Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by 20 minutes each of barre and yoga. And a nice walk with DH. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I can’t believe the year is almost over with either. It really has flown by. I hope you don’t get too much rain. Sunday is supposed to be dry here but cooler. It is so humid today, so I am looking forward to that cooler, fresher air at the moment. Publix has some pretty good small cheesecake slices in their bakery section. Just FYI. :D

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a busy weekend doing chores around the house. Friday night and Saturday were pretty rainy and it turned windy and cold on Sunday. We're back to cold nights and warm days.

My workouts on Friday were Slow Flow yoga and PHA2. On Sunday I did a Peloton Ride and Xtend Barre Legs. I am glad this is a recovery week because it will be a busy week.

Laurel, great workouts! It feels pretty surreal that in just days we will be celebrating the start of a new year. I hoped time would slow down after retirement but it appears to be elapsing faster and faster. I can't believe you had a humid day! I am always surprised at how similar our weather is. I bought a piece of cheesecake at Publix once and it was very good. I looked for that particular flavor one of the times we were there and they didn't have it. I do love their elephant ears!

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really nice weekend, and I did more baking than I expected. I ended up making sugar, fruit cake, snickerdoodles, and raisin cookies. On Saturday our youngest and her bf had us over to their apartment for dinner, and she was disappointed that I didn't make pumpkin and the chocolate crinkle cookies. So yesterday I was busy doing that. Then DH wanted gingerbread. I didn't make the cut out, but did find a drop cookie that was more cake like. He loved those, so I'm hoping that I'm done with baking. Glad that they where all small batches, so I only had a few dozen.

We did have a team outing on Thursday afternoon. We went go-karting. Of course I was the slowest on the track. :D

My workout on Friday was Yoga Warrior 365 Balanced Warrior. Saturday I jumped on the elliptical for a little while, just to get something in. Sunday was an off day for me. This morning was RAW Kickbox Contouring.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts! I'm glad that we didn't have any damage from all that wind. It appears that we will not have a white Christmas, but it will be cold. Once I got going on the baking it just seemed to flow. Of course I had my Santa Claus movies going, so it got me in the mood. I have seen those movies so many times, and I don't really need to pay attention when they are playing. The only movie that I will sit down and watch, is White Christmas. <3

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! I have found some small frozen slices of cheesecake at Aldi's that have been very good. Of course I purchased a variety pack at Costco that have been really good also. Those are nice, because they are not big. Gives DH and I a treat at the end of our meal.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was nice. Our weather went from very warm (75) on Saturday to chilly (40) yesterday, but I was glad for the cooler weather. I couldn’t face baking anything on Saturday (though I did make some fudge), but yesterday I finally made some Christmas cookies. I made two batches of shortbread and a new cookie my DH asked for (which is a peanut butter cookie dipped in chocolate and then sprinkled with powdered sugar). I also made another batch of fudge….just so I can freeze it for later. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica’s newest YouTube workout which was Cardio Slide and Glide. It was a very tame workout (no cardio really), but had some nice core moves. It was good for Saturday. I followed it with 45 minutes of Power Yoga. Yesterday I did Cathe Live Legit Legs, which Cathe filmed last week, followed by a 30 minute spin. Today was Cathe Live Intense Upper Body (another newer offering from Live that I hadn’t yet tried) followed by Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing and Abs. I decided to add a little more strength into my week this week since I have taken it so light the last three weeks. I want to see where my strength is before the new rotation starts next week.

Thelma, great workouts. This recovery month has flown by! The best thing about it is I don’t feel like I have lost much if any of my STS strength, which is wonderful. Saturday was another really humid day here. Like I said, the temperature was already 75 degrees before noon and then we got rain. It was so warm all day that DH and I ate dinner on our deck, and I was in a short sleeved shirt. :o I am glad it has cooled off a bit, but we will be back up to 70 by Christmas Eve. This is the weirdest winter we have had since we moved here for sure.

Laurie, great workouts. I love that yoga workout. Your baking sounds wonderful! I love gingerbread drop cookies….so much more than the standard gingerbread cookies. I have a recipe that makes ‘giant’ drop gingerbread that was so hard for me not to make this year! But I really wanted to keep the cookies at a minimum. Between the three batches, I think we have about four dozen cookies, half of which I froze. If I didn’t…DH would just eat them all up. :D White Christmas was a movie I grew up watching every year with my mom. I can’t tell how many Christmases my sisters and I would break into spontaneous versions of the song ‘Sisters’. So many good memories. Sadly, DH is not a fan so it is one I have to watch when he isn’t home. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit and KCM RAW upper/lower body.

I'm in deep cleaning mode and I mean deep cleaning mode. I'm using a toothbrush to get to difficult to get to places. Of course, I'm dusting places that no one else but me would notice. LOL. That's ok. It makes me feel good doing it! LOL

We had another cold morning and the day warmed up quite nicely. No wind!

Laurie, those cookies sound so yummy! Are the pumpkin and chocolate crinkle cookies one or two different flavors? I would've been disappointed about the pumpkin cookies too! LOL. Great workouts!
    We don't have an Aldi's around here. All the cheesecake sold at local supermarkets aren't good at all.

Laurel, great workouts and good job making the fudge and Christmas cookies.
    Recovery month HAS flown by. It's crazy! DH and I would be very happy with those warm temps you've been having. It really has been a weird winter!

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Cardio Crush. This is a fun workout, and will have it on my to do list for a future workout.

Laurel, Glad you had a nice weekend. Of course awesome job on those workouts! We had the same mind set with our baking. I talked to my mom yesterday, and she would like 3 dozen cut out cookies for the nursing home that my Dad is in. She has been baking treats for the nursing home residence, so her love of baking is getting an outlet. :D Of course I will make them, because they are my Dad's favorite Christmas cookie. My DH is the same way with the cookies. I usually limit myself to a couple after our meal. We don't have to put cookies in the freezer around here. I just put them out in the garage, since our temps are in the teens.

Thelma, Great job on those workouts! I know what that deep cleaning is like. Funny how we just get in that mood to make sure we do a deep clean like that. I know that DH gets a little frustrated with me, because it does take time to do that kind of cleaning. The pumpkin and crinkle cookies are two different cookies. I still have to bake the crinkle ones, because the dough needed refrigeration. Those will be baked tonight. Bummer on not having an Alidi's. They have some interesting items.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin followed by Cathe Live Oh My Quad. I don’t know what possessed me to do my spin—especially a climb ride— before doing my lower body workout today, but…..yowza. That Oh My Quad workout—which I have only done once and years ago—is really tough so my legs are so not happy with me right now. Oh well. :p:)

Thelma, great workouts. I need to get into deep cleaning mode! I usually do when the days start getting longer and I have more sunshine to see all those dusty spots that, as you say, only I can see. DH often thinks I am crazy when I start dusting places he doesn’t notice….until he sees how much it needs to be cleaned!

Laurie, sounds like a good workout. It is wonderful of you to bake cookies for your Dad’s nursing home. No doubt both he and his friends will enjoy them. Boy, do I miss Alaska this time of year and having an open air all the time outside refrigerator and, in some cases, freezer! The first time we lived up there, because of the design of our kitchen, I could even use the cupboard over the range to chill wine in the winter. :D But that doesn’t work here, especially this year. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, today's workouts were a Peloton ride, and Premix #1 from Butts & Guts - Standing Glutes and Abs. The ab moves on the ball were kind of hard for me but I need to revisit this workout more often. I need to remember this is the DVD that uses ankle weights too.

Our weather apps were WAY off today! Mine called for 30% rain and DH's 0%. It was 100% rain from mid morning till about 6pm! My deep cleaning continued today. Our house is all wood so the majority of the walls are natural wood color but all around the house there is brown trim. Some of that wood is rough cut wood. I want to kill the developer for using that seriously rough wood. All my microfiber clothes get stuck on the wood and forget about cat hairs! I finally found a brush at the Dollar Store that is perfect for removing cat hairs and dusting that wood. I'm obsessed with it! LOL. This is the first time that I feel that wood is getting properly cleaned. First chance I get I'm buying more of those brushes. It's going slow but the brown trim needed a good dusting with Murphy's Oil Cleaner.

Laurie, great workout! It sounds really good. I wish Kelly would add more workouts to her YT channel. How nice of you and your mom to bake those yummy goodies for your dad's nursing home! I'm sure he will love his favorite cut out cookies.
    It is funny how we get into the deep cleaning mood. It helps that we have a friend over on Saturday so I'm very motivated. LOL. The amazing thing is the big feeling of satisfaction you get after seeing your house so clean. My friends always ask me to go clean their house or I've been asked who our cleaning lady is. My response on the cleaning lady question is always: you're looking at her! LOL
    Those pumpkin cookies sound very, very good. The supermarkets here aren't very good at all.

Laurel, great workouts but yikes on doing a squat workout after a climbing spin class!
    I do deep cleaning when the mood hits and I have to take advantage of those occasions! LOL. You should see me looking for dust. I bend down to look at a surface at eye level and I also look at it from different angles! LOL. My DH is like yours about dusting places he doesn't notice.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Weights Circuit #1. Good all over weight workout.

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts despite the fact that you tortured your legs! LOL about the chilled wind in one of your cabinets. Good thing that the water pipes where not on that wall. ;) We are going to be warming up a little, but if we keep the door closed on the garage, it will stay cold enough. I do have room in the freezer, but hoping I don't have to do that.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! I love the dollar store, they have some great cleaning products. There window cleaner that is vinegar is the best. I never get any streaking with that product. Glad that you where able to find a brush that tackled that dust. I have a lot of wood in our house, all of our cabinets, doors and trim are wood. I was using the Murphy's also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had so much fun with my workout today. I decided to do Strong and Steady Ramped Up Upper Body and core premix followed by Cardio Slam. It has been forever since I have done either and even though they are both super challenging, it felt so good to be doing them. I hope my body doesn’t make me change my mind about that tomorrow. :D

So I am just going to toss this out. Anybody else interested in pushing off the new rotation another week? I am good to start Sunday, but, also, it just seems to be coming up so fast. Let me know if starting it on January 2 instead of Sunday is better for either of you and, if so, we will adjust. If this Sunday works better, we will press forward. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I love Butts and Guts through and through. Every time I do it, I am reminded what a fantastic workout it is. I don’t blame you for a minute on being frustrated by the rough cut wood. I have lost a few microfiber cloths on that stuff as well. Thankfully in this house most of the wood is finished. I find a lot of dusty spots when I am crawling around on the floor stretching. DH always laughs when I tell him we need to move the sofas to clean under them. He’s like ‘you’ve been stretching in the living room again, right?’ :D But if I didn’t, who knows what would be there! :o:)

Laurie, great workout. We never had our water pipes freeze in Alaska, but our heating pipes froze more often than I care to remember. The house we lived in the first time we were there was heated by steam, and if the house temperature wasn’t up just high enough….it would freeze. So frustrating. We had oil heat the second time and that was MUCH better. While I love how gentle steam heat is on the skin, Alaska is definitely not the right place for it.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, today I did a Gina B Hiit workout and ICE Chiseled Upper Body. Good stuff!
    We had a pretty windy and cold day today.

Laurie, great workout! I really like those circuit workouts. Thanks for letting me know about the Dollar Store's window cleaner. Dollar Store and Dollar General are everywhere here. A couple of years ago I went to lady's house and her windows and mirrors were spotless. I asked her what she cleaned them with and she said rubbing alcohol and a squeegee. She said never use a towel on a mirror or window. It's kind of hard to use the squeegee on a mirror but it works nicely on our floor to ceiling windows. I use a microfiber cloth on mirrors and our kitchen cabinets with glass doors.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you enjoyed them! I am 1000% for extending the current rotation. I'm not mentally ready to start the new rotation after what's turned out to be a very busy week. What will you do next week? The Semi-Recovery Week? It makes perfect sense to me, to start the new rotation in the new year. Butts and Guts really a great workout.
    I have a Dyson vacuum and recently bought a long, skinny and flexible attachment that allows me to get under/behind furniture, appliances and even in the dryer's lint catcher compartment. I am so glad I discovered it!

I'll see you tomorrow ladies. I can't believe Christmas practically here!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Stretch & Tone. The tone part of this workout was lower body floor work. I did use ankle weights for that portion. Overall the bod felt great afterward.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and hope your body was okay with them. I'm good with starting Jan 2, because we will be heading up to my parents on Monday. I would have had to start a week later anyway. So it really works for me. ;) I so remember steam heat from when I was in school. The older portion of the building was all steam. It was great for drying out all the wet mittens after recess though. :D You would see mittens all lined up on the radiators in the halls. I have lived in houses that have had wood, gas, oil, propane and electric heat. The hottest of course is the wood, and it was the coldest. :D Just to much variation. Right now our heat is gas, and it is okay.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Thanks for the information on the rubbing alcohol. I have been trying everything on our tile floor in the entry way. Everything leaves streaks, so I will have to try that trick. Funny how little things like that can drive you crazy. I just don't like having these nice tile floors, and it looks like I don't clean them. :D I use rubbing alcohol to clean the sewing machines that I have gotten, so I should have figured that one out.

I'm probably going to be busy tomorrow, so Merry Christmas to both of you! 🎄

Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride followed by 30 minutes of Pilates. Good stuff! Yay for pushing off the rotation for a week! Like Thelma said, while physically and logistically I can do it, mentally…..I just want to get through the holidays first. And, Laurie, I had a feeling you were traveling next week, so I am glad this workouts out. I think I will be doing something similar to what I did this week next week with a blend of solid strength workouts, metabolic workouts and cardio. DH will be off work much of the week, so my workouts will kind of depend on what we decide to do with the days.

Thelma, great workouts. When I did that ICE Chiseled Upper Body workout a couple of weeks ago, I really enjoyed it. When it was first released, I just couldn’t get into it at all. But that’s why I hang on to some workouts like that….I have a tendency to change my mind about them in time. I can’t believe it is Christmas already either!

Laurie, great workout. Sometimes that floor work is just what the body needs. I have never had wood heat, and I don’t think I ever want to for the reasons you described. I hope you have a safe trip next week.

I probably won’t be here tomorrow, so I wish you both a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were a Peloton ride and a slow yoga flow. This could also be my workout on Christmas Eve day!

Laurie, sounds like another fantastic KCM RAW workout! Great job!
    I hope the rubbing alcohol works on your tile too! I just read that to make a stainless steel sink shinny after you clean it is to spray it with window cleaner, then wipe it with a towel. It doesn't make sense but I'll give it a shot.
    My house will be immaculate after this week of deep cleaning! I don't understand how cleaning people clean a house in 2-3 hours. DH says it's because they don't really clean!

Laurel, great workouts! I am glad we are extending the current rotation. I need a vacation after this week of deep cleaning! It makes sense to do next week the type of workouts we've been doing this week.

Sorry I missed both of you! Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas.
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice Christmas weekend. Our Christmas Eve day was quiet. On Christmas day our friend came over at 1pm and was here till about 6pm. We talked, played a board game and had a nice dinner. She was sorry she didn't accept our invitation to spend Christmas Eve with us because it was really hard spending that day without her husband. She really appreciates that we try to spend time with her. We are going out to dinner with another couple on the 31st and we invited her too. She made a Cuban rum cake for dessert that was absolutely delicious.

For workouts on Friday I did Zumba, gentle flow yoga and Pilates abs.
    On Sunday I did a Gina B low impact Hiit and Xtrain Legs minus the ball and barre.

It got pretty warm here over the weekend. We hit 70 today. DH had to go to Home Depot for a few things and said some people were wearing shorts and t-shirts. We are now heading into a very rainy week. My weather app shows rain all week.

Have a wonderful last week of the year ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. Ours was pretty good. Unfortunately our dishwasher died sometime during the night from Christmas Eve into Christmas morning. DH spent much of Christmas Day trying to fix it, to no avail. So we drove down to a Lowe’s about an hour from here yesterday morning because they had one we wanted in stock, and he spent much of yesterday installing it. But….it is done. Unfortunately, though, we weren’t able to enjoy the weekend how we hoped by watching movies and working on a puzzle. But it was a minor inconvenience for sure.

For workouts, on Friday I did Cathe Live A Christmas Ball which was a good total body workout. I followed it with another of her Christmas workouts from a few years ago called Keep The Cardio Coming. Saturday was a 30 minute ‘holiday’ spin followed by 30 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was Cathe Live Glutes and Core followed by a 45 minute spin. And today was Pyramid Upper Body followed by Low Max. I pulled out the oldies today! :)

Thelma, great workouts. No doubt your friend enjoyed your company on Christmas. I hope she joins you for the New Year as well. Her cake sounds wonderful. I hope you get a breather from the deep cleaning this week. Our weather has been so very warm since Friday night. We ate dinner on the deck both last night and Christmas night. Because the humidity is also way up, I finally had to turn the AC back on at night…..not something I ever wanted to do in December. But between the wind, the warm temperatures and the humidity, if I was going to get any sleep, it needed to happen. Looks like we might be getting some violent weather because of it at the end of the week. Hopefully it won’t be too bad.

See you tomorrow,

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were a Peloton ride and XTtrain Chest, Back & Shoulders.

It got very windy here today and thankfully it died down by the end of the afternoon. temps were on the warmer side but not as warm as Sunday. The rain should start on Tuesday.

Laurel, I'm sorry about your dishwasher! I'm glad you were able to find one you wanted and were able to install it too. I bet it was nice being able to eat out on the deck! Great workouts!

Our friend has agreed to join us on New Year's Eve which is great. We finished the deep cleaning last week on Friday. I had to enlist DH to help me in order to finish.
    I can't believe you had to turn the AC on! I hope the weather doesn't get violent during the weekend! I heard that it could be cold too.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Touch Up Training Lower Body and a 45 minute spin. Good stuff today.

Thelma, great workouts. You know I love those XTrain workouts! So good. I am glad your friend will be joining you on Friday. I imagine it will be a difficult day for her. Our weather is seriously driving me crazy. If it is going to be 70, at least it could be sunny and pleasant. :) But between the wind, the murky sky and the humidity….it just isn’t very nice. And the highs and lows being the same don’t help. I realize just how much I like it getting cool when the sun goes down. But this pattern is supposed to break on Saturday, and I hope it isn’t too violent. I think the lows dropping by 40+ degrees over night will be the most shocking. :o

I won’t be here tomorrow. DH gifted himself with a new car for Christmas, so we are headed up to Kentucky to pick it up. I’m looking forward to a little road trip! :)

See you Thursday!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Pickleball and Pilates.

Laurel, great workouts. I hope you have a good trip to Kentucky and congrats to your DH on his new car!

The humidity doesn't help matters at all. It's been cool here but still in the 60's. The temperature drop will feel below zero to us! LOL

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gina B Low Impact, Gentle Yoga and XTrain Bi’s & Tri’s.

We got hit with a wild storm tonight and were under tornado watch. We had heavy rain, wind and thunder. More rain through Saturday and then a cold front will.

Laurel, I hope everything went well in Kentucky!
    Thelma