Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Tuesday wasn't a good day for me. I am starting to think that on top of my back issues, I'm going through something autoimmune. My energy level is low and the fact that my back issues are on both sides of my body could indicate something autoimmune. I have an appointment with my good rheumatologist a week from Friday. I'm also going for a lumbar MRI on the 18th.

We took of our cats for their physicals too. One is 14 and borderline hyperthyroid, the other one is 13 and borderline diabetic. Yikes! The third cat's physical is in December. Hopefully there won't be anything wrong with her but she is 11.

I struggled with my energy level all day and putting one foot in front of the other was hard. I still got two walking sessions in, plus a little Gina B dancing workout. I just couldn't lift weights today.

Laurie, thank you so much for posting those pictures! The dress and the quilt are beautiful! The dress is so romantic! I love the neckline and the lace on the top and bottom! Is the lace at the bottom one piece that was sewn in? Did your niece ask you to make her dress? the quilt is also beautiful. I love quilts! YOU are one talented lady!

What a surprise with that video and your dad congratulating the couple! I would've been in tears too!

Thanks for the trouper comment. I try to move because things would get really get bad for me if I don't.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi there! Wednesday was a MUCH better day! Thank God! We got a little rain which is great. I can't remember when the last time it rained.

My workouts were Gentle Yoga, Walking and BB Bulk Legs.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, but I spent the day home with a cold. And yes it is a cold, because the Covid test was negative. ;) So needless to say I didn't workout yesterday or today. Just felt that getting sleep was more important than working out. Of course I probably would have just been coughing anyway.

Thelma, Glad to see that you are getting in your workouts. So nice to hear that your day yesterday was so good. We had tornado warnings yesterday, so DH and I where in the basement for a little while. There where at least 5 confirmed tornados, and one of them touched down about a mile away from where our oldest works. Yes I did make the dress, and the lace on the bottom was in lengths. Some of it was pieced, but not the larger parts. My mom and sister where the ones that sewed that on. I did the upper portion. I was so happy that the dress seemed to be made for her. Of course she loved it. She did ask me to make it for her. She wanted her mom to make it, but my sister asked me to do it. My first attempt at a wedding dress. :D Thanks for the compliments on the quilt. It is made with flannel material, and that was the first time that I had made a quilt with flannel. They like to camp and be outdoors, so I thought having a warm quilt would be useful.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi there! My workouts on Thursday were Walking outdoors and BB Bulk Shoulders. I had a pretty good day too.

Laurie, I'm sorry you have a cold. I'm glad you decided to rest instead of working out. How scary about the tornadoes!
    Your niece's wedding dress is really beautiful and very special because you, her mom and grandmother worked on it. For your first attempt at making a wedding dress, you did an amazing job!
    I like the quilt even better now that I know it was made with flannel!

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Morning!

No workout again today, but I do feel a lot better. I'm planning on getting something in tomorrow for sure.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts. Glad that you had another good day. Hopefully they will just keep being that way. We are having some amazing fall colors right now. How is it around your area? Of course with those pretty fall colors, our temperatures have dropped into the 30's at night. It gets warmer during the day, but not by much. Maybe I can convince DH to go for a walk when I get home from work. We have to take advantage of the remaining sunlight right now, because the end of daylight savings time will be upon us before we know it.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Laurie! I hope you had a good weekend. We had a good one, but it was very busy with house and zoo chores as always.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Yoga, walking and BB Bulk shoulders.
    Saturday walking outdoors.
    Sunday walking outdoors and KCM 30MTF Your Best Body. Loved this workout. I am going to be doing KCM workouts for now.

We are expected to have below 30 degree nighttime temps this week.

The town is full of leaf peepers. The landscape looks incredibly beautiful with all the fall colors.

I hope you were able to get a nice walk in with your DH.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well the amount of movement I did this weekend was minimal for workouts. I did some walking, but that was about it. Anytime I attempted to workout, I started to cough and cough. I just gave up. This morning was better, but the nose was running. :D Glad that I picked a short, and not to strenuous workout. We did cleaning, and sorting to get rid of some more of his mom's stuff that we have at our house. DH will be taking some more things to St. Vincent, and some furniture to the Restore on Tuesday. The condo is now empty, and will be put on the market on Wednesday. It will be nice to have that on the market, and hopefully sold quickly.

Thelma, Great job with all those workouts! Glad that you enjoyed the 30MTF workout. I think that you will enjoy those, I tend to gravitate toward her workouts. LOL about the leaf peepers, I will have to remember that. Right now it is snowing outside. Apparently up north they are expected to get over a foot of snow in some areas. I'm not ready for the cold..

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We are safely back from our wonderful trip. And it truly was a wonderful trip. The travel went well, the weather was perfect, the hotels were fantastic, and we were able to do everything we wanted to do and then some. I had absolutely no interest in coming back home. :D But we did. :)

I didn’t work out at all while gone, but we did a ton of walking. It actually felt really good to give my body a little break from the workouts because, with the pandemic limiting our travels, I really haven’t had a break since early 2020 minus my self-imposed recovery days. But I did get back at it yesterday. I am starting slowly but even then I am already sore. :o:p . But I know that will improve by the end of the week. Anyhow, my workouts yesterday were Cathe Live Cardio Metabolic Sweat and Total Ball Fit Express, which was a very moderate total body workout using the stability ball. Today was a 45 minute Low Impact spin into Cathe Live Fast and Fierce Lower Body, which was her Live class from last week. Since Cathe is filming, she has been doing short Live classes, and this one was 29 minutes long. It was perfect for today.

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear about your continuing problems with your back and your energy levels. I am glad you were able to get an MRI scheduled so quickly as well as get an appointment with a rheumatologist. Hopefully you will get some answers soon on what is going on. You much be so frustrated. But you have been doing great with your workouts, though I am glad you are taking breaks when you need to. I understand why you have leaf peepers up there right now. It looked so beautiful across Georgia when we landed on Friday. It is beautiful here as well, despite a freeze warning tonight.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about your cold. I hope you feel better soon. I am glad to hear you are going to be able to get your MIL’s condo on the market soon. What a relief that will be. Your niece’s wedding dress is so beautiful! You did a fantastic job with both it and the quilt. I love that you made a quilt in flannel. That sounds so cozy. Great job with your workouts pre-illness. It’s best not to do much while you still have the cough so I am glad you are taking it easier. Snow? I would so not be ready for that right now. Hope you don’t get too much where you are at.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Tuesday were Gina B Pop Mix, Walking Outdoors and KCM 30MTF Slim Sculpting I. This KCM workout was kettlebell workout, perfect for the day after a total body workout. I love that she includes abs in these workouts.

We are bracing for the deep freeze here. It's super windy and temps will drop to 30. We've started to winterize the coop to protect the girls from the wind. The tender plants are safely in the garage and my beautiful mums are covered with a huge tarp.

Cathe's STS program will go on sale on Monday! From her newsletter:
    STS 2.0 Muscle and Recovery features 8 recovery routines, including:

1. Mat Yoga
    2. Mobility #1
    3. Chair Yoga
    4. Total Body Stretch
    5. Mobility #2
    6. Active Recovery
    7. Foam Roller Lower Body
    8. Foam Roller Upper Body

I love that she's including all those recovery routines. I can't wait to check out her version of chair yoga because the classes I've seen here are usually for the elderly.

She's going to be selling lots of new gear too. Looks like she's selling socks too.

Laurie, I'm really sorry that cold hit you so hard! I can't believe you had the energy to finish doing cleaning and getting rid of some of your MIL's things! I'm sure you're all relieved that the condo can be put in the market. I hope it sells quickly!

Good job starting with a gentle workout. I am definitely enjoying Kelly's workouts. I don't know why I don't do them more often because she is so efficient with her workouts.

You'd never heard the term 'leaf peepers' before? I really don't know if it's used here in GA but it sure is used back east. Over a foot of snow up north! Yikes! No one is ready for the cold weather at all.

Laurel, welcome back! I thought you still had another week in Italy! I am so happy you made it back home safely and had a fantastic time in Italy! it's always bittersweet to have to come back home when you're having a great vacation.

I'm sure your body was happy to get a break from the tough Cathe workouts. Great job getting back into your workout routine!

I actually had a few good back days last week. Over the weekend we were busy around the house and was on my feet a lot, ended up exhausted, and sat a lot afterwards. Sitting a lot isn't good for me. I am wondering how the heck I am going to deal with this because I can't stand all of the time! I am feeling signs of improvement though.

My MRI was scheduled ahead of the insurance approval, which they have yet to receive. We had to reschedule for the 27th.

The foliage colors are gorgeous. It's always sad to see the trees lose their leaves though. You came back right on time for the deep freeze. The weekend was warm here, which was very nice.

Welcome back!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I did a leg workout of CG's. Decided to do Iron Day 6, and it was a good one. Picked this workout, because I just enjoyed staying in my warm bed for a bit longer than usual. :D The workout was so much better with no coughing. ;)

Laurel, Welcome back, and so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful trip. I'm glad that you had a chance to relax your body and just enjoy. You are good at getting back into your workouts, they sure sound like fun. Thanks for the kudos on the dress and quilt. I have to admit that I was so so happy that the dress just seemed perfect for her.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Kelly is great with the kb workouts, some of my favorites. I'm very curious to see what type of rotation that she will have with all of these workouts. I was impressed with all of the recovery workouts that she had listed. I hope that your temps are not to bad. I have not covered any of my plants, it just gets to difficult to cover them up. The snow around here didn't do much, but they did get quite a bit on the ground. Our temps are going to start warming up by the weekend, so that will mean getting outside to clean up all the leaves that are flying all over the place.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe Live 21 and Done which is an express upper body workout. I followed it with Cathe Live High Energy Kickboxing and then some yoga. The yoga felt fantastic today. I have noticed the last few days how much my body tightened up after two weeks without stretching. My goal going forward is to try to do yoga three times a week. Emphasis on the word ‘try’. :D

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad you are enjoying the KCM workouts. I was reading up on STS 2.0 yesterday, and it sounds very different from STS, which I think is good. I love that she is adding so many recovery workouts and that each segment involves different types of workouts (total body, upper/lower, one body part). It sounds like this program is going to be far more versatile than STS which is wonderful. I’m sorry your MRI got delayed but at least it isn’t for too long.

Laurie, great workout. Hope our cough continues to improve. Like you, I am really curious what rotations Cathe comes up with for this new series. Hopefully when the pre-sale goes up next week, she might have more details like workout lengths and such too.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were walking and Yoga Slow Flow.

We had blustery and sunny Tuesday. I think our highest temp was 45 degrees.

Laurie, great workout! I'm so glad you're feeling better! I know you love the KB workouts and thought of you when I was doing it. Does Kelly have other KB DVDs?

So far, the new STS system sounds pretty impressive. I noticed that the fitness gear featured in her new program is already for sale on her website.

I'm glad the snow there didn't do much. We also should start to warm up toward the end of the week. DH has been outside with his leaf blower a couple of times. Our trees are still full of leaves.

Laurel, fantastic workout combo! I believe you about your body tightening up after two weeks without stretching. i would've been a mess! I'm sure you'll be able to get three days yoga into your weekly routine. Don't you already do yoga twice a week?

The new STS sounds very different than the original one. Does the new STS also stand for Strength Training System? This is going to be a versatile program. The original STS wasn't versatile at all! LOL

Thankfully I won't have to wait too long to get the MRI done. I see the rheumatology I like on Friday.

See you tomorrow.
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Iron Day 7 Shoulders & Triceps. I'm probably going to stick with the Iron series for now, it just fits into my time schedule better than the Epic series. The other plus is that it is for 5 weeks, and I can move onto something else. Love the workout and my shoulders and triceps are really feeling the workout.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, and setting your goal of trying to get more stretching in. I know that is one thing that I really need to concentrate more on. That is one of the reasons that I'm wondering why type of rotations that she will have. If she uses those mobility workouts as stand alone, or if they will be add ons. At this point I would need them to be stand alone, unless they are really short. So like you I will be curious to see the information next week. Of course I will be ordering them, but just want all the information. :D

Thelma, Love your workouts! I'm actually looking forward to the warm up, they are saying temps into the 70's on Friday for us. :o Kelly only has one more DVD that involves kettlebells, and that is in the Build and Burn series. It is a combo of kickboxing and kb's. All of the other kettlebell workouts that she has are on her RAW channel. I saw the varied amount of new gear. I'm probably going to get a foam roller, and wondering if I will need the balance disc. :# I don't have that piece of equipment. :D We still have quite a bit of leaves in our trees, but there is a lot on the ground too. :p

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute HiiT and Hills spin, LIS Lower Body Trisets and 30 minutes of Pilates. I am going to feel this in my legs tomorrow, but it felt good while I was doing it. :)

Thelma, great workouts. We aren’t quite as cold as you but cold enough. I think we hit 50 yesterday and will be about the same today. Since we are going to warm back up at the end of the week, I told myself I wouldn’t be turning on the heat. But the temperature in the house this morning was in the 50s, so….the heat is on. :) The original STS was Shock Training System, and I think this new one is Strength Training System. I think there may be quite a bit more repetition in a full program of these new workouts than there were in the original STS, which takes the ‘shock’ factor out of it I suppose. I have been doing yoga once a week for a few years now and some weeks will do it twice. So moving up to three times a week will be new! But I really think I need to shorten my cardio times and will fill that time in with yoga or Pilates or barre. We’ll see how that goes.

Laurie, great workout. I am really curious about how long these new STS workouts are going be. She said last year at the virtual road trip she was going to try to keep them 45 minutes or less, and I hope that is the case. I am going to be curious to see if they do any premixes for this series. The original STS was so structured and results focused that I understand why they didn’t any with that series. But I wonder if the same approach will be taken with this new series. Looking forward to learning more Monday! Like you, I will be ordering them regardless.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Walking Outdoors, and KCM 30MTF Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit Back, Chest, Shoulders. Another great KCM supersets workout.

Laurie, sounds like another great workout! Good job!

We're going to be in the low 70's starting Saturday. I can't wait!
    I just checked KCM's website, and that Build & Burn DVD is on sale for $29.99. I didn't know she had any workout series! I've seen the names on the side of the DVD cases, but I didn't think anything of it.

You are going to need a foam roller for those recovery workouts. I've had one for a long time. I also have two balance discs that I got for physical therapy years ago.

Laurel, great workout combo!

I think DH must've turned the heat on because it isn't cold in the house! Too funny about turning the heat on at your house! LOL. Was it warm in Italy? My told me last week that it wasn't hot in Milan anymore.

I actually had the right name for the new series! DUH! LOL

I think your body will love the added yoga workouts. You could probably reduce your cardio to 30 minutes those days when you do yoga. Take it as a semi-recovery day.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Glutes & Hamstrings. I have come to realize that I need to get some heavier weights. My heaviest is 30lbs and that just isn't going to meet my needs with these hip thrusters in the future. I used my weighted vest, so that added 12lbs. I don't like using my barbell, because that just hurts. Of course I could find some type of pillow, so that I could use the barbell. Well, getting heavier weights is probably something I need to do anyway. :D Between these CG workouts and the new STS, I'm going to need them. :*

Laurel, Great job with those workouts, sounds like you are back into it with gusto. I remember Cathe stating that the workouts wouldn't be as long as STS. Sometimes I wish that those STS workouts had premixes. Only because I'm to lazy to ff. :D Then again that takes away from what the program was set up to accomplish. You have inspired me to make tomorrow my stretching/yoga, because if I make that day on a weekend, it will not happen. Something else will always be more important. ;) Will be interested to see how your new plan works for you.

Thelma, Awesome job with those workouts! The guy in those workouts really has some bad form once in a while. ;) All the workouts on the Build & Burn series are really good, and under 30 min. I really like the Cardio Core workout, it doesn't have a lot of high impact. If there is, she always has a modifier. Guess I have to invest in that foam roller, gosh I so need an orange one. It wouldn't be hard to see, that's for sure. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LIS Back, Biceps and Core, Cathe Live Boxing HiiT Express and yoga. All felt good today.

Thelma, great workouts. It was surprisingly warm the first week we were in Italy. The locals were complaining, which I understand completely. But is was shorts and summer dress weather in Rome and Positano. Tuscany was cooler, but still short sleeve weather. We only had a few very short rain showers the entire time we were there. So far my body is loving the shorter cardio workouts and more stretch!

Laurie, great workout. I have dumbbells up to 40#, and only use the 40# for one arm rows (in STS), some plié squats and, again in STS, squats. But I use the 35# weights way more. So I think they would make a great investment. :) And a foam roller too. :D Hope you enjoy your yoga tomorrow!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Walking Outdoors and KCM 30MTF Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit Legs/Glutes and Arms. Another fantastic KCM workout.

We our first frost on Wednesday night. The temperature was 26 degrees at about 7am. It was cold! Looking forward to warmer temps!

Laurie, great workout! I love that CG is making up your weights! It does sound like you have to shop for some weights, a foam roller and a barbell pad!

I also wish STS had premixes. I wish Cathe would've come up with different name for her new series so we wouldn't have two STS series.

I agree with you about the guy on L2bFit workout having bad form. He didn't distract me like Brenda does on Cathe's DVDs.

Laurel, great workouts! I am so glad your body is loving the shorter cardio workouts and more stretch. I've been doing a lot more stretching lately too.

I didn't think the temps would be too warm during your trip. I'm glad the second week was better.

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I got in my yoga. I did GHUTV Power Flow Yoga, and it was perfect.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts! Love the sound of the Live one for sure. Thanks for the info on the right amount of weight. I'm going to hit the TJ Maxx at some point this weekend, because some people have indicated that they have some 30 and 50lb kettlebells for a reasonable price. The highest amount that I have is 20, but I would like at least 30 and or 50 for swings. So new weights, a foam roller and of course my kb's. I have not invested in new equipment lately, so I think that I need something new.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! Glad to hear that you had another Kelly workout that you enjoyed.
    Dang on the frost, but I guess that the cold temps are coming no matter what. Of course today is going to be a warm one, so I'm looking forward to that. I do have a pad for my bar, but never remember that I have it. :D I'm super impressed with how much weight CG can lift. She uses over 20lbs on her shoulders. So for me it is goal setting.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin, LIS Trisets Chest, Shoulders and Triceps premix and 20 minutes of Peloton Pilates. My body feels really good after this week. I feel ready enough to tackle split set workouts for the next few weeks! I am looking forward to it.

Thelma, great workouts. We got into the 20s this week, but we didn’t have any frost. I am glad you had moved your sensitive plants inside. We are warming up now with highs expected to be close to 80 by Monday. I would prefer 60-70 this time of year, but 80 is better than snow. B)

Laurie, great workout! A 50lb kettlebell?!? Wow!! DH bought a 30lb one years ago, and it feels way too heavy for me to swing. Great job! It’s always fun getting new equipment. :)

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel