So who has Tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• BreezyDays
    BreezyDays Posts: 292
    Options
    I LOVE my tattoos, I have 5 and the first one I got 25 yrs ago looks pretty darn decent still. I have 2 that are cover ups because I was hasty with them but they are beautiful now. My future holds more.
    A walking canvas is beautiful thing!
  • Pettygirl
    Pettygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are beautiful and exhilarating! I have three and am planning my next for my 50th birthday this year!!
    I'm working on my own design and deciding where I want to put it. I like mine where I can see them. :)

My first is a small hand tat to celebrate my freedom in my late 20's.
    My second (left shoulder) is my own artwork and designed to remind myself to not give up.
    My third (right shoulder) is the one my Dad designed for me of my animal spirit guide (a black angel cat).
    (My Dad has been battling leukemia for the last two years and I treasure this piece of his artwork that I will carry with me always.)

I think there was a rumor once that tattoos would go out of style, but then they seemed to become more popular and extravagant.
    I love it! There are ways to be safe and plenty of ways to integrate them into any lifestyle.

Rock on in peace!! ♪❀♫¸¸.•¨¯❤
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Just got mine a few weeks ago!

tattoo.jpg
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    My husband has several, I think two of my three kids have them. I was thinking of getting one when I get to goal weight, but my husband doesn't think I could handle the pain. I have a high tolerance for pain, but I'm not sure I want to do it on purpose...... I guess if I find the perfect tattoo I could handle it.

hahaha are these children your biological children - as in you gave birth to them? if so then, pffffft you can handle a tattoo no problems!
  • abbyaxiom
    abbyaxiom Posts: 33
    Options
    My dad is over 50, tattooed, and is also a well known attorney. A tattoo isn't a lack of class. Just sayin.
    Nope, too classless and trashy.

Thats a little unfair...and rude!

In her defense....everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even if their opinion is presented in a classless and trashy manner.

Just sayin', never met a 50+ person with a gravid tattoo.
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a popular topic, this board is exploding!
    I just got my fourth last week
    I don't regret any of them
    I am a project manager in the corporate world
    They all have a special meaning to me
    I will continue to get more, regardless of my age, when the time and the art is right
    I have class
    I have pride in my ink
    I am currently working on modifying our corporate policy (no visible tattoos) to "no offensive visible tattoos" because of the increasing popularity and social acceptance of tattoos.

This message board is ammunition to my cause - thank you fellow tattooed professionals
    :flowerforyou:

I am a teacher. I have 6 tattoos but only one visible during work and that is an egyptian hieroglyphic on my foot. We are allowed to show tattoos as long as they are tasteful and not in an innapropriate place, ex. No student should see a tattoo thats placed on your hip. Several teachers I know have very tasteful tattoos on their ankles,feet, even wrists. It is a form of expression that shouldnt be hindered, within reason at the workplace. I agree that it is becoming much more socially acceptable as many well educated and well mannered people get tattoos. Its far from tasteless and trashy. You can very easily be those things WITHOUT a tattoo.
  • SimplyStacey
    Options
    Proudly inked and love them all! My first was a tribal rose tattoo on my right shoulder. There isn't any significant meaning behind it; I had been working at my first job for a while, saved up enough money and decided that I wanted a tattoo! I told myself that I would get "one, *maybe* two more"... I'm now up to five tattoos. I have a band of Celtic knotwork going around my right ankle, lotus flowers on my left calf, and two music-inspired ones on my left arm. I'm sure when the time and finances are right, there will be more. :smile:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    JalNW.jpg?1

ErrLD.jpg?1

and a bunch more...
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Did you just want an excuse to show off your tat?

Kind of like your profile pic... just to show off that you know how to ride a bike?

Inked and proud here.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have a few.
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have 2 so far....more planned for the future. :smile:
  • yojaseyrae
    yojaseyrae Posts: 38
    Options
    yes!! i'm 18 and BIG tattoos, this is my latest one and currently my favourite...

16gh9g5.jpg

then i've got my whole left thigh done front and back (not finished in this picture)

vgsv1d.jpg

i've also got lyrics on my right thigh saying

"I'm puzzled by people
    Loving isn't easy
    You can't google the
    Solutions to people's feelings"

i love tattoos
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am tattooed and love it! I don't know how to post pictures but you can see it on my profile picture.
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    inked and super proud. fu(k the haters.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Yep. But I usually go for something that makes people want to ask me what it means.

That way I can just make something up at the time, since they are usually for 'ME'.
  • LonLB
    Options
    yes!! i'm 18 and BIG tattoos, this is my latest one and currently my favourite...

16gh9g5.jpg

then i've got my whole left thigh done front and back (not finished in this picture)

vgsv1d.jpg

"I'm puzzled by people
    Loving isn't easy
    You can't google the

i love tattoos

VERY, VERY AWESOME
    :love:
  • no_stemz
    no_stemz Posts: 47
    Options
    <<< inked my whole body up...haha well practically.

Link to more visible photo
  • yojaseyrae
    yojaseyrae Posts: 38
    Options

16gh9g5.jpg

vgsv1d.jpg

"I'm puzzled by people
    Loving isn't easy
    You can't google the

i love tattoos

VERY, VERY AWESOME

thank you! :) they seem pretty controversial because i'm a girl and yanno, "girls shouldnt have tattoos" and all that :D
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    thank you! :) they seem pretty controversial because i'm a girl and yanno, "girls shouldnt have tattoos" and all that :D

We shouldn't? Gasp! No one told me before I went and tattooed up over 1/2 of my body! ;-)
  • LonLB
    Options

16gh9g5.jpg

vgsv1d.jpg

"I'm puzzled by people
    Loving isn't easy
    You can't google the

i love tattoos

VERY, VERY AWESOME

My opinion=if people are going to judge based on your ink, they would find another reason to judge if you didn't have it. EF EM'.

My next three will all be writing. 1 in Spanish about my son (he is 1/2 hispanic) and one in Latin/English grammar, and one in Lakota Sioux/English grammer=documenting the things that have made me who I am.