Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good weekend. We had a nice. The weather was perfect! Temps warmed up into the low 70's!

My visit with the rheumatology went very well. She is wonderful. I am so glad I'm able to go to this rheumatologist now. She gave me a very thorough examination, and everything looks good. My labs look great, which means my back issues are not autoimmune related. I was exhausted by the time we got home. We left the house at 9:15 am and returned at 2:30 PM.
    I was prescribed a muscle relaxer for my back and Aleve for a week to see if things on my back get better. I didn't want to do this but I'm giving it a try just in case. I pulled something on my back on Saturday. It was painful all-day. It got better on Sunday after I massaged the area. I really think this happened because of the muscle relaxer.

I am also going to see a dermatologist for a skin check. Apparently, my RA med can make me prone to melanoma. This is something my old rheumatologist never mentioned. The current rheumatologist wants to be in control of my medical care as much as possible, which is the way it should be. She needs to have a full picture of my health. The other doctor never cared to know what else was going on with me. I walked out of that clinic feeling happy as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

My workouts on Friday and Saturday were walking and stretching.
    Sunday, walking and KCM 30MTF Upper Body Split Session, Stretching.

I checked at 1AM today to see if Cathe's new series was already available. It wasn't.

Laurie, great workouts! Good job getting your yoga workout in! You want to be able to do 30 and 50 lb swings! Wow! You are getting really strong!

I am really enjoying working out with Kelly. I am trying to do all the DVDs I have.
    CG is amazingly strong. You're getting there yourself too! 20 lbs for shoulders! Wow!

Laurel, great workouts! I am so glad your body is feeling really good after last week's workouts! I am sure you're totally ready for split set workouts. I love split set workouts!

Wow you did have cold temps last week too! I am glad to have warmers temps again. I agree with you, 80 is definitely better than snow! It will be a cooler 80, I'm sure.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really nice weekend, and the weather was perfect. We did a lot of work outside with picking up walnuts, to cleaning out the flower beds. We still have some leaves on the trees, but those will probably be bare by the end of the week. On Sunday I spent the day sewing.

My workouts where Saturday, Iron Day 9 Full Body. Sunday was an off day, and today was Iron Day 10 Back & Biceps.

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! Hope that your split session workouts start out feeling just as good as your last week. Yep I need to heavy up on the kettlebells. I like when I'm able to up the weights, just makes me feel really strong.

Thelma, Glad to hear that your weekend was nice like ours. So glad to hear that your new Dr. is so great. I'm sure that was a great weight off your mind that she is looking out for her patients. Looks like you got in some great workouts. I'm sure that we all will be watching for the information on the new workouts. I'm actually really happy with the pricing. It seems to be reasonable. I think one of the things that I like about CG is that I'm not afraid to lift heavier. I don't know why I'm not that way with other instructors.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! I just pre-ordered Cathe’s new series!! I think the price is very reasonable given the number of workouts. I wish there had been a little more information on the workouts, but when she said they would all emphasize hypertrophy with rests in between sets, I hit ‘preorder’ very quickly. That is my favorite form of lifting. I am really looking forward to this series.

Hope you enjoyed the weekend. The weather here was beautiful, so we took long walks, did some work outside and, generally, just enjoyed a very relaxing weekend. For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Core Control from her Build Balance and Inner Strength DVD followed by 30 minutes of hip focused yoga. Yesterday was a 40 minute spin followed by ICE To The Mat. I went in a bit of a different direction than I had planned this morning with my split sets, but I just went with what I felt like which was the Fit Split series, and this morning I did the Mixed Impact Cardio/Pull workout followed by Peloton Pilates.

Thelma, great workouts. I am SO happy to hear your appointment with the rheumatologist went well and that you got a good report. Hopefully the medications will, over time, help your back.

Laurie, great workouts. Sounds like a nice weekend as well. We still have almost all our leaves on our trees, so raking is down the road a bit for us. And, thankfully, this seems like a much lighter year for nuts coming off the trees than last year. That makes me happy.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, we had another beautiful day here in the mountains. It was sunny and the highest temp was 72. I did a lot of cooking between Sunday and Monday because it's my turn to take food to my friend with cancer. I was a little tired but I'm glad to be able to help a friend in need.

I pulled something on my back on Saturday morning. Today my PT told me that it was my lower-right rib. It was very painful. I had never been so happy to see the PT, but Monday morning I was very happy to see him. I knew he'd help me. He deeply massaged the kinks along my spine, and I got better as the day went on.

My workouts on Monday were Walking Outdoors X3 and KCM 30MTF Split Sessions Lower Body. This KCM workout was challenging for me. I don't remember doing it before. Great workout!

I also pre-ordered Cathe's STS 2.0 program. I am happy with the price too because I was expecting to pay at least $200. The program sounds wonderful. The only part I'm not sure I like is the zippered case because we'll have to flip through all those DVD's to find the one, we want. I prefer her usual DVD cases.

Laurie, good job getting all that yard work in! Our trees are still pretty full. We seem to be at full peak now with the foliage. It's gorgeous.

Great workouts!! Interesting that CG is helping you so much at lifting heavy!

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend!

I feel that the meds have definitely helped with the piriformis and sciatica. It will be interesting what happens after I stop taking the meds.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin, Fit/Split Legs and Glutes and yoga. We are under high wind warnings for later today so I think all those leaves that I said were on the trees yesterday may not be tomorrow. :) Hopefully we don’t get any tornadoes though.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad the meds are working and your PT was able to help you with your rib. I read a few of Cathe’s answers to STS 2.0 questions on Facebook yesterday, and I think I will love these workouts because of their versatility. I think the one answer that surprised and pleased me the most is there will be premixes. I will be very curious what those look like. I also like that she mentioned she did not lift to a specific beat of music, which I like. And all rests between sets are at least 60 seconds with some a little longer. I can’t wait to get more information over time. Hope this bad weather doesn’t hit you too hard where you are at.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B HIIT for Weight Loss, Walking Outdoors and KCM 30 MTF Trim Down I. This workout was a sweatfest! It's a combination of dumbbell exercises and boxing drills.

We finally got some rain tonight! Yaay! It sounded like it was raining pretty hard. I'm sure a lot of trees lost their leaves.

Laurel, great workouts! I hope you didn't have any tornadoes. I don't think we were under any warnings, but I'm not sure.

I haven't had a chance to read a lot of Cathe's FB stuff about the new program. I love that there will be a lot of premixes and plenty of rest between sets. I didn't know she hadn't lifted to a specific beat of music! The entire workout sounds amazing.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry that I wasn't on yesterday, but we where having some internet issues. It took forever for just my work pages to load. My workouts where CG Day 10 Legs, and Day 11 Chest & Triceps was this morning. Overall really good workouts so far.

Laurel, Great job with your workouts! I to have placed my order for the new series. So far I like what I have heard. I have not had a chance to view all the answers yet on her fb page, but hopefully will be able to look into it later this week. Hope that your weather cooperates. We had rain all day yesterday, and for some reason we are experiencing multiple power outages in our neighborhood. One of our neighbors called WE energies, and they will be investigating. We have plenty of walnuts on the ground if you feel the need to rake up some nuts. :D

Thelma, Awesome job with the workouts! Glad to hear that you got rain, we needed some also and of course it didn't hurt that it lasted all day long. Must have come with some strong winds though, because our patio table was on it's side when we woke up. I had a ceramic frog on the table, so he was a casualty. :'( Good thing DH had taken all my other frogs off of there, or we would have had a real mess. I think the new workouts are going to be great. Can't wait for the first quarter of the year.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Fit/Split Shred Cardio and Push Day followed by Cathe Live All Core On The Floor. I have concluded that I will never warm up into liking Shred Cardio, but, thankfully, it is short and gets the job done. Just too much jumping on and off the step for me though.

Thelma, great workouts. We got rain last night as well, but we didn’t get too much violent weather with it. It did knock some leaves down so I see raking in our future over the weekend.

Laurie, great workouts. I am sorry to hear about your internet issues, your electricity issues and your poor little ceramic frog! :'( That must have been quite a gust of wind to turn your table over. I would love to come help you with your walnuts, but, um, that’s a long drive. :D;)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga and walking x3.

After some much-needed rain on Tuesday night, Wednesday turned into a windy, cold and raw day. It was freezing!

My MRI got denied and no one knows why! My doctor's office is trying to figure why it was denied and will do whatever needs to be done to hopefully get approval.

Laurie, great workouts! Sorry you were having internet issues at work.

I'm glad you got some rain too, but that wind sounds pretty strong! I think it was a bit windy here too, but nothing like what you had. I can't wait for the first quarter of the year either. I hope the full workouts premixes will be on her website before that though.

Laurel, great workouts and good job for doing a workout you're not a fan of! I do the jumping on the floor.

I'm glad you got rain last night and that it didn't get too violent! There were lots of leaves on the ground.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was CG's Day 12 Chest & Triceps :o

Laurel, Great job with those workouts. I know that I will not be doing Shred Cardio, just not my type of workout. LOL about the long drive. I don't know how DH and I managed to drive from TN to WI in one day, but we where determined. You would need a day just to recover before walnut raking. :D Glad to hear that the weather wasn't as bad as they where predicting.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Dang on the denial of your MRI. Hopefully your doctor will be able to find out why, and get it rescheduled. I'm sure that they will have something for us to view before the workouts get to us.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a spin and then Cathe’s live class from today which was Yoga and Mobility Stretch. While this was a great Live workout, I kind of was hoping to see some new ‘moves’ that would give a hint to the new recovery workouts, but this class today was pretty much in line with the Perfect 30 Flow workouts. But it was good.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry to hear about your MRI though. Hopefully they can get that sorted out because that doesn’t seem quite right. Hope you are warming up today. We are back to sunshine and warmer temps for a few days again. It is a beautiful autumn day today for sure.

Laurie, great workout. I remember the drive from just north of Nashville to Lake Geneva for the Road Trip was pretty doable. But I am glad we did the 120 miles from here through Nashville the night before. I realized on our trip to Missouri this year (which was 700 miles) that I am really good in the car for between 500-600 miles. :D I remember somewhere between St. Louis and Kansas City MO on that trip just wanting it to be done and seeing we still had 200 miles to go. :| Don’t know that we will do that again straight through.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Sculpt and Flow Yoga, Walking Outdoors and KCM 30MTF Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit Legs/Glutes and Arms. The yoga class was new to me, it was a little challenging, but I loved it. There were lots of chaturangas, planks, abs and a little bit of legs and glutes. My abs definitely felt the class.

We had a beautiful day today. It was warm and sunny.

Laurie, great workout!

I hope my doctor is able to convince the insurance that the MRI is needed.

Laurel, great workouts! That yoga and mobility stretch class sounds wonderful!

My friend who is undergoing cancer treatment also has Blue Cross and they made her see a neurologist in order to get an MRI. I have the feeling I may have to do the same thing. It's insane that they don't tell the doctor why they denied the MRI though.

We also warmed up here thankfully! It was a gorgeous day.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was P30 Perfect Flow Yoga Strength & Flexibility. Felt like working out with Cathe this morning, and it was very nice.

This weekend is going to be busy. We have the baby shower tomorrow. I have it all set up at a local Mexican restaurant. Makes it way less stressful than having it at our house.

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! I guess that we where in the same mindset with the Cathe yoga flow. :D Hopefully Cathe will make another live workout that will be more toward the newer recovery workouts. :) Oh my, I don't know that I would be able to do 700 miles. My DH isn't a good driver, he gets tired. So I don't rest when I'm a passenger, because of that. I can drive and drive, but only for about 8-9 hours. I can only imagine what the last 200 miles was like. ;)

Thelma, Very nice workouts! Glad to hear that you had a nice day. One of my coworkers has to have an MRI. He has been having issues with his neck. He has been doing the move your whole upper body, just to see to the side.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe’s Push/Pull workout from her Body Blast series followed by Rockout Knockout. I needed a little kickboxing in my world today. :)

Thelma, great workouts. The yoga sounds fantastic. I hope that you get an answer on the MRI soon. Your poor friend dealing with something like that while having cancer just makes me so sad. Hopefully you don’t have to go see another doctor to get your appointment. I just went out to feed the birds and, while it is truly lovely, it is breezy enough that leaves are falling like snowflakes out there. It is officially leaf raking season in Alabama. :D

Laurie, great choice of a workout! I hope Cathe does a live class with the foam roller or using that new balance disc that I don’t know if I need or not. :) I never sleep when I am a passenger either. If I am driving and DH is in the car….he’s out like a light. But I can’t do the same in return. I can drive for longer durations than ride anymore. But DH prefers to do most of the driving on our trips. He hates being a passenger, which, I suppose, may be why he opts to go to sleep when he is. :) I hope everything goes well with the baby shower this weekend! What a special time.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was nice and actually got to relax a little this weekend. We sat out on the deck and enjoyed the foliage across the valley and the mountains. There are shades of red everywhere.

My workouts on Friday were Walking Outdoors and KCM 30MTF Muscle Up Lift 2B Fit Back, Chest, Shoulders.
    Saturday: walking.
    Sunday: Walking Outdoors and KCM 30MTF Circuit Burn, Stretching.

Laurie, great workout!

What a great idea to have the baby shower set up at a restaurant!! I hope everything went well!

Sounds like your coworker has a big issue with his neck!

Laurel, fantastic workouts!

I found out why the MRI was denied. They claim I didn't have enough time in treatment yet and that there was no surgery programmed. The MRI is needed to see what's wrong before the doctor determines if surgery is needed.
    it really is sad what a person with cancer is put through by the insurance companies.

It's definitely raining leaves! DH spent about two hours blowing leaves on Saturday, by Sunday the entire place was full of leaves.
    We finally got some rain tonight!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was nice. Saturday was a beautiful day and we spent a part of the day raking leaves. This first go around wasn’t too bad because the leaves were dry. But, of course, we got rain all day yesterday. So the yard has even more leaves in it now and they are wet. Oh well. But at least we got the winter guard fertilizer down in between those two events, so that was good. Yesterday was murky all day, but we did get a nice walk in between rain showers. Other than that, it was a pretty quiet day.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith walk and yoga. Yesterday was a 30 minute spin and Lean Legs and Abs. And today was Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Cathe Live Ready, Set, Step and 30 minutes of Peloton Pilates.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you were able to enjoy your autumn colors this weekend. One of the things we have noticed this year is we have more deep red color this year than we have ever seen here. Truly, it is one of the prettiest autumns for color we have had in Huntsville. But I think in a week it will be mostly over. Well, I am glad you have an answer about your MRI, but it doesn’t really make sense….especially the part about surgery. How would they even know if you needed surgery unless you had an MRI? And, honestly, I could argue that the PT would be most effective if they knew of any issues from an MRI before treating you as well. I will never understand the healthcare system. It should never be this hard.

Laurie, I hope all went well this weekend!

Happy Halloween. See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies! My workouts on Monday were Walking Outdoors, YinYasa Yoga and KCM 30MTF Slim Sculpting I.

Laurel, great workouts! It sounds like you got more rain than we did!

The deep reds have been amazing this year. I also feel that the leaves have stayed on the trees a lot longer. I agree with you that in a week it all will be gone.

I hope my nurse practitioner will have better luck getting my MRI approved the second time around.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Busy day yesterday, so sorry that I wasn't online. The baby shower went off without a hitch, and dd received lots of cloth's for the little one. I have a pic of the quilt I made, so I will try to get that posted below. My mom, sister and niece came down and stayed with us overnight. It was really nice to have them at the party. My mom knitted a really nice sweater set. <3 We had trick-or-treating on Saturday evening, and we had a lot of kids. Apparently we also had someone going through cars in our neighborhood on Sunday, and some people had things taken from their vehicles. One guy had his bow stolen, because he had been hunting.

My workouts where ~ nothing on Saturday, gee I wonder why. :D Sunday was CG's Day 13 Glutes, Back & Hamstrings. Yesterday was 30MTF Cardio Fit Workout 1, and this morning was Day 14 Full Body.

Laurel, Of course an awesome job with all the workouts! We only have one tree that still has leaves on it, and it just now is starting to turn. It is a fruitless pear tree, but I notice that it has very tiny fruit on it. I feel for you with all those wet leaves, that isn't fun. Glad that you where able to get in a walk between the rain. I was super happy that we had some nice weather this last weekend. With that snow coming so early, I was a little afraid that my mom wouldn't be able to make it. We had perfect weather though.

Thelma, Great job with those workouts! Very nice that you could sit outside and enjoy the beauty of fall. Sounds like your weekend weather was a lot like ours. Crossing my fingers that your MRI will get approved. Interesting why they denied the MRI. I guess that insurance companies know more about a patient than the doctor does. :o NOT!! Everyone seemed to enjoy being at the restaurant, and it sure made clean up a lot easier. ;)

Almost forgot the pic
    vyc9gdjhb6ak.jpg

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin, Pure Strength Strong Legs and Abs and 30 minutes of Peloton yoga. It all felt good today.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope you have better luck with this next attempt to get an MRI. How have your legs and back been feeling? You seem to be doing awesome with the workouts, so I am hoping you are doing better.

Laurie, great workouts! And I LOVE the quilt! I think I have mentioned I have a slight obsession with elephants, and that pattern is just too cute. When you retire, I will hire you to make one for me. :D I am so glad the shower went well and your mom, sister and niece were able to attend. I bet that was so special for your mom. I am sorry to hear about the car break ins though. Hopefully it doesn’t become a recurring thing. We had our trick-or-treaters last night and we had a nice number of kids. It was fun this year.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts were light today because I had a bad hip day. I hadn't had one this bad in a while. I did a couple of walking sessions because I had to keep moving. One session was more like a shuffle when I was in pain and my left leg just felt weak. I think this was definitely the sciatica acting up. Hopefully Wednesday will be a better day. I also did a Jessica Smith Barefoot Fusion workout.

We were expecting temps in the low 70's this week but that never happened. Temps are in the 60's during the day and it feels like fall. Amazingly there's still a lot of colorful foliage left around here.

Halloween was quiet as where I live is super dark and we really don't have sidewalks or neighbors with kids. Downtown BR closes the roads to create a safe area for the local children to trick or treat. All the stores decorate and give out candy. We didn't go but people posted pictures on FB and there were a lot of people there.

Laurie, I am so glad the baby shower went so well and how special that your mom, sister and niece could attend!
    Oh my gosh Laurie, that quilt is absolutely gorgeous and sweet! I love the elephants! My grandmother used to collect elephants with the trunk pointing upwards just like the ones on the quilt. She believed that it was good luck. Your daughter looks beautiful!
    I bet the sweater set your mom knitted for the baby is beautiful too!

Sorry about the theft around your neighborhood. There's a lot of that going around here too. People are used to leaving houses and cars unlocked. Not me! I'm always locking every door! I do this because of where I grew up though. Older locals don't even lock their doors at night! CRAZY!

Great workouts! You get a pass on Saturday! LOL

God knows how long the MRI appeal process will take. I hope it gets approved too.

Laurel, great workouts!

I had been doing pretty good with my workouts but I spent more time sitting down on the weekend than I'd have been lately, so it irritated the piriformis and that caused the sciatica to be squeezed or something. Thank you for asking!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma