Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options

Replies

• cuppycake22
    Options
    This isn't exactly low calorie, but it was really good, really easy and everyone in my family ate it.

Beef and mushroom stew
    1 lb stew meat (I didn't trim it, but you could to make it lower in fat)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    2 cans of sliced mushrooms
    1 package of dry onion soup mix.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours
    Throw it all in and when you get home, stir it all up and make either noodles or rice. Poor the stew over the noodles and serve. Serves 4

I used the Sparks recipe calculator and it came out to about 250 calories per 4 ounce service, plus what ever for the noodles/rice.

My family includes 2 fussy teenagers, a meat and potatoes hubby and elderly parents in their 90's. Everyone ate it. So when I make it I double everything.

Also, I put the meat in frozen so that it is not over done when I get home, if we are running late.

JAM

I have this in my slow cooker right now! My boyfriend HATES mushrooms including mushroom soup so the first time I made this I wouldn't tell him the ingredients and he LOVED it! So for any mushroom haters out there you should definitely try this with the mushroom soup and no extra mushrooms :)
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    http://www.fredmeyer.com/great_meals/leigh_ann_recipes/soups/Pages/super_easy_crock_pot_chili.aspx
    I ditched the chopped onion and added mexicorn to mine.

I have this in the crock pot now, lol. Going to take it in for lunch tomorrow at work.

I put it into the recipe calc and it says a serving has 318 calories, I actually measured it out cup by cup and it serves about 8. I used 80% lean beef. It's a bit high in sodium, next time I'm going to see if I can make it a bit lower in sodium, maybe they have low sodium tomato paste or chili seasoning or something.
  • GLW1969
    GLW1969 Posts: 23
    Options
    i use my slow cookers for various meals from beans and rice to spaghetti i just make sure i have left over ground beef the i made the night before for the spaghetti . my family fave. is mini briskets shredded for sandwiches.
    i just find the smaller 1/4 or so trimmed up ones at my local grocery store and use barbecue spice and meat tenderizer and water to cook it on high till it falls apart then just put in some sauce . the left overs are very good .
    i usually make about 3 pounds of this and have some left for made ahead meals.
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JillMaddox
    Options
    Okay I am way to lazy to read 16 pages of answers and bumps....so...here is my fav cook book for my crock pots ( I have 4 crock pots, 2 slow roasters and a steamer)

Fix it and forget it lightly:

http://www.amazon.com/FIX--FORGET--LIGHTLY-Healthy-Low-Fat/dp/1561484318/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282667562&sr=1-1

I bascially will make anything in a crock pot. I will post some recipes later....I will see if I have any on my blog I can link easily.
  • JillMaddox
    Options
    This si the only one I have on my blog...but I have tons more.

http://pjslifeandstuff.blogspot.com/2010/07/green-beanssnap-beans.html
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Bump! :wink:
    This is awesome - just learned what Bump meant, too... ;0
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Easy crockpot stroganoff

1 pound lean ground chuck
    1 cup light/fat free sour cream
    1 can cream of mushroom (I like the one with roasted garlic)
    2/3 cup milk
    1 tablespoon worchestershire
    1 tablespoon grated parmesan
    1 teaspoon season salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or two chopped cloves)
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    Pepper to taste (I use fresh ground)
    No Yolks extra broad noodles

I threw in everything including the meat (which was still frozen) and didnt drain the beef. I know, not the best idea...but I use really lean ground chuck so it tastes good and isnt that greasy.
    1/4 of the meat mix and one serving of the noodles makes for about a 500 calorie dinner...and a happy man.

ps - add a can of mushrooms or fresh ones if thats your thing...I dont like mushrooms though so I leave em out.
  • LeesaD113
    Options
    Found this in my runners world magazine...going to try it tomorrow.

:smile: Slow-Cooked Clam Chowder:smile:

1 onion diced
    2 celery stalks diced
    1 T olive oil

2 8 ounce cans of clams
    1 8 ounce bottle of Clam Juice
    2 t Garlic
    3 Russet potatoes cubed into bite size
    1 12 ounce can fat free evaporated milk

Saute the onions and celery in the olive oil. Transfer to slow cooker and add other ingredients except the milk
    Cover and cook on high 3 hours or low for 6 hours...during last hour add the mild. Season with salt and pepper

makes 4 servings
    385 calories
    56g Carbs
    28g Protein
    5g Fat
    36% DV Zinc

The article also mentions that the carb rich poratoes help protect immunce cells weakened by a hard run (study by ASU)

Seafood is high in zinc which studies show runners may not get enough of.

These are all such great recipes, but I am definitely trying this one VERY soon!!!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Easy crockpot stroganoff

1 pound lean ground chuck
    1 cup light/fat free sour cream
    1 can cream of mushroom (I like the one with roasted garlic)
    2/3 cup milk
    1 tablespoon worchestershire
    1 tablespoon grated parmesan
    1 teaspoon season salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or two chopped cloves)
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    Pepper to taste (I use fresh ground)
    No Yolks extra broad noodles

I threw in everything including the meat (which was still frozen) and didnt drain the beef. I know, not the best idea...but I use really lean ground chuck so it tastes good and isnt that greasy.
    1/4 of the meat mix and one serving of the noodles makes for about a 500 calorie dinner...and a happy man.

ps - add a can of mushrooms or fresh ones if thats your thing...I dont like mushrooms though so I leave em out.

sounds interesting. do you cook it on low, on high? for how long? I assume you make the noodles separately? You don't add them in and cook them all day do you? I am interested in learning more on this one.

thanks
  • Jovialation
    Options
    eep! sorry, i meant to add in these specifications!
    I cooked it on low for about 5 hours, then left the lid off as I expected the bf home by then and any longer wouldve made it too runny.
    and yes, noodles were cooked separate right before serving.
  • dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all these! I am always on the go working mom: and love to use my crockpot but had like 2 recipes!!!! I will probably be trying them all:happy:
  • roperc
    roperc Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the great recipes, I too work long hours and need something I can put in the crockpot so my family can eat when they get home. Can't wait to try some of these recipes!!!!!
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I just came up with this one on my own. Im making a casserole out of it but it could work in a crock pot as well

'mexican cheesy chicken casserole'

-4 chicken breasts
    -1/2 jar pace picante sauce
    -1 can campbells cheese soup
    -1 cup ultimate southwest blend frozen veggies (or various 'mexican recipe appropriate' veggies)
    -1 cup small shell pasta
    -1 packet taco seasoning (or one recipe worth of home made)
    -3/4 cup sargento reduced fat mexican shredded cheese (optional, but I like my food cheeeeeesssyyy)
    -2/3 cup water

In the case of a slow cooker...place the breasts, sauce, soup, seasoning, veggies and water (may want to up it to a 1 1/4 cup so it doesnt cook down too much) in the slow cooker.
    You can add the veggies a half hour before serving if you want em less uh, mushy.
    Cook on low for ...however long youre too busy to be near it haha

Cook noodles separately, add in right before serving.
    tada?

Like I said, thats a rough guess cuz Im making it into a casserole and havent even tried making it yet. I think itll turn out well tho!
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    Anyone ever made Gumbo in the crockpot?

I'm going to try it. If you have any hints or recipes, please repost them.

Thanks,

JAM

PS: I've got shrimp and mild sausage that I can use for the meat.

I know I've made a cooking light recipe from my cookbook "5 ingredients 15 minutes", but this is the closest I can find online and it's not in a crock pot. I know I used a package of frozen gumbo mix vegetables, which would reduce the # of ingredients, but it still wouldn't be 5. I will try to remember to post the recipe from the cookbook when I get home, but I'm very forgetful! haha

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups gumbo and 1/2 cup rice)

Ingredients
    1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag rice
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 cup frozen chopped onion
    1 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
    1 cup frozen cut okra
    1 cup chopped celery
    1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
    2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
    8 ounces turkey kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
    1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with peppers and onion
    1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    Preparation
    Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.

While rice cooks, combine flour and oil in a Dutch oven; saute over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add onion and next 6 ingredients (onion through red pepper); cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.

Stir in chicken, kielbasa, tomatoes, and broth; cook 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:369 (28% from fat)
    Fat:11.3g (sat 2.7g,mono 4.8g,poly 3g)
    Protein:29.4g
    Carbohydrate:37g
    Fiber:3g
    Cholesterol:77mg
    Iron:2.2mg
    Sodium:949mg
    Calcium:92mg
  • sherrilewis
    Options