• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have 14. You can see some of mine in this pic from yesterday:
    summerfestrocks.jpg
  • PsiChi
    PsiChi Posts: 157
    Options
    Not yet, but I plan on getting at least 2.
    1: My Fraternity letters on the ankle (historical purpose for that)
    2: The Symboly of Mercury possibly on the wrist (Not the periodic symbol, the actual symbol)
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    little shark tattoo now done on my right wrist & I adore it, its fabulous. Not that I can figure out how to add a photo :ohwell:
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    hearttattoo.jpg
    dsc3633c.jpg
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    Dont have one.....dont want one. Not for me. :smile:
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    IMG_1263.jpg

Here's the one I'm currently working on finishing. Still several roses to color, another long vine to add, and a background.... this is 15 hours in, so far.

I've also got Zero, from the Nightmare Before Christmas on my foot (chasing a flock of bats), a spiderweb on my right wrist, purple and pink stars on the insides of both wrists, and a celestial storm of color, clouds, stars, and swirls on my right hip. Oh, and a Scorpio tramp stamp on my back that I got when I was 18. I'll add pictures of the rest later on.
  • Khloe_Nicole
    Khloe_Nicole Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i have 12
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    IMG_1263.jpg

Here's the one I'm currently working on finishing. Still several roses to color, another long vine to add, and a background.... this is 15 hours in, so far.

I've also got Zero, from the Nightmare Before Christmas on my foot (chasing a flock of bats), a spiderweb on my right wrist, purple and pink stars on the insides of both wrists, and a celestial storm of color, clouds, stars, and swirls on my right hip. Oh, and a Scorpio tramp stamp on my back that I got when I was 18. I'll add pictures of the rest later on.

and here's my blog post showing the progression of my half-sleeve... start to now...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AzhureSnow/view/tattoo-progress-264049
  • wesH
    wesH Posts: 19
    Options
    A set of lips on my chest right over my heart
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I have a tramp stamp. a black rose....and I am getting a chickadee on my back shoulder this week, I am so excited :)
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I have 4 and still want and will get more. My first one at age 26 and the rest over age 40. As well, got my nose pierced at age 40.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, but I am considering one that encompasses my Canadian nationality and my Dutch heritage (like, a maple leaf with the colours of the Dutch flag superimposed on it, or something). I have yet to draw up a rough design. I'm sure there will be a bit more too it, maybe a crest if I can find any for my family. Nothing huge, probably some place fairly "safe" and inconspicuous.

I'm also considering getting the name and/or initials of my cousin Jake, who died in a tragic accident this past June 14th, 2012. He accomplished sooooooooooooo much in his 15 years (cadets, being a crazy accurate marksman, black belt in Hap Ki Do, sailing, soccer, good grades, I seem to recall him being able to play the drums, and he had a bajillion friends, and was an all-around happy kid whose life was cut too short). He has become my inspiration to try harder and do more in my life, and not take it for granted. So I want his initials and/or name, as well as the nickname he had, which was "Dash" (it was in part from the "brony" phenomenon. It comes from "Rainbow Dash"). I want this tattoo on the sole or side of my left foot, which is my dominant/starter foot. I think the word "dash" is very appropriate on a fitness and health inspiration level, too.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've seen many people, both men and women 50+ with tattoos. A guy came through my line at work last week with two full sleeves and was easily in his 50's and I have a regular customer comes through with some beautiful vines that come up over her shoulder from her chest, a tattoo she got to symbolized surviving two battles with breast cancer, she's in her early 60's and wears them proudly.

I have two, my favorite is part of a quote by Ghandi that goes "there are no goodbyes" on the top of my foot for my fiance who passed away. It has huge, personal meaning for me and helped a me a lot with my grieving process.

Everyone needs to make decisions for themselves and their body and respect what other people make with theirs. There is no need to be disrespectful simply because it's a choice you wouldn't make.
  • donovanart
    donovanart Posts: 55
    Options
    14448_175052589756_4132325_n.jpg (Think I know how to post the picture now?)

Also omg I really am in love with so many tattoos on this form!!
    Since this is a weight loss site, people with tattoos who've lost weight, have you noticed any changes with your ink? I want to start my sleeve but too nervous of it getting distorted. :embarassed:
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Ink to paper is thoughtful
    Ink to flesh, hard-core.
    If Shakespeare were a tattooist
    We'd appreciate body art more.

~Terri Guillemets

I love this!!

I have 4 tattoos

fe.jpgpurpose.jpg
  • CoffeeAndBarbells
    CoffeeAndBarbells Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I only have one, which I designed myself. I love it so much! Even though it's on my back and I rarely see it, everytime I happen to see it in a mirror or in pictures, I get positively delighted, thats how much I love it. :)

I plan on getting some peacock feathers in the near future, still looking for an artist! My ink girl moved out of town, such a bummer!

project7copy.jpg

A better pic of the actual tattoo :p

Project1-1.jpg
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    5 so far! :) I love ink!