Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a great weekend, but why does it seem that it's getting busier than my summer. I didn't workout at all, since I was running around. We had a nice dinner on Friday. Our weather is suppose to turn this coming weekend, so I guess we need to take advantage of the nice weather at the beginning of this week. It was nice to have a visit from both of our dd's. The youngest stopped by on Saturday for a bit also.

My workout this morning was Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Back, Biceps & Shoulders plus the Bonus Core. That worked out to be just over 30 min. and I got a really good workout.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! To bad about the flowers, that is the problem with annuals. I have found that some of them do seed. I can't remember which one I had bloom, and hadn't planted anything. It must have been in a fairly protected area from freezing. I started to notice some of my workout where causing me to give me leg pain at night. I would wake up in the middle of the night, and couldn't get my legs comfortable. It may also be that I am gradually getting through menopause, I have been noticing that I don't have as severe symptoms as in years past.

Thelma, Glad that you where able to get some work done on the coop despite the cold weather. Well it nice that you didn't have snow with all of that. Do enjoy the warm weather, we had that this weekend so it was really nice. They say we are going to have snow on Saturday, guess I have to start getting out my boots too. Sounds like some great workouts! Very glad to hear that your hamstring is doing better, of course you really do know how to take care of your injuries.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope the weekend went well. Ours was good. Saturday was spent on errands and Sunday on chores, but the weather was nice both days. Today is just a picture perfect autumn day, and I just returned from a long walk that I wanted to be even longer. But….I need some lunch. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Power Walk followed by 45 minutes of Power Yoga. Sunday was Lean Legs and Abs followed by a 40 minute Peloton spin. Today was a 20 minute spin into Cathe Live Total Body Blast. I followed that with a core segment and a stretch from Open Fit.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad your injury is doing better. I am sure it is a relief to get some progress made on your chicken coop. No doubt they will appreciate your efforts. We escaped the frost this weekend, which is just fine by me. I did have DH get rid of our last summer plants, though. They were about at the end of their life cycle anyhow, but it makes me sad to see them go. They were just so beautiful for so long. The next few days here are supposed to be very warm before we get hit with another cold spell. I will take the sunshine and warm temperatures when we get them because that sun setting before 5 last night? So not the best mood lifter for me. :#

Laurie, I am glad you enjoyed that Perfect 30 workout. I am also glad you got to spend time with your DDs this weekend. I completely agree that it seems our weekends have gotten busier than they were in the summer, but we are also already spending time in holiday prep. I hate crowds, so getting out now is so much better for me. Just when I start thinking my menopause symptoms are getting better, they hit me in full force again. :/ It does seem like I have far few hot flashes during the days, and some nights I am fine. But other nights…..oh my. Unfortunately, I can’t identify a real pattern either (except if I eat too much sugar). I live in hope that, someday, I will live with a somewhat normal body temperature again. I hope your weather doesn’t get too bad this weekend. But we are supposed to have highs in the 40s and lows in the 20s, which has me thinking you may be getting a real taste of winter up there. I hope it is short-lived.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B Power Walk, YinYasa Yoga, KCM "RAW" Upper Weights & Legs, and a lot of stretching. My lower back has been hurting since I injured myself at pickleball last week.

Early Monday morning the temp was 27 degrees, we had frost this morning too. It turned out to be a gorgeous sunny day with temps in the mid 70's!

Laurie, great workouts! I'm so glad you had a nice time with your dd's and a great weekend too! We definitely need to take advantage of the beautiful weather while we have it.

There was no way we would get snow around here at this time of the year. I suppose with those low temps at night we could've. I hope you don't have any snow on Saturday but do get your boots ready!

I am glad my injury is better but it sure caused my back to get stiff. I need a lot of movement, massage and stretch; which I did today.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a very productive weekend with nice weather.

Great workouts!

I can't believe you didn't get the cold Saturday we had! I have 6 plants in the garage we are saving. Two huge ferns, a small one, two other plants which name I can't remember and my avocado plant.
    It is sad to see the late afternoon turn dark so quickly and early! We are also going to have warm days this week and I believe rain Thursday and Friday.

Talk to you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Raw Boxing & Legs 2. Fun workout, of course that is my favorite way to work a body part. :D

Laurel, Nice that you where able to get out in the nice fall weather. For sure you need to take advantage of that. Great workouts! The night sweats is the one thing that I noticed has been less frequent for me. If I do get warm during the day, it is a matter of me moving around. The only other thing that I have noticed, my weight has been slowly going down. I have not really changed the way I eat, so crossing my fingers. ;) Oh my on your weather, that is getting cold. They had snow up north, and I'm sure that DH will be getting the snow blower checked out to see if it will start.

Thelma, Good workouts! Sorry to hear that your back is having issues. Hard to do a workout when that is hurting. Got to love those days that start out that cold, but get into some really comfortable temps. The more I think about the snow, it is starting to grow on me. This time of the year is nice to have it, but then after Christmas it can go away. :D I know that isn't going to happen, but it would be so nice.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by two ten minute yoga classes, one focused on core and one on floor poses. And then I took another long(er) walk to enjoy another beautiful day.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry your back is bothering you though. Hopefully a little rest, massage and stretch will fix it up quickly. The plants we got rid of were just too big to store…even in our garage. Hopefully we can find something similar next year.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout. I have long said the perfect winter for me would go from the end of October (like the day before Halloween) until December 26. And then the rest of the year could be anything but winter. :) Sadly, Mother Nature has never decided to change the starting date of winter from December 21. :D But, like you, this is the time of year I want cold and cozy and Christmas movies and all that stuff. But, anymore, that happens rarely…..especially in Alabama! We had a much better shot at it in Alaska. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Jessica Smith Belly Buns and Thighs Walk, Revive and Restore Yoga, and Pickleball followed by stretching and massage. The Jessica Smith workout was a really good one. I used 1 lb dumbbells.

My back is still giving me a hard time but with massage and stretching I'm able to relieve the tightness. Yoga is helping too.

I checked the weather forecast and there is a chance of snow in the mountains this weekend. I doubt we'll get any. I bet they meant for higher altitudes. We did have another warm and sunny day.

Laurie, sounds like a fun workout! Great job! How fortunate that your weight has been going down!!

It is hard to workout when your back is hurting. I am being extremely careful.
    I'm so glad the thought of snow is growing on you.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I hope what I'm doing fixes my back. The chiropractor had helped a lot. I feel like we're started at zero since my pickleball injury though.

I hope you're able to find similar plants to the ones you liked this summer!
    Can you believe we're about to start the last two weeks of the STS rotation? Crazy!

I'll talk to you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Chest, Triceps & Extended Stretch. If you have to do chest and triceps, this is the one to do. The two are not my favorite body parts, probably because there are push ups and dips involved in some way. :D

Laurel, Great job on those workouts, and the nice long walk. I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one that would like to have winter that short. I would add a nice fire into the mix of cozy things. Right now I'm crocheting an afghan, finally found some yarn that I like. Hobby Lobby has this brand called Yarn Bee, and they are some of the softest that I have found. I got the one called Go Go Cocoa, and they are nice fall colors. I wish that they had something that was sort of Christmas. The closest thing they have is Strawberry Swish, it has red and gray. Have you been working on anything?

Thelma, Nice workouts! Good job with all that you are doing for your back. Can't believe that I'm actually looking forward to some snow, it probably is because that gets me in the mood to bake. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Interesting new format here on MFP! I thought I was in the wrong place. :) Anyhow, today’s workout was Cathe Live Total Body HiiT (which is a great circuit style workout) followed by Xtend Barre Signature 1 and a Hips and Glutes stretch from Open Fit. And another long walk! We are getting rain tomorrow followed by a cold front this weekend, so I made sure to value my time under the blue skies and sunshine today.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry your back is still bothering but hope it improves soon. I can’t believe we are entering our last two weeks of this STS rotation either. It has simultaneously flown by and felt like it has gone on forever. :D But I am so very happy we have done it. Thank you for the suggestion way back whenever you made it. I am looking forward to the next one…..in a little while. :) I hope you avoid the snow this weekend. We are just supposed to be colder.

Laurie, great workout. I agree about push-ups and dips. I enjoy other chest and triceps work, but not those moves. I haven’t been working on anything creative unfortunately. That is one of the reasons I want this forearm tendonitis gone. Grasping anything for too long irritates it, and to crochet, I need to hold on to something. But hopefully by mid-December it will be gone. It improves with every day despite all that I am doing with the arm. I will have to look for that yarn at Hobby Lobby. I think the yarn I used to make my last couple of baby blankets came from there, but I don’t remember the brand. I am very picky about my yarn. It has to be super soft. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi Ladies! Wow! I thought something was wrong with MFP when I saw that the page looked different! The totally redid the user interface! 

My workout today was ICE Metabolic Total Body followed by stretching.

We had another beautiful day here in BR. Rain Thursday and Friday and back to very cold nights after that.

Laurie, great workout! I don't mind dips as much pushups. Cathe does love her pushups!

I can't believe you're looking forward to the snow either. I'm so glad baking is not my thing because I would be in serious trouble!

Laurel, great workouts! Sounds like we're going to have the same weather! I don't think we're going to get snow any time soon around here.

I hope my back will improve soon. I had my target practice session today and I had to take an Aleve because standing for too long causes pain. I'm glad I took the Aleve because after almost two hours on my feet it started to hurt. 

I agree with you on how the STS rotation simultaneously flown by and felt like it has gone forever! We learned a lot about recovery periods. I think true recovery weeks every two weeks will be very helpful to me because STS really makes me tired.

Have you considered going to your DH's chiropractor for your elbow? Maybe he/she can help.

See you tomorrow!

Thelma

• StiringWendel
    Options

Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 50 minute spin followed by 45 minutes of yoga. It is cloudy and blustery today, but I still took a nice walk. I find this time of year it is really important for me to get outside when I can.

Thelma, great workout. No doubt standing for two hours would make your back hurt. I am glad the Aleve helped. You bring up a good idea with seeing a chiropractor about my arm. Like I said to Laurie, it improves every day now, but if that time off in December doesn’t do the trick, I might give the chiropractor a try.

Laurie, I hope you are well and not lost somewhere inside this new MFP format! It has changed even from yesterday. 😯 But we have new smiley faces!! 🙂

See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Options

Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Jessica Smith Fat Burning Cardio, abs, Slow Flow Yoga, followed by stretching. My back thankfully is doing better. I don't like the new MFP user interface. it actually seems like they went the archaic way with basic format and fonts.

We had a cloudy day and it eventually rained for a couple of hours after 5pm. I'm not looking forward to the cold weather coming our way.

Laurel, great workouts and good idea to take your walks whenever possible during this time of the year. I'm glad your elbow is improving and that you would consider visiting the chiropractor if not better by next month.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Thelma

• StiringWendel
    Options

Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live PHA Supersets 2 followed by Cathe Live Kick Punch Cardio.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad your back is doing better. We got buckets of rain yesterday afternoon, but today is sunny again—at least here on the hill. The valleys are fogged in. We aren’t supposed to get as cold as they earlier predicted tomorrow, but we do have freeze warnings for the next few nights. Thankfully I don’t have to worry about that because the plants we hope to get through winter are already inside.

I am not quite sure what I think about this new format. I like that we can save draft messages but, other than that, I don’t know. I suppose I will get used to it.

Enjoy your weekend.

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was quiet and busy with house and chicken chores. It got cold overnight and temps dropped into the mid 20's! Thankfully, it warmed up during the day.

My workouts on Friday were Jessica Smith Power Walk, Gentle Yoga Flow and S&S PHA Basic Premix. On Sunday I did a low impact Peloton Ride and STS Disc 35 Plyo Legs.

Laurel, great workouts on Friday! It was also sunny here on Friday and over the weekend.

The fog has been so heavy lately that we can't even see the trees across from our house. The valleys are also fogged in here every day lately. Surprisingly the tender plants I left under the carport are very much alive! I had a begonia and another plant. You would never know we had a frost! Amazing! I think the new MFP format is something we will eventually get used to.

My favorite function right now is the preview/edit function.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I was not on line, had a few days off and I didn't stay in front of the computer. I like having the time away from the electronics. I really didn't workout either. I had an ingrown toenail, and it just hurt to wear shoes. I did do some stretching. This morning was so much better, and I was able to do some yoga. I did Yoga Warrior 365 Versatile Warrior.

My time off was cold and damp, and we actually had snowflakes coming down yesterday. I'm probably going to be off every Friday until Christmas, and then off the full week leading up to the new year. I can't believe that it is almost the end of the year.

Laurel, LOL about the new smiley faces. :) Had to try them out. Wonder why they would include a kissy face. :D This site isn't the only one that changed their format. Great job on all your workouts! While I was driving to work they where talking about the weather forecast, and they said it was going to warm up by Wednesday into the 50's. :o Funny how that is going to be warm.

Thelma, Awesome job on your workouts also! I haven't tried out all the options, but the pages sure do load very slow and sometimes don't load so I have to do a refresh. I see that they are working out the bugs for the change. Are your chickens cozy warm in their coop?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed your weekends. Mine was quiet as DH was in Missouri visiting his parents. Thankfully his travels went smoothly, and he was home for dinner last night. This time of year, you never know when traveling. I enjoyed his time away by watching some Christmas movies on Hallmark. They aren’t his cup of tea (putting it mildly), but it was nice to watch a couple of them this weekend.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Xtend Barre Pilates Cardio Fusion 2 and 60 minutes of Peloton yoga. Yesterday was a 30 minute HiiT and Hills spin into STS Disc 35/Plyo Legs. Today was STS Disc 34/Chest and Back followed by Fit/Split Boxing Bootcamp cardio and abs.

Thelma, great workouts. We finally had some frost Saturday night, but it was warm enough by mid-morning yesterday that I could drink a cup of coffee in the deck. Our leaves are falling off the trees fast now, and our lawn is close to covered. But it is still so beautiful. Hopefully your chickens are happy and warm. Are they all healthy?

Laurie, I was thinking last night that I would probably benefit immensely from a total electronics break. I bet it felt good to take one. I am sorry to hear about your toe, though. I am glad you felt well enough to do some yoga today. I saw part of the Packers game yesterday and the snow flying around. Nothing makes it feel like winter like a good Packers game in the snow…..but yesterday’s game wasn’t quite that…yet. :D We are supposed to be in the 70s the next two days! I have a feeling this is going to be a very warm winter for us. And the only problem with that is it means none of the bugs will die, which could make for an uncomfortable summer next year. But I will take that over cold, snowy weather, especially come January.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B 2500 Steps, YinYasa Yoga and STS Disc 34 Chest and Back, followed by stretching.
    I can't believe Thanksgivings is next week Ladies!

Laurie, I'm glad you're OK and had a long weekend! Even if your weekend was cold and damp, it was time away from work and that is always good time! Fridays off are the best!
    Sorry about your ingrown toenail. I'm glad you're doing better. What a concept to go off electronics! Good for you! I'm not sure I could do that voluntarily! Electronics would have to be taken away from me for me to do it.
    Good job getting a yoga workout in!

Interesting that the MFP pages not loading fast for you. They do for me.
    I hope the chickens are warm and cozy but I think the actual coop needs work. At least they are well protected from the wind and rain. Chickens body temperature is either 104 or 107 degrees so they do better in the winter than in hot summers. If tiny song birds survive the winters these big birds should too. I still worry though.

Laurel, I'm glad your husband had a good trip and is back home already. How are his parents doing? He's a good sport for enduring the Christmas movies! LOL
    Great workouts!

We are glad the days are warming up nicely after these cold nights. How nice that you could have coffee on your deck. It's almost usually windy on our deck and it's in the shade until the late afternoon. I really think we've had the best foliage colors this year since we've lived here.
    We think the chickens are happy and warm. Thankfully everybody is healthy. The new girls are still in quarantine; which ends next week. We will then start placing their kennel next to the coop so they get used to seeing each other. Hopefully, it won't take more than a couple of weeks to integrate them. No eggs yet from our only hen of laying age. I found out they slow the egg production down in the winter. Maybe we won't get eggs until the spring.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I enjoyed the yoga so much yesterday that I decided to do another one. This one concentrated on the shoulders, and I can really feel them now. Guess that it is working. The workout was Yoga Warrior 365 Responsible Warrior. One of the things that I really enjoy about Rudy Mettia, he tells you that it is okay if you are on your knees. I find that I'm enjoying these more than even the last time I went through them.

Laurel, Very nice that you had a weekend to watch some movies. I usually have my tv on in the background when I'm quilting. At least I can hear, even through I'm not watching. How are your DH's parents doing? Great job on all your workouts. I'm surprising myself with the yoga. I hesitated to try doing anything with the toe, but since I'm doing the plank moves on my knees, I don't have the pain. The toe is almost healed though. We didn't get any of the snow that stuck, but I know that there was quite a bit further up north. I guess the bugs would enjoy those warmer temps.

Thelma, Nice workouts! The holidays are creeping up on us very fast. We will be having Thanksgiving at our house. This is one holiday that I really enjoy cooking for, so I'm glad that there will be people to eat all the food. These last couple of years has usually been just our kids and us. Today the MFP pages loaded faster. I will probably do another non electronic time during Christmas. Of course when I'm up at my parents, I'm so busy talking to Mom that I just ditch the electronics. Guess that the chickens would have to have a warm body temp to survive. My Aunt and Uncle had chickens, but I never thought about them much when we where kids. They where just there. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by XBarre Pilates Hit The Mat 2.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad to hear your chickens are all healthy. Hopefully all goes well next week when you integrate them. I hope you get eggs before spring, though. I agree about the fall colors. While we have had our fair share of trees just turn brown, the yellows and reds we have had have been brilliant. My in-laws are doing very well. I am surprised how well they have adapted to life in Missouri, but they have been there nearly two years now. Hopefully I will get up there this spring with DH to see them.

Laurie, another great yoga workout. I remember enjoying his teaching style in the two workouts of his I did on YouTube. I am really glad you are enjoying them now. I am glad your toe is doing better as well. As I said to Thelma, my in-laws are doing very well. My DH thinks my FIL looks healthier now than he has in years, which is wonderful to hear. I think the pandemic was tough on them because nobody was able to visit for so long, but now they are getting more visits and that helps my MIL in particular. She is one who loves to have her family around for sure. I smiled when you said you listened to the Hallmark movies when quilting. I am sure you have no problem whatsoever following what is going on without watching! I think there are maybe four or five story lines (at most) they keep repeating with different actors. But I still enjoy them. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit, Revive and Restore Yoga, followed by lower body massage and lots of stretching. I didn't have a good back day today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

We had a mostly cloudy day but it was warm which was great.

Laurie, I am so glad you chose to do another yoga workout. I am really enjoying the live classes again even if some I do via Zoom. The studio owner has two facilities. The main one is in the next county and there's no way I'm going to drive there. The owner had us doing a pigeon/thread the needle pose. We were like pretzels and I liked it.

I'm glad your toe is doing better. Keep nursing it!

It feels very surreal that the holidays are upon us. I am finding it very hard to believe that Thanksgivings day is next week. I'm glad you will be hosting Thanksgiving at your house! I can see how you don't have time for electronics when you're with your mom. My great grandmother had chickens too and they were just there too! LOL

Laurel, great choice of workouts!
    We won't fully integrate the chickens next week. They'll just be neighbors in a different cage. It's important for them to get to know each other from afar I guess.

I'm glad you also had vibrant foliage colors and that your in-laws are doing so well! YDH left must've left Missouri feeling good about how well his parents are doing. Hopefully, you'll be able to go see them soon. Are you going to spend time with your sisters during the holidays?

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did RAW Box & Sculpt. This one was light weight, and perfect for my week. No jumping around at all. My toe is almost to the point where I can probably up the jumping if I want to.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts! I'm so glad to hear that your in-laws are doing so well. My mom is the same way with wanting to have her family around her. Being by herself has been hard. She has been getting rid of a lot of things, and now she wants me to start selling some of her things that none of us want. The grandchildren have been taking some of the things, but her doll collection is not going over. Those are what she wants me to sell. Guess I have to investigate the on-line options to see what is best. LOL about the Hallmark movies. I have those few that I have to watch, just because I really like them. In fact my DH bought the DVD's of those, just in case they don't play them. :D They produce so many every year, and the older ones don't get played as much.

Thelma, Good job on your workout, but dang on the back. Sending you those healing vibes. I'm surprising myself with how much I'm enjoying the yoga workouts. I think that having this toe thing, made me rethink and know that I had to do something different. Glad that you are enjoying your classes, even with zoom. Has the internet been cooperating for you, so that it doesn't stop? I'm going to be off on Friday again, so one of my tasks is going to be the Thanksgiving shopping.

Have a great day!
    Laurie