Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were walking, Gina B 3000 steps and Tracy Steen Upper Body and cardio.

We got 3/4" of rain. No more rain in our forecast any time soon. We will be getting pretty cold toward the end of next week. The weather app has nighttime temps between 9 and 12 degrees and 25 and 28 for daytime temps on Thursday and Friday! Yikes!

Laurie, your workout sounds wonderful! I've been thinking of doing a mobility workout too.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I'm glad you didn't get much snow.

The 80's music workout was a lot of fun.
    The beauty of having doctors in the same hospital is that they talk to each other about their patients' health when needed. This is the setup I had in MA and I'm glad I'm finally building the same situation here in GA.

Thinking about retiring more and more is a good thing!

Laurel, great workouts! I was wondering if you'd done Cathe's core workout because I saw the announcement on FB. It looked like a great workout. I'm glad you liked it. Great spin session! No wonder your legs were tired toward the end of your walk!

Sorry about your lawn! I hope it dries up soon. You also got a lot of rain! I'm so glad STS 2.0 is not due to come out as early in the year like I was afraid it would be!

12/15 was 4 weeks from my surgery date and I was also due for my RA injection, which I was able to take. Thank goodness I was able to find out when to suspend my meds at the right time!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Challenge with Ball followed by Cathe Live Jab, Jump and Kick Express. I was supposed to do a total body workout today but decided to give my lower body a break after yesterday’s spin marathon. And the good thing about the cardio workout I did today was that it was very low intensity. A perfect way to end a week of tough workouts.

Thelma, great workouts. That core workout was really good. I was surprised today how much I could feel the deep core muscles every time I had to roll up or down in the ball during that upper body workout. I will definitely be returning to it on days when I have the time for that kind of core workout. I am glad you were able to get another RA injection before your surgery. Seems like the timing worked out just perfectly for your meds. Like you, we are supposed to get pretty cold in a week. But I keep thinking…..if we are in single digits at night next week, what will Laurie be experiencing?? :o I don’t mind the cold as long as we have at least a little sun.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Our weekend was incredibly busy.
    Temps have been cold, but at least we've had sunny days. We are expecting an arctic front toward the end of the week. I heard that we are going to have the coldest temps we've had in years around here. Temps at night will be in the single digits and may not hit 25 during the day!

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Yoga, walking and a Tracy Steen cardio and abs short workout.
    Saturday walking.
    Sunday walking and Tracy Steen Upper Body, Cardio and Abs.

Laurel, great workouts! Good job giving your lower body a break!

I am glad I was able to get one last RA injection before the surgery too. I can't wait to have the surgery over with.

I recently bought a pair of sherpa lined leggings. I'll be using them during this cold spell when I go see the chickens.
    Laurie's temps will probably below zero!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Very cold this morning! We didn't get below zero, but sure dang close with 5 deg. :# We had to pull out Rockets booties, and he was very happy. Not happy about putting them on, but he sure loves them for running in the snow. We do have snow, it was lightly snowing all weekend. So we will be having a white Christmas. I only have two days of work this week, so looking forward to my time off until the new year.

My workouts for this weekend where Friday NML Split Strong 35 Core Conditioning #2, Saturday Off, Sunday Walk Strong: Burn Fat & Have Fun Stride and Step and today was Walk Strong: Boost Metabolism + Muscle Circuit #1: Upper Focus. So fun revisiting with Jessica. ;)

Laurel, Great job with all the workouts! Glad that you have been enjoying your workouts, even though they have been tough. I'm going to hold off on the purchase of Jessica. I know that I have plenty of workouts to do. :D I have noticed that a lot of boards do not have much activity anymore. I would go to the video fitness site, they usually had some good discussions on workouts. The activity level on that site has gone way down, and I really don't visit it anymore. Probably once or twice a year.

Thelma, Nice workouts! Like I said above we are dealing with the cold temps right now, and should be having them all week. I love that you have your sherpa leggings, it sure does help to have something warm while you are outdoors when it is cold. Hope that we are not headed for a cold winter. We did have one year that it was below zero for almost a month. That wasn't fun.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was good. DH got home on Saturday, and we enjoyed a pretty relaxing weekend with some errands and a nice long walk tucked into it. We also did a couple of things outside to prepare for the cold. Like Thelma, we look to be getting much colder than it has been in years so we don’t need anything freezing for sure.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Walk followed by 45 minutes of hip focused yoga. Yesterday was a 40 minute spin followed by LITE Pyramid Pump Lower Body and Abs #1. Today was STS Disc 4/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps followed by one of Cathe’s Intensity DVD timesaver premixes. It was so fun to revisit that workout, even in a shortened form. It was long one of my favorite Cathe cardio workouts.

Thelma, great workouts. DH recently got some Sherpa lined sweat pants and wore them on our walk yesterday. I kind of wish I had gotten something similar. I am sure they will come in handy for you this week. I hope your chickens are going to be okay with this cold. Our forecast is identical to yours right now….lows in the single digits for a couple of nights and several days below freezing. When it was so hot this summer, I remember hoping for a colder winter than last winter….but not this cold! :D Actually I don’t mind it so much but I am fortunate that I don’t have to go out into it this weekend.

Laurie, great workouts. I have done all three of the walks from Jessica’s Burn Fat and Have Fun DVD now and I love them all. I did the one on Saturday that used the Pilates ball, and it was such a fun walk. Yikes on your cold and snow. I bet it feels like Christmas though. But I also bet you are happy to only have to work a couple of days this week. Hopefully you don’t get too cold as this arctic air blasts through this week. Those sustained below zero temps are never any fun.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Jessica Smith Power Walking and Lower Body workout.

It was definitely cold here this morning. We warmed up into the low 40's. I'm seriously considering skipping yoga on Friday because I may not want to leave the warmth of my house that day! LOL. I usually do my food shopping on Fridays but I'm going to go shopping tomorrow!

Laurie, great workouts!

5 degrees! Do you have Rocket wear a coat in the winter in addition to his boots? I wish we could've bought booties for the dogs. We tried a pair on Chico last year, but he didn't let us put them on. DH does bundle them up with a fleece vest and their puffer coat.

It will be nice to have a white Christmas and a baby! When is your DD having the baby?
    I am seriously considering getting another pair of sherpa lined leggings. I can't get over how warm they are. I read today that we're about to have the coldest temps they've had in this area in 20 years! I am praying we won't lose power because we don't have a generator. Thankfully our fireplace is a propane one! I can't believe you had below zero temps for almost a month! Not fun at all!

Laurel, I'm so glad your DH got home safely. Are you protecting plants from the bitter cold? We've had our potted plants in the garage for weeks. I am not going to protect any plants outside this time. We will be bringing the chickens inside though because they could get frostbite.

Great workouts! Good job with the STS workouts!

These are the sherpa lined leggings I got. Make sure you order the leggings because I can't vouch for the jogger pants. If you look at the pictures the last two are leggings. They only come in black and gray. I got DH a pair of sweatpants too, but they are not as nice as my leggings. They are definitely made for petite women. I think they are 26 - 27 inches long.
    https://a.co/d/78L7Uih

Talk about being careful about you wish for! When we moved here, we never expected to have this kind of temps. We have to go out on Sunday to a Christmas get together. I wish we didn't have to go out though.

Laurie, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in case we don't hear from you until next year! Can you believe this year is almost over?

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was one of those deceptive ones. She even talks about that at the beginning of the workout. :D Walk Strong: Build Balance + Inner Strength Core Control was the one that I did. I really do love this workout, because you don't have to get on the floor at all.

The forecast is calling for all kinds of things for the next few days. We are expected to get anywhere from 2-12 inches. Of course the worst day is suppose to be Friday, because that is going to be the blowing / cold blizzard conditions.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you had a nice relaxing weekend. I agree with you on not needing to have anything freeze. Great job with all your workouts! I like that Jessica workout also. I just like that she uses so much upper body movement in all her low intensity workouts. It really does get the hr up there, so you know you are working. The Christmas spirit is very strong in our house, and family. I think having a little one around is a big part of the reason also.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I don't blame you for not wanting to venture outside when you really don't need to. The baby is scheduled to be with us on Thursday, so I'm hoping that the snow isn't going to be to bad. They just lifted the restrictions on people visiting the hospital, so we are able to go visit our dd on Thursday. She will probably be home by Christmas Eve. Speaking of fireplaces. We have a fireplace going on a TV in the office. :D Got to love youtube. I know that it really doesn't give off heat, but it just makes things nice a cozy.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin, STS Disc 6/Legs and 30 minutes of core focused yoga. I really wanted to get out for a walk today because of the upcoming weather forecast, but woke up to rain which was a surprise. And while it is 40 degrees, with rain it would not be a very pleasant walk. So I may make some more Christmas cookies instead. :D

Thelma, great workouts. I am definitely planning on staying inside Friday if at all possible. The wind chills for the entire day are expected to be -15. :o I had enough of that when we lived in Alaska. Like you, I am a little concerned about power outages because of the wind. We have a small generator but not enough to run the heat. Thank you for the link to the leggings. I am going to get some. I was folding DHs pants yesterday and, honestly, wanted to put them on and wear them forever. :p When I start looking at my husband’s clothes like that, it is time for me to get my own. If you can believe this, I still have a fern on our back porch that has survived to this point. But I am bringing it inside for this cold spell for sure. Other than that, everything else is on its own.

Laurie, that’s another workout I love. I think there is a third DVD in that series that has metabolic workouts on them. If they are anything like the walks and those standing balance/core workouts, I am going to love them. Yay for being a grandma in two days! That must be so exciting. I hope your weather doesn’t cause too many problems. What a joyful Christmas you will have with a new baby. So exciting.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Yin Yoga, walking outdoors, Gina B low Impact Cardio and Tracy Steen Upper Body.

Laurie, great workout!

You really are expecting crazy weather. I hope the weather won't be as bad as predicted given that you and your DD and her DH have to be out driving due to the baby's birth. How fortunate that the restrictions on people visiting the hospital have been lifted! I'm glad you'll be able to visit you DD and her baby. I can't wait to hear all about the grandbaby!

YouTube is great. I'm sure the fireplace on the tv screen makes things nice and cozy at work.

Laurel, great workouts! We were expecting rain on Tuesday but all we got was a little drizzle.

I've already made up my mind about not going out on Friday. I feel bad for DH and the dogs because they do have to go outside. DH wears his ski pants, and the dogs are all bundled up too. When it's cold or rainy they just go out to do their business and run back to the house. Otherwise, they love going for walks.
    We are expecting the same wind chill temps as you are. I am very concerned about power outages. I bought a camping tent to sleep in inside the house. I read that it will help keep us warm.

I think you're going to love those sherpa lined leggings/pants. I also got a sherpa lined hoodie from Macy's but they don't have them anymore. I love that the the sleeves are lined with sherpa too. I hopE you at least have long johns!

I've had my ferns in the garage, but my mums are still out on the covered porch. They are looking pretty dead but they are still alive.

I was able to get a copy of my BRCA test results from 2008 and both BRCA 1 & 2 were negative for mutations. I am getting test called "My Risk Update" test next week, so hopefully everything will be negative too. I don't know how long it takes for those results to come in as it is a special test.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 5/Back and Triceps followed by two Jessica Smith workouts from her original Walk Strong series—Interval Mix and 360 Abs. My hamstrings are screaming today from STS leg day yesterday, and these workouts were really the perfect level of intensity for today.

Thelma, great workouts. Great news in the BRCA test. Hopefully you get the same results from your test next week. This little fern I have sitting on my porch is one I left out there with the idea that when it died, I would get rid of it. And it is just doing great. :o So, of course, now I can’t stand the idea of it dying, so it will come inside for awhile. I had already moved my other sensitive outdoor plants inside in late October. My house is quickly turning into a green house in the winter with all of the plants I have in here now. :) It looks like the worst of the weather (the wind) will be done here by noon on Friday, which is good news. While it will still be cold, those really cold wind chills will have moved on.

DH is off work the next couple of days, so if I don’t get a chance to check in, just want to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Walking outside and Tracy Steen Full Body Bone Density workout.

We are bracing for the cold temps. Now our wind chill temps can be -20! I hope things won't get too bad.

Laurel, great workouts! Good idea to give those legs a little break!

I hope the updated BRCA test is also negative. You really need to save that fern! I hope my plants will survive in the garage. We can't have them inside because our cats will eat them and will get sick.

It is definitely better to have those winds hit during the day! Our forecast is saying -6 wind chill by 12 am on Friday morning.

DH is off from Friday until through Jan 2nd.

Merry Christmas to you too!
    Thelma

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and were able to stay warm during the Arctic freeze. Laurie, I have been thinking of you and hoping your new grand baby and daughter are doing all right. Thelma, I hope you and your animals survived the deep freeze and you didn’t have any issues with your house.

All here is well. It did get cold, though. The wind chill when I got up on Friday was -15 and it didn’t warm up at all during the day. Saturday we got up to no hot water as the pipe leading out of the hot water tank froze, even though it was in the garage and covered. Luckily we were able to heat it pretty quickly and there was no damage to the pipe. And just when we thought we were out of the woods on a day that was going to get us close to freezing (yesterday), it snowed. Because the pavement was so cold from the weekend and because the snow was wet because of the temperature, everything turned to ice pretty quickly. Most of the roads in Huntsville shut down yesterday evening including the roads up and down our hill. I think one of the roads up the hill just opened an hour ago. I am just so thankful it happened on a holiday because DH would have been stranded at work. As it was, too many people didn’t make it home last night because the snow came without warning. But it is sunny and warm today and things are melting, which is good. We enjoyed a nice weekend, though, despite the cold weather.

My workouts have been good throughout. I have stayed on track and even did a couple of longer workouts over the weekend to make up for the fact we were eating a lot and not able to get out for walks every day. I started Week 2 of STS Mesocycle 2 yesterday so today’s workout was Disc 17/Legs, a spin and Pilates.

Hope you are doing well. I will check back tomorrow before another five day weekend with DH.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great Christmas. Our house got very cold and my sherpa lined pants came in very handy. The heating system in this house wasn't made for temps below 35 F. Thankfully we have a gas fireplace. We never lost power for more than a few seconds. There were power outages in the county and rolling blackouts. A local plumber posted on FB to leave the hot water dripping in one sink. I did that for three days! There were lots of people with frozen pipes around here.

Our chickens have been inside the house in cages. They are not happy but at least they are alive. A lot of people around the country lost chickens to the bitter cold temps. The dogs were bundled up in layers when DH took them out to do their business.

We had a dusting of snow two nights in a row, but on Monday night we got about 1/2 inch of snow. Everything shutdown on Tuesday and there were a lot of accidents. My pre-op appointment was on Tuesday at 8:15. It's been rescheduled for Wed the 4th. I started to read about my surgery procedure. It's not the simple thing I thought it would be even though it will be done robotically. It's kind of a big surgery. I just hadn't thought about it that way at all so now I'm a little scared. It also occurred to me to read about what to eat post-surgery. I will have to eat a bland diet for a few days. None of the foods I had started to prepare are things I should eat. I am still going to make some foods for DH. He tells me not to worry about food, that we'll be OK. I know we'll be OK, but I just want to help him. I am going to need his help more than I had imagined.

My workouts have been pretty good but shorter than normal. I didn't workout on Sunday because we went to a friend's house in the early afternoon for a little get together. I am still doing Tracy Steen's workouts and on Monday I did legs and Tuesday upper body.

I've been in deep cleaning mode. I want to make sure the house is clean before my surgery.

Laurel, good job with your workouts and I'm glad you were able to stay warm during the Arctic freeze. Sorry about your frozen hot water pipe! DH didn't want me to leave the faucet dripping but I did it anyway.It was too cold in our house not to do it.

I can't even remember when the storm started but the wind was insane! I thought our windows were going to explode from the force of the wind.

I am so glad your DH was home during this cold period too!

Did you read Cathe's email? She had to have emergency shoulder surgery! She had an old injury that she'd hoped would heal on its own, but something went really wrong when she was trying to open a jar I think she said. She'll be coaching her live workouts, rather than doing it for a while.

Laurie, I hope the baby and your DD are doing well. I can't wait to hear all about the baby and your Christmas holiday.

See you tomorrow.
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 18/Back and Biceps, Cathe Live Hearts on Fire and Peloton yoga.

Thelma, I am so happy to hear you and your animals survived the cold spell. I was worried about your chickens. Like you, our house was not made for those temperatures, so I kept it close to 60 during the day and 50 at night. It was the first time in years I have been able to put a blanket over me while watching TV without an immediate hot flash! But it was a little too cold inside the house outside of that benefit. :D Our wind kicked up Thursday evening and immediately took out some of our Christmas decorations. So DH and I quickly staked some stuff down and then stored the rest in the garage. I am glad we were still up when that all happened. I toyed with leaving a faucet dripping, but I didn’t. I think our pipe would have still frozen even if I had because of our tankless water heat set up. But, like there, there were a lot of frozen pipes here.

I am sorry they had to delay your pre-op appointment. Maybe it would have helped to address some of your concerns right now. Just take good care of yourself these next couple of weeks because too much stress isn’t great for your body. I know…..easier said than done. But try. :)

Thanks for letting me know about Cathe’s surgery. I am not surprised that she had to have it. She has complained about that shoulder for a few years now and, lately, I have noticed in things like jumping jacks she has stopped extending her arms. That is so not Cathe at all, so I think post-filming STS 2.0, it was much worse than she was letting on. Hopefully she will take the time to let it heal. I think it was really sweet of her to film Cathe Live classes for the weeks she can’t be there at all.

Well, DH is home with me for the next five days again. Hopefully I will still be able to check-in. But, if not, Happy New Year!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Yoga, walking outside!!! and a Tracy Steen upper body workout. I'm feeling like I need a mobility workout badly!

We had a very cold start, but the day turned into a beautiful, sunny day with temps the low 50's. We are expecting rain on Friday and Saturday with daytime temps in the 60's.

Laurel, great workouts!

There was no way we were going to leave the chickens outside. Even the garage wouldn't have been warm enough for them.

DH keeps the temperatures as low as you do to prevent the furnace from kicking in and just blowing cold air into the house. It was definitely good weather for anyone with hot flashes! LOL

The other thing I forgot to mention about the dripping faucet is that the plumber recommended doing it for a faucet on external walls. The closest sink to an external wall is in our bathroom.

I'm glad you were able to go rescue your Christmas decorations. Our Xmas tree never went up. DH took the boxes out and put them on a small table in the living room where they stayed for days. He put the boxes away yesterday. We learned that others didn't think it felt like Christmas either. It was weird!

My hope is that the pre-op appointment will help address my concerns. I have a long list of questions to ask. At least I was able to go get blood drawn for the 'My risk update' cancer marker test.

I am trying to take care of myself and cleaning the house is helping me think about something else. The six-week recovery period will feel like six months!

I'm amazed that Cathe was able to do the STS 2.0 videos and pre-recorded live classes with that shoulder injury! I am sure she will recover very fast. I'm glad you had noticed she was doing things to help her protect her shoulder injury.

Enjoy the time with your DH. Mine is always here but it's been nice not having him be working all day long.

Happy New Year to you too!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday. We had a nice holiday weekend.

My workouts were as follows:
    Friday: Yoga and cardio.
    Saturday: walking
    Sunday: Walking and Tracy Steen INNER and OUTER Thigh Workout. This inner/outer thigh workout didn't feel like a killer, but I knew I'd feel it later. I am feeling it BIG time! I definitely to make this type of workout a regular workout. Most leg workouts seem to hit quads and hamstrings.
    Monday: Yinyasa Yoga, Walking and Tracy Steen Chest & Back Workout with No Repeat Cardio.

Laurie, I can't wait to hear everything about the grand baby!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope your New Year’s went well. All here was good. We didn’t do anything to celebrate the New Year, but we enjoyed a nice weekend of long walks and doing some long-neglected chores around the house. The weather was much nicer and warmer than it was over Christmas, but today we are under a tornado watch. And it is raining like nobody’s business at the moment.

For workouts, I don’t remember all the specific workouts I did but here goes:
    Thursday-spin and Pilates
    Friday-Cathe Live Total Body Sculpting and a Perfect 30 Mishmosh HiiT workout
    Saturday-a Jessica walk and yoga
    Sunday-STS Disc 28/Chest and Back and Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Plus Core
    Monday-spin and STS Disc 29/Plyo Legs
    Today-STS Disc 30/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps, Cathe Live Cardio Core Challenge and yoga.

The end of this week marks the half way point through my STS rotation—if I choose to do all 12 weeks. Boy has it gone by fast. I am still enjoying it so I will probably press on until I am not.

Thelma, great workouts. It seems like Tracy Steen is providing you the right challenge at the moment. Good stuff. Hope you don’t get hit too hard by this storm.

Laurie, I hope all is well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Yin, Walking Outdoors, Gina B. Low Impact Cardio and Tracy Steen Arms and Cardio.

Laurel, great workouts! Congratulations on getting to the half way point with your STS rotation!! It sure has gone by fast!
    I'm glad everything is good with you!

I am loving Tracy's workouts. I like that they're always a sweatfest and that I feel them. I didn't know that she posted a weekly workout schedule until I saw it posted on FB over the weekend, so I'm following it this week.

I didn't know about the storm until I read your post in the afternoon! OMG it's been raining like crazy her and in the beginning the wind was insane. I hate that I didn't know because I would've brought the chickens inside the house. They were dry because the coop and run are winterized. The sand that filled the run with as their bedding was super wet when I went to clean up during a rain break. I freak out when I see the trees by the coop sway in the wind.
    The rain here started by mid-afternoon and by 6:30PM we already had 1.5 inches of rain. I can't wait to see the rain gauge in the morning!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin, 10 minutes of hip yoga and Cathe Live Sore To The Core. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad you are enjoying Tracy’s workouts. What a find that was! We had quite the storm yesterday afternoon and, again, over night. I think we got about 2 inches of rain, but our wind never got too bad here. But the thunder and lightening from about 11pm last night until 2am or so was crazy! Today….it is perfectly sunny and beautiful. I hope your chickens stayed dry through the night. Ever since the storm this summer that snapped trees in half (which ended up causing $100,000 worth of damage to the house across the street from us :o ), I have always felt a little more uneasy when those tall trees start swaying a lot. So I completely understand your concern for your little chickens.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Walking, Gentle Flow Yoga and Tracy Steen No Jumping, All Standing Cardio HIIT.

Wednesday was a long day! I went to yoga in the morning and in the afternoon to my pre-op appointment with the doctor's nurse practitioner. This appointment was so I could ask questions and have things explained to me. I went in there with a long list of questions and the nurse was great at answering them. I will have 4 small incisions around the bellybutton with dissolvable stitches protected with surgical glue. I was sent home with a folder explaining what to expect which I've not read yet.
    I hit Walmart on the way home to buy the recommended pre and post op soaps and some bland foods I'll be able to eat post op.
    The nurse said the incisions will heal fast because they are small. I hope the inside stiches heal fast too!

Laurel, great workouts! Cathe posted an update on the STS 2.0 progress:
    "Editing is completed and we are in the “authoring” phase which means we are that much closer to being able to provide workout lengths, premix info and, most importantly, VIDEO CLIPS! (I know how anxious everyone is to see these workouts in action!) The authoring phase has moments where things move a little slower and then pick up speed again so we’ll keep you updated as we continue to move along through this phase."

I'm so glad that storm is over! It was a scary night here as well. We got 2.75 inches of rain. The thunder wasn't as bad where I live but I could see the lightning across the valley and could hear thunder in the distance. Eventually the thunder got to us at about 2 or 3 am and it was loud. The house shook a few times from the loud thunder. It was still raining here on Wednesday morning until about 9:30 am. The sun came out in the early afternoon, and it was a beautiful afternoon.
    I can't believe how much damage last year's storm caused to your neighbor's house!! Those giant trees are pretty scary looking when they start swaying a lot. The chickens were dry and fine, but their sad floor was wet.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma