Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options

Replies

• p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow I have just printed off so many of these ideas - it will feed us for weeks haha! Went and stocked up on meat so that I can try some of them!

I will let you know when I've tried any! Great thread!
    -x-x-
  • meganspalmer
    Options
    sounds like a great recipe! which brand of bbq sauce is the best?
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great recipe! which brand of bbq sauce is the best?
    I like sweet baby rays.
  • MizMeow
    MizMeow Posts: 16
    Options
    I threw together:
    3 piece skinless boneless chicken breast
    1 can rinsed kidney beans
    1 can rinsed pinto beans
    1 can rinsed black beans
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can spring water
    1 cup chicken broth

cooked it on low all day

Ohh soo good...
  • booch221
    booch221 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A Year of Slow Cooking
    Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Bean Stew
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/07/slow-cooker-smoked-sausage-and-bean.html
  • booch221
    booch221 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    "Does anyone know where I can buy a new glass/plastic top for a crockpot? I want one now and don't want to wait to order one."

Amazon has some pot lids, in silicone, glass and metal, but you said you didn't want to wait. So I would check my existing pot lids and see if one of them fits. If it does, go to a store like Walmart and buy a glass lid of that size. You might also check second hand stores.
  • spequeno
    spequeno Posts: 1
    Options
    bump

This is the best topic!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot chicken and dumplings
    (Generally like 400ish calories a serving)

1.5 lbs of chicken (I generally use thigh meat cause I am cheap, but breast works fine too.)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 can chicken broth
    1 container of sour cream
    1 package of biscut dough (from the refridgerator section)

Dice the chicken up and put it in the crock pot with the soup and the broth. Let that cook for anywhere from 4-8 hours (depends on how hot your crock pot runs). Add the sour cream and break up each biscut into little pieces and add to the mix. Sitr it up and cook for another hour.

It is sooo easy and super delicious. I generally cook for 6 hours (due to my specific crock pot) and then add the extra hour after adding the biscuts.
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I threw together:
    3 piece skinless boneless chicken breast
    1 can rinsed kidney beans
    1 can rinsed pinto beans
    1 can rinsed black beans
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 can spring water
    1 cup chicken broth

cooked it on low all day

Ohh soo good...

that sound yummy, thanks. Do you think you could begin that with frozen chicken breasts? Did you serve it with sour cream, or anything else? Was it somewhat soupy?
  • NoelleLou
    Options
    A favorite in our house is as follows:

4 chicken breasts
    2 cans Campbell's low fat cream soup (we use chicken, but you can use anything)
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1 TSP flour

Throw the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the 2 cans of soup overtop. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.

1/2 hour before finished mix cornmeal & flour together. Sprinkle on top of mixture.

The result? Yummy creamy chicken with a cornbread type crust on top. YUM.

Holy Yummyness Batwoman!! This sounds sooo good! Thank you

** I also do a variation of her recipe as well- Lazy Man Chicken Pot pie- All above ingredients except NOT the flour or cornmeal. Add one can of corn, can of green beans, can of sliced carrots & a whole chopped onion. Make pillsbury crescent rolls or bisquits on top. Its a CROWD PLEASER in my house! I have tons more that I will add to the end of this thread.. Ive also friended you to keep you posted on all my new crock pot creations! I make a lazy man chicken fajita in the CP- amazing!
  • NoelleLou
    Options
    I have THEE most amazing recipe for MEAT SAUCE you will ever have, Its known among my friends as "Noelle's Fabulous Meat Sauce" lol.. Original recipe called for ground beef & regualr sweet italian sausage but I prefer turkey & chicken bc its lower in fat/calories.

1 lb. ground lean turkey
    1 lb. chicken sauage- taken out of case or bulk.
    1 large can crushed tomatos
    2 6 oz. cans of tomoato sauce
    1 small can tomato paste
    4 whole carrots - Chopped & diced fine (like food processed)
    1 med onion (food processed/diced fine)
    1 green pepper (food processed or diced fine)
    2 TBSP garlic
    2 shakes of italian seasoning
    2 TBSP sugar
    1/2 cup of water

Brown sausage & turkey~ drain~ transfer to slow cooker. Add all other ingredients. Cook on medium heat for 6-8 hrs. 1/2 hr before serving add 1/2 c parmesan cheese. Serve with whole wheat pasta & crusty french bread. PS Its only me & my husband & I can get 2-3 nights of meals out of this. It freezes beautifully.

I dont know the calorie count- Sorry!

Ill keep 'em coming- I have a ton!
  • NoelleLou
    Options
    And PS.. What is BUMP???!?!:embarassed:
  • jjordan1270
    jjordan1270 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello...I am new here but I feel the same way...I lost 47lbs then recently had surgery and was out of commision for 6weeks and gained 10lbs...so I hope that this site can help me get back on the ball...
  • barrigoni2
    Options
    bump thanks
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump
  • NoelleLou
    Options
    BUMP means thanks????
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    BUMP means thanks????

Bump means a couple things... one is you might not have time to comment right then, so you want to come back to the thread later (and want to find it again lol) and it will bump it over to your 'My Topics' category so you'll have it there to look at later to snag the recipes or comment on the article later.

A Bump also brings the thread to the top of the threads.

Bump also is a form of flattery in some cases if you really liked the article, topic etc. and want to be sure others see it you bump it so it moves up.

When you see someone say bump thanks! It just means thanks! and they're bumping at the same time :wink:

Hth:happy:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    My brain just kicked in - "Stay At Home Mom"?
    exactly!:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can buy a new glass/plastic top for a crockpot? I want one now and don't want to wait to order one.

Thanks,

Jeannie
    Look up on your local Freecycle groups, great place to find things you need or need to get rid of that others have or are looking for themselves. Yahoogroups.com Then look up your area and freecycle Lots and lots of crocks and lids to be had there! Someone is always breaking a lid or a crock and passing along the rest to someone in need, good luck! I feel for you!:drinker:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    bump Bump BUMP! :tongue: