Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,868 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin followed by 75 minutes of yoga with Kristin. The yoga class was really wonderfully relaxing despite being ‘power’ yoga. My body felt really good by the end.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad Roosty is crowing again. Poor little guy. I agree that the break this week is needed as much mentally as physically. I have our next rotation done. Do you want me to do a daily breakdown or do you just want me to say ‘These are this week’s workouts’ and you can put your week together in a way that works best for you? Either way works for me.

Laurie, great workout. And I am glad you got some sleep. I am definitely not stronger in all areas than I was 20 years ago, but the one place that I am is my core. I took up doing some of these Pilates/Yoga fusion workouts after hurting my back really badly….when I sneezed. :# Suffice it to say, I had no core strength when that happened. :) It is kind of fun to remind myself of that on days when I don’t want to work core! :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,616 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Zumba, Revive and Restore Yoga, XTend Barre, Stretching.

Tuesday started pretty cold by mid afternoon we'd warmed up into the low 60's! It was beautiful.

Laurie, great workout!

I'm glad you took a looksie on the Etsy site. I hadn't thought about pricing though. I just did a search on Etsy for "adult size bib" and I got a lot of hits. The prices ranged $14.50 to $38. The most expensive ones looked it and were also engraved.

I was glad little Roosty wasn't hurt but his giant sister! It was something out of Godzilla! That's how small Roosty is. Red, the hen is Godzilla next to him! LOL

Laurel, great workouts. I am loving this week!

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for putting that rotation together! I think I'll be Ok with a list of daily workouts and I will add the days.

I hope you had beautiful weather too. I think the following week will have warm days. We do need rain though.

I'll talk to you ladies tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,501 Member
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was 30MTF Kickboxing W1. It has been a while since I did this one, and it was fun. I did use my egg weights.

Laurel, Your workouts sound great. Glad to hear that you felt so good afterward. Core is probably one of the most important as we age. Probably why I enjoy doing balance work, because that involves so much of the core. Sounds like you are putting your rotation together.

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts. Interesting price range for those bibs. Interesting about the engraving of the bib. I think that my mom will probably be putting my dad's name on the bib with permanent marker. :D LOL about the Godzilla reference. :D Now I can just picture that.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Rev’d Up Rumble followed by Cathe Live Legs and Core On The Floor. And a nice long walk. B)

Thelma, great workouts. Our weather has been beautiful…..a little breezy, but nice. But, boy, could we use the rain, too. But I think we are in for a dry winter. I will figure out the best way of putting together this rotation without assigned daily workouts and post it as soon as I can. Like I said, it will be 8 weeks, with a different style of lifting each week. How much lifting we do each week will be up to us. It should be a really good balance to give us a break but also keep us physically ready for another go at STS. But this week we are doing right now…..this is what our recovery weeks will look like next STS rotation. I may add in one light metabolic workout just to tease the muscles, but, other than that, a little cardio, a little non-weighted strength/toning and a lot of stretching. :)

Laurie, great workout. I agree about loving balance work now. I just wish I had the same balance I had even 10 years ago! But I keep working at it because it really is so important anymore.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were a Peloton ride and a yoga flow.

The weather turned out nice today even though it was cloudy in the afternoon. I thought it was going to rain but we didn't get lucky.

We let the chickens out of their cages at the same time and things went great. I knew the three girls were going to be OK but I was afraid they would hurt Roosty. It was totally the other way around. Roosty showed them who the boss was and thankfully the girls were 100% submissive. I had them outside together a couple of times today and will continue to do that until we are sure everybody will be safe together.

Laurie, great workout!

The bibs price range was definitely interesting and very competitive. I think people price their products based on what others price theirs at.

Laurel, great workouts!! I love your thoughts about the new rotation! Great idea to do different types of lifting each week! Thank you!

I'm glad you've also been having this beautiful weather. I'm not happy to hear that we'll have a dry winter. I worry so much about forest fires!

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Took it down a notch this morning and did a yoga workout with Chris Freytag. 10lb Slimdown Yoga was the workout. It was short but very good.

Laurel, Love the workouts! Glad to hear that your weather is so good, and you where able to enjoy a nice long walk. We are going to have temps in the 50's today. Of course that is for only a short time and then the temps will go down again. Your rotation sounds really good, and love all the stretching that you are including.

Thelma, Great workouts! Very nice that the chickens where able to be out and about, and that that everyone of them enjoyed being out. The next site that I'm checking out is ebay. My DH said that they are raising their prices, so it will be interesting to do the comparision.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Bun Burner Barre and Ball followed by Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT and Extended Stretch.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad that things went well with the chickens and Roosty! Hopefully that continues. We are getting very warm weather here. I share your concern about fires. We haven’t had that experience here in Alabama, but after our experiences in Colorado Springs….I want nothing to do with forest fires again. Sadly, out in Colorado, they have yet to see the first snow of the season in Denver. This is the latest it has ever been, and that is not good.

Laurie, sounds like a nice workout. Enjoy the warmer temperatures. We are supposed to come close to breaking the record tomorrow with highs in the 70s. Like I have said before, this is when I prefer the colder temperatures so I can’t say I am thrilled about it. But I do like the walks!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Jessica Smith Cardio Kickboxing Abs, XTend Barre Legs, Stretching.

We had another warm day here in the mountains and tomorrow we should be in the low 70's again.

Laurie, nice job with the yoga workout!
    Great idea to check ebay! It will be great to compare prices between Etsy and eBay.

Laurel, fantastic workouts!

So far things are still going well with the chickens. Roosty is still being the little boss but I guess that is his job. What I realized today is that he is herding the girls back into the cage to keep them safe. They're still not ready to be together in the coop; which is normal at this stage. Hopefully by next week things will be better. We couldn't be happier with the progress so far though.

Forest fires are scary. They do a lot of controlled fires in the forests but the valley bellow us is full of trees and dry leaves. People burn leaves a lot here.
    I really don't blame you for not wanting to have anything to do with fires. I can't believe Denver hasn't had any snow yet!
    A year ago 11/30 we had a snow here in Blue Ridge!

Have a fantastic weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin followed by Kari Anderson’s Angles, Lines and Curves 2. I took up the intensity on the spin today, and it felt good. But I plan on keeping things still pretty moderate next week while adding some lower body weights back in.

Thelma, great workouts. We are going to be close to our record for the day of 75 degrees. DH and I just got back from a walk, and I am in knee length workout capris and a light weight long sleeve shirt, and I was hot! Crazy. And there really is no cold weather in sight for us right now. It is just so very dry.

I am glad things are going well with the chickens, and Roosty is doing his job well with them. Animals are so amazing.

I am going to try to type out the rotation this weekend. If I don’t do it soon, we will be right at the door of starting it. These weeks just seem to fly by right now.

Laurie, I hope you are enjoying a day off!

Have a good weekend. See you Monday.

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Just popping in on a Sunday to post the next rotation. So…..here it is.

Thelma, as we discussed, I tried to keep all of the strength training to between 30 and 45 minutes. There is one exception, but there are premixes that meet that goal. I am going to describe what I am going to try to do each week, just for some reference. That will include the strength training, cardio and the Barre/Pilates/Yoga classes we want to take. Again, this is just for reference.

The rotation is eight straight weeks. Each week will involve a different strength training series. We will alternate one week of upper/lower body workouts, one week of split workouts, for the eight weeks. If we need a recovery week before the eight weeks are up, we will take it.

I am not doing a daily breakdown of workouts because I really want each of us to decide what feels good, especially when it comes to the strength training. But this is kind of how I am thinking of my weeks. I anticipate all of my cardio, along with the strength training, being between 30-45 minutes. The Barre/Pilates/Yoga workouts will fall more at 30 minutes. For the weeks we are doing upper or lower body workouts, I plan on doing the strength training workouts twice (for four days of strength training those weeks). For the split session weeks, I plan on doing each strength training workout once, for a total of three strength training days those weeks (with two exceptions, which I will explain later). Each week I plan on doing six days of cardio, three spin and three non-spin.

For the Barre/Yoga/Pilates workouts, this is what I have in mind. Each week I want to do one of each of the following:

XTend Barre Signature Workout
    XTend Barre Lower Body Workout
    XTend Barre Core Workout
    Pilates (I will go between XTend Barre Pilates and Peloton Pilates)
    Power Yoga (I will be using Peloton)
    Yoga Flow or Focus Flow Yoga (I will be using Peloton)
    Stretch Workout (I will either do Open Fit, Cathe, Peloton, Jessica Smith or….whatever!)

How those workouts fit into the week….I really don’t know. My one concern with this rotation is overdoing the lower body workouts, so I plan on adjusting if I have to, either on the barre workouts or the strength training.

Okay, so here are the strength training workouts I have in mind and the weeks I plan on using them:

December 26-1 January—LITE Stacked Sets Upper Body and Lower Body

January 2-8–Ripped With HiiT Lift It HiiT It Legs, LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps. The Back, Shoulders and Biceps workout is 54 minutes long, so longer than we planned. But there are at least two premixes that fall closer to 40 minutes—one without finishers and one that has two sets only plus finishers.

January 9-15–Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets Upper Body and Lower Body premixes.

January 16-22–4 Day Split. This week, I plan on doing this entire series (including the cardio). But the strength training workouts cover four days (Chest/Back, Biceps/Triceps, Shoulders/Calves and Legs), but there are premixes that could take it to three days (Back/Biceps, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps and Legs) if preferred.

January 23-29–LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body premix and Lower Body premix.

January 30-February 5–Fit/Split series. Like with 4 Day Split, I plan on doing all four of these workouts, including the cardio. The strength training workouts are Legs and Glutes, Push, and Pull. There is also the Metabolic workout which I would say is totally optional.

February 6-12–Perfect 30 Upper and Lower Body Pump workouts.

February 13-19–Low Impact Series Total Body Trisets. The premix splits are Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, Back/Biceps/Core and Lower Body.

Then we take a recovery week before returning to STS!!

I have a feeling this is completely unclear. :D So if it works better for me to go back to a daily schedule, please let me know.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a very good weekend with the chickens and got some much needed rain on Sunday.

Our chickens are fully integrated as of Saturday. They are so good together! I was on chicken watch pretty much all day Saturday. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I wanted to be with them in case something went wrong when we put all 4 in the coop. I watched the chickens go inside the chicken house at the end of the day for the first time ever. Our oldest hen led the way, then Roosty followed. The new girls stayed out on a roosting bar. After a minute or two I heard little Roosty making a sound/call and the girls looked in the direction of Roosty's voice. They wanted to get up to the chicken house but didn't know what to do. They had never been in one before. Eventually, they walked up the ramp and I gave them a little push so they would get inside! I am convinced Roosty's sound was a call to tell the girls get inside. We are so happy about our chickens getting along so well already!

My workouts on Friday were Gina B Low Impact Cardio and Gentle Flow yoga.
    On sunday Spinning, XTend Barre Lower Body, Stretching.

Laurel, great workouts! I am also going to add some strength training this week.
    Friday was a beautiful day. It was very warm here too. Temps at night have actually been in the 50's.
    Animals are really amazing. I am getting the chickens used to being held and petted.

Once again, thank you soooo much for putting another outstanding rotation together for us. I don't think it was confusing at all.

Laurie, I hope you had a great long weekend!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very busy weekend again. I spent the majority of my Friday cleaning up my sewing space. It can start to get a little cluttered with all the projects. I starch my fabrics, so I did a lot of that also. On Saturday I was busy cutting a sewing. Sunday was a horrible day for getting anything done. I spent way to much time trying to get my new work mobile phone up and running. During that time I did venture out into the snow to visit with my youngest and get my hair all ready for Christmas. :D I actually had to chat with our tech support in India, to get my phone straight. There is still one problem with it, and I will deal with that on another day.

My workouts where Friday 30MTF Cardio Kickboxing W1. Saturday was another Chris Freytag yoga workout. I didn't workout on Sunday.

Laurel, Love the workouts! I really do like the looks of your rotation, so this may be something that I will look at doing also. I of course will opt for anything that is less than 45 min. I wasn't confused, so you did a great job. Well we have started to get the nasty weather with this last storm. Right now it is snowing very lightly, and some of the roads are slippery. I'm actually kind of shocked about some areas, doesn't seem that they where prepared at all. Our area was just fine, but closer to work they didn't lay down any salt. :/

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! So glad to hear that your chickens are all getting along, and that Roosty is letting them know that it is much better in the house than on the roosting bar. ;) I did have a good day off, even though I was doing a lot of sorting.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was nice. We woke up to fog and drizzle on Saturday. We had planned on mulching the leaves in the yard but because of the wetness, we raked instead. It was actually a really nice day to be out in the yard, despite the damp. We needed the moisture so badly, the little drizzle was more than welcomed by us for sure. Yesterday, after a long early morning walk, DH left for Texas, and I got the house cleaned….and posted the new rotation. :) Today we have had buckets of rain, which, again, is very welcome right now.

For workouts, on Saturday I did XTend Barre Cardio 3 followed by 30 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a 15 minute climb ride into Cathe Live Legs, Cardio and Core Galore. Today I felt like pushing it a bit, so I did a 60 minute spin on Peloton which was so much fun….probably one of the most enjoyable rides I have had in a long time. I followed it with 45 minutes of power yoga.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad the chickens are getting along so well and adjusting to their new space. That must be a huge relief for you. I am glad I didn’t confuse you with the new rotation! I think it will be a good one.

Laurie, sounds like a very busy weekend. Technological problems like you experienced get me so frustrated. I start wanting to throw things. B):# I am glad it is mostly fixed. I would love it if you joined us for this rotation! The goal was to offer a ‘menu’ of 30-45 minute workouts that we could ‘plug and play’ on days as our bodies and minds see fit. Some days, I might be up to doing all three elements (strength, cardio and barre/yoga/Pilates/stretch), and other days it might be one. Obviously going in to it, I have set a baseline for myself (as I described), but if it doesn’t work, I will play with which elements work on any given day. I really need to start listening to my body more. :) Anyhow, I can’t believe some areas up there weren’t prepared for snow. It is December.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Zumba, XT Legs - standing part only and stretching.

We had a very rainy today! It turned very windy and cold by the end of the day.

Laurie, you sure were one busy lady over the weekend! I feel your pain trying to set up the phone! I'm glad you had a good day off.
    Great workouts!

Laurel, great workouts and thanks again for creating the next rotation! I really think this will be a great rotation too.
    We are thankful for the rain here too! It started raining in buckets last night and it was like that pretty much all day. I ran out a couple of times to clean up the coop, give the chickens their grapes and to take Chico out. I lucked out because the rain would stop long enough for me to do those little tasks, then it would start raining as soon as I got back in the house!

It is a huge relief that the chickens are getting along. Tonight they all squeezed into a nesting box (I think it's about 9 1/2 x 11!) when they went to bed. This is what they all did when we had the two big roosters also. So little Roosty is in that nesting box with the 3 hens! LOL. At least he is going to be very warm.

I will talk to you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Cardio Quick Fix W2.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you are getting the much needed rain. Awesome job on the workouts! I have to admit that I was getting to the point of wanting to launch the phones into the trash. :D This company expects you to do all your tech work. I'm to old for totally understanding everything about technology. I for sure will only be doing one workout per day. ;) I'm interested in following the weight workout aspect, and then doing cardio and or stretch/yoga between the strength.

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts! Also glad that your area is getting the rain also. LOL about the rain cooperating with your ventures outdoors though. Not fun to get soaked at this time of the year, it is always so cold. Roosty is taking advantage of those hens to keep him toasty for sure. :D

Have an awesome day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Legs For Days, Cathe Live Slam—HiiT and a 15 minute ‘Stacking Stuffer’ core flow yoga from Peloton. The HiiT workout was filmed last week, and I have to say it was probably the most challenging Cathe Live cardio class in over a year (at least). It felt good, but I will have to remember to only do it in days when I want a pretty good challenge.

Thelma, great workouts. Our rain has been followed by some pretty chilly temperatures. I read that it was 33 degree colder last night than the night before! :o I admit, I like that it feels like December, even if it is only going to last for a day. I am glad you were able to get your outdoor chores done despite the rain. I smile when I think of little Roosty all nestled up with his hens. :D I am so glad that is all going well.

Laurie, great workout. I admit, I am really surprised you are expected to take care of your own technology. I used to try to keep up with technological things…..but I have given up. I mean, I don’t really need to (literally) talk to my oven or program my washing machine. Call me old…..because I am! I think the way you are going to approach this rotation is perfect.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today I did a Peloton ride, Total Body Trisets Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, Pilates abs and stretching.

The day was definitely cooler and we got a lot of heavy rain tonight.
    I got my hair cut today. What a relief!
    Tomorrow we're traveling south for my follow up appointment with the rheumatologist. We'll also stop at Publix! :D

Laurie, great workout!

I was really lucky that the rain cooperated with my ventures outside too. It definitely isn't fun to get soaked at this time of the year. I wish we had a little camera inside that nesting box so I could see where Roosty ends up. I don't even know how they all fit in that box.

Laurel, great workouts!

We are having the same weather again. I am so glad the girls are keeping Roosty warm. I worried about him being cold because of his missing wing.

see you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Build & Burn Cardio Core.

I saw that Jessica Smith is starting to upload content to her youtube channel again. :)

Laurel, Great job on your workouts even with the tougher live one. Seems that we are having a lot of technology issues in our office right now. My co-worker dropped her laptop yesterday. The best thing is that we had a spare computer that was shipped to us recently, and she will be able to transfer. We do have a tech that comes on site for that type of thing. I can't even imagine talking to your appliances at home. That is why I don't have any of the alexa or google home apps set up. Those kind of apps just creep me out, since they are listening to you all the time.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts! Haircuts are so nice, just to get your hair rocking for the holidays. ;) Hope you appointment goes well, and do enjoy your shopping. You should get a camera for the coop. A couple of the guys here at work have cameras set up at their cabins, and they watch the deer go through their land. They seem to enjoy talking about it every day. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today I did a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride followed by a recovery ride and yoga. It is a beautiful day today, so I also took a nice walk. The fresh air felt fantastic after a couple of days being closed in.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope everything goes well with your appointment and you enjoy your Publix stop. We have a few days in the 70s back in our forecast again. Because I want it to feel like Christmas, I am not exactly thrilled by that. But for whatever reason, the time change this year is really bothering me, so if it takes warm weather to have sunshine….I think I will take it.

Laurie, great workout. I saw that Jessica is back on YouTube! She hasn’t done anything there for quite awhile. She also has new DVDs coming out, and they look like they were filmed in a beautiful location. I will be curious what she has on offer. I don’t have Alexa or anything like that either. This is my age talking, but I can’t imagine I would ever be so busy that I would have to ask a computer to preheat my oven. I guess I just think, at a point, the computer dependency is a little….off the rails. B) But, again, that is my age talking. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were a Gina B Low Impact Hiit and a yoga flow.

My visit with the rheumatology nurse practitioner was a wonderful experience. The nurse was kind, caring and very educational. She took her time explaining my labs, meds and possible treatments. She also recommended Tumeric which helps with inflammation and Co-Q10 for the heart which could be affected by lupus. She also recommended that I see a cardiologist and pulmonary specialist to establish a baseline to make sure everything is OK.
    The insurance contract issue has yet to be resolved but I am hoping they will eventually reach an agreement.
    I want to have this nurse be my main rheumatologist. My doctor in MA was great but this woman is fantastic. I've never been treated by a doctor with so much kindness and tenderness. One of my meds can affect the retina and she wanted to make sure that my current ophthalmologist is checking my eyes for that. I know the test is necessary and I've been having it done for years. She even wants to see the ophthalmologist's notes!
    My current rheumatologist never cared about those things. There is no way I'm going back to that woman.

As always we had fun at Publix. On the way out DH almost bumped into a guy coming in the opposite direction because there was a huge column that blocked the guy. The guy actually looked like Jesus Christ. Maybe it was Him. He gave us a very kind look and smile.

Laurie, great workouts! Thanks on the heads up about Jessica Smith uploading new content to her YT channel!
    We have security cameras and I can see the wildlife but the coop needs a little one inside the actual chicken house. I wonder if those guys at work have trail cams.

We don't have Alexa or anything like that. I refuse to get stuff like that because you are sharing too much of your life with Amazon. God knows what they can do with that information or if they're actually watching you.

Laurel, great workouts! Did you get the Peloton email about their new boxing program? You actually have to join a program to do it but it may be worth it. I'll have to take a look at it because it could be a lot of fun.

I can't believe you'll have a few days in the 70's! We'll have a few days in the low 60's! Tonight the temps are in the high 20's! I'll take the sunshine anytime too!
    Now that we have chickens I don't like it when it rains too much because the sand we use as bedding on the floor gets wet. It's a heck of a lot better than wood shavings though.

I'm sorry the time change is bothering you this year Laurel, definitely get outside and enjoy the sunshine whenever possible.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma