So who has Tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Can't post any pics of mine, but inked and proud! I have only three currently (one representing each kid and one representing part of me) I plan on getting many more, but I want to wait until I've lost a lost of the weight that way they aren't changing too much. I'm already scared of how my current ones will be affected.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    The next will have to be Darth Vader somewhere on my body...since I am a nerd

I have a Tusken Raider on my leg. :bigsmile:
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Nope, too classless and trashy.

Thats a little unfair...and rude!

thats alot unfair and rude...and might i add classless.

And mean!

I have 4. This one was a memorial for my husband who passed away last year. It has a lot of meaning for me and I think it's beautiful:
    IMG_0339.jpg

*edit to add*
    This picture was taken right after I got it, that's why it looks sorta smeary. ;)

:heart:
  • ldyminerva
    ldyminerva Posts: 21
    Options
    I've got 5. The one I got when I was 18 needs to be covered up with something cooler than a unicorn and a castle...so I'm looking into ideas for that one. I don't know how to post a picture in here, so if you tell me how, i will.

anyway. My favorite is on my right arm. It's the World Snake from Norse mythology and says "Jenny wife of Tate, Mother to Harmony and Nathaniel" in Viking Ruins. It was my 30th birthday present to myself.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have one, to honour my mum who died of cancer 5 years ago. It's on my upper back and I designed it myself. I can easily cover it up, and most people don't even know I have one!

Oh yeah, I'm also an archaeologist, in a steady relationship, have just applied for a university job and I pay all my own bills. Yes, very trashy and classless... :/
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    I have three small ones ( that can be hidden if necessary ) I would like to get cat paw prints across my foot......
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

wow. this response is classless and trashy.

Right! I've always wondered if people with rude things to say like that are aware of the fact that they are making themselves look bad, not the people with tats.
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options

Wow... to each their own and everyone has their own opinion but no one else is being rude about it!

I have two and I'm proud. One I got right after I turned 18 and the other I waited 12 years for. Love them both... have very special meanings for me.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options

tusken raider ftw!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Inked and proud! Newest one in my display pic!
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    2 and proud a pentagram dead center of my chest, and a black feather on my side :)
  • susjan
    Options

Thats a little unfair...and rude!

In her defense....everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even if their opinion is presented in a classless and trashy manner.

Just sayin', never met a 50+ person with a gravid tattoo.

You just haven't met the right people.

Soo true!!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Oh I have 4! I LITERALLY just changed my profile pic from my wrist tattoo that reads "Believe". I have 2, no 3, no 4....lol in the works.

My tats are in no way classless and trashy (well, the hip one is crappy...does that count???? :laugh: )
  • K8EYDID
    K8EYDID Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a popular topic, this board is exploding!
    I just got my fourth last week
    I don't regret any of them
    I am a project manager in the corporate world
    They all have a special meaning to me
    I will continue to get more, regardless of my age, when the time and the art is right
    I have class
    I have pride in my ink
    I am currently working on modifying our corporate policy (no visible tattoos) to "no offensive visible tattoos" because of the increasing popularity and social acceptance of tattoos.

This message board is ammunition to my cause - thank you fellow tattooed professionals
    :flowerforyou:
  • midschool22
    Options

tusken raider ftw!

BOOM!!!!

2-1.jpg
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have two tats. One of which I love, but will love even more after I fix it. The other, well you get what you pay for :) The word imagine is misspelled on my left calf. It reads Imagime. I just use my imagimation and pretend that the second m really is the n it is supposed to be. My best friend and I got the same tattoo on the same night and didn't notice the misspelling til hours later. We think its kind of funny to have matching misspelled tattoos.

I learned a few lessons from my tattoos: I can't draw and should let the expert design my tattoo based on what I am envisioning; always look at the stencil before the gun begins to whir, and you get what you pay for. If the tattoo is a cheap price, its going to be cheap quality.

All the same I love my back tat, and can't wait until I can afford to fix it so that it doesn't look quite so elementary.
  • susjan
    Options
    My newest one... to honor my Grammie... she loved pansies.

2llok0p.jpg
  • midschool22
    Options
    Another of mine. Artwork from the Green Day cd 21st Century Breakdown.

DSCN0483.jpg
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    My husband has several, I think two of my three kids have them. I was thinking of getting one when I get to goal weight, but my husband doesn't think I could handle the pain. I have a high tolerance for pain, but I'm not sure I want to do it on purpose...... I guess if I find the perfect tattoo I could handle it.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have 3 right arm, back of shoulder left side and right ankle. Getting ready to go to tattoo shop this week to have another drawn up for my 4th. No regrets.