Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Took a little while for me to catch up with all the e-mails that I had. End and beginning of the year are always full of companies wanting their money. :D

Our new grandson is adorable, but of course I'm his grandma so I'm biased. :D My dd did great, and it was a good thing that she went in for a c-section. He was breech, and there was no way that he was moving, because there was no room. Both mom and baby are doing great, and I have gotten some g'ma time in during my staycation.

Was keeping up with my workouts as best that I could. During my staycation, I was doing mostly Jessica workouts. Really enjoyed that. This week I started a KCM rotation, and it is mostly boxing workouts that include weight work. So Monday was BoxFit W3 (Boxing/Cardio Drills), RAW Box & Pump 2 (Boxing/Upper Body Weights) and this morning RAW Box & Pump 3 (Boxing/Lower Body Weights). So far having a great time with the boxing. :)

I will get on later tonight to check out the chats, just need to get back to work.

I've attached a pic at the bottom of this post

Laurie

Baby.jpg 188.7K
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Cardio Punch and Kick, STS Disc 39/Squat Rack Legs and 20 minutes of Pilates. And a nice long walk.

Laurie, your grandson looks so sweet!!!! Thank you for sharing the photo. I have been thinking about you and your family a lot over the holidays and am so happy to hear your DD and grandson are doing well. What a joyous Christmas it must have been for you. Have you picked a ‘grandma’ name yet? Great job keeping up with the workouts throughout the holidays with so much going on. Jessica was probably a really good choice for that since most of her workouts are completely non-dread. I love the sound of your new rotation….especially all that boxing. :D

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad your appointment went well and you got some good answers. Hopefully that put your mind a little more at ease going into next week. Thanks for posting the update from Cathe on STS 2.0. Sounds like they are making good progress. I am really interested in seeing some clips and knowing more about the workouts. Your storm sounds similar to ours. The thunder was booming all night here. But today is another beautiful, sunny day. We may get more rain over the weekend, but these sunny days with moderate temperatures are so welcome after the dreary and cold December we had.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Walking Outdoors,
    Gina B. Low Impact Cardio and Tracy Steen Creative Leg Combo & Core.

Hi Laurie! Congratulations to you and your family on the arrival or your grandson. He is absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing his picture with us! Thank goodness your DD went in for a c-section!! I'm so glad she and the baby are doing well and that you got some g'ma time in during your vacation.

Good job keeping up with your workouts during your staycation! What a fun week you're having with all those boxing workouts!

Laurel, great workouts!

I did get my questions answered but I already have another list of questions going! LOL. I was hoping the surgery wouldn't be painful but from everything I'm reading and watching from women who've gone through the procedure, it's going to be painful. Hopefully the pain meds will help a lot. I've been trying to figure out how to get in/out of bed and I found recommendations from physical therapists on how to do it on youtube. It won't be easy but at least I know how to do it and will keep on practicing.

It was sunny and blustery here on Thursday. We were in the low 50's but that cold wind made it feel much colder than 50. It does look like we may get some rain next week! Hopefully it won't be torrential rain!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was KCM RAW Heavy Bag 2, and I used my 2# egg weights.

Glad to see that both of you survived all the weather that you had to deal with. We had some really cold temps around Christmas, and we did have snow on the ground, so it was really pretty. Of course that melted, because we ended up with some warm temps between Christmas and New Years. We had a party with our friends on New Years Eve, and all of our friends showed up. We had a house full. It feels like it's getting back to normal.

Laurel, Fantastic job with all your workouts, and I see that you are getting through those STS workouts. I saw that Cathe gave an update on the progress on 2.0, so those are moving along. I think that I'm just going to have my Grandson call me Grandma. Of course whatever he comes up with will be fine, just don't want to be Granny. That always reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies. :D I'm surprised that my shoulders are not feeling super sore after this week of boxing. I think it helps that it's not solid boxing, and my shoulders are getting a break when I'm lifting weights.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! Glad to hear that your progressing on your surgery, and that all your questions where answered. I'm sure that your recovery will be good, because you are working out. Hope that your weather isn't to bad, still having all that rain. We don't have that much snow, it has all been going up north. I'm okay with that.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Challenge with Ball, a 45 minute spin and a wonderful walk outside since it is another lovely day here. B)

Thelma, great workouts. Like Laurie said, I am sure your strength from working out will help in your recovery. Hopefully the pain is manageable and short-lived. I am just happy your DH will be there with you 24/7. Our day today is colder than yesterday but the wind is finally gone so it felt much warmer on my walk. I don’t love the wind, that’s for sure.

Laurie, sounds like another fun workout. I am glad your shoulders are enjoying all of the boxing too. :) Yes, Granny just wouldn’t work. It brings up images of rocking chairs and, well, the Beverly Hillbillies as you mentioned. :D So many children come up with their own names for their grandparents. My great niece calls my sister ‘Mammer’ because she couldn’t say ‘Grandma’ when she was young. So ‘grandma’ is a good name to try. :)

Hope you enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was busy and rainy!

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Walking.
    Saturday - walking, abs
    Sunday - walking and Tracy Steen legs, abs

Thursday is surgery day. I'm stressed and scared. I am having panic attacks from time-to-time. I've been keeping busy getting things ready for my surgery and trying to do things that will help DH while I'm recovering. I have a list of questions going for the surgery nurses.

Laurie, great workout!!
    How nice that you had a white Christmas! I'm glad you had a great New Year's party with your friends. How is the grandbaby doing?

I also hope my recovery is easier because I exercise.

Laurel, great workouts!

I hope all the exercising I do will help me during my surgery recovery. I hope the pain is manageable and short-lived too. When I had my bunionectomy I didn't really feel any pain because I took my pain meds faithfully according to the schedule prescribed. I don't know that the pain meds take the hysterectomy pain away completely though. I am definitely lucky DH will be here with me.
    Laurel, I've asked Ray (DH) to send you an email on Thursday from my yahoo account to give you an update on my surgery.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

That weekend went way to fast. :D DH was informed that a used car had come up at a dealer that we know. So on Saturday we went to look at it, and we are going to purchase it. My vehicle has over 280k miles, and it could go forever or decide to stop at any moment. Don't want to take that chance, and I really don't trust it to go up north. I also don't need to be stranded if I'm carting the grandbaby around. On Sunday we just did some grocery shopping, and then I sat down and did some sewing. DH found out this weekend, that his cousin passed away from pancreatic cancer. We didn't know that he even had cancer. DH had talked to him when his Mom had passed, and he never mentioned anything about it.

My workouts where Saturday - nothing. Sunday was Jessica's Stretch & Strengthen AM: Energizing Flow. This morning I didn't wake up with the alarm. I was about an hour over, so I didn't have a chance to workout. I hope I have the energy to get in the basement after work. ;)

Laurel, Sounds like a great Cathe workout, and of course a good spin included. One of my nieces couldn't pronounce my name, and called me Auntie Lordy. I thought it was so cute, and of course she was the only one that I allowed to call me that. She is my godchild, so it was special. I'm sure that our little guy will come up with something special. :D

Thelma, Great workouts! I don't blame you for having those feelings. I would probably be the same way. The grandbaby is doing good. DD has not called me, so I'm guessing that she is getting into a routine. We will be baby sitting on Saturday, so I will for sure get in some G'ma time.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was a mixture of busy and relaxation. We had hoped to play golf on Saturday, but it was just gloomy and chilly enough that we decided not to and ran a ton of errands instead. Yesterday was foggy and rainy all day, so I cleaned out a couple of closets, cleaned the house but also managed to sit and watch some football with DH.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica walk and 45 minutes of power yoga. Yesterday was a 30 minute spin and Butts and Guts. :o Boy, I forgot how tough that workout is. :# Today was STS Disc 7/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps, Cathe Live Jabs and Abs and 10 minutes of back focused yoga. Good stuff!

Thelma, great workouts. I don’t blame you for a minute for being stressed ahead of this surgery. Just keep taking deep breaths as much as you can. I am SO happy you are going to have your DH let me know how you are doing. Thank you!! I will be worried about you and will appreciate the update immensely. And, of course, I will keep Laurie posted as well.

Laurie, great workout yesterday. Sleeping through the alarm on a Monday morning sounds good too. :) Yay for the new car. I hope you like it. I don’t blame you for wanting reliability now. I am so sorry to hear about your DH’s cousin, though. That form of cancer is just so tragic.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Walking Outdoors, YinYasa Yoga and Tracy Steen Biceps, Triceps & Shoulders.

Laurie, weekends are always so short! Sorry about your DH's cousin. Congratulations on your 'new' car! It does sound like it was time to get a new car for safety reasons.

That Jessica Smith workout sounds great! Is that online or DVD?
    Auntie Lordy! How cute! I am sure your grandbaby will come up with a cute name for you. My grandmother didn't want to be called grandmother or anything grandma, so I spent long hours thinking of a good nickname for her. LOL. I don't know why but I came up with Pompy and other grandkids later called mama Pompy. It doesn't mean anything in Spanish. I still don't know how I came up with that.

I'm glad your grandbaby is doing good. I can't believe your DD hasn't called you! Sounds like she is managing just fine.

Laurel, sounds like you had a pretty productive weekend!
    Great workouts! I really like the Butts and Guts workout. It is hard but very good.

I've been keeping myself busy cleaning the house, reorganizing my dresser so that the clothes I can wear post-surgery are on the top drawers and DH can easily find things for me. I've also prepared a couple of meals which we froze for next week or the week after. I will also make chicken noodle soup, oatmeal and hard-boiled eggs because I read those are good things to eat post-surgery. I'm trying to do things that will make DH's life a little easier. Poor guy is going to be very busy between work the zoo and me. I'm also putting together a box that will keep by my side with things I may need based on recommendations from women who've gone through this surgery.
    I definitely wanted to update you and Laurie about my surgery.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I was up and about! I didn't workout yesterday, just didn't have the energy after work. So this morning's workout was KCM RAW Box & Pump. This was a fun one, the weight work was done pyramid style. I think that is one of my favorite ways to train with weights.

Laurel, Busy weekend for you, nice that you where able to do some closet cleaning. Great job with all the workouts! That B&G workout is one of those that I tend to avoid, has a big dread factor. Probably because it is tough. :D DH's uncle, who is the father of his cousin, also died of pancreatic cancer. Now I'm very thankful that DH was adopted. :/ DH has a very small family, and this was his only cousin on his mom's side.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I have to ask, how many steps/miles do you log in a day now? The Jessica workout is one of her DVD's. It has an AM and PM workout on it. I have not tried the PM one, and it probably would be a good one to do before going to bed. I have never tried workouts like that, and have wondered if they really do relax you enough. I love that you came up with that name, and it is great that it was passed down. You started a tradition.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 9/Legs, Pilates and a Low Impact spin. It is sunny and a little warmer today so I managed to take my tired legs for a walk after as well. It felt good once my legs stopped shaking. :D

Thelma, great workouts. Sounds like you are all organized and prepared for your surgery. Hopefully that will put your mind to ease a bit going into it. I love the name Pompy for a grandmother! That’s too cute. :)

Laurie, great workout. I am glad you listened to your body yesterday and skipped the workout altogether. Butts and Guts is good but it really is endless reps with lots of low ends and stuff like that. I really have to be in the mood for kind of workout anymore to convince myself to do one. Most days I prefer a set number of reps and then moving on. B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Yin Yoga and walking. My day got totally derailed when I found out my surgery got bumped up to 11:30 on Thursday. All of a sudden, the things I was going to do Thursday morning had to be done. My stress level went through the roof.

We are glad my surgery will be in the morning. The sooner we can get it over with, the sooner we can be home. The fact that I'm keeping myself busy is definitely helping with not thinking about the surgery.

We had a beautiful, warm and sunny day here. I just read that we're expecting a lot of rain and thunderstorms on Thursday.

Laurie, what a fun workout! Great job!

These days I'm logging between 10 and 12 thousand steps. 3-4 mls.
    The only type of PM workout I've ever tried was a yoga one. I don't think it did anything for me! LOL
    I did start a tradition with my grandmother's nickname!

Laurel, great workouts! It was definitely a good walking day!

I am trying to organize myself. The fact that I'll be out of commission for at least two weeks is driving me insane. No workouts, no house cleaning!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had to leave work early yesterday because we had an electrical outage. WE Energies lost a transformer, and there where about 6000 customers that where without power. So I worked from home, and that wasn't to bad. My workout this morning was KCM's RAW Stepboxing Drills. This one is a newer workout, so I hadn't tried it before. What a great workout! The step is high, but no jumping. All the moves are just stepping onto the step to get your hr up. Winner workout.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! Glad that you where able to get in a walk for recovery of the shaky legs. Oh yes those lovely low ends! I don't mind them, but we just don't need to do them over and over... :D

Thelma, Great job with those workouts! I know that you will be so ready for this recovery time, but going through the before process can be stressful. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. To tell the truth, I don't think that I really want to do PM yoga. I just like to read before hand, so that is my way of relaxing. Great job with all those steps!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 8/Back and Triceps, STS Medicine Ball Abs, and Cathe Live Merry HiiT-Mas Express. The latter workout was filmed the week before Christmas and, obviously, post-Cathe shoulder injury. But despite that, it was a nice, moderately intense and short workout. I will be revisiting it no doubt. My legs were screaming at me this morning, so I ended it all with yoga focused on the hamstrings. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts, especially given the update on your surgery. But, as you said, the earlier you go in, the earlier you get home. I am actually glad you have an earlier appointment time given the weather forecast. I think the brunt of the storm will be over us when you are in surgery, so you should make it home before it gets to you. That would be good. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. And looking forward to an update. :) Huge hugs!

Laurie, that sounds like a fantastic workout. Another no impact way of raising the heart rate. Good stuff. I am sorry about the power loss. Hopefully everything is back to normal now. I don’t mind low-ends either, but countless reps…..not my favorite anymore. :D

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi Ladies, it was another busy and stressful day here. I managed to get most of the things I wanted to do before surgery except for some cooking.

On top of my pre-surgery deep cleaning, I've been dealing with prescription issues and today I nearly lost it. I decided to go outside and spend some time with my chickens. It was warm so the girls ventured out to our steep driveway. It was great because I kept walking up and down the driveway. It was good to walk off the stress. My house is clean, and it feels good.

I can't tell you how much laundry I've done since the weekend. It's insane! I washed the pets' blankies, towels, sheets, kitchen towels, bathroom cleaning rags, microfiber dusting clothes, our clothes. All that today! Seven loads! No wonder I clocked over 12,000 steps today. I got a workout going up and down the stairs. In the middle of all that we got our new sofa delivered and in the late afternoon someone from the Humane Society came to pick up our old sofa. We had ordered a love seat too but that wasn't delivered to the store. We got leather recliners.

My workout today was my power walk. I wanted to lift weights, but I needed to finish cleaning the house. I've been so busy that I've not had a chance to even think about the surgery.

I had to shower with antibacterial dial soap, then an hour later we had to use 6 special wipes all over my body. The wipes create a protective antibacterial barrier on the skin. It was really sticky.

We got plenty of food, DH has been trained to give the fur babies their snacks.
    Thankfully I'm as calm as can be.

Thank you both for thinking of me. I hope the pain meds help me manage whatever pain there is.

Laurie, great workout. I hope power was restored to that area.
    Pre-bedtime workouts don't sound appealing to me.

Laurel, great job with your STS rotation! Great workout combo too!

I am worried about the rain tomorrow too. According AccuWeather there will be thunderstorms between 12 and 5 PM tomorrow. The rain moves in after 8PM.
    Thanks so much for thinking of me and the hugs!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was KCM's RAW Box & Butt. I think the title explains it all. :D Still loving all the boxing.

Laurel, Love the sound of all those workout, and of course doing a med ball abs. That is one ab workout that I really enjoy, and should probably pull out. Wonder if DH would do the partner abs with me one day. Hmmm I will have to ask him about that. Yesterday I was surprised at how hungry I was, so I'm thinking that it had something to do with the workout. Normally I'm not that way. We are back to normal at work, we did encounter some power up issues with some of our older equipment. Something always seems to happen to some equipment when we have an issue like this.

Thelma, You where the energizer bunny yesterday. Very interesting on the prep work for the surgery, I'm sure that they don't want to have any infections to deal with. Take care, and let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin and 45 minutes of Pilates. We had some pretty dicey weather early on this morning with a tornado warning, strong winds, lightening and heavy rain…..and this all before I finished my morning coffee. :o So the workout felt good after all of that. Looks like there was some damage from the storm west of here, but I think Huntsville itself escaped the worst of it. Now the temperature will drop and they are talking about some snow tomorrow. :#

Thelma, I am thinking about you! I hope you make it home without any issues from the weather.

Laurie, great workout. All of your workouts sound great because of all of the boxing. :D I did the Med Ball Ab workout with DH once, which wasn’t great since we are such different heights. But what I remember most was during one move where you are tossing the ball back and forth one of stopped before the other and the ball went flying! Thankfully we were in my workout room so there was nothing to break. But both of us were laughing so hard it was difficult to continue. :) Hopefully things go a little smoother for you if you ever do that with your DH. I was starving through the first few weeks of this STS rotation which, like you, isn’t quite like me. But that has settled down now. Glad your power is back.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Laurie, just wanted to let you know I heard from Thelma’s husband, and her surgery went well. See you tomorrow.
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was KCM RAW Cardio Core Fusion. Have to love anything that combines boxing with core work. :) Tomorrow I'm going to be babysitting for our grandson, so I'm really excited. Can't believe that I'm so into this G'ma thing. :D The only other thing I have going this weekend is lots of sewing.

Laurel, Thanks for letting me know about Thelma, I probably would have been wondering how she faired through the whole weekend. Awesome job on your workouts. That is some scary weather, but glad to hear that your area didn't have any damage. We ended up with a dusting of snow, so it got a lot colder around here. DH and I are pretty close in height, so if and when we try that workout, I will let you know how we handled it. I think I may have to preview it, because I've never had anyone interested in working out before. DH has been working out at least 3-4 days a week. He has done this for almost three weeks, and I'm not saying anything. ;)

Thelma, Thinking of you, and I know that you will take really good care of yourself.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a Cathe Live trifecta…Vertical Loading 2, Slam-HiiT and Core Strength Express. The latter was her Live workout from yesterday and at just under 20 minutes a great core-focused workout. I am sorry Cathe injured her shoulder, but it did lead to her filming some great short workouts. B)

Laurie, great workout. I love boxing and core combos. So good. I hope you have a fantastic time with your grandson. Sounds like a perfect weekend of grandmothering and sewing. :) It started snowing right after I got up this morning. It didn’t last but I can honestly say I really don’t like the weather pattern that goes from fierce storms with tornadoes into snow. No fun. Yay for your DH working out!! That is good news. My DH is really good at getting his steps in, and that is good enough for me. Like you, I don’t really say much either. :)

So the latest update on Thelma. She wrote me last night and let me know they were keeping her over night because she had developed a hematoma. They did a CAT scan, and that showed it was very small. But last I heard from her, they hadn’t ruled out another surgery. But she said aside from that, she felt great and even managed a trip up and down the hallway post-surgery. So fingers crossed the next message I get from her has her home and recuperating.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel