What delicious food are you allergic to?

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
You know.. what food do you wish you could eat but cannot because..well you might die?

I'm allergic to bananas and avocados. My lips and throat gets itchy and I cough alot.

Replies

• KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    Bananas. I thought I was the only one in the world with this allergy. Developed that the same time I developed hayfever in my early 20s.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    soy, tree nuts, peanuts/pb, mangoes, coconut, oats, and tomatoes/strawberries if i eat them in large quantities. i have food allergies. :( lol
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    im allergic to nachos...if i eat them a LOT my whole body gets swollen and im lethargic. sucks, because i really love nachos.
  • lkweber21
    lkweber21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kiwi :(
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm not allergic to tomatoes or potatoes, but I can't eat them as they aggrevate my Restless Leg Syndrome. It sucks!!
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Kiwi :(

Yep, me too! And, it sucks because they are good! But, totally not worth my throat swelling!
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't quite die, but red wine gives me migraines. <sniff> I love red wine!
  • Bmjnash
    Bmjnash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mine would be kiwi. as a kid I ate it all the time with no problem, but when I tried it a couple years ago my thiroat started to close. I loved kiwi
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm not allergic to any food...maybe that was part of my problem... :tongue:
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    Carrots and Blueberries... which sucks cause I LOVE both...

it wont kill me but it sure does knocks me out of commission for a few days
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Chocolate... and literally. I break out when I eat it :(
  • HerroEmma89
    HerroEmma89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Red sauce any kind of red pasta sauce and I'm sick alllllllllllll night. And yet I will still eat it.
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Onions...if I eat too many of them, my hands and feet break out in small blisters and my throat gets itchy :(
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Any fruit that is over ripe, otherwise avocado (which I love), oranges and eggs!
  • anna0306
    anna0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Apples :( And especially now, in the summer, they look so juicy and delicious. That is the one I miss. It's actually a pollen allergy. I'm also allerigic to most raw fruits and veggies, which makes it a beast to lose weight. I can't snack on carrots or celery.
  • buffyblank
    buffyblank Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Shellfish!!! It's a systimic reaction so I could lose a few pounds if I ate it, but I'd rather just not bother with the rash that follows.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    A recent "allergy" within the last year or so....
    Blueberries. Makes my stomach feel like there's a little gremlin rolling around.

This allergy was realized after I ate about 2 cups of them in pancakes and on top of some yogurt..... Not a good day.
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm not allergic to any food...maybe that was part of my problem... :tongue:

lol this...my mom is allergic too almost everything though and it developed when she was older, so I might be later in life.
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Almonds
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I think I might be allergic to crab - 2 out of the last 3 times I ate it I was throwing up all night. Could just be that it was bad crab but I'm not quite ready to try it again yet lol!!