never had purple potatoes and they were good.

Laurel, awesome workout combo!
    I honestly don't think I can do two meals a day. On weekends I do two meals a day: brunch and dinner. Monday-Friday I go to my classes early so I have to have a small breakfast.
    I haven't been hungry but I make sure that I eat an apple after my early dinner which is helping.

Tami, great workouts! Congrats on the VB wins!! OMG, on such cold temps! Our temps are about to drop into the low 30's at night and I'm sure the mornings will feel very cold. I really think our blood is thin like water now. We get cold easily now.
    This intermediate fasting is really helping my stomach and I'm not waking up with sinus headaches anymore.
    The recipe is really delicious and it offers choices as to what kinds of vegetables to use. The original recipe calls for potatoes and I used a mix of baby potatoes.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We have a lot of snow this morning! :p I was almost in a traffic accident too. I was stopped at a red light, and a truck was making a left hand turn on a yellow, the on coming traffic was trying to stop, but slid right through the intersection and hit the truck on the back end. Just enough force to send it toward me, but the truck missed me by about a foot. I got out of there, because I would have been super late if I stayed to give evidence.

My workout this morning was Pyramid Pump Total Body - Pyramid Up Only Premix. I don't have enough time in the morning to do the whole 80 min., so I opted for this premix.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Meso 1 workouts enough to do another week of them. Guess that the snow caught up with us today, and people don't seem to be prepared. I had my winter coat, hat and mittens on. I saw others with nothing. I was thinking, what are you going to do if you are stranded on the side of the road. Apparently it hasn't snowed in this area on Halloween since the late 1800's. Being a kid from up north, there where many times that we had to wear our winter gear over our costumes. I think going through the snow was better than having to endure the rain. ;)

Tami, Great job on all your workouts! Glad to hear that you where busy at work for a few days. ;) I'm also glad that your family is fine. Sure was a good game last night, until they changed the Houston pitcher. :/ It was a good series to watch though, wasn't the same old same old teams in the series. Sounds like your vb team is doing well with taking that amount of wins.

Thelma, Nice workouts, and that is a long time for working out even though they are gentle. That is to bad on the cancellation of Halloween activities, but that is probably for the best if it is raining like that. LOL about the army of wheel bugs, I'm sure that the ones that are there are having a feast. My mom served us some purple potatoes when we where up there for our last visit. They have an interesting texture, not like your normal russet. Or maybe it is because they are purple inside. She did bake them, vs roasting them like I did.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Since Cathe’s live workout today was Halloween-themed, I decided to start my workout with that. It was called Spook-tacular Boo—tcamp. :) Because Cathe and most of her class were in costume, it was a little slower paced than many of her workouts but still good and fun. Honestly, I don’t know how people have the patience to workout in costume though!! Anyhow, because it was a little slower paced, I took a break and then did a short cardio before my lower body workout. So I did Fit/Split Mixed Impact Cardio into LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body. I am really feeling my legs right now. :o Good stuff though.

Tami, great workouts! Glad you enjoyed your busy days at work. I am so glad to hear your sister isn’t in the evacuation zone, but it just has to be so scary right now. That fire is right inside the city, and it breaks my heart. I really hope weather conditions improve and they get a break soon. I am with you on the push-ups in Meso 1! But, for some reason, I want to do them. :o I don’t get it because, to be honest, I was actually dreading these two weeks of Meso 1 and had seriously contemplated sticking with XTrain. So.....I don’t know. But I am only going to do one more week of it and then do just one week of 4DS. I think I will stick with the LITE Pyramid workouts for next week on Thursday/Friday but then do the originally planned Lower Body Blast and CTX Upper Body on Thursday/Friday during the 4DS week. Does that make sense? I am working on an outline for the second eight week section of this rotation. Are you in? If so, I will hopefully post it some time next week. Yay on the volleyball!! And YAY for the Nationals!!! I must admit, I kind of gave up on them when they lost their three home games, but they showed some grit! Really fun and unpredictable World Series this year.

Thelma, great workouts! That is a lot for one day, even if they are ‘gentle’! Like you....we got rain! Lots of it too. And then when I was working out this morning, our temperature dropped 25 degrees! :o They are predicting our first freeze tonight. Hard to believe we started the month with a week of 100 degree days right about now. I am prepared for trick-or-treaters tonight, but between the cold and rain, I am not sure we will see any. Thankfully I didn’t overload with candy! I love those bags of the baby potatoes of different varieties. I had never had purple potatoes either, but I started using those potatoes in a salad I made several years ago and now reach for those bags quite often when I do anything with potatoes. I may try that recipe this weekend to use up what’s left of my fresh rosemary. Thanks for posting!

Laurie, yikes on the snow! And double yikes on the near accident!! I am so glad you did not get hit. I don’t quite understand how people are unprepared for winter when it happens....because it happens every year. :p I am surprised, though, to hear it has been over a century since the last Halloween snow. My oldest sister and I were talking the other day about Colorado weather and we both remember more Halloweens than not of Mom trying to get our costumes on over our coats! And trying to figure out boots and a princess dress! :D But that being said, I don’t actually ever remember it snowing on Halloween itself so maybe it really is that rare. Great workout!!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, today's workout was Barre. We surprised the instructor by wearing tutus to class. It was really funny!

We got more rain today and by 3PM the wind kicked in temps started to drop. We are definitely going to have a freeze. It is very cold! Last time I checked it was 34 degrees and this morning it was 70!

Laurie, great job getting that workout in this morning!
    I am so glad you didn't get hit by that truck! How scary!
    I think people here are too quick to cancel events due to the weather. It wasn't raining anymore by the time the Halloween events would've been held at. It was cold though.
    You're right about the purple potatoes having a different texture than a white potato. It's like they are thicker.

Laurel, great workouts! Funny Halloween workout name!
    It was a pain working out with the tutus and the pointy witch's hats we had on!
    Crazy temperature drops! I am so surprised about you having cold temps in AL.
    We didn't get any candy because we would never get a kid in this dark place. OMG, we saw these kids in the middle of a rural, narrow road! It was so dangerous because it was a curvy road and oncoming cars wouldn't have seen them until it was too late. I hope you got the candy you don't like!
    I didn't know there were purple potatoes until I discovered the baby potatoes I bought this week. I liked them.
    If you make that recipe with baby potatoes cut them in half so they cook faster. I didn't cut them so my dish took longer. I just got a 10 x 15 Corningware baking pan and I was able to add green and red peppers to the dish. Next time I'll add zucchini too.

Hi Tami!

Goodnight ladies and have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE Cardio Party and Bonus Abs #2. I then went to my mammogram appointment, which I was really early for. The traffic this morning wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Laurel, I saw the pictures for that workout on fb, and I just loved Cathe's outfit. Was wondering the same thing about the costumes and working out. Good job on the other workout also. After I'm done with this rotation I just may move into the Fit/Split, since I didn't really do a full rotation of that one either. The times on those workouts are about the same as what I'm currently doing. You should see the leaves falling off the trees today, it is like snow falling. The snow is covered with leaves, now it is pretty for sure. LOL about the costumes and keeping warm. I so remember those days.

Thelma, Nice that you all could surprise your instructor with the tutus, and then enjoy your barre class. I bet you all looked like ballerina's doing the barre work. Quite the drop in temperature. That happens a lot around here too, they cancel school because it is predicated to snow a lot. Well then we only get a couple of inches. They didn't predict that we would get almost 5 inches with this one. :D We had 19 degrees this morning.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Friday! Today’s workout was a fun one. I did LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body and Abs #2 followed by a 45 minute ‘80’s’ Ride from Peloton. I was singing away on my spin cycle today. :D:pB) I am SO glad I workout alone. B) But it was a huge amount of fun for a pretty tough ride. Just what I needed since my legs were feeling a bit tired from yesterday’s workout.

Thelma, I love that you wore tutus to your Barre class! That is so much fun. But I can imagine it was also a little difficult in them. The temperature in my workout room today was 56. :o Two weeks ago, I was still using the AC to keep it under 80. A little more ‘in between’ would have been nice. We got down to 28 last night. But despite that drop in the temperature we did get a few trick-or-treaters last night. I really didn’t expect any given the cold and the fact our neighborhood is still under construction. But we had about 10 kids or so, which was nice. I would imagine next year will be different. We have new neighbors moving in across the street as I type, and they have sold the lot on one side of us. So our little block of three houses (when we moved in) will at least have doubled by next year.

Laurie, great workout! Glad to hear traffic was better, but I can think of better places to spend the extra time than at a mammogram appointment. :# I was toying around with the next eight week segment of this rotation last night, and I am going to incorporate the Fit Split strength workouts into it a little bit. I really feel like I have neglected that entire series, which is unfortunate because it is a good series! Your leaf covered snow sounds beautiful! I bet it is especially pretty since you get all those pretty fall colors up there. I think I will need to be raking our leaves this weekend. These storms this week have knocked quite a few leaves (and branches) off the trees. But it is supposed to be sunny and in the 50s so perfect autumn weather for an autumn activity for sure.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Another busy weekend. Saturday I was busy sewing, and on Sunday we went to a birthday party/house warming for friends of ours. After the party I went to my hair appointment. One of the presents I gave where bibs (birthday boy was 1 yr), and I made them out of DH's jeans that are now way way to big for him. :D I didn't workout at all, and with all the projects that I have right now, my weekends will be busy for a while.

My workout this morning was LITE Metobolic Blast, really do love this one too.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! There are so many great workouts that Cathe has, it is hard to decide which one to try. My current feeling is doing 5 days of workouts, since my weekends are going to be busy for a while, and just go through her other series. I always felt that her Fit/Split weight workout where awesome, and under an hour. I'm hoping by the time I make my way down to XTrain, I will be excited to try them again. ;) We will see. We are starting to get slightly warmer temps this week, kind of back to our normal temps. We did have some sleet on Saturday though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Busy weekend here. DH had to work both days so I used the time to do some much need yard work on Saturday and much needed deeper cleaning inside on Sunday. My back and shoulders are definitely feeling both days today, but I am glad I did it all. Our outside is officially ready for winter, but I keep looking at all those leaves in the trees and recognize how much raking is still ahead. It was only five bags of leaves on Saturday, but I felt all five of those bags. :p

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Kickboxing Ballet workout to warm up my body before doing a 45 minute Halloween Yoga routine with Kristin McGee on the Peloton app. Good fun. Yesterday was STS Disc 9/Legs followed by RWH Plyo HiiT Two and One premix combo. Today started with STS Disc 7/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. To be honest, by what felt like the 14,000th push-up, I was regretting my decision to do this workout this week! :D It felt brutal on my already tired arms, that’s for sure. I followed it with STS No Equipment Abs and, for cardio Party Rockin’ Step 1, which was the fun I needed after the upper body workout. :)

Laurie, sounds like a great weekend doing some fun stuff. Love the sound of the bibs!! I bet they were really cute. I think you have a great plan for choosing what workouts work best for you and allow you to do all the projects you want to do. I am hoping this year I can keep myself from going into holiday madness. I really want a simple, enjoyable holiday season where I focus on the activities that make me happy. We’ll see how long that lasts. :D But it is at least a goal for right now! Glad your temperatures are warming up. DH is headed back to Michigan today, where the high is 17. I am going to enjoy my 60 degrees! :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday! Weekend was good. We met my in-laws, brother in law and his girlfriend and my stepson + girlfriend and little girl for lunch. It was a Belated Birthday for my in-laws and Birthday coming up for my stepson and girlfriend. It was a nice get together and will be a “repeat” at Thanksgiving. LOL
    Workouts: Thursday I did a Peloton Tabata Ride with my headphones on while DH watched football and was prepared for the trick or treaters but we didn’t have any, No workout on Friday. ☹ Saturday I decided on Stacked Sets Total Body, yesterday was a Peloton ride (Intervals and Arms) then headed to Volleyball. We won 4 out of 6 again, which was a lot of fun. Today’s workout will be BootCamp after work.

Laurel: Excellent job with the workouts! I hadn’t been on here to see which workouts you decided to go with this week?!?? I am still in with ya! Just constantly a little behind on the workouts. LOVE the idea of LITE Pyramids still for Thurs/Fri. I just don’t get tired of those ones at always feel like they work me thoroughly. Definitely the “sads” on those fires in L.A. Kris said all the animals that need evacuating as well and finding shelters for them, etc. Ugh. Breaks my heart. :'(
    So DH booked a quick trip with a group of business friends he has to go to Florida the first week of December. So we will be in Lauderdale …. Not Ft. Lauderdale? We fly into Ft. Lauderdale however and drive. This group goes every year and stays in a VRBO the same week ever year. So DH found a place right near them so we can all hang out. Our Mexico/Hawaii trip friends are also going. Are you familiar with this area? It should be a lot of fun. Even moreso for DH because it is work related people to hang out with, but not work. If that makes sense. I am glad my friend is going or I would not know the wives at all. :)

Laurie: Excellent job on the workouts! I know what you mean on that Pyramid Pump workout ….. sooooooooo long and definitely I don’t have that time in the a.m. either. Love it though. Yes, Volleyball is going well and as always, lots of fun. My friend who I have played with now for 16 years will be on my team for the tourney; we had to declare which people are on which team for the tourney in 2 weeks. So yay for that. Your weather definitely sounds like it is changing to winter. We had some beautiful 50 degree days over the weekend just cold at night. Supposed to be good this week and then turn again. How scary on the truck almost hitting you … glad you escaped that situation! YIKES.

Thelma: That is so fun that you wore the tutus to your class! What crazy weather you are having. 70 down to 30’s. BRRRRRRRRRR. I guess kind of like what we had when ours turned to cold and we had snow in September. Crazy.

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies! I will talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, on Friday I did Restorative Yoga, Saturday DH and I walked and today Barre.
    We had a nice, quiet weekend. DH's bday is tomorrow and I'm going to attempt to make him a Skinnytaste carrot cake. Baking is not my thing. I hope this cake is not another baking failure for me.

Laurie, awesome workouts!! You were busy this past weekend! You are so talented! I can't believe you made bibs out of your DH's old jeans! Has he lost weight since he's been walking with you?

It was a lot of fun to surprise the Barre instructor. One of the members said that we were the senior Rockettes! LOL

Laurel, fantastic workouts! Sounds like you had a fun Peloton ride on Friday! Good for you!
    Glad you got a few trick-or-treaters! Big changes coming to your neighborhood! I hope it's all good!
    You sure were busy over the weekend! There are leaves on the driveway but not a lot yet surprisingly.
    It got cold there last night! When I woke up this morning it was 28 here.
    I'm going to be in deep cleaning mode this week as my aunt arrives on Saturday. She'll be here for two weeks. This will be her first visit to GA.

The tutus idea was so much fun. It wasn't bad to have the tutus on but we had headbands with little witch's hats and I kept hitting the wall with the tip of the hat when we were at the barre.

Tami sounds like you had a fun weekend! Congrats on the VB wins! Great workouts too!
    How exciting about your December trip to FL! It sounds like a lot of fun.
    We do have crazy weather around here. Some people who live 15 minutes east of us got a few snowflakes on Saturday night but not us.

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was LITE PHA 2. <3 They are predicting snow for our area tonight, so it should be a fun drive into work tomorrow. :p

Laurel, Nice that you where able to get some maintenance done on the yard and house. It always feels good to get those things done, even though you can still see leaves on your trees. Great job on your workouts, they all sound awesome. I'm including a pic of the bibs, they where so fun to make. I agree with you on the holidays and working out. I will probably have more time off, since I still have vacation time to use up. That should give me a little more time to try out those longer workouts. I know that I will be busy during the holidays, and just like you I don't want to make myself crazy with having to many things on my workout calendar. That temperature sure sounds good. I think we are going from summer to winter. :D

Tami, Sounds like you had a very nice time with family and friends. Glad that you will all meet up again at Thanksgiving. Love all the workouts! You all are really doing well with the vb wins also. Nice that you will be with your friend during the tournament also. Ya 80 min. for a workout just isn't doable unless I get up even earlier, and that isn't going to happen.

Thelma, Great job on your workout, and I hope that your barre class was a good one. Happy Birthday to your DH! I'm sure the cake will be awesome! DH has lost almost 50lbs since the beginning of the year. It was really nice to use those jeans for a good purpose, and I will probably make more of them for my Mom's craft sales for charity. LOL about the senior Rocketts that is cute. You are really having some cold temps.

Here's a pic of the bibs.

wazzlx9vupk7.jpg

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute climb ride from Peloton followed by Kari Anderson’s Reach. This was a great combo for me today. Really enjoyed both workouts.

Tami, great workouts! Glad you enjoyed your time with family this weekend. Yay for Florida in December! I am not too familiar with the Fort Lauderdale area except that I know it is north of Miami and has a beautiful beach. B) But there should be a ton of things to do there because it is a very popular area. And the weather should be fantastic! Sounds like so much fun, and I am glad you are going with friends. So, speaking of Florida......it is kind of looking like DH and/or I may be driving my in-laws to Missouri that first week in December. I know this is going to sound crazy o:) but I am toying with extending our current schedule (these endurance workouts) out through Thanksgiving week. I really don’t want to start the next section (the one I am most looking forward to) only to stop it for a week right away. I can’t believe I am even suggesting this after how yesterday’s STS workout kicked my back side :D but I think I might just go ahead and finish Meso 1 next week with the fourth week of workouts :o and then do the two weeks I had originally planned of the 4DS workouts. A small benefit of this is those 4DS workouts are pretty short which is probably a good thing for Thanksgiving week. Let me know what you think. If you want to press on, I will post our next 8 weeks tomorrow....and maybe I will have talked myself out of this after tomorrow’s Meso 1 workout. :D

Thelma, great workouts. Good luck on the cake! I am sure it will be fantastic. I am happy to hear your aunt is visiting you this year. I hope you have a great time and I bet she falls in love with your house there. I was watching the local news last night, and they were saying we are just now getting into peak leaf changing season and noted how late it is this year. Our one year anniversary of being in Huntsville is Thursday and I know we didn’t have this many leaves on the tree when we moved in last year.....not even close. But I am enjoying this autumn much more because last year was so very, very wet. Love the blue skies! :D

Laurie, another great workout! Congratulations to your DH on losing 50lbs! I bet he feels so much better. Absolutely love those bibs. So very cute. Hope the snow doesn’t hit you too hard. I am going to try to simplify everything about the holidays this year because I want to enjoy them, not dread them. The past few years have made for some odd holidays, from finding out we might be moving to Germany (which ended up being to Alaska) right before Christmas three years ago, to having houseguests two years ago (in Alaska) to moving here to Huntsville and simultaneously unpacking the house while decorating for Christmas last year. This year, I want to watch some Hallmark movies, make some cookies for DH and I, shop for gifts without a feeling of panic, and not be consumed with moving or cleaning or all those things that don’t fill me with Christmas Joy. :D:#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a great BootCamp class last night. It was SO crowded, OMG. Similar format of 1 minute each of weights: Upper, lower, abs and then a cardio burst of Jumping Jacks, Plyo Jacks (insanity style), Kicks and Switch Kicks. Then start up a new set of weight work and repeat cardio burst. No workout this a.m., I had to take DH for a very early a.m. colonoscopy appt at 5:30; check in at 5:30 and nothing happened until 7. GEEZ. So I will probably just get in a Peloton ride tonight after work. Had I been thinking before we left, I would have packed my gym bag.

Laurel: Excellent combo this a.m. ~ sounds absolutely perfect! I saw Ally has a new Hiit & Climb ride she started this month. Excited to try it. Yes, definitely YAY for Florida. I am looking forward to it forsure . . . they said the weather is always fabulous when they go so it should be good. Definitely I can be in on this current rotation through Thanksgiving week and start the next section after. Sounds good to me. This week so far I am not doing well sticking with it anyway since I missed today, but I will get my strength workouts in the remainder of the week. Love that you have a nice low key holiday season planned for yourself that you can actually enjoy. I know you have had so much over the years and the cookie baking like a mad woman! LOL Sounds so nice to just snuggle in and do what you want, enjoy your home and being home.

Laurie: Don’t you just love that PHA 2 … I never get tired of either of those, just love that format! Way to work. Hopefully your roads aren’t too slick tomorrow ~ stay safe. Thank you for the kudos on the Vball wins.

Thelma: Way to go with the Yoga and Barre workout. Sounds like you and DH always have a nice time together, love that. Yay for the Carrot Cake, YUM. Good Luck, you will do awesome! Thank you for the kudos as well. Lots of fun to just play, but always a bonus when you win. LOL

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last night we went out to eat with a friend of my DH's, and talk about delicious Italian food. This place was downtown Milwaukee, but DH came to pick me up. This morning was LITE Cardio Party + Six Pack Abs #2.

Laurel, Nice job with the bike and stretch day! Doing those 4DS workouts during the Thanksgiving time frame sounds like a solid idea. DH feels so good, and he has a goal of getting into 34 waist jeans. He is in 35" right now, so I think that he should be able to make that goal. I don't know what he would have done in England if he hadn't lost all that weight. The have the weather advisory out until 9pm tonight, so I don't know what it will be like when I get out of work. Even though we have windows in our office, they are glass block. :# Now that you reminded me of all the things that happened during your previous Christmases, I can understand why you would just want a nice quiet Christmas to enjoy the season. I have already started watching the movies, just can't help myself. :D Thanks for the kudos on the bibs.

Tami, Glad to hear that your class was a good one, but dang on all the people in the class. When my DH went through that exam, my workplace is only 10 min. away, so I went back to work for that two hours. Really do love the PHA workouts, once you get your new workouts you will have to let me know how the Boss PHA is. Nice that you are able to go to FL in December, that should be a fun time.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 8/Back and Triceps, followed by STS Medicine Ball Abs followed by Cross Fire for cardio. I had planned on a Cathe Live cardio workout today, but they are having issues with their site at the moment. So I popped in Cross Fire at the last minute and really enjoyed it today.

Tami, sounds like a great Bootcamp class! Winter must be here if the gym is full. :) I saw the latest HiiT and Hills workout from Ally, and I think I will try that one on Friday. Sounds like a perfect combo for me. I remember she asked in one of her rides whether people prefer speed or climbs. I MUCH prefer climbs! I know that means I should do more speed work :D but I was very happy to see her focusing some on hills. :) Thank you for being so understanding with me changing up this rotation. I would completely understand if you said ‘nope’ to more of these Meso 1 workouts though. Those XTrain and LIS workouts don’t have all these pushups if you would prefer! I am 98% certain I will do STS next week, but I won’t know for sure until I put that DVD in on Sunday morning. :D But I like having options as well.

Laurie, I saw some photos of the snow on the highways up there this morning. I think it was I-41 where there was a big accident? Hopefully the roads don’t get too bad while you are at work. Great workout this morning! Glad you enjoyed a night out last night. I have yet to watch my first Hallmark movie of the season. :o I decided in early October to read Dr. Sleep by Stephen King for Halloween, and, well, I didn’t get it done. So when I sit down I am trying to finish that before officially changing my seasons! :D But next week, my yarn will come out and I will be crocheting and watching Christmas movies. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel