So who has Tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• srawr
    srawr Posts: 32
    Options
    Mums writing on my wrist, red rose on my forearm with my dads writing underneath, cancer bow on the side of my wrist for my parents, heart on my other wrist and a music note heart design on my ankle :3

Love tattoos!
  • lizziem90
    lizziem90 Posts: 22
    Options
    MEEEEEEEE ;) i was inked yesterday infact!!!!!! I am trying to upload a pictire god damn computer!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Here is the one I was talking about:

kyletattoo.jpg
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Here is the one I was talking about:

kyletattoo.jpg
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Oops, first time posting a pic and didn't get it quite right!

kyletattoo.jpg
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have "Not all those who wander are lost" in elvish (sindarin transcribed into tengwar) wrapped around my left wrist. It's pretty geek-tastic, if maybe a little cheesy :).

I want more, but the rest will have to be on inconspicuous (and more fleshy) areas, so I'm waiting until I've lost the weight and maintained awhile to avoid deforming. I don't have much fat on my wrists :P.

As to professionalism, I thought my wrist would be really clever because I can just cover it with a chunky watch or bracelet, but as it turns out, bracelets move around too much, so now I'm facing the fact that I will most likely have to wear dermablend on a daily basis once I graduate (engineering is a pretty conservative profession). Ah well.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Also, there's some seriously gorgeous ink on this thread... beautiful :).
  • foyain
    foyain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have one on my lower back and it hurt like HELL! i still would like to get a couple more, just waiting to find a great tattoo artist and some cash..
  • andersene
    andersene Posts: 3
    Options
    Full thigh, full back piece, one on each shoulder, two on my arm, rib cage and my foot.
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I currently have one on my ankle- its a treble clef (music symbol just in case people don't know) wrapped around a cross

I REALLY want a second one on my back which is why I have made it my reward when I reach my goal weight :glasses:
  • Tracy_03311981
    Options
    I have 12 tattoos, 95% of them you cannot see most of the time, I prefer them to be mostly covered for work.
    I am very proud of my tattoos and consider each and every one a piece of art that my artists have put on my body.
    Anyone here can add me if you would like and perhaps exchange tattoo pics, I love to see everyone's art!
  • Tracy_03311981
    Options
    I got one on my lower back when I was 19, and I agree that the one on my lower back hurt the most!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I curently have 6 and I love them. I can't wait to get more. The next two I want are an autism awareness ribbon to represent my son and when my son writes his name the first time I want to have that done as well.
  • lisbeth75
    lisbeth75 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yep, I've got 5. My newest one is my favoiurite and only one with colour. I@m getting a cover up done on the base of my spine when I hit target!
  • babbs23
    babbs23 Posts: 11
    Options
    :smile:
  • LoFoSho100
    LoFoSho100 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have tattoos on my feet, ankles, one on my back, and a chest piece. I'm designing some sort of sleeve currently. :)
    My chest piece is the biggest one I have so far- it hurt- but I love it. You can see most of it in this pic:

2wlvioj.jpg
  • babbs23
    Options
    Inked and love them....5 so far. Would love more but hubby HATES them. They were a reward for all my hard work (75 pound weight loss) and incentive to to maintain so they continue to look beautiful. Artist is great as well. If you live in Metro Detroit area, message me and I'll get you hooked up with him and his employees....all beautiful artist!
    :happy:
  • babbs23
    Options
    At the moment a lot of friends/family are seeking expensive treatment to get rid of tattoos they got when the fad was very popular.

Tattoos have been popular for many thousands of years in human history.

I find it ironic how many people are FULLY in support of body modification if the goal of the modification is a smaller size, but are shocked and appalled if the goal of the modification is just adornment.

Great point! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....I see lots of skin in my job (labor and delivery nurse) and have come to truly appreciate some of the art I see and the meaning and thought behind much of it.
  • SolarLibra
    SolarLibra Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love my ink and I have 5 more in the works.
  • triman921
    triman921 Posts: 2
    Options
    i do! :) inked and proud. 2 half sleeves, thigh piece, akle pieces, chest and back.. always adding more.