Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin, STS Disc 33/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps and STS Pilates Based Abs. I also took a nice walk because even though it is chilly, the sunshine made it tolerable. We are expecting heavy winds and more rain tonight, so it felt good to be outside for a bit.

Thelma, sorry to hear you weren’t quite ready for the low impact workout, but I am glad you are listening to your body. I imagine another week or so will make a lot of difference. We had a heavy frost last night which really surprised me. Thankfully I had pulled our little intrepid fern inside with the last cold spell and never took it back outside. I am not sure—even as tough as it is—that it would have withstood that level of frost. Hopefully you don’t get any bad storms tonight or tomorrow.

Laurie, thinking of you.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B Dance Cardio and walking. I was able to increase my walking, leg and arm movement intensity today. I was even able to walk up/down our steep driveway, which I couldn't do without some discomfort in my belly just two days ago. I may try another Jessica Smith workout in a couple of days.

I was feeling a little tired today but managed to get 15K steps in by pushing myself. I am pretty sure I'll be ready for yoga next week. I'm able to do a forward fold and almost touch my toes again!

The rain and wind have started. I hate it!

Laurie, thinking of you and your DH's family.

Laurel, great workouts! Tuesday turned out to be a nice day. It actually warmed up nicely for us in the afternoon.

I think I will be ready for a Jessica workout in a day or two. I had a lot of fun doing the dancy workout.
    I'm glad you never took your intrepid fern out since the last cold spell. There's no way it would've survived the frost.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We have snow this morning, and of course there was a roll over semi on my route in. Had to find a different route to get to work. I guess the semi trailer was full of paper, and the accident happened at 4am this morning. Lots of wet paper on the freeway I'm sure. The funeral was long, but nice. It was a full Catholic mass. We didn't attend the reception, but went as a family to a restaurant. It was DH, his brother, uncle and SIL. We also had our two daughters and the baby. It was nice just to relax and enjoy being together.

My workout yesterday was 30MTF CardioFit W1, and this morning 30MTF TLC W2.

Laurel, Awesome job with all your workouts! Dang on the rain and cold, that isn't fun. Having the snow is much better, can't believe I'm saying that. I'm glad to hear that you where able to find the space for a bag. I know that it will be a positive addition to my workout space. I just have to find the one that I want.

Thelma, Great job with the dance workout. Nice that you will be progressing into yoga soon. Sounds like a lot of quinoa, but you have some great sounding recipes. There are two things that my dh doesn't care for, avocados and beans. He just can't stand the texture, and I'm sure it has something to do with how his mother cooked things to death. :D I have a recipe for a Greek salad, so I'm probably going to opt for that when I finally get the will to cook some quinoa. I like that you where able to make it in the instant pot.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 29/Squat Rack Legs, Cathe Live Cross Fire Quick Fix and Core, and yoga.

Thelma, yay for the workout!! I am amazed at how quickly you are improving. No doubt you will be able to try a Jessica workout again very soon. Great job. We got warm yesterday afternoon, but that came with clouds and then the wind and rain you got. Now the temperatures are dropping and they have mentioned the slight possibility of snow tomorrow. This winter has been such a roller coaster of weather for sure. I forgot to mention how good your quinoa sounded! Hope you are enjoying it.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you were able to enjoy some family time after the funeral. Yikes on the semi roll over, though. I bet that made such a mess on the road. I am glad you had a way around it. I too would prefer snow to these wind storms we keep getting. But, that being said, I could do without the accompanying ice that comes with snow. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gina B Low Impact cardio and walking. I did 16+K steps.

Cathe posted her first STS 2.0 video clip. It was from the giant sets DVD. I liked that she was alternating arms for the shoulder presses.

My two week follow-up is on Thursday morning!

What a mess with the snow and the paper truck accident! I hope the commute home was easier.
    Catholic funerals are very long! How nice that you went to a restaurant as a family. I'm sure it was nice to be together.

Great workouts!

I grew up eating beans and avocados, but I do know a few Americans who don't like avocados due to its texture. Too funny about your MIL cooking things to death! Greek quinoa salads are wonderful. I love feta cheese. I was glad that the Gina the skinnytaste lady has a recipe to make quinoa in the instant pot. I didn't have to worry. You cook it for 2 minutes on high pressure, then let it release naturally. DH unplugged it after the 2 minutes, so the instant pot wouldn't go into 'warming' mode. I highly advice making the quinoa the day before. It is much better cold.

Laurel, great workouts!
    We got 3/4" of rain. I would've thought it was more than that. At least the rain stopped in the early morning, but the wind continued all day and night. There may be a little snow here on Thursday morning too.

I have enjoyed my quinoa salads and I learned that it's best making it early in the day, so it marinates and is very cold at dinner time.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

More snow again this morning, and we are apparently getting more tomorrow. Not much, but just enough to make driving slow. My workout this morning was 30MTF Power Splits W2. This one is all lower body work.

Laurel, Nice job with the workouts! Yes the ice is not fun, but for the most part our roads are salted really well. The only slippery spot I encountered this morning was in our neighborhood. Still getting used to my new car. So far it goes really well in the snow, so I'm happy about that.

Thelma, Great job with your workout, and the awesome step count! I will for sure make the quinoa beforehand, and of course nice a cool. I saw the clip, and that workout sure does look great. Looks like Cathe has about 60lbs on that barbell. I do have enough plates to have that amount of weight, but probably will not be starting out at 60lbs. :D These workout do look a lot like the CG workout that are on youtube. Can't wait to try them out.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin and 20 minutes each of Pilates and yoga. My body is feeling a little tired today from the Meso 3/Week 3 workouts this week, but since these were the heaviest workouts in STS, I suppose that is to be expected. But the workout seemed to help this morning.

I, too, saw the Cathe video. I love the pace she is lifting at. I also like that she mixes unilateral and bilateral moves in the workout. I am getting excited to get these workouts now. :)

Thelma, great workout! I hope your appointment goes well today. We didn’t get any snow, but it did turn quite cold yesterday with a constant breeze. I wore just a long sleeve shirt to go get the mail, and I was pretty chilled in the one minute that took. :o Today I will put on a jacket. I am beginning to think my menopausal ‘I am never cold’ thing is going away because this winter, for the first time in several years, I have actually been able to curl up under a blanket and read. So nice! But I also forgot how being cold hurts. :D

Laurie, great workout. I am sorry about the snow. My sisters in Denver have had one snow storm after the other this year and they both have had enough. I don’t blame them. I am glad you like your new car. I bet it takes a little getting used to since you had your other one for so long.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Very cold this morning, temps started out at 10 deg. :o My workout was 30MTF CardioFit W2. This one is a hi/lo with weight work. Overall a really good one.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! I'm sure those workouts got your body worn out. You are doing so great with getting thru the STS workouts. We have been through the constant snow storms, this year hasn't been to bad. I was dreading going out for a walk this morning, but we survived. I don't mind the cold to much, the wind is the worst part of it. Of course Rocket has his booties on, so he enjoyed the walk. For sure liking the pace of the weight work, and I will really need to invest in some heavier weights with this series. :D I had a few problems with the radio in my car this morning. DH took it to get something last night, and he set the radio to another channel. I couldn't find my station until I was almost at work. This car has the HD radio, so there are multiple stations with the same caller id. :/ At one point I had a Spanish speaking station on. :D

Thelma, Hope all is well with you.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Ramped Up Upper Body followed by Cathe Live Hard Strikes Low Impact Boxing. Good stuff.

Laurie, great workout. Ten degrees makes for a cold walk! No doubt Rocket appreciates his booties on days like this. I so understand your frustration trying to find a radio station! Whenever I drive DHs car, I have to find a station because he has his car hooked up to his phone for music, and we haven’t done that with mine yet. There are times when I just drive in silence because I can’t find a station. It is such a nice car to drive, and I think that’s why DH hasn’t gotten me hooked into the stereo through my phone yet. I think he is concerned I may want to swap cars once I get my music playing. :D I have to admit, I have really been enjoying STS and the results I am getting. I am toying with continuing it in some fashion until close to when 2.0 comes out. But we’ll see how I feel once I finish this first rotation.

Thelma, I hope you are well and all went good with your appointment yesterday.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options

Hi Ladies! I'm happy to report that my biopsy results came in and I don't have cancer. Thank you, Lord! Too bad the biopsy didn't say how much everything that was removed weighed. I also had some cysts and apparently some endometrial tissue. Thank God I never experienced any pain! I forgot to hit Post last night. Thankfully my text was still on the screen.

The hematoma is still there, and it hasn't gone down in size at all. The nurse practitioner will be ordering a new scan. Hopefully it can be done on 2/7 when I have to go see the rheumatologist. The surgical glue hadn't peeled off like I was told it would. Thankfully the nurse gave some glue remover wipes that worked quite well.

I was cleared to do yoga and to slowly get back into my exercise routine, but I cannot lift anything heavier than 10 lbs. I won't be taking any chances lifting anything heavy. I will start adding some strength workouts but will use my 1-3 lb dumbbells.

I was exhausted today, and I struggled with my walks but still managed to walk 14K steps. I just saw my fitness tracker daily summary and it says that I only slept 3:35 hours! No wonder I was dragging the entire day. I thought it was because I had gone to the clinic and DH and I went food shopping. It was my first food shopping trip in three weeks! I actually had to take a nap because my body really needed it.

Thursday was very cold. I bundled up and walked outside because my chickens needed to get their exercise done too! LOL. We actually had tiny snowflakes for a couple of minutes.

Laurie, great workout! I hope your commute won't be too slow.

Cathe's barbell looked heavy! I would need to have DH put the barbell over my hips to lift that much! LOL. I think everybody is excited about this new program.

Laurel, great workouts to help your tired muscles!
    I also liked the pace Cathe was lifting at.

I also think you're getting out of that menopausal phase too because you're getting cold again! Thursday morning was windy and cold. It was the kind of wind that goes right through our clothes, and it hurt when it hit our faces.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice weekend. My workouts from Friday through Sunday were walking and Gina B workouts.

It's been raining here since Saturday night and it will continue raining until Monday morning. Crazy!

I was very ambitious in the kitchen on Sunday. I chose a new recipe and it called for lots of chopped vegetables. I was on my feet for a long time. I also made a nice salad and even made lite ranch dressing from scratch. Did you know that there is white balsamic vinegar? I didn't know it existed until my white dressing turned beige. I just read balsamic vinegar. The dressing was very good and only 52 calories per 1/4 cup serving.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice relaxing weekend, because we received over 9" of snow on Saturday/Sunday. Most of my time was spent sewing. My youngest and her bf came over on Saturday evening to have dinner and talk over our vacation plans for next month. They managed to get through thru all the snow. Now that we have all the snow we are getting the cold, with temps in the single digits. No walk this morning, because it was just to cold.

My workouts where Saturday 30MTF Your Healthy Back, Sunday was an off day. This morning was 30MTF BoxFit W2 which is a total strength workout.

Saw another clip of STS 2.0 this morning, and I'm loving that she has all the different options available. I know that I will probably be doing something with dumbbells or barbell instead of using the tower. She even had people using bands for push ups. :)

Laurel, Very nice workouts! The live workout sounds like fun. LOL about the car and music. I know that DH doesn't like for me to drive his truck, but he always drives my new car to go to places. I understand why, because mine is more gas efficient. I told DH if he is going to change the station, then he has to put it back to mine before he gets out of the car. :D Glad to hear that you are getting positive results from this rotation. Have they indicated when these will be ready yet? I know that they are still working on the editing, but I'm ready for them to ship. :D

Thelma, I'm so glad to hear everything is going well, just sorry to hear that the hematoma hasn't decreased. Have fun choosing your first weight workout. You have a solid plan on using the lighter weights. Those cold windy days are the worst, we have that this morning. I didn't bring my scarf, so rough walking into work without it. I do have some of that white balsamic vinegar, but I'm sure the dressing taste great no matter what you used.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was nice. We decided to play golf on Saturday, which was nice but cold. It was sunny and about 55, but between the humidity and the wind, I was dressed in four layers and still cold. But I enjoyed it nonetheless. :) Yesterday was rainy and cloudy and foggy, but DH and I enjoyed a nice long walk before coming home, sitting in front of the fire and watching football. Kind of a perfect Sunday.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica’s 5K Steady walk and 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a super fun 45 minute spin and Cathe Live Rapid Fire Legs and Core. Today was STS Disc 10/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps followed by Cardio Core Circuit. :o It has been a few years since I did that workout, and I have no idea why I decided to do it today, but it was good. I modified it a bit and completely tossed out the final Ab exercise in favor of just holding a plank. But it was good. I decided to buy myself a FitBit this weekend, and I am learning a lot about what makes my heart rate go up. Hopefully I can use it to my benefit and not be chasing numbers (as I have in the past).

Thelma, great news from the doctor on the biopsy, but I am sorry to hear about the hematoma. Hopefully it starts correcting soon. I think you have a great plan to ease back into light weights. I bet it will feel good just to lift something. Your ranch dressing sounds good! I have heard of while balsamic, but I have never used any. We are going to have a soggy week here apparently. But when I look at the temps hitting parts of the country (like Laurie in Wisconsin), I am okay with rain.

Laurie, great workouts. I love the sound of the back workout. Sounds like a nice weekend despite the snow and cold weather. I don’t blame you for skipping the walk in those temps. There just comes a point when it is too uncomfortable to get out there. Like you, I saw that clip this morning from STS 2.0 and loved the options. I know already that I will be skipping the pull ups and doing barbells rows instead. And, again, she keeps the pace really slow. I watched that and then did my Meso 1 workout and talk about a vast difference in pace! The only thing Cathe said about timing was when she put up the pre-sale and said ‘late first quarter of 2023’. I think a lot will depend on how fast they can get them all produced once she sends them off, but I think it still might be the end of March. I can’t wait!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am glad you both had nice weekends! I've yet to do a strength workout. I intended to do one on Monday, but I was very tired. I took my first drive post-op to go meet my friends for lunch. We were at the restaurant talking for two hours and I hit the supermarket after that. I was exhausted so I did three walking sessions.

I am going to yoga on Tuesday morning. It is a Yin class which is perfect for my first post-op class.

Sunday night was pretty raining. We got 1/2" of rain Saturday night through Monday morning. We got more rain coming Tuesday through Thursday.

Laurie, that was a lot of snow! I'm so glad your dd and her bf managed to make it to your house through all that snow. You must be getting excited about your vacation next month! Is your oldest and her family joining you too?

I saw Cathe's video clip for a lower body workout and I loved it.

I don't blame for not going for your walk! Stay warm!
    Great workouts!

It is unfortunate that the hematoma hasn't decreased, but at least I know it's normal for things like this to take months to go away.

I agree with you that cold windy days are the worst. Sorry you forgot to scarf!
    The dressing was great. I don't know if white and dark balsamic vinegars taste the same. I ordered a bottle of white balsamic vinegar and some avocado oil. Avocado oil seems to be the latest healthy oil. Apparently, it's great for cooking with high heat.

Laurel sounds like you had a great weekend!
    Fantastic workouts! Congrats on your new FitBit purchase. I am sur you will use it as it wisely this time around.

I am really happy about the biopsy results. I hope the hematoma will start correcting soon, but everything I read says it can take months.

Right now, the only thing I've lifted is my small cat. She weighs 7.5 lbs.

The ranch dressing was really. It was my first time making a dressing like this even though I've known that it had excellent reviews. I'm venturing out into plant-based foods and homemade dressings.

We are having the same weather. I heard some areas are getting hit with another cold and icy front. I also will take the rain over the cold.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was 30MTF SuperSculpt W1. Really enjoy this one, it has very light weights for the first half and then a step workout for the next portion. The weight I used was 2#. No walk again this morning, it was -10 when I woke up. DH did have to take Rocket out after I went to work. We had him all bundled up with his booties and coat, but he wouldn't venture more than a few feet out the door. So DH took him for a little walk, just needed him to do his business. DH doesn't seem able to get Rockets booties on, so I have to do it. :D

Laurel, Sounds like a really nice weekend, despite the cold. Nice that you could start the fire and watch some football. Great workouts, even with the dreaded CCC! :D I think that is what I like the most about what I'm seeing with these workout. The pace is great! I think that we should be able to increase the amount of weight with these workouts. Another two months, guess I can wait. ;)

Thelma, Nice that you where able to enjoy lunch with your friends. Good job with the yoga and walking. Our vacation is only with the youngest and her bf. The oldest will be taking the baby with them in March. They are going with another couple that have a baby. She had to get a passport for the baby, can't imagine how that will work as he gets older. :D Kind of expensive to have that updated every year. I have heard about the avocado oil being great for high heat, but have not tried it yet.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin, STS Disc 12/Legs and 20 minutes of floor yoga, which felt great after the leg workout. I just watched the video clip for the lower body STS 2.0 workout, and like the others, it looks great. Cathe is using what looks to be some pretty heavy weights during these workouts, which I am happy to see.

Thelma, I have no doubt you were tired after the long lunch and grocery shopping. Great job, though, with the yoga and walking. There is no need to push your body right now for sure. I am already learning a few things from my FitBit including that my heart rate is in the training zone much more than I ever would have guessed. And that is exactly what I wanted to figure out, so that is good. Now all I need to do is figure out how to modify my behavior accordingly. Easier said than done. B)

Laurie, sounds like a great workout. Yikes on the cold temperature though. I don’t miss those temperatures at all. Hopefully it will start warming up soon. I have no idea how they handle passports for babies. I will be curious if she has to update it that often. I hope not.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts were Yin yoga and walking. Yoga was a really bad idea. The instructor decided to do the class on the belly and that didn't go well with the hematoma. It's been throbbing all day so I took some ibuprofen and put the compression belly band on. I'm going to be taking it easy! I have a CT scan on 2/13. I wasn't able to get anything earlier than that. All three scan facilities I wanted to go to were booked.

The rain continues here and it's raining heavily and steady on Tuesday night.

Laurie, nice workout!!
    It's very cold there! I don't blame Rocket for not wanting to go too far! I'm glad your DH was able to get him out for a little walk.
    Our dogs don't want to go far either when temps get cold, but DH always takes them out to do their business in the back of the house. They hate the rain too!

How nice that your youngest and her boyfriend will join you on vacation. You and your DH must be really cool parents! Good question on how frequently a baby's passport picture needs to be updated! I hope they're not going on a long flight because they can be hard on baby's ears.

I read that avocado oil doesn't have much of a taste, which I find hard to believe.

Laurel, great workouts! Cathe and the crew are using pretty heavy weights. The dumbbells are huge, and the barbells have lots of plates on.

I knew you would definitely be in the HR training zone! It must've felt good to confirm that!

I thought it wouldn't get any safer than Yin yoga, but my body didn't like it at all. Even the child's pose felt uncomfortable. I hadn't considered being on my belly at all!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was the 43 min. premix from 30MTF Amped Up Cardio. We where just above zero this morning with 1 deg. It going to warm up into the 20's today, but then tomorrow night will be sub zeros again. :p

Laurel, Love the workouts! I took a look at the lower body workout also. Very impressed with the amount of weight they are lifting also. I think that Cathe is lifting heavier than Al. :D I still enjoy having him in the workouts vs. those dudes from the last series. I was surprised when I was doing the CG workouts and looking at the hr. I was always in my zone, so I didn't feel like I didn't get in a workout if I didn't do cardio. It takes a bit of adjusting to that mindset though. ;)

Thelma, Sorry to hear that the yoga didn't go well. I don't know if we are cool parents, but they wanted to go with us. They have been on vacation with his mom and sister a few times also. Of course they go to places like Hawaii. We are only going to FL. My dd will have hearing protection for the baby, so hoping that will help with the ear popping issues that little ears suffer from.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 12/Back and Triceps, Cathe Live Cardio Boxing: Arms and Abs, and 10 minutes of back-focused yoga. I also went for a nice walk even though it is still pretty chilly (for here). At least the fog has lifted and it isn’t raining (yet), and it just felt really nice to get some fresh air.

Thelma, I am so sorry to hear about the yoga. The minute you said ‘on the belly’, I cringed. That could not have been comfortable. I wish I had some recommendations for workouts that would be comfortable for you to do right now. If I come across any or think or any, I will let you know. But it seems like most yoga involves some work on the belly unless it is standing yoga. And come to think of it, since you said you can do forward folds, maybe standing yoga is an option. I am glad you have a CT scan scheduled.

Laurie, great workout. But that doesn’t sound like much of a warm up in your temperatures! Florida sounds SO nice right now. DH will be down in Orlando for a couple of days next week, and if he were going to be there longer, I would have joined him. It’s funny because when Al first showed up in Cathe’s videos (was it XTrain?), I thought he looked a little intense. Now he makes me smile. I think he is about the only male participant in her filmed workouts that doesn’t seem to be trying to show off. I think the biggest surprise for me from the FitBit is how often my heart rate gets up into a low intensity training range when I am walking. :o Changing my mindset is going to take some time and effort for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gina B 3000 Steps and walking. I feel a lot better. I think what bothered me the most about the yoga class were things like thread the needle and child's pose. It wasn't so much being on my belly. It was almost as if I could feel the hematoma hanging by a thread.
    I can't wait till I see the doctor on the 20th. This thing is clearly going to set me way back with my workouts. If I didn't have it, I would've been fine at yoga. Part of me wishes the doctor would go in and remove this thing, even if they have to operate again. I literally have a hard ball under my skin.

Wednesday was a pretty dry day, but the rain started at night again. Thursday is going to be another rainy day, then our night temps will get very cold for the next few nights.

Laurie, great workout! Yikes! You're really having cold temps!
    I think it's wonderful that your dd and her boyfriend want to go on vacation with you and your DH.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I also think that standing yoga might be good. I found a Travis Elliot Gentle Yoga that I think will be doable.

See You tomorrow!
    Thelma