Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was GHUTV Barre Burn. This one reminded me of my youngest dd's ballet practices with all the first position, second position.... She did use light weights throughout the workout with high reps.

Laurel, Awesome job on all those mixed up workouts! Sounds like a really nice day for getting in that walk, and of course you need to take advantage of those type of days. We are going to be getting snow. How much of course is a mystery, since the weather forecasters have been wrong on so many of them this year. The one thing I have noticed this year about the weather services, they seem to be issuing warnings that don't seem to really need it. We received a severe weather warning today, just so we are aware that in 48 hours we will have snow. :p

Thelma, Great workouts, did your shoulders pop out? :D Just love the name of that workout. Can't believe that you have a fire danger warning with all the rain that you have gotten. Guess that area needs a lot of rain to make conditions ideal. I wasn't to happy about going back to work when I had my dd, so I can understand how she feels too.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Muscle Meltdown Biceps, Party Rockin’ Step 2 Extreme premix and 20 minutes of Pilates. Good fun stuff today.

Thelma, great workouts. Like Laurie, I love the name of the shoulder popping one. :) You have a fire warning? :o I wouldn’t expect that this year, even with the clay. I hope your winds aren’t too bad. I know our temperatures are going down a bit with some rain forecast, but they haven’t mentioned the wind. But I remember last spring was windy all the time. I hope that’s not the case this year. My elbow is feeling good. I don’t notice it doing much of anything right now, but I am also keeping everything safe and controlled. I want it well healed before swinging a golf club again for sure, but I am not noticing it in my strength training right now. Fingers crossed that stays the same.

Laurie, great workout. Got to love those barre moves. :) I hope you don’t get too much snow. I have noticed early watches and warnings as well this year. I suppose they are trying to give people time to prepare, but, unfortunately, if the weather doesn’t show up, the warnings kind of become like the boy who cried wolf. Here they have a tendency to shut things down with a weather warning. A few weeks ago, they shut schools for a storm that never happened. So, of course, last Friday, when we were hit by bad weather, everybody was at school and work. But, honestly, I think it is silly to shut schools for thunderstorm chances. B)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were walking, Gentle Flow Yoga and Tracy Steen Upper, Lower, Cardio.

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like a ballet style barre class like the ones I used to take at my old yoga studio.

My shoulders didn't pop out because I can't lift heavy weights for shoulder work. It was a really good workout even when using light weights compared to what Tracy was using. I don't know how she comes up with all her workout names because she puts out 4-5 new workouts every week.
    This area of Appalachia is actually a temperate rain forest which is why we get so much rain.

Laurel, great workouts!
    The shoulder workout was good. Tracy worked all 3 heads of the shoulder. Today's workout was called something like Lots of LUC which stands for Lower Body, Upper Body and Cardio. LOL

I still can't believe we were under fire warning. The winds weren't too bad. Wednesday was much cooler. Temps were in the low 40's in the early morning. It felt very cold! We are expecting some rain on Thursday and Friday.

I am glad your elbow is feeling good. Did you ever do physical therapy for your elbow? DH hurt his elbow with pickleball, and he had to stop playing for a while and went to PT. He worked really hard doing the strengthening exercises he was prescribed. He still does them a couple of times a week.
    I hope you'll be able to play golf pretty soon!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was GHUTV Walk, Sweat, Sculpt - Lower Body. This was an okay workout, probably would sub this one for a different walk workout in the future. It would be good for a light day.

Laurel, Great mix of workouts! Glad to hear that the weight work is not aggravating your arm. I'm sure that when you go back to your golf swing, you will be aware of the grip from now on. That is really crazy about shutting down school for a thunderstorm. I know that those can create tornados. We have had the same thing around here with the snow. They predict all this snow, and then we don't receive it. We will see how today goes, since they are saying 5-10 inches.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Once you are able to up the amount of weights, I'm sure your shoulders will be popping. Still love the title of that workout. I think titles are important, they make you want to explore what the workout is like. Our friends in FL live in the Villages, and they have pickleball courts. Those where in use all day long while we where there. Glad to hear that your DH is still enjoying playing. I'm sure that you will be getting back into is at some point also?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin, Cathe Live Legs Express Moderate Weight, Muscle Meltdown Shoulders and the Core 2 work from XTrain. I was curious how my elbow would feel with the shoulder work, and it was fine. I started the meltdowns using Cathe’s weight and upped the weight on each set where I could and still no problem. So that makes me happy. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I haven’t done anything in particular with this current injury because it was pretty minor. When I had horrible tendonitis in my left arm a couple of years ago, I did some exercises recommended from a video I watched on YouTube. I found a couple of PTs on there when I tore my calf muscle four years ago (and never got a referral for PT from my doctor) that do some really good explanations and helpful exercises. I suppose the only positive to recurring injuries like I have had with my elbows (and shoulders and feet and….) is knowing what it is and what to do. But that’s the only positive. :D

Laurie, nice workout even if lighter than you hoped. I hope your snowfall amounts are closer to 5” than 10”. I definitely need to pay attention to my grip when playing golf, strength training and pretty much doing everything. I just have a natural tendency to grab things way too firmly. One of my longest experiences with this tendonitis came after we drove up to Alaska last time, and I was gripping my steering wheel too hard. B) Of course, the hundreds of miles of snow and ice had something to do with that. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Tracy Steen All Standing, No Repeat Low Impact Cardio & Strength and two Walking sessions.

My little Arnie had oral and eye surgery on Thursday. Poor little guy lost some teeth. The vet found a small mass in his left eyelid on Tuesday when I took him in for his pre-op. He seems to be doing pretty well and gets whiny from time to time. The shelter was told by the person who surrendered him that he was 5 y.o. The vet thinks he is more like 10 y.o! We are all surprised because he acts like a much younger dog. We'll see what our own vet thinks next month. The shelter is paying for all these expenses thankfully.

I thought Thursday was going to be rainy. It was cloudy and the on/off rain didn't start till about 8:45PM. It looks like it will be over at between 6-7AM. Friday will be a cloudy day with chances of thunderstorms in the morning. Our weatherman posted this on FB: Rain in Atlanta so far this year has totaled 10.22” while Seattle, WA has seen 3.51”. Wow!

I'm happy to report that the 4 Peonies we planted are alive! My miniature Lilacs are full of buds too.

Laurie, great job sticking with the workout even though it was just OK.

I think I need to do more of Tracy's shoulder poppin' workouts! Tracy definitely comes up with great titles for her workouts. Pickleball is huge now. We have a huge Floridian population here, so we know they love pickleball. I may play pickleball someday again. It's just that life is too busy and there's only so much time in the day.

Laurel, great workouts! I am so happy to hear that your elbow is healing so quickly!
    Recurring injuries do teach us to recognize the injury and learn what to do about them. Ever since I hurt my right shoulder, it's never been the same, but the PT did help tremendously. My right shoulder is definitely my weak spot.
    I would probably have a big issue with my grip if I played golf. I tend to do a death grip on everything. I was doing that with the pickleball paddle and also when driving in snowy conditions.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm trying again with a barre workout, but this one included boxing. :D I did GHUTV Barre Boxing 3, and used my 2# egg weights for the boxing. Liked this workout a lot.

We had what appeared to be a foot of snow in our area, so I'm guessing that we had closer to the 10". They had not plowed out our subdivision, but it appeared that the snowplow had gone through without the blade being down. The snow is super wet, and very heavy. No one was on the road, so the drive in was decent. No having to grip the wheel. :D

Laurel, Great job with the workouts, and of course being able to up the weights and have no issues with the elbow. I hear you on the gripping of the steering wheel while driving through snow storms. ;) I'm surprised that I have not seen indents in the steering wheel from those events. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! Poor Arnie, glad to hear that he is recovering even though he is whiny. Do the Floridians come to your area in the summer? My friends spent their first summer in FL down there, and they did say it was super hot. They are well adjusted though, because my gf was wearing a coat in the morning while I was wearing a sweatshirt. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Rock’m Sock’m Knockout with the Blizzard Blast, Muscle Meltdown Triceps and Core. Triceps were the body part I was most concerned doing with the elbow, but it seems fine. I think I will move on to some heavier weights next week and see how that goes.

Thelma, great workouts. But I am sorry Arnie has to have surgery. I am glad he is doing okay, though. I have never been the same since my left shoulder injury either. That was 17 years ago, and I never recovered full mobility or strength. But I do what I can with it in hope that I never injure it like that (full dislocation) again. I can’t imagine what that shoulder would be like if I didn’t exercise regularly. Not good. Looks like there might be more storms on Sunday. I hope you don’t get anything too bad.

Laurie, sounds like a great barre workout. :) I, too, am surprised I don’t have permanent marks in my steering wheel from both the drive too and from Alaska. :D Your friends will probably get used to that summer heat in Florida. For me, the one season I could not get used to down there was autumn…..because there was no autumn at all. I wanted apple pie and Christmas weather, and it was sunny and 80 all the time. Drove me crazy. But then, in January, I was perfectly fine with sunny and 80 again. DH and I always said if we had stayed there, we would be reverse snowbirds and go looking for holiday weather in the fall. :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a good one.

Saturday night was pretty rainy. It rained hard and steady for about 8 hours and we got 1.5 inches of rain. Monday will not get warmer than high 40's and temps will drop into the high 20's at night.

I think Arnie broke his eye stitch. I was giving him a break from the e-collar and next thing I know there's blood on my shirt. I'm so upset! I'll be taking him to the vet in the morning or as soon as the vet can see him.

My workouts on Friday were Jessica Smith Power Walking, Tracy Steen Super Fun No Jumping Hiit with Weights and Walking Outdoors
    Saturday - Walking X3
    Sunday - Walking X2 and Tracy Steen No Repeat Legs and Abs.

Laurie, that Barre boxing workout sounds like a lot of fun! Great job!

You guys got a lot of snow! I'm glad your commute to work wasn't bad. Do you ever delayed openings at work? Could you work from home on a snowy day?
    That wet snow is horrible. I used to have to shovel that heavy stuff when I lived alone.

Floridians come here all year round. A lot of them own second homes as vacation rentals here. It's funny how the body adjusts to the climate. DH and I laugh all the time at how cold we get now when temps are in the 50's, never mind below 50!

Laurel, fantastic workout combo! I am so glad giving your elbow a break seems to have helped with the healing. It sure sounds like its ready to handle heavier weights.

Arnie is doing better except for his eye that he messed up on Sunday night.
    I feel the same way you do about my right shoulder injury. OMG you really had a terrible injury!
    Did you get any rain on Saturday night? We are not expecting rain until Friday but we're going to be on the cooler side most of the week.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout this weekend at all. I was busy sewing, and babysitting the little guy. He is just so cute, and I love being a g'ma. :D Every time I see him, he is getting bigger and also getting a personality.
    I will be watching him again on Thursday. The only down side was the daylight savings time. It just takes a body so long to get used to the 1 hour change. We also had snow during rush hour, so that wasn't fun.

My workout this morning was GHUTV No Jumping Tabata HiiT. Really like this workout a lot. The instructor got the hr going really high, so this one is a keeper.

Laurel, Great news on the elbow and weights. Love all the workout! That is the one thing that our friends didn't like about being down in FL during the Christmas season. They said that it didn't feel like Christmas. I know that they will be coming back to WI in September for a wedding. I'm sure that they will enjoy being here for a little while.

Thelma, Hope that you are able to get Arnie in to the vet soon. I'm sure that you will be worried until he gets all A Okay from the vet. Great job on all those workouts! Hopefully I will be that motivated to do all that walking when I retire. March is always a month that we can get hit with a lot of snow. My SIL posted on FB that they got 16" of snow this weekend. I'm glad that we didn't get that. Have to say that I wouldn't mind getting used to temps that are warmer than we have around here. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Just a quick note to let you know today was a day without internet. :# We just got it back. Didn’t want you to wonder where I had wandered off to. :D I will post a proper update tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Walking X3 and Tracy Steen Straight Strength -Lower, Upper, Compound and Abs (LUCA). I love this LUCA format. Each circuit has all 4 areas.

I was able to take Arnie to the vet, but unfortunately a vet tech saw him, and she couldn't tell if the stitch was broken. I'm still sure it is broken. The woman said his eye was irritated and that even if the stitch was broken, they couldn't do anything about it. Somehow, I don't believe that. Arnie seems OK and he has an appointment next Wednesday to remove the stitch or whatever is left of it. Today he was more like his healthy self, so he is feeling better.

OMG! Monday was a very cold and very windy day, and it will be like that the next few days. I didn't think we'd have another cold spell and yet, here we are again!

Laurie, that Tabata workout sounds great! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I am sure you're loving watching your g'baby. Is Thursday his surgery day? Daylight savings time needs to go!
    Christmas in FL is simply weird! It really doesn't feel like Xmas at all. We spent Xmas in FL one year and it was kind of surreal.

I am not so sure that Arnie got an A Okay from the vet tech, so I can only hope for the best. My big motivation for walking is my chickens. I don't think I'd be moving so much if I didn't feel so bad about the chickens being in a cage all day long. They have a big space, but they love being outside.
    16" of snow! OMG! Our original retirement place was going to be around Asheville, NC because we'd get 4 seasons minus the snow. Blue Ridge also gives us 4 seasons minus the snow. We get pretty cold here and I we never expected that. Temps on Tuesday night will drop into the low 20's!

Laurel, thanks for the update. I'm glad your internet service was restored.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was GHUTV Jab Punch Crunch Burner Workout. Another good one.

Laurel, Dang internet! :D

Thelma, Sounds like a great workout, and of course all the walking. Happy to hear that Arnie is doing good despite the stitch issue. Baby's surgery is on Wednesday, and I will be watching him on Thursday. DD wanted me to watch him the day after, not the babysitter. ;) She went back to work yesterday, and they offered her the same job she has in a location that is 10 min. away from her home. She was so happy, because this will allow her to go home and have lunch with her son. I'm super happy for her. If all that walking is because of chickens, then that is a positive. I don't think that I will every have chickens, but that is a positive.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry about yesterday. Another internet provider is laying fiber optic cable in our neighborhood which might have taken out the existing cable for the neighborhood. :| But at least they got it fixed. Anyhow, we had a nice weekend even though it rained all day on Sunday. And now it is cold. I am hoping my budding plants continue to bud because it looks like these below freezing temps are going to stick around through next weekend.

For workouts, Saturday I did a Jessica walk and yoga. Sunday was a 45 minute spin into Cathe Live Legs, Cardio and Core Galore. Yesterday was XTrain Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders and Core 2 followed by S&S Cardio Slam. Today was another 45 minute spin and Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Lower Body with Bonus and Core. My elbow seems to be handling these heavier weights nicely which makes me very happy. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I love the sound of the LUCA workouts. Cathe has done a couple like that in her Live classes, and I love them. I hope Arnie is continuing to feel better. We are right there with you on the cold weather. I really didn’t expect to see lows in the low 20s again, but here we are. We did a walk around the yard this weekend and are seeing more signs of life in our bushes and shrubs. Hopefully this cold spell doesn’t impact that too much.

Laurie, great workouts. I love the sound of the one you did this morning. I am glad you enjoyed your time with your grandson. That is fantastic news that your DD is going to be able to work closer to home. Just being able to see him during the day will probably ease her mind so much. The thing about Florida at Christmas was how ridiculous Christmas songs sounded at the outdoor shopping malls. It is really hard to take ‘Let It Snow’ seriously when you are walking around outside in shorts and a tank top. :) I think that is kind of when I went off Christmas songs. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Walking, Gina B Low Impact, Yin Yoga and Tracy Steen Body Weight Hiit and Ab Workout.

We had another cold and windy day here in BR. At 1PM the temperature was only 38, which is very cold for that time of the day here in BR. Wednesday morning will start out in the high 20's and it's expected to warm up into the mid to high 50's!

One of my miniature lilacs got fried. DH had covered it, but the wind blew the tarp away. The strange thing is that the other lilac wasn't covered, and it looks great.

Little Arnie is doing great. We are almost done with his oral and eye antibiotics. He is not a fan of the eye ointment.

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like it was a fun one!

I hope everything goes well with the baby's surgery. I will keep him in my prayers. I am so happy to hear your DD will be working 10 minutes from home and that she'll be able to see her baby at lunch time! What a blessing!

I never expected to do the walking/low impact cardio I do when I'm out with the chickens, but it was a nice added bonus.

Laurel, Great workouts! I'm so happy your elbow is doing well with the heavier weights! I hope you can start playing golf soon.

I am glad your service got restored the same day.
    I hope your plants will survive this cold weather.

Those LUCA workouts are my favorite. I also like that Tracy lists on the right upper corner of the screen the exercises and weights for each circuit.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was GHUTV No Repeater Low Impact Strength 2. You have to love a workout that doesn't repeat the exercises.

Baby goes in for his surgery at 10:30, so I will be a worry wort until I hear from dd.

Laurel, Funny how that seems to happen all the time with people digging. We have had that happen here at work many times, even with Diggers Hotline painting and flagging everything. Great job with all those workouts! So very glad to hear that your weight work is not affecting your elbow. LOL about the songs, that is probably a crazy sensation to have. I keep thinking about the song White Christmas. That is probably more appropriate to hear, since it is more of a thought.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I hear you with the cold weather, our mornings have been in the teens. On our walk this morning, DH said that he was ready for spring to come. Sorry to hear about the lilac, hopefully it isn't to fried. Love to hear that Arnie is doing so good. When I'm watching the baby tomorrow, she will be able to have lunch with me too. Her first day at the new place is tomorrow, so it is working out fairly well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was XTrain Burn Sets Bi’s and Tri’s followed by Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing. I also went for a nice walk since it is just a little warmer today than it has been. It was in the low 40’s instead of the low 30’s like yesterday. That is still pretty cold for here this time of year, but the sunshine made it feel tolerable.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry to hear about your little lilac though. We are under another warning tonight, not just for a freeze but for frost. I took one lingering look at my pretty daffodils when I came in from my walk. I am not sure they will like the frost.

Laurie, great workout. I am thinking about you, your DD and your little grandson today. I hope the surgery goes well and he recovers quickly. When I was out for this walk today I ran into the diggers for the new cable lines. There must have been 30 people in one poor guy’s yard just digging away. I am SO not looking forward to that in our yard. I think the Christmas song that bothered me most in Florida was ‘Winter Wonderland’. I don’t know why that one drove me crazy but it did. Probably because I was missing a winter wonderland. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Walking X2, Gentle Yoga and Tracy Steen Full Body Cardio & Strength. Tracy's workout was hard because it was a fast moving without breaks and she did a lot of compound moves. Each circuit was repeated 3 times. I was able to use heavier weights too which made me very happy.

This morning felt like heatwave when I left the house at 9:30 to go to yoga. The cold wind had died down and it was sunny. It got cold again after 5PM, but we got into the low 50's.

I'm sure you've been watching Cathe's STS 2.0 video clips. I just want to tell her to stop teasing us with those awesome video clips and to send our DVDs to us like yesterday! I know they're still working on the DVD's, but I'm getting impatient now.

Laurie, great workout.
    I hope everything went well with the baby's surgery. I can imagine how worried everybody must've been about the surgery. I can't wait to read your update on the baby. I'm so glad your DD will be able to join you for lunch while you take care of the baby.

I don't blame your DH for being ready for spring! I hope my lilac isn't totally fried. I'm sure it will recover but I doubt we'll get many flowers since it was already in bloom.

We are so happy Arnie is doing so well. We had to take Chico to the vet today because he started crying when he was eating his breakfast, which consists of some kibble mixed with his wet food. We immediately thought toothache and the vet agreed with our assessment because there's some periodontal disease and a tooth that looks bad, but nothing severe.

Laurel, great workouts! I am glad you had warmer temps too!

I am sure my lilac will recover. We're under another freeze warning tonight too and we'll have more cold nights starting on Sunday! I hope your daffodils survive the frost.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin, XTrain Cardio Leg Blast and 30 minutes of Pilates. I also took a nice walk since it is sunny and warm today. Rain moves in tonight with more cold weather for the weekend. :|

Thelma, great workouts. Yay for the heavier weights!! I bet that felt good. I hope Chico’s tooth heals up okay. Poor pup. I agree with the STS 2.0 clips. I am beginning to think we may not see these DVDs until close to May though. But I am okay with that. It should make for a good summer of workouts. :) I love that there are so many varieties of equipment and modifications shown in the workouts. That should make these workouts good for just about anybody at any level, and I like that.

Laurie, I hope you are enjoying your day with your grandson and that he is healing nicely from his surgery.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Walking Outdoors x2 and Tracy Steen No Jump Cardio & Standing Ab Workout. Tracy's low impact cardio workouts are always a good leg workout, and she uses small weights 2-5 lbs. There were plenty of compound moves and she hit the abs pretty well too.

Thursday was a beautiful sunny and warm day with daytime temps in the low 60's. Expecting a rainy Friday and low night temps for the weekend an early next week.

Laurel, great workout combo! Sounds like we'll be having the same weather!

It really felt good to use heavier weights, especially because it involved the shoulders!
    Chico had a great day. No tooth complains and he ate his normal food and kibble. I called the vet to report on that and he wants me to call back on Tuesday to let him know how Chico is doing.

I agree with you that we may not get the STS 2.0 DVDs until close to May. It will be fun to get going with the program no matter what time of the year. I do like the variety of equipment she uses too. I need to get going with having DH install hooks so I can use the resistance bands for pull downs and other exercises. I had a nice setup in MA and now it's the time to do it here again.

Laurie, I hope the baby's hernia surgery went well and that he is not too uncomfortable. Praying for a speedy recovery for the little guy.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma