Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Tuesday were a lot of walking and LITE Pyramid Pump - Pyramid Lower Body Only. I got the yoga studio schedule for the month of December and the Yin class has a new instructor. I love Yin classes and I hope the instructor is good, so I'll be giving it a try.

We had another warm day once it warmed up.

The vet agreed to prescribe injectable antibiotics for Red for me to inject her at home with. Unfortunately the prescription was never filled because the vet was really busy and had to make a farm call. We'll see if we have better luck on Wednesday. In the meantime I am giving her supportive care of probiotics to restore healthy bacteria in her gut, vitamins and digestive enzymes. Tonight when we brought her back to the cage she passed the most normal looking poops we've seen in 1.5 weeks! We are feeling hopeful. One of the things I read about the infection is that they pass undigested food, so that's why I added digestive enzymes.

Laurie, great yoga workout! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

I LOVE your daughter's idea of celebrating the baby's birthday in July! Christmas kids do get screwed with their birthday gifts because people combine birthday/christmas gifts! Not fair!

Laurel, great workout combo!

So far my supportive care seems to be working for Red. We are letting them spend as much time as possible during the day and they are really happy together. I'm the pet nurse around here. On Sunday I tested my cat's glucose, on Monday I injected my other cat with vitamin B12 and both DH and I have been nursing Red. Thankfully my cat is not diabetic and we hope the B12 will help my other cat. I am nervous about injecting Red though. I've never injected a chicken before, so I'll be watching some YT videos.

I hope you and your DH have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and a great long weekend. We had a great Thanksgiving at our friends' house. The bad thing about going to a friend's house is not having leftovers.

Red is still here and is doing OK. We finally got the antibiotics on Wednesday afternoon, but they haven't helped at all. The kind we got is the wrong kind. I read that probiotics can help, so I'm getting her some.

My workouts were walking, yoga, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body #10 Triple Biceps, S&S Ramped Up Upper Body #8 Triple Shoulders, 4DS Boot Camp Lower Body Circuit premix.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Hope you both had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was wonderful, and of course very busy. We where able to see both sides of the family, so that was good. I was very tired this morning, so next year I'm planning on taking off the Monday afterward just to rest. :D My oldest niece informed us that she was pregnant, so there will be two little ones for our next years Thanksgiving. So that means that I have another baby quilt to make. :D She is due in June.

I'm finished with the Iron workouts, so this week I'm going to do a GHUTV calendar called Total Body Express. The workouts are all a little over 20 min., and I will probably be adding on something when I can. I have about 9 days of vacation to use up this month, and most of them will be around Christmas. I am taking off every Friday up until then also. No workout yesterday, but this morning was GHUTV Circuits in 6. For a short workout it really got the hr up.

Laurel, Sounds like a great workout, and I to hope that it is similar to what she is putting out with the new series. They really do sound good. That is one thing that I have enjoyed with CG's workouts. She goes heavy, and slow. It has been really nice to revisit the Yoga Warrior workouts, and I'm planning on putting these into the GHUTV calendar. The rotation has a GHUTV workout, and then an Active Rest Day. So that gives me the opportunity to do something that I want to do, but still has some structure.

Thelma, Awesome job with your workouts! Hope your Yin instructor is a good one too. Hopefully what you are doing for Red will help her. You have been very patient with everything, so it would be a great relief for her to recover. Sounds like you have your own vet hospital going. I have a lot of leftover's, to bad you are not closer to us. :D This morning when I was leaving, DH said "I'm guessing it's leftovers for dinner". :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the holiday. Our Thanksgiving was very nice. We made a more traditional meal than we have for a couple of years, but kept it down to just a few key dishes. The result was delicious with just enough leftovers and not completely exhausting. We had a pretty decent weekend weather-wise so we were able to fit in a round of golf on Saturday. After all of the Christmas decorating and cooking for Thanksgiving, I was ready for a few hours of non-holiday activity. And it was perfect. Of course yesterday I spent baking so my DH will be able to take some Christmas cookies with him on his trip next week. :)

I don’t remember all of the workouts I did. I know I finished the Cathe Live Lift It, Split It series on Wednesday with Back and Bicep. This was the best Live set of workouts hands down. Really great stuff. I also did some cardio. Thursday was a 60 minute spin and yoga. Friday was Cathe Live Arms, Legs, Core and More followed by some cardio. Saturday was a Jessica Smith Walk and Power Yoga. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin and LITE Stacked Sets Lower Body. And today was STS Meso 1, Disc 1. :) Yep, I managed to push play on it after all. We’ll see how this goes, but at least I am trying to give it another (last?) shot. And I did pretty good with it too! I followed it with Fit/Split Boxing Bootcamp and Core.

Thelma, I am glad you enjoyed a nice weekend, though no leftovers isn’t always great. I am so glad Red is still with you. Hopefully you can get the right medication for her. I don’t blame you for not wanting to inject a chicken. :o Great workouts. I hope the yin yoga instructor is one you like.

Laurie, so glad to hear you enjoyed the holiday. I think taking the Monday off after Thanksgiving would be great. Congratulations to your niece in her pregnancy! How fun to have two little babies coming into the family this year. Great workouts. Your plan going forward sounds like a good one.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Walking Outdoors, YinYasa Yoga, Gina B. Low Impact Cardio and Tracy Steen Upper Body Work It Circuit.

I discovered instructor Tracy Steen a few days ago and I decided to give her workouts a try. The circuit workout was 45 minutes long and it had 2 sets of six exercises done 3 rounds each. She did 2 strength exercises followed by cardio. I liked that it wasn't a fast-moving workout like Cathe's. I was actually able to lift higher weights than I would with Cathe, and I think it's because it wasn't a fast moving workout.

I tried to buy some of Cathe's workout accessories and couldn't because she doesn't offer free shipping on those items. I wasn't going to pay $18 in shipping charges. Oh well!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a great holiday weekend with your family. Congrats on your niece's pregnancy and for finishing the Iron workouts! Good job with the GHUTV workout!

How nice that you'll be taking Fridays off in December. I lived for those 4-day weeks at work!

The new Yin instructor will be taking over the class from the instructor I don't like. I hope this lady is better. I will at least try her class once.

We started Red on the new probiotics. If her gut good bacteria gets restored by the probiotics, it will take a few days. I do have a vet hospital going at home, but it's more of a chicken hospital!

Too funny about your DH saying, "I'm guessing it's leftover for dinner". I suppose having too many leftovers is not a good thing either. LOL

Laurel, I'm glad you had a great holiday weekend and kept your meal traditional and easier than usual. Our meal is very simple and since it's just the two of us, we buy a small turkey breast. We still don't have any of our Christmas decorations up yet. DH usually can't wait to get the decorations up, but not this year. He isn't driving me crazy playing Christmas music all day long either. He hasn't played Christmas music at all. It really doesn't feel like Christmas. I'm going to have a talk with DH about the decorations! LOL

Great workouts and good for you for doing the STS workout. I know you'll keep going with those workouts! I wish they weren't so long!

Red is hanging in there. Our next step will be to take her back to the vet for another B12 shot and ask/beg her to give us a different antibiotic. I forgot to tell you that the antibiotic we got wasn't the injectable kind. It was dispensed in syringes, but it was diluted in water. Cats and dogs are injected under the skin, so I just lift their skin and stick the needle in the little skin tent. Chickens get intramuscular injections. I don't think I could do that.

I have high hopes for the new Yin instructor. She starts on 12/6. I miss having a dedicated Yin class.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was GHUTV Power Walking 3. This morning I woke up with pain in my shoulder. I think that I was sleeping on it wrong. It feels better now, but I think it was a good option to do the walking workout.

Laurel, Sounds like you had a great weekend! Great job with all your workouts, and getting to experience the split live workouts. Congrats on starting the STS workouts. I hope that they are perfect for you at this time. Tonight I'm making enchiladas with the turkey, and then we will be freezing the rest. Everything else we had went home with the girls.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I will have to look up Tracy to see what the workouts are like. I'm always looking for good workouts. I don't know why, but I need the variety. LOL about the chicken hospital. You may soon become the chicken expert. ;) I have been listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving even started. I was of course watching the movies too. Must be because I'm going to be a grandma or something. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin, STS Disc 3/Legs, 20 minutes of Pilates and 15 minutes of yoga. Honestly, these STS workouts are going way better than I thought they would, which makes me happy. I don’t think I would be feeling the same way if I were staring at 4 straight weeks of Meso 1, but at the moment, one week of each Mesocycles feels completely tolerable. But ask me in a week. I might have some different thoughts, :D

Thelma, great workouts. I like the sound of Tracy’s workouts. I think one of the reasons I keep gravitating to Cathe’s most recent live workouts is that she really has slowed down, and I am great with that. It is always a shock when I do an older workout of hers. That’s funny about the Christmas decorations and music. I can take Christmas music only in small doses and it has to be classic (like Frank Sinatra or Bing Crosby), instrumental or acoustic. I just can’t do the songs where people are trying to sing them as loudly as possible. Drives me crazy. :# Boy do I sound old!! :D:p I hope you see some improvements in Red with the new probiotic.

Laurie, sounds like a good workout on a bad shoulder day. Thankfully that was just temporary. I have no doubt you are in the Christmas spirit this season! Just think of how much spoiling of your grand baby you will get to be doing soon. You can buy all kinds of noisy toys and then go home. :D;) Turkey enchiladas sound good. I have never tried that with turkey.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Tracy Steen No Jumping, All Standing Cardio HIIT, Walking Outdoors X2 and Tracy Steen No Repeat Legs and Abs.

The standing cardio HIIT workout was more like a lower body workout. She used 2 lb weights for the upper body. The workout was full of squats and lunges. It was my first workout of the day, and it was leg day! For the real leg workout, I chose the No Repeat Legs/Abs workout. It was very good, but the ab part was too advanced for my back, so I had to modify. She followed each leg workout with an ab move. There were a lot of different planks.

It's been raining heavily here since 6:30 PM on Tuesday. It will be raining till about 8-9 AM Wednesday, then more rain over the weekend. Temps are going to drop into the high 20's on Wednesday night.

Laurie, great workout and definitely a good choice if your shoulder was hurting! I'm glad it feels better now.

Definitely look Tracy up. I like that her workouts burn a lot of calories! Variety is good! I definitely needed a break from Cathe.
    I've learned a lot about chickens during the last year.

I'm sure you're in the Christmas spirit because you're about to become a grandmother!

Laurel, great workout combo! I knew you would love doing some STS workouts! I wish Cathe hadn't called her new workout program STS. It's going to get confusing. I think we need to call them STS I and STS II.

You should definitely checkout Tracy's workouts. I'm glad to hear Cathe has slowed down in her live workouts. Hopefully the new series will have less intense cardio too.

I'm the opposite when it comes to Christmas music. I like the upbeat kind.

We may be seeing a little improvement with Red. It's hard to tell so far because the improvement seems to happen at night while she sleeps. Chickens continue to poop while they sleep, and those poops are pretty firm. I wish it was like that while she's awake though.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was GHUTV Cardio Kickbox. I have done this one before, and it is always a good one. My shoulder appears to be better, so I'm thinking that it was just me sleeping on it wrong. We where staying in a cabin for our yearly Thanksgiving with my family. The beds where not all that comfortable, so that my be why I had a sore shoulder.

Laurel, I love how you are leaving your options open to change with the STS workouts. :D Great job! The only Christmas songs that I don't enjoy are Santa Baby, and the one with that the little boy is buying his dying mother red shoes. Whoever dubbed that last one as a Christmas song is crazy. Otherwise I'm into every kind, well there might be a few more that I avoid. :D I'm going to really enjoy spoiling the grand baby, and then sending him home. :D Enchiladas are one thing that my DH really loves, and they are super simple.

Thelma, Awesome job with all those workouts! Nice that you have found another instructor, and her workouts sound really good. Got to love a HiiT workout that is no jumping. We have those temps right now. It was quite the change from the 30's from yesterday.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 2/Back and Triceps, the STS Extended Stretch and Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Sweat and Core. I felt pretty tired when I got up this morning because we had wicked storms starting yesterday afternoon and all through the night. I tried to sleep through it but to no avail. I finally gave up when the wind woke me up (again) shortly before 6am. But we had no damage. I kept thinking about our Christmas decorations flying off, so that was a relief. :) But given the lack of sleep, the workout today felt great. This is not at all what I expected to be saying after my third consecutive STS workout. Shows how the mind and the body aren’t always connected.

Thelma, great workouts. I will definitely look up Tracy. I love no impact options for workouts these days. I am currently toying with buying Jessica’s All Access Pass since she has it on sale. I want to take a new approach to cardio into the new year and focus less on intensity (especially off the spin cycle) and more on enjoyment. And I have grown to love some of Jessica’s walks. I just don’t know if I would use her workouts enough though. So many workouts…..so little time. :) I hope the storm didn’t hit you too hard last night/this morning. It was wonderful to have rain for hours straight but the lightening was something else. Hope Red continues to show signs of improvement. Oh, and I am good with upbeat Christmas songs….just not loud ones. :)

Laurie, great workout. I am glad to hear your shoulder is continuing to feel okay. No doubt an uncomfortable bed could do that. I am not sure I have heard that song about the boy giving his mother shoes. But there is a movie from about 20 years ago (with Rob Lowe and Kimberly Williams) that sounds like it. I think it is called ‘The Christmas Shoes’. What a sad movie that was. I only watched it the once, but I have seen it pop up on Hallmark every now and again in recent years. I avoid it. I prefer happy this time of year. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I was really tired, and my hips felt really tight all day on Wednesday. I hardly slept because of the heavy rains. I was worried about my chicken outside in the coop all by herself. Thankfully she was OK. We got 3.25 inches of rain!

My workous were YinYasa Yoga and Walking Outdoors X2.
    The cold wind moved in by mid-morning. It's cold here tonight.

Laurie, sounds like a fun workout! Good job! Sounds like the uncomfortable bed could be the reason why your shoulder was hurting!

I don't like those sad Christmas songs at all!

I'm really happy to have found Tracy. She's a lot like Cathe with the compound exercises and using lite weights during cardio.

Laurel, great workouts! I knew you would enjoy the STS workouts!

That storm last night was insane. We had torrential rain all night long! It's crazy how loud it sounds on a metal roof! I don't think it was very windy here. I'm glad you didn't have any damage! The lightning wasn't bad here and it started after 3am.

I knew Jessica was offering something on sale, but I didn't read the email. She does have some really good workouts and $100 off her yearly membership is a fantastic deal! I think she has so much free content that signing up for all her content may not be necessary.

I definitely need less intense cardio than what Cathe offers in her videos. I do modify them a lot to make them low impact and I'm fine with that. Jessica's cardio workouts are always good.

It's hard to tell if Red is improving. I think she has improved a little because her poops are less watery, but I'm not seeing the colors and consistency I expect from a healthy chicken. She is alive and she is not going to die any time soon, so I'm very thankful for that.

I'm glad you do like upbeat music. I hate screaming songs too. I don't even know how that qualifies as music or singing!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Woke up to temps in the teens, so it was a very cold walk this morning. My workout was GHUTV Core Blast Pilates. I think that this rotation will give me an opportunity to do workouts that I don't normally do. I will probably be trying out some barre workouts. :D

Laurel, Sorry to hear about the weather causing you a sleepless night. Great job on the workouts though. We had a few things fly off of our outdoor decorations yesterday, but for the most part everything stayed. I think DH had a few lighted packages move from their spot. I think I remember that movie, and it is the same thing. I don't know if the movie was created from the song or vise versa. I enjoy a good cry with a movie, but I like it to be happy tears. :) I think that my most favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Tree Miracle. The only way I can view it each year is on Amazon Prime. I will have to put this one on my Christmas list. It is very tempting on the Jessica deal, still pondering that one myself.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you had a tough night of sleeping also. That is a lot of rain, where you using your rain gauge? Nice job with the workouts! I have to do the modifying a lot in workouts, but it is easier to do when there is another person on the workout doing the same. I also like when the instructor gives some modifications. I know that Kelly does that in her RAW workouts, which is appreciated. Glad to hear that Red is still doing well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun 60 minute spin and 30 minutes of yoga that focused on standing balance poses. I need more workouts like that yoga one as my balance gets wonkier with each passing year. But I didn’t fall over once today, which made me happy. :D

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the long night. We had the same amount of rain as you! That’s crazy. Great workouts despite the long night. I finally got to reading some of the updates from Cathe on the new series on her forums. And she recommends 20-30 minutes of cardio 2-4 days a week for this new series. :o So I am definitely going to try to take my cardio down a notch next year for sure. I think paying for Jessica’s workout may inspire me to reach in her direction more than I do with her free YouTube material. At least I am hoping that is the case, though I haven’t quite signed on the dotted line for her All Access Pass yet.

Laurie, I love the sound of that workout! Peloton is offering more Pilates classes these days, and I really love Pilates. But I still need to talk myself in to Barre workouts. B) I am sorry you had a few Christmas decorations fly off. I was really surprised to see all of ours still in place. I am going to have to look up that movie on Amazon Prime. I have never even heard of it. The movies on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries are about the most serious content I reach for this time of year. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Walking Outdoors X2 and Tracy Steen Arms and Cardio. Tracy's workout was a circuit workout even though she didn't call it that.

Laurie, great workouts! I think it's good that you'll be trying workouts you don't normally do!

It was cold here today but not in the teens. We were in the high 20's.

I bought an inexpensive rain gauge about two months ago because I wanted to know how much rain we were getting.

I also appreciate when an instructor offers modifications. I do like KCM's workouts because she always has the ladies modifying the exercises. Tracy offers modifications too.

Laurel, great workouts! I can't believe Peloton has a yoga workout focused on standing balancing poses! I'll have to find it and try it! My balance is definitely getting wonkier too, but my right side has always been and is my weak side. Congrats for not falling over!

Thanks for taking the time to read some of Cathe's updates on the new series! I can't believe she only recommends 20-3o minutes of cardio 2-4 days a week for the new series! I think you would reach in Jessica's direction if you had a paid subscription!

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Muscle Mash Up, which was a good total body workout that was more metabolic than strength, which made it perfect for this week. I followed it with Cathe Live Cardio Kick and Punch.

Thelma, great workouts. The balance yoga workout was a Kristin McGee one from earlier this week. It was a standard flow in many ways but with more balance poses than normal. I liked it after the spin because the flow stretched the muscles out and I also got the balance challenge. My left side is my weak side, and I constantly have to focus on my weight distribution when I do pretty much anything, including standing. I have a really bad habit of putting all of my weight on my right leg. I think yoga is helping me get over that, to be honest. I too was surprised by Cathe’s cardio recommendation. Since I workout seven days a week (with one day being recovery), I think I will try for three spin sessions, 2 low/mixed impact cardio sessions, and two Jessica walks. I will do that for however long I am doing this STS rotation and see how it feels. It is still more than recommended, but I am having a hard time letting go of cardio since it heals my mind so much. So….we’ll see.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was good and as always busy with house and pet chores.

We are expecting a rainy week. We may not see the sun this week at all!

My workouts on Friday were Walking and Gentle Yoga.
    Saturday - walking.
    Sunday - walking and Tracy Steen Upper Body Strength.

I forgot to tell you that I got myself a 3 lb. set of egg weights on black Friday. I really like them.

Laurel, great workouts on Friday!

Thanks for letting me know the yoga workout was a Kristin McGee one.
    My yoga class on Friday was a lot about balancing too! It was focused on the eagle pose. I'm usually very good about balancing on my left foot. My right ankle is weak, and I try balancing almost every day to see if I can gain strength in my ankle.

It's good that you're aware of the weakness on your left side and try to correct it by focusing on your weight distribution. I'm sure yoga is helping you get over that because you have to be aware of weight distribution.

I am still surprised about Cathe's cardio recommendations. I can't imagine that the new series has a lot of metabolic/circuit workouts that will get your heart rate going. You do a lot more cardio than I do so maybe you could try lighter cardio, if you feel you need cardio every day. I need to move every day because of my back issues so I will continue with my daily walks. I think you have a good cardio plan for the STS series.
    Did Cathe explain why she was recommending shorter and less frequent cardio sessions?

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Friday I took the day off, so I wasn't online at all. I did GHUTV SErious Strength Upper Body 2, nothing on Saturday and Sunday was a long walk with all the cold weather clothing on. :D Decided to change things up a little today, and I did a workout from Nourish Move Love. Lindsey used to be on GHUTV, so I'm familiar with her workouts. I decided to try out her Split Strong 35 Legs & Back workout. I really enjoyed it, and got the hr up.

We had a nice relaxing weekend. DH was busy getting the decorations up. I just let him do his thing. I was busy sewing.

Laurel, Great job with all those workouts! Interesting information on the amount of cardio with the new workouts. It would have to be a walk or something similar for me, if all the strength training is at the 30-45 min. for each. Amazon Prime has not unlocked the move yet, but I have it on my watchlist. I usually watch it just before Christmas.

Thelma, Awesome job with your workouts! Congrats on purchasing the egg weights. I love mine too. I'm sure that you will get a lot of use with those.

I have to get going, have a lot of work to catch up on.

Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. All here was pretty good. Saturday was a quiet day since DH returned home Friday, packed on Saturday and left before dawn yesterday. But we got some errands and chores done on Saturday as well as just time to relax. Yesterday, right after he left, our internet/TV server died. So aside from hot spotting with my phone (as I am doing right now), I am without internet or TV until they deliver a new server. Luckily I have a ton of movies and workouts on DVD.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute walk with Jessica and 30 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin into Cathe Live Rock Bottoms and Core. Today was STS Meso 2, Disc 13/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Fit/Split Mixed Impact Cardio and 20 minutes of Pilates.

Thelma, great workouts. I love my egg weights too! So easy to use. Cathe recommended the same thing during the original STS, and that is one of the reasons the STS Shock Cardio program has light cardio or short cardio. Pretty much if you are trying to build muscle and strength your body needs what you burn off during cardio to do it. It makes sense scientifically, but I just don’t feel like I have worked out with some cardio. So my goal is to keep it shorter, especially on strength training days.

Laurie, sounds like a nice weekend. Sounds like a good change up in your workout plan as well. One of the interesting things Cathe brought up with regard to the cardio question is she considers the lower body workouts in her cardio equation. :o I can see that for some lower body workouts but not for all. But, to be honest, Cathe very rarely does pure cardio workouts on Live anymore. When she does, they are kickboxing or HiiT (with a very rare spin class added in at times), and nothing over 45 minutes. So she is definitely coming from a place where less is better. I am not ready to cut back that much for sure.

Hope this posts! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B Low Impact Cardio, YinYasa Yoga and Tracy Steen Legs.

The rain has been relentless all day and night, but it's been raining pretty hard and steadily since the late afternoon.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice weekend! Great workout! It's always good to change things up!

It's amazing how heavy the 1.5 lb egg weights feel though. I think it's because the weight is all in one small egg as opposed to it being distributed across a dumbbell.

Laurel, great workouts! Sounds like a productive weekend! Sorry you don't have internet service right now!

I didn't realize Cathe had recommended the same thing for the original STS series. It makes sense that the body needs the calories burned during cardio to build muscle. I think a little light cardio will be OK. It will be beneficial to do more stretching/yoga too.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was NML Split Strong 35 Upper Body Push. This one was chest, shoulders and triceps. She did three exercises for the chest, and then two tabata moves done three times. I enjoy workouts that incorporate weights and cardio. :)

Laurel, Sorry to hear that your server went down. Now is the time for being thankful about our DVD collections. :D Great job with your workouts! The leg workouts that I was doing with Caroline really brought the hr up. It surprised me, since I wasn't doing any jumping around. It was just lifting heavy, and doing the exercise for a certain amount of time with minimal rests. Now I'm really interested to see what the workouts are like. You have a routine with your workouts, so I'm sure that it is really difficult to bring it down to far.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Sounds like a lot of rain, can't wait to hear how much you got in your rain gauge. I noticed that the egg weight company has different colors for the egg. Mine are the black that they first came out with. One of the covers on an egg is torn, so I may need to purchase some new covers. Since I have different weights, it probably would be a good idea to have them in different colors. I sometimes pick up the wrong ones. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie